Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

Graphic Task: Create a graphic highlighting any player in the league. It can be a player with a hot start, slow start, your own player, etc. Display 3 statlines at least, and a render for the player.

[Image: PIznme9.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

PBE Affiliate - User Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

The Frist week into the new season and the play of Liam Slate has been okay. Liam Slate has posted 14 pts in 15 games thus far in his first season with the Edmonton Blizzard. Liam Slate should be the top offensive threat for the Blizzard but that remains to be seen. While Slate is almost a point per game, half of his points come on the powerplay. This means that Slate is feasting on the power play thus far. It seems as though the Blizzard are going to have a mediocre season although the team is fairly young so it makes sense. I do not think Liam Slate will be that good this season. He may get closed to a point per game but it remains to be seen. But after a week of play, Slate has been fairly good so far for the Blizzard although not a star player by any means. Slate will have to continue to produce in order for Edmonton have put up more wins. Slate needs to pick up the even strength play in order to be more effective.

Code:
180 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Cassius Darrow feels good going into this tournament. After making the team, Darrow is settling into his role on a primary shut down pairing with fellow shot block maniac Mathias Seger. Eko Van Otter and Dom Montgomery pulled their names from consideration at the last second due to a tragic mass dumpster fire in the city of Atlanta sent them rushing home to check on their teammates and loved ones, opening up at least one roster spot for the tournament. The defense looks very strong for Team Grizzled Vets.

Their opponents enter the arena overly confident—this team is a glorifed SMJHL All-Star team, and feels like they can take on anyone. They are talented, for sure, but lack the wisdom that comes from years of battling every night to win games. Darrow smiles at SHL teammate, Vaseline Podcalzone, as he scans Team Up-and-Comers. Even right before puck drop, it’s unclear of Mat Smith or Jon St. Ark will get the starting nod in net. Both are skilled goalies, but it’s surprising when the coach sents St. Ark out there. Smith has far more big game experience, and seemed like a more likely choice. Looking across the rest of the roster, up and coming players like Xavier Doom, Jonathan Granstrom, and Darrow’s current d-partner, Kermit Murphy, have made this team. They are quick and skilled. In the end, that doesn’t amount to much.

Team up-and-comers gets an early powerplay off after a Dick Clapper tripped Arsene Leclerc, but cannot capitalize. The top vet PK unit of Andreas Kvalheim, Barry Batsbak, Brennan Kennedy Jr, and Seger sucks the air out of their attack. On the second unit, partway through the penalty, Darrow makes a pass to mid ice, popping Monkey D. Luffy for a breakaway. Luffy cannot beat St. Ark, leaving the score 0-0. Within a minute of the penalty ending, the top unit of Aaron Wilson, Theo Morgan, and Dick Clapper overwhelm the young d, scoring a tic-tac-toe goal. Team Young Guns ties it up early in the 2nd period off a Podcalzone slapper, but a double minor high stick to Kermit Murphy leads to a devastating 5-on-3. The grizzled vets send Wilson and Morgan back out with Corey Kennedy, Michael Scarn, and Julio Tokolosh. The unit scores 2 goals in 73 seconds to take a commanding 3-1 lead.

In the end Team Grizzled Vets gets the victory, 5-2, outshooting team young guns 37-24. Aaron Wilson is named the first star of the game with a goal and 2 assists. Darrow played 17:24, including 1:02 shorthanded. He had a single shot on goal, 2 hits, and 4 blocked shots. The highlight of Darrow’s game was stealing Kermit Murphy’s lunch with a nifty poke check to kill the last 13 seconds off Brennan Kennedy Jr’s 3rd period slashing penalty. On this team, he doesn’t need to be the star; Darrow is happy to play strong defense and make the smart first pass.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Well, a record of 7-6-2 is fair. Mediocre, good but not great, whatever you'd like to call it, it's a better start than I might have expected. It would be nice to play better than 2-4-0 for our home crowd, but 5-2-2 away is a pretty good feeling. For my player, though, this start has been well above what I expected to have to deal with as a rookie. Going 3-5-8 in 15 games on a grinder line is not bad at all, and for a rookie it feels pretty great. Given my deployment and that my scoring is going pretty well for my role, I think I'm going to focus on improving my checking and hitting for the next few updates. A lot of players in this league can score, but Nystrom's game has always been to bring the pain down low. So long as he can do both, there are other players on the team who can handle the playmaking.

[162 words prompt 2]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PROMPT 2

Petr. Is. Angy.

