Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment

11-04-2021, 12:24 PMTommySalami Wrote: I have some thoughts to give as there has been some good discussion in here.

HO is an ever-changing entity. Myself, hhh and rangerjase were not involved in the Toronto decision from a few seasons ago. I myself was very against the decision in the comments and felt like there could have been a better solution reached. If I joined HO because I want to see change but am held back by the decisions of those who came before me, how can we expect the league to change and grow?

We are currently working on becoming more lenient to GMs. Being a GM in this league used to be a privilege that was fought over, now it seems like a chore to a lot of people. Sadly for MTL, the punishment was set in stone as per the rulebook. There is nothing in the rulebook regarding this situation with Ace so we have room to be more lenient. As long as I'm in HO, I'll be fighting for the removal of auto-firing strikes/probation and hopefully we can get that approved and into the rulebook. I believe it limits our ability to run the league. It's not difficult to tell when a GM has become too incompetent to run their team. Punishment is not an effective deterrent in the real world so I'm not sure why we'd expect it to be in our sim league.

I can give you reasons for HOs laziness but I think we should take responsibility for that. We need to do a better job communicating and frankly getting things from the discussion phase to the action phase. I Personally take responsibility for that as I am now a leader within the group. Frankly, Luke did a lot that went under the radar and it's everyones job in HO to pick up the slack.

I appreciate a lot of this, especially that recognition that GMing isn't a desirable role for most people right now. I think this is a multifaceted issue, but the punishments and stressors associated are a component and to have that considered is a start.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

11-04-2021, 12:24 PMTommySalami Wrote: I have some thoughts to give as there has been some good discussion in here.

HO is an ever-changing entity. Myself, hhh and rangerjase were not involved in the Toronto decision from a few seasons ago. I myself was very against the decision in the comments and felt like there could have been a better solution reached. If I joined HO because I want to see change but am held back by the decisions of those who came before me, how can we expect the league to change and grow?

We are currently working on becoming more lenient to GMs. Being a GM in this league used to be a privilege that was fought over, now it seems like a chore to a lot of people. Sadly for MTL, the punishment was set in stone as per the rulebook. There is nothing in the rulebook regarding this situation with Ace so we have room to be more lenient. As long as I'm in HO, I'll be fighting for the removal of auto-firing strikes/probation and hopefully we can get that approved and into the rulebook. I believe it limits our ability to run the league. It's not difficult to tell when a GM has become too incompetent to run their team. Punishment is not an effective deterrent in the real world so I'm not sure why we'd expect it to be in our sim league.

I can give you reasons for HOs laziness but I think we should take responsibility for that. We need to do a better job communicating and frankly getting things from the discussion phase to the action phase. I Personally take responsibility for that as I am now a leader within the group. Frankly, Luke did a lot that went under the radar and it's everyones job in HO to pick up the slack.
my favorite HO member

11-04-2021, 12:36 PMKalakar Wrote: How is everyone doing on this fine thursday?
I’m doing pretty good, hbu Kal .-.

11-04-2021, 12:32 PMCampinKiller Wrote: I hope nobody is mad at you, especially since you haven't gotten the invite to the commish stuff yet, somehow. At least you're around and active

I was in the the places I needed to be to do my job well enough. Especially with these punishments. I also am in the simmer discord now.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 12:41 PM by Drokeep.)

11-04-2021, 12:08 PMBriedaqueduc Wrote: this league is really going downhill, page 7 and no thread team in sight, not even a recipe

YIKES
My first time let's goooo!!!

Wiener Schnitzel

INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups fine plain dried breadcrumbs
1/2 pound veal scaloppine or eye round, cut across the grain into 4 equal pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Curly parsley or lettuce
Special Equipment
A deep-fry thermometer

PREPARATION
  1. Line a large baking sheet with a double layer of paper towels. Whisk flour and 1 teaspoon salt in a wide shallow bowl. Lightly whisk eggs and cream in another wide shallow bowl until the yolks and whites are just streaky. Mix breadcrumbs and 2 teaspoons salt in a third wide shallow bowl. Pound veal slices between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8"-1/16" thickness, being careful not to tear. Season lightly with salt and pepper.

