Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 12:14 PM by sve7en.)

It was a cold, but relaxing offseason morning at Torino Golf, Jimmy Wagner and his wife Kate had just attended the wedding of their friends Jean-Uthred and Gunnar the night before and were enjoying a breakfast at one of the affiliated cafes with Ruggs McOoooh and Elizabeth Doyle. The three SHL players were sharing tea about their SHL comrades, much to Kate's delight. She loved the gossip and had picked up a tabloid in her home language somewhere in the trip and was flipping through it as the hockey players gossiped. Obviously the attendees of last night's festivities were at the top of the list, but they were interrupted by Kate laughing about something she read. "Oh, we're apparently getting a divorce" she mused.

Jimmy laughed and reached for the tabloid as Doyle plotted a theory. "Is she shacking up with the Izzy kid?" the goalie asked as Jimmy scanned the pages.

"No, apparently he was here last night and I did." he laughed as Kate slammed a fist on the table. "God damn it, let me have my my affair in peace!"

The few other patrons of the cafe who turned to the commotion and laughter were blessed with a beautiful moment of Ruggs laughing so hard he blew juice out of his nose onto Doyle's pancakes, sending the table into another laughing fit. Jimmy continued to read through the tears of laughter, "Yeah, apparently Vinny Fox and Granny PanPan are more than just a defensive pair (@Benpachi, @Jimmysmo27, @GrannyPanPan), Karl Krashwagen and Nathan Thomas are getting married this offseason (@SewingWithNancy, @KaleSalad, @CementHands)."

"I'm so confused," said Ruggs, finally recovered enough to talk again "I thought I read this past week that Vinny had the hots for that Jammin kid?" (@Mazatt, @James Truong)

Doyle laughed and gave him a wink.

"Maybe he does, you never know what might be true in those pages"

(@By-Tor, @Ruggsy, @Evok)

324 words, why the fuck did I do this

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I mean if I was planning a wedding it would have to be my own. I'm not wasting that much time on someone else. I'd end up married to @Allen even though he's not here anymore. He's a babe and I actually just got to see him in real life last weekend and it was a blast.

If we were to get married, it'd be Sabres and Bills themed, and we'd also sport our legendary Renegades jerseys.

Of course, @Phobospwns would interrupt the wedding, and get super drunk and ask us to play stump. It'd be our party game for the night. @Hoovuh would be invited, so he wouldn't crash it. I'd hope him and his lovely wife and kids came.

In the end, it'd be a beautiful wedding with lots of tears and beers. Now we just have to find a way to explain to our wives why this is happening...

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

There are so many weddings I would love to attend. I would also be honored if I could plan just one of those. And that would be the wedding between Aksel Fiske and Elizabeth Doyle. It is no secret about these two love bugs. In Doyles free time, she helps out with the minors team Fiske plays for right now. The sparks flew the first time the met at the draft and it was only a matter of time. The guest list is quite long but not permanent. As is with all events I host, there will be no hate allowed. We are a very welcoming committee, however that means you need to have an open mind. There will be rainbows everywhere, and if that makes you uncomfortable then byeeee. The wedding starts promptly at 5pm EST next Saturday and the reception with dinner will start at 6pm. We will be serving a southern style BBQ and a poutine bar. Please RSVP with any dietary restrictions so I can accommodate. And remember, have fun and leave your drama at the door.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 01:35 PM by raymond3000.)

Prompt 2

As a spectator , I think a game where your team is down by one goal is the most stressful situation compared to being tied or leading by a goal. When you're trailing by a goal, the game hangs in the balance If the other team scores, especially if its late in the game. If the other team scores, then that virtually seals the game for the other team. However, if your team puts the puck in the back of the net then it becomes a tie game and the game basically begins anew. The most stressed I've been watching a stream was probably Season 59 in the semifinals versus Hamilton. We had gone down in the series, i think 3 games to 1 and fought our way back to force a game seven which we won, and brought us to the finals where we breezed our way to the Challenge Cup.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

Down by one is 100% my nightmare scenario for any game. I still get nervous for playoff games all these seasons later, and even more so now as a GM and the action on the ice is in direct correlation to the job I've done. This past playoffs the Birds and Renegades were almost always in a 1 goal game, unless Jobin decided to Jobin, and the whole series I was an absolute wreck. Up by one I'm always feeling comfortable, maybe until the last few minutes of the game, tied I'm nervous of course because a single goal is going to turn the game on its head, but I'm really really a wreck when my team is down by one. Knowing time is working against you is one of the worst feelings for sure. I am hoping the birds have a lot of one goal leads in our future this season.

