Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT#3 - Rivalry week

Rivals? In this economy? Peep the standings, Zerks have only lost 3 games this season and one of those was in OT. Hard to say we have a competing team when the next closest team has lost FOUR games. Maine is right behind Newfoundland in the standings and from what I hear, they are always nipping at our heels. While I have not been the SMJHL for that long, I am told that the Timberwolves match up with us a lot. However, I am also seeing that when it matters, the Berzerks handle their business. We have executed them with a perfect 7-0 in head-to-head playoff matchups. I am hopeful for our future in this league but I can also see a day sometime soon when Maine is the top dog and we are the scrappy underdog nipping at their heels. They will have to wait until the future though because we gonna !chop !chop !chop all the way to the finals!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Being rebranded from a day one team it is natural that the Anchorage Armada would be rivals with one of the other original teams in the league. It also makes sense from a geographical perspective for both Prince George and Anchorage that those two teams would be the Vancouver Whalers and Kelowna Knights. Right now Anchorage is in a rebuilding season having come off of 4 cup appearences in 5 seasons so it is hard to say that there has been much a rivalry this season. Honestly none of the three teams is in a particularly good position this season and if it wasnt for the absolutely dire state of St Louis and Quebec struggling two of the teams might not find themselves in a playoff spot at all. The Knights and Armada have played each other in the finals twice in the last ten seasons though with each side taking one of the encounters so I would expect the rivalry to pick up again soon.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

ISFL affiliate - Username Patey

Thinking back on what team would have been my biggest rival, it would probably have to be the team that I am currently playing on. However, also thinking back, things were different back then and it almost felt like every single other team was a rivalry. I spent a lot of my players times on the Vancouver Whalers and I was extremely loyal to that organization and often teams like Kelowna, PGF etc were pretty damn good too so we'd always have fiery, strong but friendly rivalries with the other teams and players.

If you skip forward and forget the history I used to have - which doesn't count too much as it's so far gone, I think my rivalry at this moment is any team that includes @Dangles13. Fortunately for them, they must be seeing a lot more playing time than me because they have way more points. Big shout out to @artemis for fucking that one up for me. Starwars

160 words

vancouver's biggest rival is the carolina kraken, because by nature of being a whaler our biggest predator is sea creatures trying to kill our boats. While we scour the seas for prime whales to poke at with our sharp sharp sticks, the kraken scour the waters for signs of old men in yellow rubber rain gear in a wooden row boat. Specifically they look for a man with a great beard and a peg leg, harpoon thrust to the skye. Our other rival is the Armada, because they're really shitty about how much better their boats are, but you dont see us running aground in the channel or keeping our distance from the shore. We go where we please and where we ought, unafraid of a little bit of rock and sand. Your boats might have big ole boomsticks on em, but you cant even patrol the coast looking for whales in that thing, and if you shot a whale it would explode into tiny pieces, which makes it useless for lamp oil. How would we light our lamps then???

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

so apparently people in the colorado raptors locker room will say that the anaheim outlaws are some how our biggest rivals (right @micool132 ?) but however i think that is not really the case at least not for me because i have barely interacted with the anaheim outlaws and they are just kind of there you know? not really doing much and not really bothering me at all so i would not classify them as one of our team's main rivals. however i think the anchorage armada with my brother paul koivu @Briedaqueduc should definitely classify as one of our rivals just because they have paul koivu and red kirby. however i think the biggest rival of our team is actually the simulation major junior hockey league point task team, especially that golden glutes guy who does the milestones like he's gotta do the milestones better to be honest he's gotta step up otherwise binko and the colorado raptors are not going to get any total points earned for their season that they worked so hard for

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

I can't say I am the most aware player of rivalries, simply because I am a rookie unfamiliar with the history of this league. This will change because I will be living and changing that history going forward. That being said I would call our biggest rivalry is between Anaheim and Colorado. The primary reason for this dislike is the proximity between us and them. Seeing the other teams achievement in our local media is enought to stoke the burning flames of contempt. Personally I have no personal vendettas against anyone nor do I plan develop any. I understand that players are going to try to mess with me to get an advantage over me. I have accepted that as part of the game. If I push back a little bit, that is part of the game too. We just need to respect each other and everything will be right, ok.

When it comes to actual rivalries in the SHL/SMJHL, I think the true ones might actually be dead just because of the lack of interest in the 'Thunderdome' nowadays. However if we're just talking for fun, then I'd say for Maine our biggest rivalry this season would be the Berserkers. We've completed a pretty lengthy rebuild and the Berserkers are the only ones really standing between us and the top spot in the league, not to mention they are the defending champions, so I would put them as my own personal rival. Also I would put Kelowna in that category as well, simply for passing on me in the draft so many times. They have a good team this season but still float around the middle of the pack when it comes to playoff contention. However, I am their former GM and they passed me three times in the draft for other players... it does leave a bit of a sour taste.

