Create Account

Petition to move Fantasy Drafts to Discord

01-11-2022, 10:09 AMSburbine Wrote:
01-11-2022, 10:00 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: What if people doesnt want to use discord? Will they be excluded from fantasy?
The vast majority of league activity is already on discord, I doubt the change would effect that many people negatively. I'm sure there are a few people but I've never seen anyone who is just here to look at forum posts and watch sims while hating the discord side of the league.

while we communicate daily on discord, there's a reason we still have a website and it's not necessarily to cater to people who dont want to use discord. They server two entirely different functions, one of those being an easily traversable record of data (most of that communication). the website is sorted and stored and easily accessible at any time. Discord isn't really made for that, for the same reason that you can use Slack at work for communication but not for long term storage or logic.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-11-2022, 12:08 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
01-11-2022, 10:09 AMSburbine Wrote: The vast majority of league activity is already on discord, I doubt the change would effect that many people negatively. I'm sure there are a few people but I've never seen anyone who is just here to look at forum posts and watch sims while hating the discord side of the league.

while we communicate daily on discord, there's a reason we still have a website and it's not necessarily to cater to people who dont want to use discord. They server two entirely different functions, one of those being an easily traversable record of data (most of that communication). the website is sorted and stored and easily accessible at any time. Discord isn't really made for that, for the same reason that you can use Slack at work for communication but not for long term storage or logic.
The official picks would still have to be put on the forum by the group manager. I do agree with Lev though, at the very least we need to make using discord for fantasy more accessable. A lot of people's forum names are nowhere close to their discord names and can be hard to find, I have this issue a lot when I'm updating and need to contact someone with issues with their player.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

01-11-2022, 12:02 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
01-11-2022, 12:01 PMleviadan Wrote: Would a (relatively) simple fix to this be allowing people to include their Discord name in their fantasy signup? And then fantasy managers include the discord names provided in their group posts? That way if you end up in a group where everyone has shared their Discord name, you can start the chat and do it off site, posting at the end.

^
And if it isnt included one could just ask.
We already ask users to make picks and they don't, you expect them to respond when we reach out for their discord name?

And you expect group managers to include discord names when they barely do their jobs at all to begin with?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Right now no one has picked in my group for 25 hours, forum pings/dms aren't enough to move most groups along. There is so much time between picks that people forget to check if it's their turn and get skipped.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

01-11-2022, 12:15 PMSburbine Wrote:
01-11-2022, 12:08 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: while we communicate daily on discord, there's a reason we still have a website and it's not necessarily to cater to people who dont want to use discord. They server two entirely different functions, one of those being an easily traversable record of data (most of that communication). the website is sorted and stored and easily accessible at any time. Discord isn't really made for that, for the same reason that you can use Slack at work for communication but not for long term storage or logic.
The official picks would still have to be put on the forum by the group manager. I do agree with Lev though, at the very least we need to make using discord for fantasy more accessable. A lot of people's forum names are nowhere close to their discord names and can be hard to find, I have this issue a lot when I'm updating and need to contact someone with issues with their player.

its also a little difficult to message people if you dont share a server or cant find them in a server you're in. Lot of folks have like 4 names

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-11-2022, 12:56 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
01-11-2022, 12:15 PMSburbine Wrote: The official picks would still have to be put on the forum by the group manager. I do agree with Lev though, at the very least we need to make using discord for fantasy more accessable. A lot of people's forum names are nowhere close to their discord names and can be hard to find, I have this issue a lot when I'm updating and need to contact someone with issues with their player.

its also a little difficult to message people if you dont share a server or cant find them in a server you're in. Lot of folks have like 4 names
If there's official discord channels for fantasy, then you wouldn't have to find people. You'd already be placed in the group. It would be extremely easy to tag them.

Let's throw some more wrenches into the mix. We currently don't allow custom groups like other leagues do due the possibility of people rigging it for TPE gains. So what if we just get rid of the TPE earnings and increase the money earnings? Then people can form their own groups and draft however they see fit. Plus you'd still have general sign up for those who don't want to make their own group.

I currently do Fantasy in 4 different sim leagues (here, ISFL, PBE, and WSBL). This is the only league where doing it on Discord isn't either required or at least encouraged.
Drafting here takes by far the longest and is most frustrating because our system is archaic. I say that as both a user and manager.
Half the users in my groups either don't have their discord names posted, or I can't locate them. So telling us to 'get our group on Discord' is a fool's errand.

If you want to give us the option to form our own groups, conduct our own draft, and just post the results to the forum (like PBE or WSBL) you'd probably find most of the users would be for that. The remaining dinosaurs can take 2 weeks to draft their teams on the forums I guess.

Frankly, the old guard in this league that's so resistant to change, suggestions, and/or improvement is about the worst part.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Would LOVE fantasy on discord but reticent to have yet another discord. Would be fantastic to loop it into the general and create channels/sections for each group (or just the groups who want discord). Really hoping something like this could be implemented for next season.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

01-11-2022, 12:17 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
01-11-2022, 12:02 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: ^
And if it isnt included one could just ask.
We already ask users to make picks and they don't, you expect them to respond when we reach out for their discord name?

And you expect group managers to include discord names when they barely do their jobs at all to begin with?

Include it in the sign-up and tell dimbi @Hallsy to include it in the OP

01-11-2022, 02:28 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
01-11-2022, 12:17 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: We already ask users to make picks and they don't, you expect them to respond when we reach out for their discord name?

Include it in the sign-up and tell dimbi @Hallsy to include it in the OP
Good luck with that.

Can someone look up how many groups per season that isnt finished before the regular season?

01-11-2022, 02:30 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Can someone look up how many groups per season that isnt finished before the regular season?
The complaint is the draft taking literal weeks, not that the draft isn't finishing in time.

What’s discord?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 02:51 PM by Opera_Phantom.)

01-11-2022, 01:11 PMZootTX Wrote: Frankly, the old guard in this league that's so resistant to change, suggestions, and/or improvement is about the worst part.

Jfc this is so true here. Every single fucking change here, that works very well in a bunch of other leagues is met with the same people offering excuses to keep things the same way.

I'm all for having different sign ups for Fantasy, one for people to do it on discord, and the other for people who want to keep it in the forums. This way no groups are "arranged" as Hall would do the groups anyway.