Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

Prompt 2.
Sitting around the campfire with all of my Detroit Pet friends one evening and roasting marshmallows all of the sudden a a portal opens up. Through the portal out steps Anti-Anton Mihailov, my alter ego. This version of Anton is not very friendly to pets and other people in general. He is not a goal scorer like I am in the league, but instead a very hard hitting defensive player that keeps to himself. Even though we are very different from each other, I tried very hard and was able to convert him to tolerating and being friendly to all of the animals. He was very defensive at first, but slowly got used to all of my close animal friends. Since he is a defensive player in the league, and we are almost exactly the same person, I was able to convince him to play hockey with me in Atlanta. He will help push me to win the scoring title next season!

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Jasper Maximov has been looking for a big tiddy goth girlfriend for many years without much success so he thought he'd start pretending to be interested in black magic and esotherism and shit because that's how you meet goth girls with big boobs right?

Anyway, his spell seriously back fired and now it's getting out of hands because there's two of him. But his alter ego is so much cooler than him which makes the task to get a girlfriend with big boobies even more complicated. He asked his other self to teach him tricks and being the cool bastard he is, he accepted, but whenever he showed Earth-1's Jasper how to do things, girls would want to take Earth-2 Jasper home instead.

Not wanting to deal with all this competition, Jasper 1 went on a quest to send Jasper 2 back to his world, pretending that he was doing this for his own good because Jasper 2's mom would miss him or something.

One of the goth girls who was actually good at magic helped them send him back and left with him. So now all his less crappy in the world.

What a PT prompt, guys.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

The big one that would have had the possibility to change Calvins career drastically would have been creation at an earlier point in time. While Calvin shot up the draft boards and landed 13th to Maine Timber on the J draft and followed by a 4th in the SHL draft. The possibility of an earlier creation that would have given more time to attract attention and interest from the other J scouts.
Because the 4th draft by New England Wolfpack came a lot from good words from Calvins teammates in the Maine Timbers. So had that 1 detail of a differente Junior team changed, who knows where Calvin would have ended up and how his career would have turned out?
There were times when Calvin was considering retiring but only the Wolfpack and Timber teammates made him stick with the game, had that occured in another team?
When drafted, Calvin thought he'd be a lifer, would he have been a lifer in another team?
So many questions and no answers to be seen

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Its season 58 in the SHL world. Jimmy Wagner is well on his way to becoming a leader for the Los Angeles Panthers. While dabbling in the dark arts to develop a scoring touch, a portal rips open and Jimmy Wagner played by Seth Jones comes face to face with plane traveler Jimmy Wagner played by Rege Jean-Page. Jimmy Wagner played by Seth Jones is confused and shook, as nothing in his QAnon lectures has prepared him for a moment like this, and Jimmy Wagner played by Rege Jean-Page steps forward through the portal. Without hesitation, Jimmy Wagner played by Rege Jean-Page reaches out a glowing hand and saps the life force from the Wagner from this universe. As Jimmy Wagner played by Seth Jones collapses to the ground he looks up at his plane traveling assailant with fear in his eyes.

"How.."

"The power of 5G." Jimmy Wagner played by Rege Jean-Page cuts him off, grabs the dying Wagner by his shirt, and throws him into the abyss.

173 words

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114187

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Prompt 2

I imagine Lemo’s career could be a lot different if I would have joined the league just a few days earlier, before the SMJHL draft, or a couple weeks later, after the trade deadline, which as I understand, would have made him eligible for the next SMJHL draft. Instead Lemo was completely unwittingly introduced to the league at the odd time just at the start of the regular season, starting him off as an undrafted free agent and making him immediately eligible for the next SHL draft instead of the SMJHL one. If it weren’t for that timing and the stroke of luck of being scouted and then promptly signed by the Anchorage Armada as soon as he became eligible to be signed by an SMHJL team, which just happened to also include Texas prospect-turned-scout @Ohtaay at the time, Lemo might well have ended up eventually being drafted to the SHL by some completely other team instead of the up-and-coming Renegades and very likely would not have been able to so quickly achieve all the successes that he has already had the good fortune to enjoy in his career that is presumably only just reaching it’s peak now in these few coming seasons. In less than 10 seasons played, Lemo has already been part of teams winning just about every accolade that teams can win here and is already a part of the Quad-gold club, with two Challenge Cups, a Four-Star Cup, two WJC championships and finally also a gold medal from the IIHF tournament. It’s hard to imagine him getting a shot at all these chances at any other time with any other teams.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

As alternate Bodhi steps through the portal, he appears to be every bit the same as this world's version of Bodhi. However, there are subtle differences in their gameplay. Alternate Bodhi is much less aggressive and doesn't even play hockey. He is actually a figure skater who tells his life story through interpretive dance. He is better than any skater in the SHL but can't do much else. His rage and anger are brought out not through violence but beautiful dance. He can do triple axels and front flips on his skates and other things which shouldn't be humanly possible. However, alternate Bodhi is not bound to the laws of physics. He's also impervious to a poor performance because there is no update scale in his universe. He's got 20s across the board, at least in the traits that matter. His physical stats are near perfect, but he still can't handle the stick.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO THE SECOND PROMPT, ALSO KNOWN AS PROMPT NUMBERO DEUCES.

The world can change a lot in a year. Further, a lot can change a person in one night. And it was one crazy night such as that that would go on to change Rob Wright's simulation-professional hockey career forever.

To hear him tell the story, you'd need a ear-magnifying glass, because Rob Wright is currently prepping for a role as the lead in the new Honey, I Shrunk Myself franchise, and the way Wright is preparing is very akin to method acting. He is currently just under 2-inches tall.