Code:
Words: 160+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I played for Detroit previously the rivalry was with St.Louis. Now the biggest difference between us and detroit was the chirping. We were both about on par with each other at the time we would go back and forth in playoffs and in regular season play. It was always fun to have someone who could challenge you to be better. It was always one of those things where when we were getting at each other chirping or actual play it would always make each other better. The stakes became higher, the passion was stronger, and the rivalry in the SMJHL was seemingly incomparable. Scarecrow and Falcons going back and forth in the playoff games were the site to see in the fan community. It was the hot topic if you could say with both teams eyeing a championship playing in the semi finals it was all on Detroit and St.Louis unfortunately though Detroit lost the series 4-2, but the rivalry still brutal much like the Red Wings and Blues you can never be more fueled to see Hull and Yzerman playing against each other. Much of the same back in the day with more talented teams in the SMJHL. They were both at the top of the food chain seeing who would be number 1.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

The biggest rival of the Scarecrows is hands down Detroit, The Crows and Falcons go way back to SHL early days when Scarecrows joined the league as expansion team. Since then Falcons and Scarecrows have had multiple playoffs matchups, going ether way, I think even Finals appearances facing off. The beef has been passed down generations and can still be seen in both teams locker rooms as banter and poking each other with sticks. It is good to see old rivalry lasting through multiple GM changes, countless players on ether side. Even as the both teams right now in SMJHL are bottom dweller teams, we take great pride in trying to out do the other team and fight each game we face off to the final whistle. It is going to be delightful to see this rivalry to continue for years to come and hopefully we get to see the teams face off in Finals soon as well to really solidify the rivalry to the current generation

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

The biggest rival in the league for myself and the Maine Timber has to be those fuck heads in Newfoundland. I don’t know what’s in the water up there to make them not only so fucking weird, but also so good at hockey. I’ve been trying to get the league to check that they are juicing but apparently no one can understand a single one of the fuckers to make an appointment. Anyways, because they’ve been juicing they keep on beating Maine for as long as I’ve been in the league. It doesn’t matter anymore though because we’ve gotten down dirty like them and started juicing too so this is the year that the Timber fall on those bloody Berserkers and they don’t get back up. Fuck you to all of Newfoundland for supporting a cheating ass team and down with you all.

[Image: Sugars2.png]

PBE PT

Coming into the season I have to think that our current biggest rival is the Carolina Kraken. They're a strong divisional team who were currently battling against for the division lead. It's a super tight race to date, and it definitely seems like this is going to be something that we are linked together on until the very end of the season.

On top of the divisional ties, they have made their logo and orange kraken which flies directly in the face of our colour scheme when we play. How dare they wear something that clashes with our colouring.

This leads to heated games when we play and a steep vibe of how serious the games are. There's going to be a few more before the end of the season and I can see them starting to get chippy. If they're not naturally getting chippy, I might just have to throw a few slashes to the back of the leg in to get the pot stirred.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

It has to be Newfoundland. Those lads are such fine fellas, but they didn't trade up to get me in the most recent draft. So SAD. Like Tylar level of sad. So as for payback, I'm going to probably score exactly 0 goals against them. However, while they are on the ice I'm going to go to the store and grab some hot sauce and maybe a fresh fish. I'm going to go into their locker room and find each players boxers they will put on after the game. I'm then going to pile them up in the middle of the room and make a fire of them. Once accomplished I'm going to cook the fish over the flames and put the hot sauce all over the fire extinguisher. That way they come back to a warm locker room, a meal... and when they put out the fire and wipe their faces... a nice surprise. Because I love them... True rivals.

[Image: Wally.png]

The Anaheim Outlaws?  More like the....Doubtlaws.  These chumps have been playing dirty every time we roll into their has been arena, and when they show up at our barn they leave the locker room worse than a truckstop bathroom.  I've been in this league all of a few months and have already had dreams about beating them in game 4 of the playoffs to complete a sweep and crushing the hopes of their entire franchise.  You think Max, Shoyo, and the V-Bus are going to take a shift off when we see them down the stretch??  You think Winter, Me, and Sanjuro won't go ham in the paint on these clowns??  Raptors hunt in packs, and we all saw what happened to the guy at the beginning of Jurassic Park.

[Image: c97iD9R.png][Image: 9tINabI.png]
[Image: dorito2.png]