Create Account

S62 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2021, 09:57 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Armada ANCHORAGE ARMADA Armada
V
S
Berserkers NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS Berserkers

The S62 SMJHL finals are upon us, and we will see the Newfoundland Berserkers face off against the Anchorage Armada for the Four-Star Cup. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!

Here's how this will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S62 SMJHL ROOKIES (S63 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S62 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.

You may claim affiliation from an WSBL, ISFL or PBE PT this season!

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  
Requirements:  150+ words.

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. The Newfoundland Berserkers have won the opening two games of this series. How can they turn it around?
C. You're in another timeline where Vancouver and Carolina are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Code:
Task #15 - Podcast, 3-4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S60 season (on or off the ice)
- S60 playoff round-up
- S61 predictions

Can be done solo or with a partner!
Requirements:
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
>>>> Milestones thread can be found here once posted <<<<

Code:
Task #17 - Trivia - Up to 4 TPE
4 TPE (1 for each correct response.)
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
>>>> Trivia form can be found here <<<<

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: Wednesday, December 29th @ 11:59 PM EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Here is my WSBL CW

Three tasks there, and here is my PBE CW where I did one additional task for a total of four:
PBE CW

Quote:Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?
Anyone trying to scout Lias should definitely focus on the intangibles and not the way he played hockey this year. Let’s be honest, his rookie campaign left a lot to be desired. But one thing you can always count on with Lias is that he will always get back up again once he’s been knocked down: he never gives up, and he keeps working. He is very determined to make a name for himself in hockey despite being a little on the smaller side, and feels like he has a lot to prove, so if you draft him, you can be sure you are getting a good locker room guy and a hard worker. Lias has some work to do on his defensive game; he hits hard and he hits often but he has a ways to go with his stick checking and shot blocking, so prospective GMs will likely want to help him focus in those areas. Also, Lias himself asked me to say that he hopes people won’t have any assumptions about where he wants to play based on his connections to former or current SHL players.

Quote:Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

The person in this series with the best name is very clearly SD Core from the Newfoundland Berserkers. The absolute heartlessness of this man’s parents to call him something like this - who would do that to an innocent baby? Do they know SDCore or are they just big fans? Are they all friends? Is he this player’s godfather, perhaps, or was this done out of spite? I need his back story. I need all of the tragic details of this life narrative.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 04:34 PM by BadWolf.)

Task 1 +3 TPE
If I was not playing with the Carolina Kraken, I would probably be playing for the Newfoundland Berserkers. I know a lot more alumni on that team, therefore, I know more people that are in the locker room. I have always been more about the locker room culture and less about the playing time. I am not sure how many people I know on the Ancorage Armada.
The Berserkers Defense looks like this:
Player - TPE - Active
Jannik Nordstern - 652  - Active
Mikko Rashford - 501 - Active
Jay O'Neil - 486 - Active
Merlin Metzler - 376 - Active
SD Core - 323 - Active
Rand al'Thor - 269 - Active
Devin Williams-II - 228 - Active
With Ergo at 267 TPE, I would probably be riding the bench, and that is okay with me. I would not make much, if any, change to the roster. Ergo Nomic definitely would not make a big impact or improve their chances of winning the cup. 

Milestones +3 TPE

Trivia - potatoes - maybe 4 TPE

Total 10 TPE

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 05:25 PM by SabresFan.)

Championship Week

Task #1 - 3 TPE

The Anchorage Armada are the team in greater need of help. They have the inactive sub-200 TPE Leon Doucett playing for them at one center position. Sisyphus would certainly be an upgrade. However, I don’t believe that Sisyphus would make much of an impact on the outcome. Newfoundland is a powerhouse team with the core of their roster loaded with S61 through S63 players. The point of that is this: Not only are the Berserkers the clear favorites to win a Championship this season, they are the favorites in all seasons to come, until cracks in their roster begin to appear. The Armada, on the other hand, have over half their roster filled with inactive players. The Armada also have a roster that will need to turn over soon with so many S59 and S60 players on the roster.

The Berserkers have a great locker room and are a destination of choice. They are dominant. The addition of one very good rookie center, would not change that fact for the Armada.

Task #4 - 2 TPE

The Faces of the Franchises: Emeril Lagasse vs Spack Jarrow

First of all, I love a good player name. Both of these players have that going for them. I give the slight edge to Jarrow, however. That edge comes from the few times that I have come across his signature. It just makes me smile.

Getting to their performance on the ice, more is asked of Sparrow, since he is playing on a weaker team. Jarrow averaged 19:05 of ice time versus 17:48 for Lagasse. They finished with very similar in point production, with Lagasse ending the regular season with a two point edge over Jarrow. Jarrow also coughed up the puck a bit too often for my liking. Jarrow had three more hits than Lagasse. These players are so similar that I refuse to pick a favorite. I’m even willing to bet that Lagasse buys a yacht with his first SHL contract and that Jarrow knows his way around the galley. This one ends in a tie.

Task #7 - 3 TPE

In an alternate universe, the St Louis Scarecrows played the Detroit Falcons in an NCAA tournament style play-in game for the right to enter the SMJHL playoffs as the 12th seed. Based on the match up during the regular season, the Scarecrows would have dominated the Falcons. The Falcons won the first game of the regular season, but the Scarecrows improved after some tactical changes by the coaching staff. In addition, the Scarecrows had more improving players through the course of the season than the Falcons. That led to the Scarecrows coming from behind early in the season to overtake the Falcons in the standings, while dominating the regular season series. I believe that a best of five play-in would have ended with the Scarecrows winning 3-0.

I want to point out however, that the story may be different in S63. Detroit is not losing many good players this coming offseason, while St Louis is losing 4 or 5 of their best players this offseason. The Scarecrows war room has its work cut out this offseason to avoid a fall. They need more than their strong S63 rookie class to do so.

Task #8 - 3 TPE Analysis of your rookie season

I went into my rookie season in the SMJHL with the understanding that I would need to work my way up from the very bottom. In my first season, my greatest focus was on improving my TA/GA ratio. I was able to achieve that goal, seeing the ratio improve from about 0.10 to 0.67. Given the poor performance through the first half of the season, I may have turned the ratio to 1.0 or better over a stretch of games leading to the end of the season.  Point production was secondary to me, but did also begin to lift toward the end of the season. The acceleration was barely detectable, as I finished with only 12 points on the season.

I expected to be more of a playmaker than a scorer and had become about a 4 stars out of 5 passer in the SMJHL by the end of the regular season. Yet I finished with 7 goals and 5 assists. I’m explaining this as the result of a combination of two causes. The first cause would be just random bounces and luck. The second would be that I am considered already to have high bravery. I did want to play a simple style of dishing to better shooters and then driving to the net for rebounds. Maybe that plan is working to some degree.

Task #10 -3 TPE Looking ahead to S63

The Scarecrows begin the offseason knowing that they have already lost some core players. I’m amazed that Marcel Beck is still listed with the team. The Scarecrows have a solid foundation with 5 quality defensemen on the roster, including my S63 classmate, Rolf Kohonen, who should hit the sophomore cap early in the season. Vincent Catalano is also part of the foundation as a quality goaltender. The losses in the offseason have been to the Scarecrows already weak forward corps. Inactive forward Sam Stone is the leader among Scarecrows forwards in TPE, assuming that the S59 class needs to move on. S62 rookie, Sisyphus Embros is left as the top TPE player after Stone, and Embros should catch stone by the SHL draft. This shows just how empty the forward cabinet is for the Scarecrows.

The Scarecrows will need to add a couple of quality players in the SHL draft as task number one. There is further room for improvement if some of the 7 sub-200 TPE players on the roster can be upgraded through free agency. If the Scarecrows fail at both tasks, the Detroit Falcons will overtake them and the Scarecrows will miss the playoffs next season. To the extent that they succeed, the Scarecrows could either manage to tread water in S63, or begin a slow climb up the league standings.

Task #12 - 3 TPE  Draft Scouting Report

In my opinion, the SHL draft comes too early, since the players drafted in S63 should not make the SHL until S66 or even S67.  However, the SHL and SMJHL drafts broadcasts might just be the highlight of every season. The production values have definitely improved in the 5-6 years that I was absent. It’s with that in mind that I’m excited for both drafts. I care less about where I am personally drafted, than to just pop some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the shows. With this introduction to my mindset about the drafts, I’ll get to my scouting report.

In evaluating an SHL prospect, one thing matters far above all else:

Perseverance and Staying Power: In this very important attribute I need to give myself 2 out of 5 stars since I have retired twice in the past before establishing myself as a player who belonged in the SHL. I see hope to break through this time, with younger players being a bit more viable now that we spend greater time in the SMJHL before making the jump to the SHL. Still, I need to grade myself on facts rather than conjecture.

LR Presence: I’m a constant in the locker room. I’m not the leader, but I’m supportive and would be part of the core group in almost any organization.

Career Progression: I see myself growing into additional roles if I make it over the hump of the first three seasons in the SHL. I own FHM and could play test. Ultimately, I could see myself as a Co-GM somewhere in the SHL or SMJHL.