[THE FOLLOWING WAS TRANSCRIBED FROM WHAT OUR MOUSE ON THE SCENE HEARD]

"Squeak-squeak squeak, squeak squeak squeeeeeak squeak squeak. Squeak-sq-squeak squeak squeak Kobe Bryant squeak."

[THE FOLLOWING WAS TRANSLATED FROM WHAT OUR MOUSE ON THE SCENE SQUEAKED]

"I was probably about 4 or 5 years old when I was living on the streets. I had a job interview that morning at midnight for a custodial job - chimney sweep, it was. I was very tired. I probably would've fallen asleep if it hadn't have been for Kobe Bryant passing by. He paid for my coffee. I made it to the interview but unfortunately wasn't selected because I was a child. Blessing in disguise, however, since directly after that, I went to a skating rink to skate my feelings away. And then I became a professional simulation hockey player."

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

I think the biggest question mark of my career was during the SHL draft of S56 when I was drafted. I had a lot of teams reach out to me prior to the draft and I really had no idea where I was going. I wasn't a top ranking prospect but I was active and at least attracted the attention of 11 or so teams. I was fresh to the site and didn't really know what to expect so I was excited to go to any team that was interested. Since I made it to LAP, I've really enjoyed the team and have been happy to be here. That decision could have changed as any number of teams could have taken me and I'd be exposed to a new locker room that would ultimately change my SHL experience. Looking back at the teams that reached out, I know that it would be very different.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

Prompt 2:
I have always wondered what would have happened if I didn't get drafted to the Vancouver Whalers or the Toronto North Stars. I would say entering as a first-gen player, drafting a first-gen early is a shot in the dark and I guess in the SMJHL it could be worth the shot in the 2nd round, but most had me going in the 3rd. I was imagining joining Anaheim to be honest, they had a great cast of people that scouted me and I had a great time in their locker room for a short while. Oh what could have been haha. Then in the SHL, imagining becoming the 1st overall pick was not too unfathomable, but imagining joining the Texas Renegades I wonder if I would have become a cup champion by now. The pivotal moments are definitely the drafts in my career as I value sticking to a team so things could have gone really differently if that had changed.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

WSBL PT

Ole Olson honestly has a couple alternate versions in other universes. In one world, he's Tyler Montain, Defensive Tackle extraordinaire from the Dallas Birddogs drafted into the ISFL by the Baltimore Hawks. He was traded to the Austin Copperheads where he played DT for a bit longer and then moved to Linebacker. Montain and Olson would get a long quite easily as they both are willing to alter their play styles to whatever their team needs. Montain did it through his position, while Olson simply gave up hitting in favor of passing. The third alternate version is Keegan Halverson, another defensive minded athlete who holds down the hot corner for the Florida Flamingos in the MiLPBE. Another player who will do what he needs for his team, he'll be switching to catcher when he gets called up to the big league. These three athletes have a lot in common, most importantly that they'll do whatever they need to make their teams better.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Tomas Zadina stares at the portal and sees himself step through. Immediately they're excited to play together. That brings up the question, how does this effect the contract situation? They're the same person so they get to live off of the same contract! New Orleans suddenly has a ton more cap space and they get to play on the same line. The Zadinas quickly become one of the best advanced stats lines in the entire league centered by Ville Kurri.

What's different about these two? Zadina from our universe is a playmaker through and through, the only goals he scores are on wide open nets. Zadina from the other universe is an entirely shoot first player. Image the Sedin twins reincarnated as Czechs instead of Swedes and that's what you've got here with the Zadina twins. In order to help tell them apart they start going by Thomas (\ˈtä-məs\) and Tomas (/toˈmas/). Watch out SHL, they Zadina twins are here to heck ya'll up!

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The one and only difference between me and my doppelgänger is the fact that he is very good at hockey and I am very not good. You can tell this is true because someone actually liked him enough as a player to trade for him at the SMJHL trade deadline, unlike myself.

The ask for my player was not high, yet no one wanted me. In the alternative universe, my player was highly sought after, getting offers from all SMJHL teams as well as a majority of the SHL teams due to the fact that they felt he was good enough to carry them towards the ultimate goal of a Challenge Cup. He ultimately ended up being traded to the Hamilton Steelhawks for a myriad of first round picks, as well as every prospect they currently have. He ended up intentionally sitting out of the season as a protest for the trade, that sent out his great grandfather 20+ years ago.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

PROMPT 1

In this reality, Slip McScruff retired many seasons ago. He took a step back and focused on himself and is now the CEO of a healthy cook at home subscription company. Remarkably, he has learned to read and to write as well as the difference between there, they're, and their.

This interaction does not go very well. The nerd McScruff gets the snot beat out of him by the still actively playing worst hockey of his life goon McScruff. Goon McScruff goes over to the other side, steals a sports almanac and comes back only to learn two disappointing details. One, the alternate world does not have the same hockey teams, so there is no useful betting information. Two, this is not a time travel bit, so the almanac only has game results from the past.

Luckily, Nerd McScruff had a hot goth girlfriend who fell in love with Goon McScruff and swapped places with her alternate self. I guess it was overall an ok time for McScruff.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

There is not too much that Greyson Cooper would change in his career so far. He had a pretty successful career in the SMJHL & I believe if he stayed in the league he would absolutely kill it. However, that cant happen & it was time for Greyson to take it to the next level. He's had a pretty bad rookie year not posting as many points as he can & has slowed down. I think if he stayed in the SMJHL one more season he would have came into the Buffalo Stampede one season later he would have been more of an impact player on the team. However, he wouldn't change anything when it all came down to it. He is extremely thankful to play on the Stampede & is happy at any chance he can get on any line. Hopefully next season he will be able to put up some great numbers.
Quote:154 Words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]