Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 08:58 PM by CrazyMojito.)

At a time when my Juniors career was drawing to a close with the Timber, I was asked if I would be open to a trade to the Platoon as there wasn't necessarily a spot for me with the Blizzard. The choice was mine and if I declined then where I ended up would become a matter of fate. I knew a few people over in Baltimore from the Maine LR so there would have been some familiar faces and it probably would have been a comfortable move. I decided that I wanted to stay with the Blizzard though, felt this team was my home and it was going to force me to assimilate and make new friends on the site. Fortunately for me, a Blizzard player requested a trade off the team which opened a spot for me and 6 seasons later I was named captain and I cannot be happier how my career has turned out and excited for the future of this franchise.

I've never actually thought how my career would have played out differently should I have said yes id be open to being traded to BAP. I don't even know where I'd fit into their lineup now. Funny enough though a couple of my Blizzard teammates are on the Platoon now and would have met them eventually. I'd like to think I'd have been one of the missing pieces of the puzzle that might have already put them over the top. I always find myself rooting for them and I hope they can shake things up in the finals.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

Having completed the dark magic of being able to access an alternate dimension, I would be shocked to witness what my player from the alternate dimension was like. The biggest thing would be their fitness. I am not the most fit person by a long shot. Obviously, my counterpart took advantage of his time in school to actually get into and maintain his physical fitness. The fact that he plays hockey is also a huge tell for where things have diverged as my hometown is so small we don't have a hockey team.
After discussing the differences between our worlds, I would definitely not want to visit his reality. The stories he tells of the league he plays in would scare the shit out of me. Just the names of some of the people he play's alongside would be enough for me to run away. I would probably convince him to stay in my reality just long enough to get me back into proper shape and set me up for a better, healthier, life.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 09:42 PM by mer.)

Prompt 1
Aksel is working on summoning strength to lead his team to the playoffs, and instead of being filled with confidence and purpose, he's joined in his apartment by a familiar looking man.

Askel was working on a new fish carving procedure when he was summoned. After talking for a bit, Aksel and Askel figure out where their paths separated; instead of sharing their mother's love for hockey, Askel fell in love with fishing and their older brother took up the family stick and skates to play in the Swedish leagues.

Before Aksel sends his doppelganger back, he takes him to the practice rink and they go through some drills together. Askel falls plenty of times, but he gets the puck off the ground on some one-times so Aksel counts that a win. On the way home, Askel spies a nice looking salmon in a storefront, and grills it nicely on Aksel's balcony.

It's not what Aksel was looking for, but it's nice to see how things could have been, could still be when he calls it quits many seasons from now.

181 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

The machine makes loud noises and it shakes the whole building, the portal starting to open.
“ITS WORKING!”
The scientists around Denisova watched in terror, what would happen is this truly did work. The portal opened wider and wider as a figure started to walk out.
“It’s happening!”
And then finally, Valters Densiova walked
“Heys guys!”
“Wait, you’re me?”
“Yea…”
Valters stared at the exact copy of him that walked out of the portal, feeling like he was looking into a mirror.
“So what’s different about your universe?” Our Densiova asked
“Ah well, me and Hffo became friends when I got drafted into Newfoundland. And we came in last place of the SMJHL.”
Our Valters looked confused
“Yea it seems that your and hffo’s mutual hatred for each other fuels the Zerks, and gives them power…”
“So if we ever became friends…”
“Newfoundland would fall apart and would never recover.”
Denisova looked confused at first before the machine exploded, sucking parallel Denisova back to his universe.

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

There is not much that Jaska Seppla could do to change his fate. He always desired to play for the Buffalo Stampede. This was even before he was drafted to the j, It was when he was talking to his good pall Charles Walker who had an extended career with the Buffalo Stampede. So I would suppose the thing that would change would be what would happen if Jaska Seppala was not drafted by the buffalo stampede? Well in my head cannon I would say that I would always end up with the Buffalo Stampede in free agency but what if I liked the team I would play for, Well the only team that was thinking about drafting me was the Hamilton Rage and they are garbage with no redeeming qualities so no way I would end up there long term, Maybe I would end up on a team that can win like Chicago. Would that not be crazy

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Prompt 1:

Here I was trying to create my own big titty goth gf before valentines so I wouldn't have to spend it alone just like every other year, when something goes wrong. What went wrong? I'm not sure, I am not that creative to be able to explain what preposterous situation occurred in order for this ritual to go wrong, but you will just have to take my word for it that it was wrong. Perhaps I wasn't giving off enough goth vibes when casting it? Instead of Sam from Danny Phantom coming out of this portal, Danny's mom comes out instead. I can't say this is any worse than Sam coming out, so maybe the ritual didn't go wrong after all. Maybe it was more aligned with what I was after. Instead of a big tiddy goth gf, I got a big tiddy mom gf? I will have to consider this one to be a big dub after all.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Written Task: There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc. (150+ words).

