Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

The major turning point for me is definitely getting double-dipped in Maine during my SMJHL days. I was lucky enough to get picked up by then in waivers and they were an incredible locker room for a complete newbie. I had a ton of questions and the leadership and all the veterans were incredibly helpful. I was sad to have to leave them after the season, but I knew there was a chance I could get drafted by them in the upcoming draft and I secretly hoped that would be my destination. When I heard my name called and that I was going back to Maine, I was elated. Going back to a locker room I was used to, with people I already knew really helped me dive fully into the league. If I was sent to another locker room that wasn't as active or wasn't as helpful, I really wonder how devoted to the league I would've been. Maybe I flame out after a couple seasons? Maybe I become only a moderate earner? I'm just glad I don't have to worry about what would've happened and I'm so thankful that the Timber took a chance on a new create. It's truly shaped my entire SHL tenure so far.

209 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Things would be very different if i was drafted 1st overall like i wanted. I would be in Tampa Bay rather than Buffalo. I would likely have a very different view of the league having interacted daily with people like fitted. Trella would never have become tampa gm. He probably doesnt go to Buffalo in my place, rather maybe Edward Williams goes to Buffalo instead. Jesster race would have been more interesting. Maybe my career isnt as good in tampa. Lots of turmoil but now they are getting good. I wouldnt have a cup yet though. Probably no first team all shl or anything like that. Overall im very happy the draft went the way it did. Lot easier this way. Buffalo got a bargain and the others around me fizzled out. I maybe get traded somewhere. Always wanted to see the rest of the shl. But maybe i save that for a recreate or a journeyman saga in the twilight of my career.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

While I've had a short career there has been a couple pivotal moments that definitely could've gone a little bit better. The main onento me has been this rookie season in the shl. While halfway through I was in the top spots with my fellow rooks, the second half of the season was not very kind and I ended up lagging behind. If only I couldve stepped up my game a lottle bit more, I could've dazzled and shown my true strength. But silver linings. What this means is that next season I can come back twice as hard and redeem myself by helping out my team more and improving my play. And while personally i feel I let down my team, there is still a chance for me to show up for the playoffs and try capturing that elusive 1st round win for our franchise! If the year can end in such a high note, it would still be successful

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

I'm writing about Prompt #1. When Kaapo compares himself with S57 counterpart, he sometimes gets the feeling that he's underachieving. I'm sure it'll sort out in the end, but Kaapo isn't pulling the numbers who an Anton Mihailov, best fantasy points earner in S63. Both of them are S57 centers are both have very different stats on their respective team. Alternate Kaapo comes from an universe where he is the dominant player. When he asks real Kaapo about his production, instead of being disappointed, there's a glimmer of hope in his eyes, perhaps there's a solution to have. You see, alternate Kaapo is so dominant that the pressure has gone to his head. He's by far the best player in the league and it'd be nice to have a worse season, but without all the pressure that comes with it. Real Kaapo suggests they should switch places so real Kaapo can play as usual and deal with the critics, while alternate Kaapo gets to dominate in the SHL and get the glory he's used to getting, but without the added pressure.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:00 AM by Kylrad.)

Prompt 2

Daniel Smeb has probably been my most boring player in terms of what could have been with the draft, fa or being traded or if one thing changed. Being on the same team his whole career and being involved with and helping Chicago management never really left any trade or fa opportunities to emerge so there never really was a what if moment especially compared to my past players with much more interesting what if moments. I supposed the only real change is if I got drafted by another team at the start of my career instead of Chicago, then what would have happened. Maybe if Chicago also struggled after a while and exploded or something or was a management change sooner than maybe I could have been traded or left in FA or something else that could change Daniel Smebs whole career. I also likely would have played more junior seasons if I was not on Chicago

