Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I miss the conception of the league I had back when I joined. That success would come after drafting well, making good moves, maintaining a good LR to be a desirable destination for FAs and such. And then the last 10 % would be FHM skills. But the success formula seems to be 90 % of test simming time and automation skills and 10 % of all the rest. I truly hope this changes.

[Image: sulov.gif]

12-10-2021, 12:50 AMSFresh3 Wrote: I miss the wild days of Updating where anyone could claim as many teams as you wanted.  Now we can only get 2 teams per week, and it limits how many total Updates I am able to hit per season.  I’ll never be able to catch @bk1689 ’s record of 508 updates in Season 52, or @kenvald ’s record of 257 updates on average over his 5 seasons of being an Updater.  (curse you @Zombiewolf)

Wow, I didn't realize I had a record. Thanks for this post. I'll add onto this. I have always felt that updaters should be able to do as many teams as they want after a reasonable amount of time. I liked the old system of letting everyone claim a team, then it was a free for all after a day. I felt it put some onus on the updaters to make sure they were actually doing their job.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

I think something I used to love back in the day was the legacy score thing, that I then brought to the PBE instead. I got the inspiration from the SHL though, great idea!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

the thing that went away from the SHL that I want back is to be a member of QCC. BAP is awesome, but QCC felt like home and I miss mom (evok) and dad (flex) dearly.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

One of my favorite pieces of media was Argar's "Around the Horn" articles. It was basically a transcript of the ESPN show "Around the Horn", but with SHL topics. I remember really enjoying them. I wish they would have stuck around. Could be a lot of fun if we had something like that in the league again. Have separate users write the parts of the different writers on the show. Get some good hot takes in there. Fun stuff.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Reducing the amount of seasons you can be relevant in the SHL which sucks because I was just about to become good! I will miss the old regression system that i didn't even get to experience.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I remember when the Calgary won the cup. In that regard I miss when Calgary kids were the one up top and won the league with Simon

[Image: Off.gif]

i miss the old me. current me is ok. what I really miss is the SHL beefs, but I suspect there are new beefs that I'm just not privy to because I don't know all of the younger/newer personalities. make shl hate again.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I dont really miss too much to be honest. But if I had to pick one thing it would be the box scores from STHS & checking them every day. It was a lot easier to follow along on how your team was doing.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I gotta say, its the lack of thread teams/recipes. I found a couple of cool recipes from following the drama from thread to thread and even made I think one TT.

Right so I have no clue i have not been here long enough at all, sorry, but not actually that sorry, just really have to make up the word count.

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Well first and foremost I miss 701 and Mac, and any others we have lost over the years.

Second I do miss gorlab. For as much as people hated him, I personally loved his personality, though I went inactive before he did whatever he did to get banned, so don't judge me on that.

Also, I miss how active the website used to be. 5 round drafts and what not.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I'm gonna sound like a total nerd here but I miss back in the STHS era when we could click on every game links and see the box score of the game. The anticipation how players on your fantasy team did that game, see how my player did, etc. Now I pretty much click on the league index and be done with it in 10 seconds. Live streams is honestly a great alternative though

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

I miss when we had big shitstorms in the thunderdome. its probably a lot better for the league that those are gone, but man I miss the days when you could hear "did anyone see the new thunderdome?" and you could go and look at a 25 page shitstravaganza

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

I kind of miss the rookie TPE tasks and some of the "i don't know what i'm doing" things on the site. I feel like at the start of my SHL career I was on the site a little more doing things. Now its all in the LR's and on discord which is cool but I just feel a little disconnected from the forums I guess.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]