For Paul Koivu, this was during the Simulation Hockey League season 62 draft. As much as in the SMJHL one, Koivu already knew well ahead of time where he was heading, in this draft there was none of that. He had somewhat of a clue what teams could be interested, but nothing was set in stone. First overall was announced a little before the draft, so this was not a surprise. Second overall was then quite obvious after, everyone even had him in their mocks. Third and fourth was not really a surprise either during the draft, a lot of mocks had them going there too. It's after that that the mayhem started. Koivu kinda was starting to believe he would go to Buffalo at 6. SFP could have been an option, but they traded their pick during the draft to Winnipeg, for them to draft Jay O'Neil. For Paul then it started to be pretty clear, he would go to Buffalo right there. But no. Buffalo trades their pick to Montreal, and they draft Zayne Dangle. Montreal then picks Ben Jammin, and Manhattan trades for the SFP pick at 8 for Paul. It was quite a crazy outcome! Buffalo had just too much of a good offer that they had to trade away the pick, otherwise Paul was a Stampede.

221 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 10:18 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Daniil Nikiforov has finally gotten a chance to shine by playing on the powerplay this season. It took until he was near 2000 TPE to ever even get the chance to play on the powerplay in Baltimore. He was always stuck behind players like Karl Krashwagen, Ethan Duncan, Elijah Jones, John Forty-One, and others. So finally when he got the chance to play on the powerplay he lead the SHL in scoring. If only he was given the chance to do so early in his career he might be challenging scoring records in Baltimore when the time comes. But now he likely will have to settle for multiple years as a very good player in the SHL. If only he got to play earlier on that top power play unit he'd have been scoring at a higher clip. As the first powerplay is extremely important to getting great point totals in the SHL. But all we can do now is look back and laugh, moving forward is where it is at!

[171 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

ISFL Affiliate Link

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

Pt pass

ISFL PT 33-5

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Prompt 2
The one point in my players career that could’ve changed absolutely everything is if Lenny had to go through a draft as opposed to beginning his career as a free agent rookie. Lenny is a simple fellow, with a lot of good American beliefs, a true patriot who knows when to stand up for what he believes in, no matter what the cost. America first, GED second.

In an alternative universe, Lenny would’ve been scouted by one of the many teams in this league who follow the same beliefs. The power that Lenny could have if he had the locker room leaders who could truly teach him true mental well-being, and link me long lecture videos that can teach me the power of true structured, gated, balanced inclusivity. It sure would be nice to join a locker-room that just absolutely hates anyone who considers themselves one of the many delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand. With that power, I could truly feel alive.

Prompt 2:

The huge difference for me actually happened a season before Pablo came into existence. When my last player Nolan Sawchuk was a free agent the season before he rode off into blissful retirement, I chose to sign with the new expansion Atlanta Inferno team over a couple other teams which would set my next player to play for them again. I could've chosen to stay with the Chicago Syndicate or signed with the Toronto North Stars, both of which would've given me different opportunities for that final season but I instead chose to sign with my friend @Toivo so I could play with him once more with that player. This resulted in me wanting to go back with my newly created player and that thankfully did happen. If I didn't sign in Atlanta then there's a decent chance I'm wearing a different logo on my chest with Pablo come draft night, but I'm glad things played out like they did.

162 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Honestly, if JR didn’t tell me to come back and give the new sim engine a try, I honestly don’t think Ezra Wong would have ever been in the SHL, and I honestly don’t think I would have ever had another player in the SHL if it weren’t for JR reaching out to me. And without all that, I wouldn’t have met some of the people I’ve met on both the Grizzlies and Pride, and I would have forgotten about all the good people I’ve met around here.

If I also didn’t come back now, even if I did come back in another future season, I don’t think I would’ve been able to have built a player properly. I knew nothing about FHM, but the people on both the Grizzlies and Pride have been able to help me so much in my own transition from STHS over to FHM that I’ve been able to at least build a more respectable player now than the first time around I tried with FHM.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal