Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I am fairly new too the league and not much has changed besides regression but that has no effects on me I guess I could say I wish there was still rookie tasks for us but that's only so i can earn as much as possible,

Quote:
Citadelles

I guess for me would be the old sim engine Simon. It had huge issues and teams ruined the stats and stuff but god damn were playoffs actually exciting here and not a god damn shit show.

[37 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

something that went away from the SHL that i wish was still around the shl is @Flareon - flareon was one of my very first friends in the league and we did one (1) fun episode of a podcast together and it was a good time but then he left shl and i am sad about it!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I don't think I've been in the league long enough to really say. I mean it's been at least a year but nothing has been removed that has had an earth shattering impact on me yet sooo..... yeah

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

I'm too new to really have something that I'd say I miss. One thing that was kinda neat was back when the SMJHL games were all live simmed, but obviously nowadays it's hard to get in that many live sims, hence the need for quick sims.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

I don't really miss anything from the old SHL, considering I don't follow it as much. What I do miss though is the old Kelowna days, with me, Titan, roamus, trashae, Katth, Naosu, etc in the same LR, livening things up. Now, its just quieter. Not on anyone though, except myself (and Titan/roamus for leaving me).

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

I've been here for 6 months, and I think I'm too new to really give any input on changes because of my short time here. Don't really mind regression either way since I won't be affected by it until like S69

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Well, I've been here three seasons now and not a ton has changed. The update scale was changed the offseason before my first season and these new regression rules, although odd, are something I've never had to deal with. I guess I would say I miss nothing at this point.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[img=0x0]https://imgur.com/KOKeZZJ.png[/img]

I have only been here about 3 seasons so I havent had much time. But if there is something I will miss, its playing for the Raptors down in the SMJHL.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

I understand the appeal of discord but nothing beats the forum locker rooms for me. I had so much fun here when I discovered the league and they were still a thing. It made the concept of teams so much more meaningful and it was really easy to catch up on what was said during the day. Now anyone and their mom is in every team discord and I never have the courage to read back on what was said. It's just not the same.

[Image: engishl.gif]
FranceMonarchsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsFrance

I completely forgot about the Play by Play threads for the finals until it was brought up earlier. Those were pretty enjoyable and I wish they were still a thing.

I'm still pretty new to the site so it's hard for me to say too much of what I miss. I guess I could say I personally miss the excitement and freshness of it all. Not that SHL has changed and I hate it, but when I first discovered the site I was just like HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO COOL OH FUCK I'M WATCHING THE DRAFT LIVE. Like I said, it's still really cool and I love the site and don't plan on retiring anytime soon, but now that I've been here a few seasons it sadly has lost some of that wonder.

[Image: Screenshot_2024-01-31_214614.png?ex=65ce...y=lossless]

I have never experienced PBP but I am really curious about them. It must have been really fun refreshing a thread to see how your team did. It must have been a ton of work and watching stream is pretty fun too.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

I guess you could call me old school, but i for one really do miss the old PBPs. I like the unity it brings to the forums, and it is always great to get some that go above and beyond, adding pics and the like to make it that much more fun.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

old nerds upset about regression they are very smelly and old and i am glad they will be gone haha thats what u get for being old get regressed u nerds my PT baby Bing Bong

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap