Create Account

Lesgo Brandon's Rookie Review Presser

01-02-2022, 05:31 PMgurbs Wrote: If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you irl?
 Me? 33

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

ThatEscalatedQuickly.gif

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Questions for your presser:

If you don’t want to talk politics why make your player a divisive political meme?

Why can’t you just be brave enough to say Fuck Biden since everyone knows what the “joke” is?

What was it like to peak in high school?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Uh... mate, you might want a less political name.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I actually have a question:

What’s your opinion on MTG getting banned from Twitter?

My FBI friend wants to know where you were on Jan 6th, 2020. Can you confirm?

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

01-02-2022, 05:37 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Questions for your presser:

If you don’t want to talk politics why make your player a divisive political meme?
not OP but the way I see it, those people who see politics as something they can just "opt out of" are the ones who aren't going to be hurt by it. They don't have to worry about division since they're not going to have government people debating their existence/rights.

It's a privileged take to be apolitical. Like, just don't be edgy for the sake of it.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

01-02-2022, 05:42 PMboom Wrote:

not OP but the way I see it, those people who see politics as something they can just "opt out of" are the ones who aren't going to be hurt by it. They don't have to worry about division since they're not going to have government people debating their existence/rights.

It's a privileged take to be apolitical. Like, just don't be edgy for the sake of it.

Agreed. Not being political is a privilege to those to whom politics isn't a threat.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

This thread is lit tho minus the asshole

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-02-2022, 05:42 PMboom Wrote:

Yes. So much this.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Is this when I post a recipe? Or do we want a thread team?

[Image: gurbs.gif]

01-02-2022, 05:43 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
01-02-2022, 05:42 PMboom Wrote: not OP but the way I see it, those people who see politics as something they can just "opt out of" are the ones who aren't going to be hurt by it. They don't have to worry about division since they're not going to have government people debating their existence/rights.

Agreed. Not being political is a privilege to those to whom politics isn't a threat.

I do wonder who isn't affected by politics though. Speaking as someone who's in a rather comfy position if you ignore the fuckloads of folks supporting a guy who tried to install a dictatorship a couple of months ago, I can only imagine the gentleman there lives in Tuvalu.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Lol I never put the connection of the name together. How did you expect to make a politics name and then tell people it's a sim hockey forum not a politics forum when asked about it . Thought you were better then that.

In defense of @Dhoop , during our time together in Anaheim, I never once received the slightest indication of his political preferences, to the point where I thought the name itself was possibly meant to be ironic. I have not witnessed him talking about politics, or being anything but a welcoming and accepting presence in the Anaheim locker room. I feel that a name change is likely in order, but, based on my interactions with him, I think Dhoop is a good person, even if I don't agree with him politically (and far from it).

TLDR;: He's not a dick, but should change his player name.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

01-02-2022, 05:57 PMG2019 Wrote: In defense of @Dhoop , during our time together in Anaheim, I never once received the slightest indication of his political preferences, to the point where I thought the name itself was possibly meant to be ironic. I have not witnessed him talking about politics, or being anything but a welcoming and accepting presence in the Anaheim locker room. I feel that a name change is likely in order, but, based on my interactions with him, I think Dhoop is a good person, even if I don't agree with him politically (and far from it).

TLDR;: He's not a dick, but should change his player name.

He was asked if he wanted to... He said no.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]