Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I wish that the old box scores like we had under STHS were available on the index so that it's easier to see how your player does on a game to game basis without relying on screenshots.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I miss a couple of teammates but beyond that, I feel like the league has only really improved. STHS was never my cup of tea and all other changes I can think of were pretty neat.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

The thing I miss most that I wish was back around was a little bit of the randomness that STHS brought to the sim before it was meta'd. FHM is nice for a visual standpoint but the meta in it mixed with how little randomness it does seem to have vs that meta has made the league stale the last few seasons.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

I wish we still used sths and never went to fhm. We'd still have box scores and I could actually come onto the site click on the index and check games and my players stats in that game and even see what line I was on, like I did every day since I joined the league over 7yrs ago, but instead we have fhm and the same 4 teams are in the finals every year and we have no box scores and the player experience has completely changed. Really miss sths for a number of reasons. That said the guys have worked hard to try and make the fhm index better and I appreciate it.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

League Parity that the old sim engine seemed to offer now and again. The new sim has made things so samey for so long, that is hard to feel invested or excited about your season or team when the same results keep being produced season after season with no real change. Some more randomness would be nice.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

I haven't been around long enough for any major changes, so I don't think I'm quite ready to throw on the pink sunglasses and look to the past quite yet.

[Image: Skyphin.gif]

[Image: pxjucze.png]     [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png]     [Image: 3Kip7R0.png]

I miss the drama on this site that involved people legitimately angry at others about. Now days it's just ppl vs HO, which although still entertaining just doesn't hit the same way.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I really miss PbPs. Yea, they were annoying at times, especially in the regular season. But nothing was more special than finally winning my first cup in a game 7 PbP between the Dragons and Steelhawks. The anticipation, the worry, and the hours of stress refreshing the page constantly. There was nothing better in the SHL.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 04:00 PM by hockeyiscool.)

There are a lot of things that I miss and have changed over the years. I would say though from a player experience. Post game show is probably the thing I miss the most. It is something that really got me excited to learn about the working mechanics of the league. Learn each team and make things my own. In retrospect, I feel like doing the post game shows actually increased my overall TPE because there were very few people from my class that did them as they were a lot of work at the time. Who knows maybe regression wouldn't be dicking players if I didn't do everything in the league available...  Rolleyes All I know is that players rarely talked about not having opportunities to do tasks when those were around.

I think overall the thing I miss most about the past was the times in which any team that made the playoffs had a legitimate chance of making a cinderella run. I remember the S49 Edmonton cup run fondly as we were a team mid-retool and we just rattled off series win after series win on our way to an incredibly improbable cup. @tommysalami @sarmo7

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

I was a big fan of the rookie tournament. I realise it was a lot of work and maybe not everyones cup of tea but as a first time user i remember feeling really engaged.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I definitely miss the old GM PT which gave the GMs a random amount of TPE by choosing between 3 numbers. This PT was always the replacement for the Mock PT so GMs back then wouldn't just get the average.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Not gonna lie I miss the thread play by plays. Those had so much drama, creativity, suspense for the way people would write them. Yeah sometimes they were total ass. But they good ones really made the games so much more.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

I miss STHS and that going away has been a huge bummer. I'm not particularly sad about the new sim but it just isn't as exciting with the sim being less random and having less parity.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

I do miss some parts about STHS, being able to be a really good player on a crap team cause reasons was sometimes fun. And i also miss some parts of the STHS index compared to new one like seeing the top rookie scores and so forth, was fun.

[Image: lebbish.gif]