Create Account

A Prescription for Better Mental Health

I'm not saying anything incendiary here or anything to upset any individuals. This post is not about any individual in the SHL or outside of it, but about the ability to cope and coexist in life in general.  If we want to protect the mental health of our users, we should listen to experts in the field of mental health. The video below is a lecture from such an expert. (Video playback on YouTube from the forums has not been working for me for some time, so I'm just providing the link.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi499A4VsN8

If you are interested in what we can do to help create a healthier SHL, and in fact, a healthier world, watch the video. I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

have you ever considered not talking?

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

I don't need to watch this because I'm not one of those delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand

Not about anyone in particular… timing seems pretty convenient though. Why post anything at all, nevermind a video from that dumbass who thinks that gender identity is ruining america. Regardless of your intentions, why post this when you know majority of the people here will have a negative reaction? Just stop

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

02-07-2022, 08:17 PMmcpumpkin Wrote: I don't need to watch this because I'm not one of those delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand
but you are a pumpkin so maybe you do need to watch this

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

[Image: huh-confused.gif]

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Every time Sabresfan posts something dumb, the Sabres add another 5 years to the rebuild

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Imagine a prospect completely tanking Tampa as a free agent destination, despite a roster of amazing people.

Next time you want to post something, maybe run it by your locker room first and learn to read the room.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

What exactly is the suggestion, force everyone to watch it before joining the SHL? Put that shit elsewhere (or nowhere), this place is for actual ideas to help improve and grow the league itself

[Image: lespoils.gif]

i miss trella

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 10:31 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Despite the whole idea of this post being something that can "fix" the woke snowflakes being a fucking sham to begin with, you link a video by a moral psychologist so out of touch with the real world that his argument for why Republicans and Democrats are different is because they have different moral frames? I think a five your old could have come up with that much. Haidt is at best an old privileged white dude spouting nonsense and attacking strawmen in front of a green screen, and at the worst he's a dangerous agent of bullshit offering unsound psychiatric advice for people struggling with real problems.

Here is quote attributed to him:

"today's college students were raised by teachers who may have had children's best interests at heart but who often did not give them the freedom to develop their antifragility."

Or put into layman's terms: You should just not avoid getting triggered! It's good to get triggered! Bully those kids until it's not so bad anymore!

The dude is Jordan Peterson if he just flowered up his language more to hide that he's a douchebag.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

The word 'experts' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this post.

I don't need to watch this because I'm not one of those delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

02-07-2022, 08:17 PMmcpumpkin Wrote: I don't need to watch this because I'm not one of those delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand
that's 98% of internet to be quite honest

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

sabresfan = Anthony Deangelo

Due to not reading a room, and not taking the idea of only speak when needed. Quite honestly we know who and what this is about. This was a dumb idea to post in general.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]