2. Prop a deep-fry thermometer in a large deep skillet; pour in oil so that bulb is submerged. Heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Add butter to skillet and adjust heat to maintain 350°F.

3. Dredge 2 veal slices in flour mixture; shake off excess. Dip in egg. Turn to coat; shake off excess. Dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere; shake off excess. Transfer slices to skillet. Using a large spoon, carefully baste the top of the veal with the hot oil. Cook until breading puffs and starts to brown, about 1 minute. Turn and cook until browned, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to paper towel-lined sheet. Repeat with remaining veal slices.

4. Divide veal among plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley or lettuce.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

11-04-2021, 12:40 PMDrokeep Wrote:
11-04-2021, 12:08 PMBriedaqueduc Wrote: this league is really going downhill, page 7 and no thread team in sight, not even a recipe

YIKES
My first time let's goooo!!!

Wiener Schnitzel

INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups fine plain dried breadcrumbs
1/2 pound veal scaloppine or eye round, cut across the grain into 4 equal pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Curly parsley or lettuce
Special Equipment
A deep-fry thermometer

PREPARATION
  1. Line a large baking sheet with a double layer of paper towels. Whisk flour and 1 teaspoon salt in a wide shallow bowl. Lightly whisk eggs and cream in another wide shallow bowl until the yolks and whites are just streaky. Mix breadcrumbs and 2 teaspoons salt in a third wide shallow bowl. Pound veal slices between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8"-1/16" thickness, being careful not to tear. Season lightly with salt and pepper.

2. Prop a deep-fry thermometer in a large deep skillet; pour in oil so that bulb is submerged. Heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Add butter to skillet and adjust heat to maintain 350°F.

3. Dredge 2 veal slices in flour mixture; shake off excess. Dip in egg. Turn to coat; shake off excess. Dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere; shake off excess. Transfer slices to skillet. Using a large spoon, carefully baste the top of the veal with the hot oil. Cook until breading puffs and starts to brown, about 1 minute. Turn and cook until browned, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to paper towel-lined sheet. Repeat with remaining veal slices.

4. Divide veal among plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley or lettuce.

Grass green, sky blue, interns being great, tables not turned

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

11-04-2021, 12:24 PMTommySalami Wrote: We are currently working on becoming more lenient to GMs. Being a GM in this league used to be a privilege that was fought over, now it seems like a chore to a lot of people. Sadly for MTL, the punishment was set in stone as per the rulebook. There is nothing in the rulebook regarding this situation with Ace so we have room to be more lenient. As long as I'm in HO, I'll be fighting for the removal of auto-firing strikes/probation and hopefully we can get that approved and into the rulebook. I believe it limits our ability to run the league. It's not difficult to tell when a GM has become too incompetent to run their team. Punishment is not an effective deterrent in the real world so I'm not sure why we'd expect it to be in our sim league.

while the situation isn't exactly stated in the rule book, there's precedent about what's happening in illegal trade. Despite precedent, it was decided to be not followed cause it would be to much work and hard to resolve due to the whole situation, despite the commish having been made aware an hour before the draft (which could have easily cancel the trade and solved everything that's currently happening, angering 1-2 teams instead of 18-19). And yet, it was decided to go with something that 'sound like the issue' aka illegal trades, along with picking what fit the narrative in the punishment instead of going with what's clearly written for SAID punishment that was decided similar enough. Still sound like some pick and choose in the rule book instead of following it or following precedent.

