Create Account

S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen

PROMPT 1

Yes! I do actually like cooking, so this is not a bad job by any means. The only problem here is that I am not used to making food for more than like two people. So I am definitely not taking orders, and everyone will be served the same food whether you like it or not. My mentality would be to serve smart food during the day (before practices or games) but actually good food afterwards. So the pre-game and pre-practice meals would be more of a gasoline for the body. And then after the job has been done, it would be time to reward the team with food that actually tastes good.

Being from Finland, Nordic cuisine is my specialty and probably would be the cornerstone of my cooking. Luckily we have some other Northern Europeans too, so at least they would probably appreciate that. Besides that, everyone loves (not copy) pasta and that I guess is also something that would be easy to make for a large group, so be prepared for a lot of carbonara, lasagna etc.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Well joans was surprised to get a call that he was to be taking  over the cooking duties for the team. He overheard teammates complaining about the constant pilk they were getting for their meals. After a quick google search, Joans decided their concerns were valid and agreed to take over the position. 

Joans is an understanding individual so of course he would take food orders from his teammates to help name sure they were ready for the games to come. Was interesting to see the different orders that came in. The GMs and coaches are pure trash and it was absolutely disgusting to watch. Joans didn’t even have to do anything in the kitchen because they constantly just asked him to order fast food. Oh well, less work.

Those in their primes such as Wagner, Groot, Burkie and Strongo had healthy and balanced diets and meals. The rookies had smoothie only diets which joans thought was weird. Cormac ponaire continued asking for pilk which was weird. And slothy ate a lot of pasta. Something about bulking up to start fighting.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

For Stephan Gill, his pre-game meal is always the same no matter when the game comes. It’s a bit of a pre game ritual that’s been with him since his youth when his mother & father used to cook dinner. That meal is always honey glazed butterflied chicken breast with homemade coconut rice with sides of sweetcorn and tender stem broccoli. This simple meal is easy to cook, tasteful and most importantly nutritious. In addition to this a few slice of garlic bread really do help make the meal one enjoy. 

Now on the days off, Stephans meals are a touch more exciting and far more varied. A couple of his favourites are a simple lentil Dahl cooked in the slow cocker, can’t be beat after a hard days training especially with the added benefit of not having to cook it. Another favourite is Halloumi curry. Not much needs to be said about this other than it’s his favourite meal. 

Stephan tries to keep his diet varied and helpful for his physical conditions without losing his love or cooking. 

[Image: gill.png]

Prompt 2:

Sekai Wollker has a surprisingly unexciting pregame dinner routine. Depends on the day of the week or the time of day. Or just a spur of the moment whim. Sometimes he eats the rations tucked into a metal box for some reason. It remains unknown how he got so big eating food of that kind, but he did and he still loves the tasteless crunch of the synthesized nutrient snack from time to time. Nostalgia sometimes is the greatest seasoning there is.

Other times he'll just eat some stew and hit his head on stuff but who knows why he does that. Good times he'll just grab some fast food with extra fries because damn that shit is tasty. He's never eaten a tauntaun though. The smell of them cooking makes him sick to his stomach.... Once he ate a wookie burger but he really found it way too chewy for his liking. I guess tender meat the better. Better than frogs to be honest like some people eat...

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Prompt 2:

Marcel Beck begins each gameday with two big cinnamon rolls - ones as big as your face. The more icing, the better. He washes it down with a big glass of water to stay hydrated. If its an early game, he will eat a small meal for lunch, usually on the way to the rink. That's all the time he has. If it's a regular night game, he will eat a very big lunch, usually 2 or 3 courses. Pasta is always on the menu. After his pregame-post lunch nap, he will only snack until the game. Usually clif bars or granola. Post game, meal choice is always Taco Bell. At Taco Bell, go-to is usually cheesy bean and rice burritos and a Root Beer to drink. Beck loves root beer. His game time routines arent the most healthy, but they are always vegetarian because save the animals and save the world. Interestingly, the Swiss player doesnt like swiss cheese. 

(WC - 160)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

In the morning, Borje Samuelsson enjoys eating a big meal with a lot of protein. So he'll get some rice on a plate and add in some tosino and some sort of sausages, longanisa. Yes, he's Swedish but one of his best friends is from the Philippines so he has gotten accustomed to eating a lot of Filipino food. He then adds some eggs (over easy) on top of everything. That makes it nicer when you break the yolk and all the flavours combine. For lunch, he'll usually go pasta with a ceasar salad. Spaghetti is Samuelsson's favourite type of pasta. It's also very easy to make. For dinner, he'll either have some sort of baked or roasted chicken or some salmon. He'll tend to switch between pairing that meal with rice or a salad. He doesn't tend to snack during the day, but after the game he'll eat a pack of instant ramen to get some salts in his body.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Prompt 2

Diet is a crucial aspect of any athlete’s life. It goes hand in hand with a well-planned exercise routine. In order to keep myself in the best possible condition for the season I try to follow a fairly strict diet. First and foremost, gut health is incredibly important. Nobody want to have to leave the game mid-play like Luongo because their stomach is acting up. To ensure that that doesn’t happen to me I make sure to have kimchi with every meal of the day. My mom keeps me stocked up with the family recipe; added bonus of helping combat missing home! For the main parts of my meals, I am mostly vegetarian. I try and stay away from red meat as much as I can and eat a lot of tofu. Most of my meals are prepared with a Korean flair, so even with a heavily plant-based diet things are kept interesting with a lot of spice. When I do let myself get a little cheat day in, my go to is a bunch of Mexican food and beer. Those days are usually for the offseason though.