Evaluating the Player on the Ice: I’m building toward being a solid two-way player. This is a work very much in progress, but I believe that I’m on the right track. I believe that player development is about 60 percent on the individual player, and about 40% on the relationship between the individual player and teammates, linemates and the coaches and GM. The 60% comes from my own strong opinions. However, I do listen to advice. I want the team and my line particularly to succeed. A large part of the fun for me is creating a team or a line with complementary skills.

Interesting Fact: Sisyphus Embrose led all SMJHL players in S63 with Short Handed Ice Time with 3:19 minutes per game.

->Milestones +3 TPE<-

Total of 20 TPE with a maximum gain of 16 TPE

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 02:10 PM by thiefofcheese.)

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

There has been a lot of change to the Detroit Falcons team during this off season. I am sure it will come as no surprise to anyone that the Detroit team is not happy with their performance on the ice in season 62. Pulling in only 5 regulation wins can be quite demoralizing but the team has stuck together quite well. Unfortunately Halkohol, the Detroit GM, resigned his post and we have a new GM team in place for season 63 and they are already making moves. G2019, whose player is Scottie McHits, is taking the reigns and has brought in Vaxlare as Co-GM. They have already begun making roster moves to help strengthen our position in the upcoming season and are very active in the Detroit locker room. While I don't think anyone is expecting a cup win by Detroit next season I think we'll see significant steps forward in the standings and we'll try to position Detroit to contend in the coming seasons.

+3 TPE

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Well Detroit didn't even make it to the first round of the playoffs and it looks like the PT team forgot that there are teams that didn't even get a shot!  The whole Detroit team is working toward strengthening up for next season.  There is work for all of us to do all over the ice.  Each team member is working on our conditioning and a 200 foot game to pick up some additional wins this upcoming season.  I'm not going to lie, it sucked to come away from the season with only 5 wins in regulation so we are all very determined to turn that around next season.  We picked up a new GM in the offseason and are looking toward picking up some valuable new rookies in the upcoming draft to further strengthen our team and keep as many players active as possible.  The locker room has been in good spirits through this tough season, but that is tough to hold if we can't increase our wins in S63. 

+3 TPE

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE

Even with Detroit's abysmal performance in Season 62 Ivan Lacksamus, one of the rookie wingers, is looking to impress the GMs from around the SHL.  Though the forward had a dreadful -52 on the season we can't put much of that on him.  The full Detroit team struggled to keep the puck out of their own net.  Lacksamus still managed to get 29 points (10 goals and 19 assists) playing primarily on the second line and has been a top earner in the S63 SHL draft class.  It's always tough for SHL GMs to evaluate the draft class based on performance as these rookies are playing at their worst throughout their first season.  The big thing to look for in these rookies is their ability to earn, tenacity to improve, and their locker room presence.  While Lacksamus isn't as involved around the league as his uncle Ivan Maximus, he's hoping to outlast him through a slower but steadier pace.

+3 TPE

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
B. The Newfoundland Berserkers have won the opening two games of this series. How can they turn it around?
C. You're in another timeline where Vancouver and Carolina are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A: Anchorage's Guy Fieri gonna take this one for me.    Who doesn't love a overly blonde head with spikes, sunglasses backward on their head, and a crazy Hawaiian shirt?  His experience in the culinary field has to lead to great successes on the ice and it's showing in Anchorage.  And then everyone likes to take a trip down to flavortown!

B:  I'm going to assume the question is how can Anchorage turn this around vs Newfoundland wanting to do the same.  After the schlacking that Anchorage took in game 1 they managed to tighten up the defense in game 2.  If they can play a physical defensive game then offensive opportunities will present themselves and will give them a fighting chance at the cup.

C. Vancouver manged to keep it's streak going through the regular season and into the full series against Anchorage in the playoffs.  In reality they only pulled in 2 games, but in this world they managed to close it out and are facing Carolina in the finals.  In this matchup Vancouver should make it home with the cup in 6 games and keeping the great north in possession of the cup.

D. Newfoundland's Emeril Lagasse, Alexander Mackenzie, and Maxwell King held the top 3 in total points across the regular season with a combined total of 186 points and a +65.  With a front line putting up these numbers, it's no surprise that the Berzerkers were able to take the cup home in S62. 

+4 TPE

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

Lacksamus Milestones +3

+3 TPE

Total: +16 TPE

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 12:07 PM by Thelastheraclid.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? 
Requirements:  150+ words.

