Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 03:28 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

As someone who GMed in other leagues for a couple years my reasoning for not GMing here despite being asked to earlier has nothing to do with the compensation, but simply the fact that some people are just way too obsessed with winning and will look for any way to exploit the system and it takes a toll on you to get fucked every season for not spending all your time on this eh.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-04-2021, 11:02 PMKeygan Wrote:
11-04-2021, 10:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: Overdoo I'm not sure people saw coming but the shl gm...

What had Dankoa ever done to make people think he may disappear within two months of hiring?

stepped down from tex

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-05-2021, 01:09 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
11-05-2021, 11:11 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: why would we want that? Personally I enjoy the fact that we can't just set and forget our tactics, especially in the playoffs. "lesser" teams can easily win out with the right tactics.

....what?  If anything FHM has shown us that lesser teams indeed cannot win at all no matter their tactics choices.

Yeahthat

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

11-05-2021, 02:36 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
11-05-2021, 01:46 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: I didn't realize they were considered a lesser team, I figured their fancy sheet that spits out the tactics for them was worth at least like 3k tpe

so is TPE the master decider or isn't it?  I'm confused as to where you're coming from

I think more tpe is nice but overall the build is what matters the most. If you build to the mold of high checking, d read, puckhandling, and strength, then you can set your sliders a certain way and boom. 40 win season

11-05-2021, 12:22 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-05-2021, 11:30 AMluketd Wrote: That’s a no from me dawg on gms getting PT passes or CW passes. Lead from example and do the work. This is coming from being a gm in both leagues. CW takes an hour max, you can do it while scouting. CW is as easier as it’s ever been now lmao

Checking GM tasks for backup assignments doesn't take that long either but hey, whatever floats your boat.

You should be one of the people in this league who knows the kind of works that GMs put in on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly basis. Part of underpaying GMs was to ensure that "only people who would take the job seriously would apply." Now here we are with.....how many applicants for Toronto and Minnesota? Hell, Minnesota's CO GM LEFT MINNESOTA for Toronto. If that doesn't say anything about the application pool, I don't know what does. People aren't applying because they know the position is vastly underpaid for the amount of work that GMs put in. Especially during the current "meta" where parity is absolute dogshit, no one wants to apply for an underpaid job in a league that has a "you better make this a full time job or gtfo" mindset.

Maybe a PT pass isn't the way to go, so maybe you're right on that one. I disagree, but let's just say you're right because you and I both know that when it comes to making things easier on people, this league will do anything but. But there has to be a better way to make being a GM actually worth it outside of "the love of the game" because obviously that shit isn't appealing to the group of people this league needs to become interested in this position again.

This "I struggled so you should struggle too" mindset is absolute dogshit. God forbid we actually make things a little easier on people who this league needs to be able to continue.

Damn you really like to be passive aggressive dont you. If you refer to me having Vertigo as the main goalie in the budget. I had to look at your budget sheet because I did not have access to GM tasks, where it did not denote who was the backup goalie, and they both made the same money. So What I took is that the top goalie was the main goalie and the bottom goalie was the backup goalie. I was not aware who was the backup until you tagged me where I responded 1 minute later. So I dont know why you threw that in, maybe as a jab? Maybe you should really want start shit in the budget channel and not in the GM channel

But to the main thing, which is GM's not having PT Passes I am just against it. The whole point for me as a GM is to lead your team, both as a GM and as a player. You want to set the example of being a good player. If all GMs get PT passes, how will the reflect on the league. 40 SHL GM's + 28 SMJHL GM's dont get to do PT's. I dont want to be the ISFL where they throw around PT passes like its Candy. I know the work that goes into being a GM, and yet everyone still does PT's and CW's. And it's not we suffer so they suffer, how long do PT's take, 5? 10 miuntes? CW is an hour? Its not that long of a time to earn TPE.

Code:
Hell, Minnesota's CO GM LEFT MINNESOTA for Toronto
Kluster applied and was getting approved before the Minnesota job opened up. Now you can say how could Kluster not know that Gibbles was going to step down, who knows. Thats on them

For the actual Minnesota job, I mean who really wants to take a job in Minnesota? A team that has been at the bottom of the league for the past 10+ seasons. Mostly it comes down to the internal candidates on it, and Muted will do a good job, he is passionate for Minnesota and I really do hope he will do a good job.

Lets be honest here, people want to be GM's because they want to make their mark on the league and they think that they can build a great team. Thats why you get people applying for GM positions. Its "worth it" because they deem that being a GM is worth it. I know when we had apps out for GM's, we had plently of people apply, and were qualified/ we thought they would make good GM's. What it goes down to is internal canidates usually get the job 99% of the time. So thats why there are a handful of applications for GM's, and with expansion there are like 5-8 qualified users.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I need an AC pass

guys can we just stop being mad? its ruining my vibe

@Rangerjase did nothing wrong

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

11-05-2021, 05:29 PMGrannyPanPan Wrote: guys can we just stop being mad? its ruining my vibe

+1

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

lock thread ban jaywhy

[Image: 3.png]

I should be commissioner again. I’d get shit done and I don’t care what any of y’all think. Eat shit.

Ragnar for commish.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

11-05-2021, 04:32 PMluketd Wrote: But to the main thing, which is GM's not having PT Passes I am just against it. The whole point for me as a GM is to lead your team, both as a GM and as a player. You want to set the example of being a good player. If all GMs get PT passes, how will the reflect on the league. 40 SHL GM's + 28 SMJHL GM's dont get to do PT's. I dont want to be the ISFL where they throw around PT passes like its Candy. I know the work that goes into being a GM, and yet everyone still does PT's and CW's. And it's not we suffer so they suffer, how long do PT's take, 5? 10 miuntes? CW is an hour? Its not that long of a time to earn TPE.
We voted to give GMs the equivalent of CW passes in ISFL over a year ago now and there's not been any tangible negatives, is there any reason you dislike the idea besides the idea that GMs should have to do further, additional work to set an example or because you don't think it's much extra work?

Given that the standard there is that most teams scout every player in each draft class and that doesn't happen here, freeing up some of their time to do scouting rather than CW busy work seems like it could improve the experience for other users. Further, given how many punishments there are for missing GM tasks in SHL compared with ISFL, it seems a pretty easy way to reduce their workload at that time of the season.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Give me CW and PT pass so i can be a max earner

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-05-2021, 07:03 PMRagnar Wrote: I should be commissioner again. I’d get shit done and I don’t care what any of y’all think. Eat shit.

Ragnar for commish.

yes #hirerags

Armada

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

tbf im new here, but if the precedent for an illegal trade is renegotiation, how come this trade isn’t being renegotiated? Who draws the line on what’s too complex and can’t be done?

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]