A freak of nature, Petr is fueled by the anger of a nation (10.7 million people to be exact). This anger incenses Petr to play at his best as he channels this anger directly into his body made for hockey. The result this season has been nothing short of spectacular. Petr has taken to his designated role much more readily this year after the growing pains suffered in the last two, already with 10 goals and 17 points in 17 games, a pace for 38.8 goals on the season (last season Petr scored 17). The Knights as a whole have similarly performed well collectively with .735 point percentage, this compared to .538 percentage last year. While Petr may be experiencing individual success, the point production is currently shared quite well with Scott Thorn currently leading and rookies Riggins and McZehrl Jr. in the running for the rookie point race, both currently at 11 points.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Prompt 2

Honestly, the Seattle Argonauts start to the season could be better. A lot better.

Now, believe me, there is a lot to be happy with for Seattle as well. For one, Kriss Darzins is looking like an absolute killer out on the ice. After putting up a career best season, Darzins has refused to release his foot from the gas pedal, as he currently leads the team in points with an impressive 20 in 15 to start out this young campaign, averaging just shy of a goal per game. Our beloved franchise centre Reid Sutherland continues to dazzle as he plays at an over a point per game pace. Rookie Daud Razma is having a quietly good first campaign with the Argonauts.

However, one thing that certainly does need to be addressed sooner rather than later is the lackluster play of Vaseline Podcalzone. The big russian power forward winger has only been able to put up 8 points in 15 games. Sure, it's not a terrible result, but from a player entering his 4th season in the league, you would expect at least a little bit more effort out of Pod.

WC: 192

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Prompt 1:

Aksel Fiske, along with the other Up-and-Comers, faced off against the Grizzled Vets. Their ranks included formidable foes like Tony Pepperoni, Luke Thomason, Mika Mayfield, and Cassius Darrow. I am sad to say it was a bloodbath. Dreams and ambition are truly no match for experience and grit. The game wasn't like what the younger players had experienced in the J's. The vets had been playing with and against each other for years and years. When the young players had to look up and shout calls, the vets could just drop passes and know their teammates would find it. The young players could outskate the vets, but they couldn't out maneuver them. Ankles were iced in between periods.

The final score ended up being 0-9 for the Up-and-Comers, who were disappointed but not downtrodden. This was an important match in the grand scheme of the game, and they'll go into their next matchup with some more tricks up their sleeves.

[159 words]

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

PROMPT1:

Well I got placed on the up and comers’ team. Not sure how I ended up making this team but I got the call and I nearly dropped my phone. When I realized it wasn’t a prank I couldn’t express how honored I was to join this team. But hey I am glad to be here and competing with some of the best in the business. The biggest step for me was to not be a pylon out there. We lined up against the grizzley old vets of the league and was able to line up against some of my current teammates in Rex Kirby and Luke Thomason. What a weird feeling now playing on the same team with a bunch of guys I have only ever played against. Well The game was high intensity from start until finish. The young guns came out blazing but the vets had the early lead. In the end The young guns came out on top with a score of 5-4. It was a hard-fought battle but the youth came out in the end and was able to seal the deal. Nathan didn’t do much but played a sound game with 5 blocked shots and 1 Assist, 0 Giveaways, and 2 takeaways. What a rush the game was!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

The Great Falls Grizzlies came into S62 with expectations to see improvements across the board as a team. Individually for Grogu, it was important to come out and set a good example as a leader of the team on the ice. Coming into his junior prime as a 425 player, and given two other 425 linemates in Janis Lux and Bjorn Viggoson, it was time to show the fans some strong play. The Grizzlies are only a team in their second season of existence, so they are still a work in progress in terms of establishing their identity and approach to the game. They have a lot of young players still growing and developing their builds, so they know that their will be ups and downs on the season. But having these 3 veterans on the top line, the team would need them to produce to get some W's on the board. When the first week of sims was over, Great Falls had an 8-9 record in 17 games, which was not terrible but they definitely want to do better through the middle part of the season. For Grogu, he was honored as the Grizzlies Player of the Week with 7 goals and 10 assists to set a point per game pace for himself early. I know I can do better still, we can do better on the powerplay and I need to clean up the giveaways, unfortunately a few times it has led to costly goals against. But we feel good about where we are and personally I hope to keep being able to live up to expectations and help the Grizzlies along in their quest for the 4 Star Cup!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

WSBL PT
WSBL Username: Seymour

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 02:32 PM by SFresh3.)

Prompt 1:

Jones and Lambert celebrating Nikiforov's OT Goal as Sven Svechnikov of the Up-and-Comers skates off, dejected.
[Image: qJrKnJE.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]