If I were not a proud member of the Regina Elk, I would probably be playing for the Maine Timber. Off the bat, it is the team closest to my father’s hometown of Boston, Massachusetts. On top of that is the fact that there is already a family tie in the Maine locker room. Miles O’Brien, Charlestown native and Timber winger, is a guy I grew up with. Our families go way back to point of us growing up as brothers more or less. I could jump right into the Timber lineup, replacing a defender like AJ Jones. From there I believe I could play on any of the pairings. My offensive skills are strong enough that I could be valuable on the top pairing with a more defensive minded partner covering me. If not on the top pair, I could anchor the third pairing and be used as a power play specialist. I had 15 goals last season, so I am fairly confident that I would have a big impact on the team. I am not so big of a braggart that I will that Maine would win the cup with me in the lineup but their chances would certainly increase.
(202)

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

[Image: Ud0nhle.png]

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

We truly are blessed to be paid to play the best game in the world as our source of income. Truth be told, even if I was not getting paid, I would probably still just be bumming around rinks looking for spare ice time. Sadly, there are many potential stars that are never able to share their talents because of bullying they receive simply for being who they are. That is why I am partnering with the Trevor Project to raise awareness regarding the difficulties that the LGBTQI+ community faces. The plan for the charity is to travel to local schools and hold assemblies to help educate students on issues that maybe they are not aware of and problems that they are creating because of that. The second part of the charity would be holding a training camp and tournament for LGBTQI+ youth players. The goal is, through this outpouring of support, to show the whole world that hockey is truly for everyone.
(163)

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Left Wing – Spack Jarrow – Jarrow was the only point per game player on the Armada. He was slightly behind in points compared to Newfoundland’s Emeril Lagasse but Jarrow edges his out in defensive play.
Center – Mikhail Novikov – Once again an Armada player who is slightly behind in point production edges out their Newfoundland equivalent because of stronger defensive play. When building a top tier first line you do not want a glass cannon. You want people who can play in all situations.
Right Wing – Jalal ad Din Afinogenov – I swear the plan was not to just pick the top line of the Armada but they seem to have to overall better offensive players. Afinogenov eclipses Newfoundland’s best right winger by 10 points. Kind of a no brainer.
Left Defense – Valdis Vejonis – Speaking of no brainers. Double V was the best defender this season. A truly dangerous threat that is capable of setting up a goal or taking care of business themselves.
Right Defense – Jannik Nordstern - With all of this offensive firepower this line needs that stay-at-home rock kind of defender. Nordstern’s defensive play will allow the others to go all out.
Goalie – Jonas Johansson – It may seem crazy to not choose the league leader in wins but Johansson edges out the competition in goals against and save percentage.
(219)

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

I would say that my first season in the J was successful. I finished sixth overall on the Regina Elk in points as a rookie defender. To add on to that I finished second in the J in defender goal scoring. I hit every goal (pun!) that I set for myself. I wanted to come in and immediately cement myself as one of the premier offensive defenders in the league. For next season I need to work on my defensive game. I will still be offensive minded but rounding out my game will be the key to not only my personal success but that of the Elk as well.  I want to come into next season and be relied on even more. My plus minus leaves a lot to be desired so I would love to bring that up and get on the good side of zero. Hopefully with an improved defensive game and better offensive production I can make a run for some personal hardware.
(166)

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE

My offseason has been one of the longest in the J. Unfortunately, my Regina Elk were one of the two teams that were unable to claim a playoff berth. That means I have been busy this offseason. I have been training in the lead up to the SHL draft. I want to be a high draft pick much like I was in the J draft. My offseason training has the added benefit of getting me ready for the WJC as well. Outside of work, my plan for the offseason is to go back home to Korea and visit my family there. It has been a stressful rookie season. Being far away from home and doing my best to help build a strong organization in Regina has taken a bit of a toll on my mind. Being home will help me reset and prepare for a big year coming up. I do not know where the next season will bring me, but I know it will be a good one.
(169)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Task 3 – 2 TPE

With this season being the Newfoundland Berserkers 10th season in the SMJHL, the Berserkers wanted to do something special for our fans and supporters that have been attending games since day 1. The creative and marketing team decided that this year for fan appreciation the Newfoundland Berserkers would be handing out commemorative Berserker t-shirts done in the colouring of the Lethbridge Lions. On the back of each shirt will have the name “Fan” with the number “01”. Not only that but the Berserkers will also be holding an autograph session involving all of the team’s players following the game. Fans can go down to ice level, get all the autographs and take some pictures with their favourite player. The Berserkers are thankful for their fans and want them to know it

Task 5 – 3 TPE

Buck wants to be the player that coaches and teammates can count on to be there. This want to be counted on extends to the community as well. Buck is driven to be a part of the community and to give back to the city and team that has brought him in. One of the ways Buck does this is by partnering with local food banks and soup kitchens. Each year Buck encourages fans to bring canned food and non-perishable items to a home game to donate to local food banks in the area. Buck promises that he will match each donation made so that there is plenty for each food bank. Buck will also take time out of his week to volunteer at local soup kitchens, helping serve food to those who need it and to build connections with this community to let them know that he can be counted on and will be there to help them.