(188)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Prompt #2

Buck starts off his game day meal plan starts by having a peanut butter and banana smoothie, with chocolate milk and some protein powder to help wake him after his morning routine of stretching and a light work out. Depending on when the game is Buck's pre-game meal that he has the chef prepare is usually a chicken parmesan with some spaghetti, a garden salad and toasted bread. Buck doesn't really like garlic bread which gets him odd looks from some of the boys in the Berserker locker room. If the game is later in the evening Buck will usually have grilled chicken with rice and steamed veggies to make sure he's getting what he needs. Buck keeps a jar of pickles just to eat in the locker room fridge, another decision that many Berserkers question. Buck's go-to off day cheat meal usually consists of pizza or chicken wings. Usually not both at the same time but one or the other

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

After the pilk fallout and as the new team chef, I will immediately outlaw pilk. It's an affront to all liquids quite honestly, even the inedible ones that would kill you. It's also not even healthy so not only is it a drink that is terrible, there are no health considerations to drinking it. Other than that, food options would be whatever the players would want within reason. I think most players are going to have normal requests and that won't be an issue. Quite honestly, I think there will be a lot of requests for pizza rolls and t rex chicken nuggets. Easy enough I guess. I'll spend some time working with the players showing them how to cook their own meals from time to time. That'll save me some trouble and eventually phase me out of a job hopefully. That way I can pursue my one true passion, once I figure out what that is.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

Emilia has been keeping a very strict diet regimen since starting ice skating as a child. A similar amount of rigor (though obviously a different diet) was kept as she grew and got older as well as when she switched sports, as the physique of a figure skater is at least slightly different than that of a hockey player. She packed on plenty of calories but has kept relatively close to a vegetarian diet, packs snacks as one of the team 'moms' for Buffalo, and makes sure she's got something for everybody prior to coming to practice or games. However, she has been at this so long that she has a pretty good estimate (within 50-100 calories) of what she eats on a daily basis, and adds in a few cheese sticks or a bit of trail mix when she falls short of her intended goal. Some days are busier than others and it's not easy to stick perfectly to the [i]times[/u] you schedule for your diet, but you can always control what goes in over the course of 24 hours.

Also, before writing this prompt I looked up what 'pilk' was. Ew.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Viktor Krunk will not eat American cuisine, as he doesn't understand why everything has to have cheese and bacon on it, or why the country wants to eat chicken-topped dessert for breakfast.

Instead, he imports ingredients from Russia in order to make his own traditional Russian food. This includes blini (medium-sized savoury pancakes that can be served with a range of accompaniments), borscht (a sour beetroot soup usually served with sour cream) and pelmeni (small Russian dumplings, usually stuffed with ground meat and onions). None of his teammates usually want to come round and eat at his house, as he isn't very good at cooking any of these dishes.

When he's on the road, he takes tins of tushonka (tinned, stewed meat of various origin) with him, which he likes to eat while travelling or in team meetings. It stinks and everyone hates him for it.

Krunk credits his athletic performance with his traditional Russian diet.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

PBE Affiliate Link

Prompt 2

Agent Tesla: Okay we have been sent by the team chef a request for your meal plan Dave, and since Brenda is kind enough to bake cakes and make pilk for the rest of the team I want to be sure your requests are more reasonable. That said what would you like to have on your plan Dave?

Dave Heinrich: Well I'm a ghost so does it really matter what I eat? You said that first meal you gave me was more symbolic than anything else.

Agent Tesla: Well that is true that it was mostly just to symbolize you being able to recover from the emaciated state hell left you in. You can still enjoy tastes though so if there is something you think would be beneficial for your soul to heal then it is perfectly reasonable to me.

Dave Heinrich: Just a simple cheese pizza and LEGALLY REDACTED FOR TRADEMARK REASONS SODA?

Agent Tesla: Sounds superb to me! I will be sure Brenda gets that before your next game. Now that was all I needed from you this time so go enjoy the little rest I allow you to have before our next training session.

Dave: Thanks! I'll do just that.

Code:
Word Count: 203

Prompt 2

Ive written about my meal plan before, and have had many sponsorship opportunities from companies to support their food. However, for me I could not sway away from my true love of chicken fingers. Chicken finger provide protein, and can be eaten at any meal, or even on the go. There are so many different opportunities to mix it up with chicken fingers, so many different sauce types - it is simply a great meal.

However, recently being on the road I started branching out - yes I did not eat chicken fingers for one meal. But I did not go off the table, I had korean fried chicken. Now, Korean Fried chicken is another great meal. You can get it with the bone in or the bone out which is essentially like chicken nuggets. They have so many different sauce flavors from basic fried, to spicy now. Lets not forget the rubs you could get on the chicken as well. Korean fried chicken will be added to my meal plan moving forward.

171 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]