[Image: rotti.gif]

prompt 1:

people love following the royal family, and their weddings are great attention getters, so good choice slash and the PT crew. I don't know the gender or sexuality of many users, and the ones I do know, its usually because they've said something dumb on a thread and kind of tipped their hands.
My wedding couple will be chosen similar to an olden times wedding, in that its goal will be to unite 2 houses.

The groom/bride from the old-head house is Tony Pepperoni. He's a super vet that has won it all, has been well-liked in all of his locker rooms, and is very close with the SHLPA (or head office, whatever that parallel is). His personal accomplishments are impressive and tony has won awards that were assigned by the league as well as voted on by his peers, so his well-liked-ness will drive attendance and attention. big ups to user engagement.

The groom/bride from the new-school house is Conner Tanner. A third-year player with a lot of promise and personality.

Their union could probably win a championship (s49), and make their locker room really happy.

Come home mom and dad. please.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=410726

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

prompt 2

I think a game where you are down by 1 is the most tense to watch, especially if it's a playoff game and you just uploaded new lines and/or tactics, so you're wondering if you screwed something up and you're kind of just expecting to lose at that point, even if you're only down by 1 in the first period and there's lots of hockey left to play. A game where you are leading by 1 is the least stressful because you're expecting to win and if the other team ties the game, you blame fhm and rngs even though realistically that's a pretty likely scenario. I would say watching a tie game is not very different from when you have a lead, because it's a tie game but you're hoping to win and it kind of feels like this next highlight is when your team is gonna score and take the lead, but if that doesn't happen and you're down by 1, that's when it becomes stressful.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Come one, come all, the to the special union of the greatest player in SHL history, Esa Anrikkanen and the protege the Dragons needed, the one, the only, Joe Kurczewski. (I didnt look either of these names up, hopefully they are spelt right). This is a marriage for the ages. The old dinosaur that is Esa, marrying the (once) young stud, Joe. The food will be off the charts of course, the event is being catered by the one and only Kata Vilde. Dragons alumni from all eras will be there, Randleman, Jesster, Wong and others. Otis B. Driftwood will be providing everyone with nothing but the finest whiskey and cigars. If your night looks to becoming a bit more intimate, please feel free to use the legendary, Izzy couch. Don't mind #Kitty, he doesn't bite hard. Needless to say, this is an event for the ages that you won't want to miss.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

I remember a few seasons ago when we were up against Edmonton and we were in game seven. It was my rookie year in Calgary, and the franchise hadn't won a playoff series in the SHL era. Everyone was really nervous, but it was also super exciting. Against our rivals in the playoffs, game seven, everything on the line. It's why we do what we do! The game ended up going to overtime, and I'm sure everyone involved was on the edge of their seat with the madness that was unfolding. We did end up taking the series, but the overall experience of it was probably one of the most exciting SHL streams I've watched. Going for the Four-Star cup in the juniors is also up there! When I have time to actually sit down and watch the streams, I'm always having fun. I will pad my word count until I have 150+ words.

[Image: Skyphin.gif]

[Image: pxjucze.png]     [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png]     [Image: 3Kip7R0.png]

ISFL PT Affiliate +

Simmer Pass

The most tense would be probably being tied in a game, but specifically the type of tie game you know next game wins. When both teams are going back and forth opportunity after opportunity to take the lead. Goalies are making stops, players are getting chances. Your heart is racing because that next goal means everything. With the other two options if you are down by one and the clock is ticking down it is still tense but you more so are in a rush to try an tie up the game, you do everything you can but there is more focused energy rather than a feeling of tension. A sense of we need to get this next one. While for the third option you are up by one being shelled in by the other team, the feeling is more pressure to hold on you want that clock to run down as quick as possible, you know you will probably have an option for an open net because the other team needs to put it all out there. This is still a tense feeling but nothing beats a tie game that’s going back and forth, not only do you need to defend but you also need to score. It is more exciting and more tense at the same time.

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]