Task 8 – 3 TPE

Going into this season there were Buck didn’t set any high expectations for himself as he begun this journey in the SMJHL. He wasn’t sure how we’ll he’d fit in and if he’d make an impact. Buck didn’t set high expectations because he didn’t want to feel pressured and be hard on himself if he didn’t meet those expectations. Buck’s year went well as he finished the regular season with 10 goals and 13 assists. Overall, it was not a bad performance for Buck and definitely leaves room for improvement. Next season Buck has the goal to get on the points board earlier in the season. This season Buck didn’t begin showing up on the score sheet until midway through the season. In Buck’s mind that needs to change. Buck wants to be more involved and have more of an impact from the beginning of the season all the way until the end.

Task 9 – 2 TPE

The series that was the best/most thrilling series in the playoffs belongs to the quarter final series between Nevada Battleborn and the Vancouver Whalers. Nevada had won their playoff series against Great Falls 4-0 to get to this point. On paper Vancouver versus Nevada looked like a Vancouver sweep as Vancouver finished number one in the league going into the playoffs and Nevada finished ninth going into the playoffs. Nevada came into this round to prove that they were to not be taken lightlty. Vancouver got out to a 2-0 series lead making us all think it was too late for Nevada. But they battled back winning their next game. Game four went into Vancouver’s favour, but Nevada still battled back keeping elimination away until game six. Not many would have expected Nevada to take Vancouver to game six in the quarter finals of the playoffs.

Task 11 – 3 TPE

To begin the offseason Buck and the Berserkers will begin by spending some time with the Four-Star Cup and partying to celebrate the recent playoff success. Buck begin his summer by enjoying his day with the Four-Star Cup and being able to celebrate with family and friends for the recent accomplishment. After celebrating Buck plans taking some time off to rest and relax after an intense season and an intense playoff run. Buck plans on travelling across Canada visiting friends in several cities along the way. Buck also plans on spending some time in British Columbia hiking and camping in the mountains. After some time off and travelling it’s back to business and training in preparation for the next season. The plan is to stay in shape or get in better shape as the new season approaches. Bucks plan is to stay consistent with his training and to get back into the routine of practice and training each week for the next season.

Task 14 – 3 TPE

The keys to the Berserkers playoff success leading to their Four-Star Cup win over Anchorage was their goaltending, defense and their offensive capabilities. Goaltender Jonas Johansson is one of the primary reasons for the Berserkers success. Jonas posted a 12-1 record with 2 shutouts and a 1.61 goals against average. Jonas was a brick wall throughout all the series that the Berserkers were in and proved why he is one of the best in the league. Throughout the playoffs Berserkers offense came to play. The Berserkers outscored opponents 53 to 21 with Jeff Larson leading the way with 8 goals of his own in the 13 games played. Each player on the Berserkers had at least 3 points throughout the 13 games which speaks to how the team plays and their offensive capabilities. The Berserkers defense also came to play as each player also had at least one blocked shot taking some pressure off of Jonas. Jannik Nordstern lead the team with 21 blocked shots showcasing a truly remarkable defensive effort. All in all it was a total team effort where the goaltending, offense and defense all showed up in their own way to push the Berserkers to win the Four-Star Cup.

Total - 16 TPE

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:06 AM by Dhoop.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

If I was not on The Outlaws, I think The Armada would be a good fit. They have 3 great forwards in Jarrow, Novikov, and Afinogenov. I feel I could add depth on the Wing next to guys like Koivu and Tony. I feel if I was on the Armada I would make a impact early, I know it would take some time to get the ice time up but a goof fit and impact right away. Though the Armada are a solid team now, they have also brought in some rookies like Hardcastle and Dukemarriot II to give some youth. I believe my presence on the team would help their chances. They were so close this year and adding some more active depth can only help. The Armada are being managed really well and adding Lesgo would only be another mark on a long list of great moves for ANC.

