Create Account

WHY NEW REGRESSION SCALE SYSTEM IS ACTUALLY BAD

Can we all please remember that not everything revolves around you, and the top earners in general? Catering the league to top earners only would fucking suck balls. Everyone matters in this league, not just the people who are the most active.

Another thing I’m confused about in your writing st4r is you mentioned how someone with 800 TPE would be “winning” over someone who was 1700 TPE just because they lose less in the recession process. That just simply isn’t true. What’s happening is that while yes, there is more TPE lost for the 1700, they not only will still have way more TPE at the start of regression, they will most likely earn way more than the 800 TPE player.

I am curious about something such as the real regression a player is given. What I mean by that is their Regression as well as the TPE they earn back from that regression. If you consider that, the 1700 player will actually have a lesser percentage of regression than the 800 because they earn it back.

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 12:15 PM by PremierBromanov.)

You can talk about percentage based regression being more devastating to the elite players versus more middle players, but if you dont take into account the TPE scale you'll be wildly off target.

This is an exercise we can do together in the build tool. Make a winger with all 17s, except shot blocking, shooting range are 12, bravery is 15, and faceoffs, fighting, and aggression are 5. You've got 1704 TPE. Check it out

If you have to regress say 15% of that you're down to 1448. Now, go ahead and regress that build.

Now lets look at "top earner mcgee" with 2064 TPE. The only difference in this build is he has 4 19s in addition to the 17s build. Lets call him an offensive player with no imagination. 19 Passing, Puckhandling, shooting, and offensive read. Here's the build.

Now lets regress 15%. down to 1754. Well by golly, we can basically regress back down to all 17s with a single 18 to boot! You're still ahead of where that other player was only now that you're both regressing, they have to completely tank their build, dropping a bunch of stats by one or two, or one stat by a lot. Big holes emerge in the lower TPE player's build over night, meanwhile the top earner is still a very effective player with lots of room for creativity. AND, assuming the earning rate does not change, that top earner can play much much longer.

Lets look at a final example. "The Fuckinator". This lass earned 2284 TPE, what a fuckin rock star. 17s all around, but 20s in Passing, Puckhandling, Shooting, and Offensive read. Build.. Now lets regress her. 2284 down to 1941. She drop all of her 20s down to 18, except one is 19 and she's halfway to another 19. Or she can drop 2 to 17 and keep a 20 and a 19. Or more realistically, she doesn't have a bunch of her stats at 17 and can drop any number of her muliple 20s or 19s. She still comes out way ahead of the 1448 guy.

Remember every point in FHM is exactly the same distance away from any other point. Its a linear scale from 5 to 20. 20 is as much better than 19 as 19 is better than 18. (this changes when you go beyond 20, let us go beyond 20!).

So, would you rather get worse in up to 9 areas as a bottom earner or get worse in only a few areas at the top? Remember, the scale is smaller at the bottom, so the less TPE you have to start with, the lower those stats are going to have to go to make up for the lost TPE.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

@Mazatt

“ There are literally players like Tony Pepperoni and Luke Thomason who are going to be hitting 38-39 years old in a season-year scale. Guys like Ovi (literally Tony Pepperoni) are going to continue existing because the active people who are max-earning can fight regression out of this one anomalous year.”

Damn, I’m not a comparable to anyone. I must be bad xD

But yeah, I mean the SHL wants to try to mimic the NHL, in terms of parity and stuff. But you also don’t have McDavid coming into the league once they got drafted. Because everyone starts from the same 155 TPE. Everyone régressés at the same rate from their class. You can’t have seperate regression tiers because that’s dumb. You earn tpe so you have a longer career and a better career. For 99% of NHL players they peak for 5ish seasons, then they have decent seasons after that.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

most of these points dont make any sense

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

when i had a 2400 tpe player that 1st year 10% regression instantly made me the worst player on the team and i got cut and had to sit in FA for weeks until a team was kind enough to sign me, now with these new regression rules im not sure if any team would want to take a flyer on a player like that anymore. sad to see the SHL i've loved for so long be unbolted screw by screw by people who think they're fixing everything.

01-10-2022, 12:49 PMluke Wrote: @Mazatt

“ There are literally players like Tony Pepperoni and Luke Thomason who are going to be hitting 38-39 years old in a season-year scale. Guys like Ovi (literally Tony Pepperoni) are going to continue existing because the active people who are max-earning can fight regression out of this one anomalous year.”

But yeah, I mean the SHL wants to try to mimic the NHL, in terms of parity and stuff. But you also don’t have McDavid coming into the league once they got drafted. Because everyone starts from the same 155 TPE. Everyone régressés at the same rate from their class. You can’t have seperate regression tiers because that’s dumb. You earn tpe so you have a longer career and a better career. For 99% of NHL players they peak for 5ish seasons, then they have decent seasons after that.

yeah i think nobody coming in as good as mcdavid is a real problem with this league tbh, i volunteer to test it out and see how it would work.

01-10-2022, 12:49 PMluke Wrote: @Mazatt

Your opinion is the only opinion I like here this far. Actually, thank you.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

01-10-2022, 02:30 PMefiug Wrote: when i had a 2400 tpe player that 1st year 10% regression instantly made me the worst player on the team and i got cut and had to sit in FA for weeks until a team was kind enough to sign me, now with these new regression rules im not sure if any team would want to take a flyer on a player like that anymore. sad to see the SHL i've loved for so long be unbolted screw by screw by people who think they're fixing everything.

Nothing against you as I have no idea your history with the site, but if a 2160 TPE player sat on FA for weeks I'm not sure regression was the problem

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

all my homies hate regression

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

01-10-2022, 06:18 PMbbjygm Wrote:
01-10-2022, 02:30 PMefiug Wrote: when i had a 2400 tpe player that 1st year 10% regression instantly made me the worst player on the team and i got cut and had to sit in FA for weeks until a team was kind enough to sign me, now with these new regression rules im not sure if any team would want to take a flyer on a player like that anymore. sad to see the SHL i've loved for so long be unbolted screw by screw by people who think they're fixing everything.

Nothing against you as I have no idea your history with the site, but if a 2160 TPE player sat on FA for weeks I'm not sure regression was the problem

Oh no the bamboozle

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

01-10-2022, 06:42 PMsve7en Wrote:
01-10-2022, 06:18 PMbbjygm Wrote: Nothing against you as I have no idea your history with the site, but if a 2160 TPE player sat on FA for weeks I'm not sure regression was the problem

Oh no the bamboozle

my boozle has been bammed

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

imo Aumy should be spared from regression indefinitely

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 08:26 PM by Wearingabear.)

All of this talk of Ovechkin and KHL made me want some borscht. So here's a recipe for it all. This is straight from Ovechkin's mom's recipe book

Ingredients
For the stock
3 litres/3 quarts cold water
600g/1 ½ lbs pork ribs or beef attached to a bone
½ onion
1 carrot
2 celery sticks
2 bay leaves
5 peppercorns
1 tsp salt
For the borscht
2 medium beets peeled and grated
3 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
2 medium carrots grated
1 (½cup) medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 bay leaf
3 tbsp tomato puree/paste
½ small white cabbage cored and sliced
1 lemon juice only or 1 tsp of white vinegar
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Instructions
For the stock
In a large stock pot combine water, pork ribs cut into smaller chunks to fit the pot, quartered half onion, celery sticks and carrot cut in half, bay leaves and peppercorns and a pinch of salt.
Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer for 1 hour to 1.5 hours until the meat is nearly falling off the bones. Remove the scum that floats to the top with a slotted spoon several times through the process. During this time, use this opportunity to post on the internet that you're looking for some fun, enjoy that time wisely
When the stock is done, let it cool slightly, then remove the ribs to a separate plate and strain the stock by pouring it over a sieve. Discard the vegetables.
When the meat is cool enough to handle, take it off the bones and shred with two forks or by hand. Set aside until needed. Discard the bones. The stock could be made be in advance and frozen until needed.
For the borscht
Prepare all the vegetables by peeling and grating the beets and carrots separately, chopping the onions, peeling and cutting the potatoes and slicing the cabbage. Have all vegetables ready before starting on the soup.
Add the stock to the large soup pot, then add shredded meat, grated beets, cut into medium chunks potatoes, tomato puree, a pinch of salt and one bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer.
Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan, then add the grated carrots and chopped onions and saute over low heat for 7-10 minutes until caramelised, then add minced garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
When the onions and carrots are done, add them to the soup pot together with sliced cabbage and cook for 15 minutes or until the cabbage leaves are tender but not mushy. Then add the juice of one lemon or 1 tsp of white vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve borscht with a dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche and sprinkled with fresh dill or parsley

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 08:27 PM by Wearingabear.)

No

render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Armada  Forge  Finland

No

Armada  Forge  Finland