Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

The SHL has changed a lot over the years, or months, since some of you are fresh new babies to the league. Is there anything that has disappeared from the league that you kind of miss? For me, I kind of miss PBPs. They were ass but it was super fun when they were dramatic as fuck. Some of you might miss STHS, or Site LRs, or gorlab or whatever.

Your task: Describe something that went away from the SHL that you wish had stuck around. And yes, you can say your tpe under the new regression rules. But make it 25 words at least.

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, December 12th at 11:59pm CT. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I miss thread recipes, as someone who uses a lot of recipes in real life, i was able to use those recipes and incorporate them into new recipes i was developing. Maybe I need to take charge and start adding in my own recipes to some of these threads. That will help spice things up a bit.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

I miss PbPs. They were one of my favorite things to do on the site, and I had some marathons. I remember a PbP I had in Game 7 of the S35 SMJHL Conference Finals. It went to 3OT. It took like 4 hours. It was amazing.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I've been sitting here racking my brain for the last 30 minutes, but honestly there is nothing I truly miss from the old SHL. Each improvement was a welcome and much needed one I believe. If anything the only thing I miss was my involvement/activity level, but that's on me and nothing the SHL did. Perhaps it'll perk back up on my next player.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I miss being able to chase Anrikkanen's record of 500 career goals under the new regression rules (which do suck very hard thank you for asking)
Right now im good if I hit 250 or something like that

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

With the new regression rule there will be 1 season left of Calvin Hobbes in his prime to look forward to, something I am not looking forward to after spending so long building him up!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

I never thought I would say this but I guess I kind of miss STHS? It still isn't great and pretty broken, and no one really likes only having a couple important stats...but with how it has gotten with fhm meta cheese where you just update the same few attributes anyways I would gladly take STHS' more random results than FHM's brutal adherence to the status quo. After some time the FHM live sims don't do a whole lot for me (maybe if I was in more high stakes playoffs games it would matter more to me?) and it would make the simmer's job a lot easier to go back to the old sim engine.

No PBP's though!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 01:20 PM by NamelessNate.)

I miss @Beaver, I wish he had stuck around more. @Beaver is an amazing person and a mediocre goalie. Beaver pls come back bb I miss you!

Code:
27 words

I haven't really been here long enough to say "back in my day". So I read through the posts so far. I like the idea of thread recipes that Wearingabear mentioned though. I would try some of those, especially from other countries.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

I don't miss STHS as a sim engine, but I do miss the game format that was generated for each game played. It made it easier to look back at the flow of play and the lines present at the time

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

This is difficult because I haven't been around long enough to miss anything because I don't think anything has gone in the last season.  So I guess I'll just say I miss my TPE that will eventually have gone thanks to regression some day in the far-future. Idk

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]

I miss quality TD posts. Now it's all memey. I want to see people really laying into one another; genuine venom frothing from the mouth. Everyone is too nice now.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

FHM is superior in almost every way to STHS so there isn't much I miss from past seasons. The 40-> 99 scale was nice though, it always felt like you were a better player than a 5-20 scale

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

I miss STHS and it's index. I understand the limitations of STHS and understand the move, but I grew to really like the program. I loved having box scores and truly miss being able to check those in FHM. It's very hard to follow your team along if you aren't watching the live streams, which is hard to watch every day anyway.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

I miss mPTs that you could do if you had only been around the site for a few months. There was one only last week - what great days they were. Like - what am I honestly meant to do with this?

[Image: crunksig2.png]