Task #3 - 2 TPE

This was an easy choice. The team would be handing out commemorating special edition Sconnie McHits Bobble heads. In memory of the lost Forward (always in our prayers). This will be a silhouette of Sconnie with a black eye, hands raised, and missing teeth. Sconnie was a great line 1 playmaker and was never scared loosing some teeth in the process to feed Creller. We will be having this give away on our first game against DET in the new season. We will have a moment of silence before puck drop in remembrance of our lost loved one.

Task #4 - 2 TPE

Can the league get any more exciting than Miles O'Brian versus Sconnie McHits in the first round? These two are mimics of each other in their style of play. Both these players make great playmakers and a physical presence on their line. They both have great sense in the offensive zone. While O'Brian finished the year with 188 shots on goal with a 10.1%, Sconnie had 147 shots at a 16.3%. This match up will be all about who can get open and provide the most potential to score for their other line mates. We look to see both of these players in the WJC this year.

Task #5 - 3 TPE

There is no lack of drive when it comes to Lesgo Brandon and his work with charity. Each year Lesgo hosts an event for all military veterans and their families. He is greatly dedicated to helping veterans (being a veteran himself). The Lesgo Honor Them foundation is built to help veterans who need anything from basic housing or the families of soldiers overseas financially. Lesgo hosts a 1 night a year skate with the team fundraiser, where everyone is invited down to the rink to skate with the team. All proceeds go to the TLHT foundation to help veterans and families in need. With each ticket to skate, you earn a signed autograph rookie card from Lesgo and a personal photo with Lesgo on the ice. This foundation has been a huge part of Lesgo's legacy in his rise to stardom showing how much it means to take your success and help those less fortunate.

Task #6 - 3 TPE

My dream team from he Four Star Cup would be as follows:

Jalal ad Din Afinogenov - Being a top goal scorer this year would be a huge spot as the sniper for this trio or forwards. He finished with 35 goals at a huge 17.77% shooting.
Emeril Lagasse - Here is another big piece to this scoring trio. Emeril finished in the top 10 in goals and would be a big help on the other side of Jalal. Emeril had 14% shooting but added 97 hits and 37 assists what would help round out scoring and some physical play.
Spack Jarrow - Who else to dish these two snipers the puck? Spack is serving up assists at an alarming rate. He had 44 assists to be in the top 10 and help Afinogenov on a lot of his goals. these two have great chemistry and are a big reason I have them in my dream team.

Jay O'Neil - With such high scoring forwards you need the D man who can hold the line and keep it out of the D zone. O'Neil was tops in +/- and can be link to a lot of NF's success in goal differential. He would really help this dream team succeed.
Mikko Rashford - Mikko is perfect to round out the skaters. He brings a lot of offense to the defense side of the blue line. He has a cannon from the line and does well to see he ice and make passes to lead to goals.

Dominik Tretyak - The man himself! Tretyak is wall we need on this dream team. Finishing with the most wins, top 5 goals against average, and top 10 in total saves. Tretyak will supply the best chance for this dream team to win games.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

This year Lesgo had a pretty average statistically, and a very good year when it comes to team impact. The front office for ANA made huge steps this year to improve. I feel Lesgo came in and played up to the 2nd overall hype. Though statistically, it doesn't show in points but coming in on a rebuilding ANA team with one of the lowest average TPE for a team it was a good year. Lesgo made one of the 3 captains as a rookie this year voted on by the team. Next year Lesgo will start the season already at the cap. So it will be a good looking sophomore campaign for sure. There are still some tweaks to be made to the 350 cap build and movement on lines and arrangement for next year so there is always room for improvement. I would like Lesgo to start taking on a more active role next year possible picking up a open position.

Task #17 - 1-4 TPE

popcorn

Total: 17-20 (max 16)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Task 5

Rolf Korhonen, before he became a professional hockey player, was known to be a hard-working farmer. Due to this, he decides that it was a great idea to volunteer at a local farmers market that was opening up for charity towards a local hospital. He grabbed a lot of fruit and other foods from his farm back home and set up a stand for people to meet him and buy his products with a promise of a free picture with him. He could also give out autographs to those people if they buy enough stuff from his and other farmers stands. He also helped a lot of people set up thier stands and keep the food fresh.

All in all, the event was a huge success with Rolfs help, raising over 250,000$ foe the hospital. This shattered the record for the previous drive, which only earned about 50,000$. Rolf was all to happy to help as well, saying that a lot of farmers must stick together to remain independent.

