Create Account

Inside the TBB LR

02-02-2022, 05:27 PMFluw Wrote: Even if it wasn't your intention to come across this way with that comment, which is totally plausible, given the most recent situation with the song lyrics all I am saying is that both situation can be easily linked together, even if they aren't since it is still fresh.

i think this is almost certainly what is happening, but i can't speak to the intent itself.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 06:42 PM by SabresFan.)

02-02-2022, 06:15 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
02-02-2022, 05:27 PMFluw Wrote: Even if it wasn't your intention to come across this way with that comment, which is totally plausible, given the most recent situation with the song lyrics all I am saying is that both situation can be easily linked together, even if they aren't since it is still fresh.

i think this is almost certainly what is happening, but I can't speak to the intent itself.

I want to get away from the song lyrics unless I can give a lesson on what the song actually means. Not only were the song lyrics misunderstood, they were actually inverted by some members to mean the opposite of what they actually mean. Some people are coming on here wanting to find demons. They see what they want to see. I don't want to talk about this for the rest of my SHL existence. I would like to either have the opportunity to explain it, or to put it to bed and be silent about it. It was one moment very early one morning when something popped into my head and I put it down in the Thunderdome. It isn't even very relevant to what most of us, myself included, are here for. Yet it was grossly misunderstood. (By you too Se7ven)

As a result, I will not enter the Thunderdome again. I will not engage in any more of this nonsense.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

02-02-2022, 06:33 PMSabresFan Wrote:
02-02-2022, 06:15 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: i think this is almost certainly what is happening, but i can't speak to the intent itself.

I want to get away from the song lyrics unless I can give a lesson on what the song actually means. Not only were the song lyrics misunderstood, they were actually inverted to mean the opposite of what they actually mean. People are coming on here wanting to find demons. They see what they want to see.

Again, it's not people coming on the site trying to find a way to find demons as you put it or seeing what they want to see.

It comes down to certain things and words can have different weights for different people depending on their experiences. It's the action of understanding that, and respecting how it might affect others and owning it rather than simply dismissing it as other people trying to find a way to hurt themselves.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

#realpolitik >>>>> Bromanov’s politik knockoff

tbh imo ofc

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-02-2022, 04:34 PMGeekusoid Wrote: We have a LR?

Wicked!

Also, Hi!  Am delicate snowflake.  Cut me up out of construction paper hand hang me across the fridge where I belong because I made a goalie and goalie life is pain.  I STILL believe goalie tpe matters (x_x)

It doesn't past 155, sorry

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 07:53 PM by SabresFan.)

OK Folks:

The Song "God Part II" is an answer, and in part, a tribute to, the earlier John Lennon song "God" where John points out things that he doesn't believe in.

Bono, a Christian answers: (One key point is that Bono often uses the statement "God is love" algebraically flipped, such that the word "love" stands for God)

Don't believe the devil
I don't believe his book
But the truth is not the same
Without the lies he made up
Don't believe in excess
Success is to give
Don't believe in riches
But you should see where I live
I, I believe in love

(In every stanza, there is a contradiction. "Don't believe in riches..." This is Bono recognizing a certain hypocrisy. He recognizes that he is a sinner and not a perfect Saint, taking advantage of his wealth at the same time that he works for the poor in such a way as to make it a second job. The last line reads "I, I believe in God" when you make the substitution that I suggested above. I believe that Bono is saying that despite is imperfections that he is still trying, and with God's grace, he will get there)

Don't believe in forced entry
Don't believe in rape
But every time she passes by
Wild thoughts escape

(This section is really quite nuanced, coming from a devout Christian. Bono, and myself in using his lyrics is saying that I DON'T believe in or condone violence against women. I DON'T believe in or condone rape. I believe that this includes being against the blatant objectification of women. That is certainly the case for me, and if you listen to Bono's support of women, it is for him as well. Yet, again there is a seeming contradiction in these four simple lines.  I believe that Bono as a Christian, is aware that Jesus once said that if a man looks at a woman with lust in his heart, he has committed adultery. Bono and I recognize that it is almost impossible to avoid this level of sin. "every time she passes by, wild thoughts escape" is a dramatic way of saying that he and I have desires and that they are not always completely pure. Now, at some level, I was pointing out in my post, that these a certain level of desire is actually healthy. I thought that Merica's signature was tasteful and within that healthy range. These lyrics are not "rapey shit". The message is far more subtle than that. This is Christian Rock. It is not gangster rap.)

Let it be understood that I have nothing against anyone here. But Jesus also had something to say about people who were holding stones ready to cast them at an adulterer. He called out to them saying "Let the one of you who is sinless cast the first stone". All of those stones dropped to the ground. I am not sorry for making a post supporting Merica making a tasteful image of a woman. I am not sorry for the actual message either. Yet I am sorry for the impact that the post had however, and I will endeavor to be either more sensitive in the future, and for the better part will seek to not engage much more on the forums outside of improving my player and my teams.

Don't believe in Death Row
Skid row or the gangs
Don't believe in the Uzi
It just went off in my hands
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in cocaine
Got a speedball in my head
I could cut and crack you open
Did you hear what I said?
Don't believe them when they tell me
There ain't no cure
The rich stay healthy
The sick stay poor
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
Instant karma's gonna get him
If I don't get him first
Don't believe that Rock 'n' Roll
Can really change the world
As it spins in revolution
Yeah, it spirals and turns
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in the sixties
The golden age of pop
You glorify the past
When the future dries up
Heard a singer on the radio
Late last night
Says he's gonna kick the darkness
Till it bleeds daylight
I, I believe in love

Feel like I'm fallin'
I'm spinnin' on a wheel
It always stops beside a name
A presence I can feel
I believe in love

Stop!