If it's really in the work to remove all infractions to GM, im expecting an announcement soon enough (though with HO timeline this season, maybe we will see in 2 months) about removing all mention of firing in the rule book and removing all strike to GMs since it's something that have such an impact that not everyone should be subject to even if it's written on similar punishment.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

11-04-2021, 12:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-04-2021, 11:42 AMspooked Wrote: I mean, if we're considering changing rules, it is a current problem. But like I said, it wasn't in context of this, more in context of the discussion about applying strikes in general. I am going to be out of SHL HO in a few days and have been holding myself out of decisions/discussions for a week or two now, so I would not be really able to speak on the stance of this punishment but I don't think it is fair to say it is a potential future problem when we have already have GM openings happen with literally 1 or no applications.
I’m gonna pretend you didn’t just admit to quitting on your job before your term was up and say that application numbers have dwindled over the course of many seasons due to the consistent fuck ups and general inattentiveness from the Head Office, regardless of which individual personnel it is comprised of.

It’s been looming large for a while. Hand waving rules and letting things slide doesn’t address the root problem and only adds to a general feeling of apathy towards the league and the jobs it offers.
Admit to quitting on my job before my term was up? What is the issue with that? Where is that a problem, many people have quit site jobs before, and I am quitting it because the rules say I literally have to?

What is with your constant negativity about everything?

Can someone explain to me how Ace isn’t getting a write up for this? Yall fucking hit Infidel with it, but you’re letting him off scot free?

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 01:13 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

11-04-2021, 01:10 PMMerica Wrote: Can someone explain to me how Ace isn’t getting a write up for this? Yall fucking hit Infidel with it, but you’re letting him off scot free?

If I understand it, it's twofold. A) They're getting away from that sort of stuff in HO so they didn't see the need to apply something that might be gone soon, and B) This exact situation wasn't in the rulebook so HO could avoid being forced to apply it because of the rulebook. Anyone can correct me on these though

Edit: Not saying I agree or disagree with the rationale either, just that's how I understand it

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 01:15 PM by spooked.)

11-04-2021, 01:13 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
11-04-2021, 01:10 PMMerica Wrote: Can someone explain to me how Ace isn’t getting a write up for this? Yall fucking hit Infidel with it, but you’re letting him off scot free?

If I understand it, it's twofold. A) They're getting away from that sort of stuff in HO so they didn't see the need to apply something that might be gone soon, and B) This exact situation wasn't in the rulebook so HO could avoid being forced to apply it because of the rulebook. Anyone can correct me on these though

Edit: Not saying I agree or disagree with the rationale either, just that's how I understand it

I think that is where it came from. We had already talked a little bout removing/changing strikes, so it probably just wasn't included cause there was no point to. The rule itself is also not dependent on strikes to begin with, so they are just a formality even in the current rules.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 01:16 PM by Merica.)

11-04-2021, 01:13 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:

In response to your first point, then it would sound like their picking and choosing who they hit with probation, because Ace DID break the rules. If their moving away from that system, why would they hit Infidel with a strike? I know you don’t have the answers, I’m just saying it seems very poorly thought out on HOs end

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

11-04-2021, 01:16 PMMerica Wrote:
11-04-2021, 01:13 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: If I understand it, it's twofold. A) They're getting away from that sort of stuff in HO so they didn't see the need to apply something that might be gone soon, and B) This exact situation wasn't in the rulebook so HO could avoid being forced to apply it because of the rulebook. Anyone can correct me on these though

In response to your first point, then it would sound like their picking and choosing who they hit with probation, because Ace DID break the rules. If their moving away from that system, why would they hit Infidel with a strike?  I know you don’t have the answers, I’m just saying it seems very poorly thought out on HOs end
Cause time exists? Like what? Things happen in a sequence of time, not all at once?

Maybe don’t look back at why Ace was fired from his NEW job. He didn’t try and trade picks he didn’t own multiple times. That never happened

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

11-04-2021, 01:19 PMspooked Wrote:
11-04-2021, 01:16 PMMerica Wrote: In response to your first point, then it would sound like their picking and choosing who they hit with probation, because Ace DID break the rules. If their moving away from that system, why would they hit Infidel with a strike?  I know you don’t have the answers, I’m just saying it seems very poorly thought out on HOs end
Cause time exists? Like what? Things happen in a sequence of time, not all at once?

Cause when punishments are delayed and come out in the same week they kinda seem like they happen at once.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]