4 UW tasks for 3 TPE each

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2021, 12:36 PM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

Task #3:
"Commemorative hams?! You must be kidding, nobody would wear commemorative ham hats on their head during an SMJHL game! They're unruly, wide, incredibly ugly and all around... the perfect hockey merchandise!" The board meeting was a wild one to be sure, but leaving Rand al'Thor in charge of product integration and creation was sure to lead to some incredibly wild ideas and hat hams was the selection. They were cartoony, looking way too good to be real, incredibly oversized, sure to block the view of the person behind you and just a good time! They also were a kind shoutout to the greatest SMJHL GM of all time, Nhamlet.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

Rand al'Thor gives aid to thousands of underemployed or unemployed Canadians. He's recently come out by opening Randall Thor misnamed re-appropriation corporation for items that have misspelled names on them or names that need altering to fit your needs! When asked for comment he simply said: "There was a huge hole in the market, and I was born to fill this vacuum, among others. I look forward to helping people whose names are not as frequently seen celebrate their uniqueness." When asked where this idea came from, he pointed to the draft stream where he was dubbed Randall Thor, a bit of a tongue in cheek comment that is funny and also helping people. So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, people of all genders, ages, sizes and hair colours, be sure to come check out the Randall Thor Misnamed Re-Appropriation Corporation or RTMRC for short as soon as humanly possible for all your renaming needs!

Task #6 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

Now, my dream team may not be the best players, or even have members from both sides of the finals. You see, I had the extreme pleasure of being on the Newfoundland Berserkers this season, and experiencing this amazing locker room full of amazing people from top to bottom, it truly has been my dream team. So, in short, my dream team is the Berserkers, minus Vic, however we'll list the required positions shortly. The three starting forwards are Emeril Lagasse, a fantastic goal scorer and all around great person. Buck Kiethley, a stand out rookie picked well beneath his exceptional season he had and his immense TPE growth and Tommy Tightpants, the philosopher of the group and all around solid chap. At defense, we have future MVP, record setter, multiple challenge cup winner and soon to be 43rd overall pick in the SHL entry draft, Rand al'Thor, and Mikko Rashford, the man who taught me absolutely nothing because I did it all better than him. In goal is Jonas Johansson because, he's the GOAT.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

I'm going to just come out of the gate and say it, Rand al'Thor is the rookie of the year. People acknowledging Vic's 37 point season or Chris McZehrl the 11 millionth, are rightfully giving credit for a solid year. But 3 points between a forward and a defenseman, not to mention 10 points in his last 5 games is monstrous. The 5th overall pick, Rand al'Thor dominated and met expectations placed upon him by GM Nhamlet at the start of the year and showed he is here to stay. He deserves his dues and hopefully the award voting committee actually sees it. However, he further needs to focus on hitting the damn net and improving his defensive zone work, from a good active stick to help provide an even stronger team presence to helping the Berserkers repeat. He also needs to keep continuing to showcase strong leadership skills in his bid for assistant captain as well as helping inspire teammates to progress forward!

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Tommy Tightpants is the best name of the series, absolutely hilarious. I also wore pants that were much too tight when I played hockey so I can commiserate with him. Truly an underrated struggle that is swept under the rug by mainstream media. An absolute legend, Tommy Tightpants is a fantastic legend of a name.
They can't, simply put. One does not simply walk in Newfoundland and figure out how to stop the unbeatable machine. Gods of Corsi themselves, with a legend in net and just a top to bottom amazing roster. The Berserkers are the unstoppable force and it should stay that way forever.
If I had to guess, murder probably. I don't see how Carolina beats Newfoundland without it. Maybe the plague or being forced to forfeit the match up. Or perhaps even a mob threat forces them to tank the series to save their families and the entire country. Outside of that, I see no tangible way Carolina could have won.
I've said it since day one, the difference in Newfoundland's mid tier finish last season and this one is rookie sensation Rand al'Thor. There was a 500 word article written on the subject detailing how ~~not vic~~ he helped push them over the edge and turned them into a true contender by adding another threat on the powerplay and physicality from the back end.

Code:

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
Sam Azjha exceeded expectations for this season, he thought he would do relatively badly compared to the other rookies on the team, Evert Jansson, Bubba Tree, and Ivan Lacksamus, But he held his own, scoring 4 goals and 8 assists to add up to 12 points in 66 games, he also had 64 shots, a 6.25 shooting%, 64 hits and 43 blocked shots, while he even made the British isles WJC team, netting 2 goals in his first 2 games, Sam exceeded expectations this season, but needs to work on defensive play and shooting, some goals he has for next season are to score 20 points, have 50 hits, 80 shots on net, a shooting% greater than 5.00%, to block at least 70 shots, get up to 300 TPE, and get at least 5 goals and 15 assists, another goal for Sam is to Help Detroit at least make the playoffs

Code:

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Requirements:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...apture.PNG

Code:

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...nknown.png
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 03:35 PM by Sergeantens.)