Really, I don't believe that this is one of Bono's best efforts, but reading down toward the end of the song, he speaks of "A presence I can feel. I believe in love". This song is not "rapey shit" It is a statement that while there are many things that I reject, the one thing that can I always fall back on one thing that I can believe in: I believe in God and his presence. When everything else is going to shit, faith, hope, love and the presence of God remain.

So, as a Christian, I'm not here with the goal of hurting anyone or in winning any pissing contests. Go ahead and cast more stones if you want to. I have my shield and my strength. This is my final word on the subject.

This homily has ended. Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

In the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

How long till NL turns it into a copypasta

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

02-02-2022, 06:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: #realpolitik >>>>> Bromanov’s politik knockoff

tbh imo ofc

trella made it so talk to my daddy about it

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

what the hell just happened bruh

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

02-02-2022, 07:55 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: How long till NL turns it into a copypasta

Don't believe in SabresFan
His type like a curse
If I don't get him first

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

mein gott muss das sein

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

02-02-2022, 07:50 PMSabresFan Wrote: OK Folks:

The Song "God Part II" is an answer, and in part, a tribute to, the earlier John Lennon song "God" where John points out things that he doesn't believe in.

Bono, a Christian answers: (One key point is that Bono often uses the statement "God is love" algebraically flipped, such that the word "love" stands for God)

Don't believe the devil
I don't believe his book
But the truth is not the same
Without the lies he made up
Don't believe in excess
Success is to give
Don't believe in riches
But you should see where I live
I, I believe in love

(In every stanza, there is a contradiction. "Don't believe in riches..." This is Bono recognizing a certain hypocrisy. He recognizes that he is a sinner and not a perfect Saint, taking advantage of his wealth at the same time that he works for the poor in such a way as to make it a second job. The last line reads "I, I believe in God" when you make the substitution that I suggested above. I believe that Bono is saying that despite is imperfections that he is still trying, and with God's grace, he will get there)

Don't believe in forced entry
Don't believe in rape
But every time she passes by
Wild thoughts escape

(This section is really quite nuanced, coming from a devout Christian. Bono, and myself in using his lyrics is saying that I DON'T believe in or condone violence against women. I DON'T believe in or condone rape. I believe that this includes being against the blatant objectification of women. That is certainly the case for me, and if you listen to Bono's support of women, it is for him as well. Yet, again there is a seeming contradiction in these four simple lines.  I believe that Bono as a Christian, is aware that Jesus once said that if a man looks at a woman with lust in his heart, he has committed adultery. Bono and I recognize that it is almost impossible to avoid this level of sin. "every time she passes by, wild thoughts escape" is a dramatic way of saying that he and I have desires and that they are not always completely pure. Now, at some level, I was pointing out in my post, that these a certain level of desire is actually healthy. I thought that Merica's signature was tasteful and within that healthy range. These lyrics are not "rapey shit". The message is far more subtle than that. This is Christian Rock. It is not gangster rap.)

Let it be understood that I have nothing against anyone here. But Jesus also had something to say about people who were holding stones ready to cast them at an adulterer. He called out to them saying "Let the one of you who is sinless cast the first stone". All of those stones dropped to the ground. I am not sorry for making a post supporting Merica making a tasteful image of a woman. I am not sorry for the actual message either. Yet I am sorry for the impact that the post had however, and I will endeavor to be either more sensitive in the future, and for the better part will seek to not engage much more on the forums outside of improving my player and my teams.

Don't believe in Death Row
Skid row or the gangs
Don't believe in the Uzi
It just went off in my hands
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in cocaine
Got a speedball in my head
I could cut and crack you open
Did you hear what I said?
Don't believe them when they tell me
There ain't no cure
The rich stay healthy
The sick stay poor
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
If I don't get him first
Don't believe that Rock 'n' Roll
Can really change the world
As it spins in revolution
Yeah, it spirals and turns
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in the sixties
The golden age of pop
You glorify the past
When the future dries up
Heard a singer on the radio
Late last night
Says he's gonna kick the darkness
Till it bleeds daylight
I, I believe in love

Feel like I'm fallin'
I'm spinnin' on a wheel
It always stops beside a name
A presence I can feel
I believe in love

Stop!

Really, I don't believe that this is one of Bono's best efforts, but reading down toward the end of the song, he speaks of "A presence I can feel. I believe in love". This song is not "rapey shit" It is a statement that while there are many things that I reject, the one thing that can I always fall back on one thing that I can believe in: I believe in God and his presence. When everything else is going to shit, faith, hope, love and the presence of God remain.

So, as a Christian, I'm not here with the goal of hurting anyone or in winning any pissing contests. Go ahead and cast more stones if you want to. I have my shield and my strength. This is my final word on the subject.

This homily has ended. Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

In the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
cool now do the part where you implied straight people were somehow being discriminated against

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

You know what’s funny? Even Bono thinks U2 sucks

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

02-02-2022, 09:16 PMBuster Wrote: You know what’s funny? Even Bono thinks U2 sucks
please don't say that things s**k. "this is christian rock, not gangster rap."

live laugh love amen

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

God i love how bono and you are so tight together you know exactlyyy what he means in his lyrics :D wish i could know someone famous like you do! Praise the lord too and whatever

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]