Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I haven't been around for long so cant really say what i miss at this moment. So far has been good, but I'm sure ill have a bunch of stuff to complain about for next time!

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]

I do not miss anything yet, since I am still in SMJHL. But from what I heard yes many players are missing lost TPE because of regression

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

The only thing I really miss is the consistent 3pm streams. Loved to be able to watch our games every day on my second screen while working. They say that there are very few that watch the sim live. Well if they're on at 3pm you know I'll be one of those viewers.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Simon. Just kidding, sort of. I'm glad we changed sim engines, but it's hard for me to follow the sim now. Sorry, but just too many things happening at once on a really blurry stream. What I do miss from the Simon days, was being able to read a recap of the Sim. If we could bring that back somehow, that would be great.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

I generally have had a bad opinion about randomness in the playoffs in the ISFL been too heavy. However, in the SHL, playoffs seem to be way too predetermined. AFAIK this wasn't always the case especially in the old sim, so I say that I'd like to see more unpredictability come back to the league.

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

I really miss a well done PbP. They were few and far between, but with how STHS would list every line of action in an easily accessible HTML file, people could really get creative with changing the story but not the outcome!

I too have not been around long enough to really miss anything yet. I do however, miss the time earlier this season when there was still a small chance Regina could make the playoffs. Now I just have to wait until the WJCs to get some more icetime.

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Having not been for more than 2 seasons its very hard for me to say something that I missed. Though having had my thinking hat on i would say that the biggest thing I'm going to miss is draft day for my player. That for me is allways the best and it'll be a long time until I get that chance all over again.

[Image: gill.png]

I'm with Leafs in that I miss STHS a lot. A system where realistically testing had little to no effect, and there was basically no barrier to entry in terms of any cost or equipment needed. And where anybody could be a star a lot more easily. I also really miss chatzy to some degree. While discord is better, more inclusive, chatzy was just fun to use back in the day. It had some incredible moments that I will always hold near and dear to my heart.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

This is interesting. I guess the thing I miss is the variation in media. I feel like there used to be a good mix of interesting articles, and stats and that well has dried up lately? Maybe people have moved towards podcasts for those things more?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Something that went away from the SHL? Maybe the fact that FHM doesn’t allow crazy penalties to happen like my goalie getting kicked from a game for abusing officials as per my signature.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I miss having PTs that do not require you to have been around the league for years. I have limited knowledge on the league and its history, why are you making me research like you are my professor back in university.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

I think the thing I miss most about the old days of the SHL would be the parity, we sacrificed parity when going to FHM so that people could have more unique builds and not be maxed out at 1200 tpe, but I don't think anyone realized how much parity was being changed.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Yeah, STHS is lame but it was also random and chaotic so I found it to be kind of beautiful. Also, who misses Gorlab? We should never be missing Gorlab. There's a reason he's gone. Also, who uses the name Balrog spelled backwards? Does this mean that he only kicks and doesn't punch?

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

I wish they would bring back PBPs, it was the best way to get involved with a game and celebrate as a community. Hopefully we can get some version of that in discord

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]