Task 2 - 3TPE

[Image: unknown.png?width=494&height=675]

Task 3 - 2TPE

Have you ever wanted to smell Detroit Falcons even at home? Well this is your lucky day! We are giving away pieces of the stinky carpet in the locker room to the first 100 people who show up! Finally you can get that locker room feel wherever you want to! In your car? Your cubicle? Your bedroom? Doesnt matter! You can take that piece of carpet with you everywhere you go!

* The Detroit falcons are not responsible for any diseases originating from the carpet neither are we responsible for how people will see down on you due to your constant smell of fungi after having contact with the carpet.

Task 5 - 3TPE

[Image: Namnlos.jpg?width=1202&height=676]

TASK 6 - 3TPE

[Image: SMJHL_Dream_team.png?width=507&height=676]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 04:16 PM by vic03.)

Task 2: ZerkNetwork - Rand Al’Thor
[Image: 1F0E1250-EA58-4917-8852-60893456AFE2.jpg]

Task 3: Zerk S62 Champions Hat

[Image: E014757D-B2E7-4AEE-A8F2-71ACD92B952B.jpg]

Task 5: Denisova’s Pussy Palace (went a bit off script with this, but still charity stuff so hope it counts)
[Image: 98DFB5D3-99E6-43B2-B0ED-E90087F3E0D8.jpg]

Task 6: Finals Dream Team
[Image: 14B6F1E7-94D4-47D6-9B6A-0C3857EC792C.jpg]

Task 11: 
After a long grueling season, Denisova is finally able to relax. Being the sexiest rookie (arguably the sexiest player in the whole of the SMJHL) takes a toll over the body. As well as being the best rookie on the ice, but that’s less important than being sexier, anyways… 
As a champion in his first season, Denisova will be partying for a good week before he finally gets his long awaited rest. And that rest will consists of a lot of sleep, and video games (coz he’s a fucking nerd). Most of Denisova’s off time however will be tending his cat rescue shelter, Denisova’s Pussy Palace. Since moving to Newfoundland, it has been his main priority besides the ice. Denisova will be spending more time with the cats than before, making sure they find suitable houses, and if they don’t, making the shelter as nice as possible for them. He is also looking to expand his brand, looking for new locations to open and help.

Task 16: Milestones 

Task 17: Did Trivia, Verification word: Smokey

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

Task #0 - 12 TPE - Affiliate PBE CW

Task #1 - 3 TPE – 150+ Words

Oh this one is an easy one as it was my second place choice when I was choosing which team to sign with in the J. The Newfoundland Berserkers! I do not even really care how Dave would fit into their scheme as he barely played for Nevada this season and I still only really understand goals and assists as stats that matter for him. That said Dave is decent, but not really good enough I would say to be an impact maker for the team.

Would just choose them because they have people I love on the team like Bauer. Although I confess getting to go to another big series would be fun as I am currently 0-4 in them in forum leagues. Would love to get a ring one day, but at the end of the day I care more about getting a ring with the right people than I do about getting a ring period.

Okay so I actually just looked at their roster and that would be terrible for me in terms of stats as Dave would be like their fifth highest TPE center, but I guess he would see some playtime courtesy of how stamina seems to work in the sim. Overall though he would be a drop in the bucket I think in terms of sim value, and I would just be a friendly face to throw in the locker room.

Code:
Word Count: 245

Task #8 - 3 TPE – 150+ Words

Agent Tesla: Alright Dave my boy we have just finished out our first season and it ended with helping Nevada to their first playoff win in franchise history if what I have read is right. Tell me how do you think you performed?

Dave: Admirably for someone who sold their soul for a Stanley Cup in another universe, was sent to hell, and then dragged into a new universe without their real body. Think I have adapted quite well to get as many assists as I did. Helps that the team already has some strange folk on it.

Agent Tesla: Excellent! Did you meet your expectations you set for yourself?

Dave: My only goal was to not get sent back to hell, and thankfully I cleared whatever bar you had for me there.

Agent Tesla: You were able to get an assist and that was all I wanted. Now what do you hope to improve on going into next season?

Dave: Everything. Honestly the area I most want to improve though is my scoring skills as I want to be better able to make the shot when I get the opportunity. If I can do that I think I can draw more defensive attention which means more assists. Which correlate to better treatment from my sadist of-

Agent Tesla: That will have to be all for today. Thank you for joining us and we will see you again next time!

Code:
Word Count: 240
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 10:56 PM by TacocaT 2.)

idk how much TPE this is worth but here

PBE CW

SMJHL Milestones