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Prompt 2

So funny enough this prompt is timely for me as I know that if the Platoon did not select me at 6th overall that I was going to be selected at 9th by the Calgary Dragons. Obviously I did not know at the time what would happen down the road, but let’s say the Panthers don’t jump the Platoon at the draft and select Jimmy Wagner instead, leaving me to go to Calgary. I would probably have started off well I would think as I do get along with pretty much everyone and I know a couple of users over there, but seeing how am much younger than their core was, I would probably have asked out around S60 when it was clear I would be good when the team was not. The real question is where I would end up. Perhaps I did end up on the Platoon or maybe the Renegades since there are some users I’m familiar with there. All I know is my career would have ended up significantly worse if the Platoon did not select me and for that I am grateful.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

For Oliver Cleary, the point in time I'd like to ponder is my free agent decision in S57. I had just finished an awful season with the Panthers and was ready for a change. In the end, I knew I had 3 real destinations. Seattle was going to pick me in the expansion draft, Manhattan would have an open spot on the backend if Leppsih was picked and I knew Buffalo had a ton of interest. In the end, Seattle moved my rights to Manhattan and I knew that is where I wanted to go. I always wonder though, what would have happened if I went to Buffalo? They continued to be successful and with another 2K defender on the backend, they could've put themselves about Hamilton. If things were different, I still think I go to Manhattan to be with my friends but I think Buffalo could've brought me a lot more personal success.

Code:
155 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

There are many ways to change where one is, and Joseph Weston went through a change just recently. Joseph Weston was traded from the long time familiar place of the Calgary Dragons and was sent to the Toronto North Stars almost on the other side of the country. It was a wild thing to see happen in reality, and I suppose I would say that this was probably the weird timeline. I feel like the normal timeline that should be the "standard", the "boring" one, would be that no change happened. Maybe in that universe Mike Izzy never steps down after Joseph Weston asks for a trade. But that then leads into questions about applications and punishments so perhaps that's not the best path to go down. But even if they had not come to pass, then I suppose Calgary Dragons would've limped into the last position of playoffs from their division, lost in the first round again, and then who knows how Free Agency would've gone. Who knows.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

PROMPT 2

There are two main times that I can see Jonathon Hagan's career path (and my own site experience, by extension) are at the SHL Entry Draft, and in my period of restricted free agency. The draft is pretty self explanatory. Hagan fell to the 38th pick, being selected by the New England Wolfpack, even though he was a max earner. There were people who could not believe that, and I myself had trouble believing it, despite expecting it. However, this set up for me to become an RFA down the line, as New England did not have the cap space to keep me around, especially since alaska was co-gm at the time and also had a defender.

Enter the RFA period I had. There were several interested teams, and some that were interested, but did not have room. In the end, the choice came down to Calgary and Montreal. Montreal had people and plans that I liked - not to say that Calgary didn't either. Looking back, considering what's transpired, I wouldn't change that decision.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:33 AM by Redderder15.)

Prompt 2

I think that if I wasn't drafted to NL in the S61 SMJHL draft I wouldn't be as motivated and active (well, not so much these days lol) as I was/am. Having a great LR and great rookies on your team will always help, and as someone who didn't really understand the site at first it really helped to have back-to-back-to-back GM of the year winners to ask questions about the site or build advice. Another thing would be the draft class that I'm in. I'm guessing that the other draft classes and their servers are great but the activity and diverse personalities in the S62 one makes it a great place to hang out with or ask for SHL/life advice, or share achievements or how my IRL hockey games go. Overall a great environment in both NL and the S62 class that if I wasn't in, I don't think I'd be as happy or active as I am with the site today.

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:45 AM by Mook.)

Whhops

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Prompt 1

The portal opens and out steps another Lyle Odelein III. This Lyle is almost identical to our Lyle, aside from the goatee, making this new Lyle kind of look like an evil Lyle. The two Lyles decide to have a sit down and ask questions about each other’s life’s. The new Lyle had a much different career than the Lyle we know. ‘Evil’ Lyle has also been playing in the SHL, he has worn the jersey of seven different teams and won 5 Challenge Cups. He has gone to the top contenders every chance he could, playing for personal glory above all. He has made a name for himself as a hired gun, someone to roll into a team that is almost there and help put them over the hump. He has no allegiance and thus no true teammate relationships. Our Lyle has chosen to put his lot in one team, He has done and will do everything for the New Orleans Specters and they will do the same for him. Something other, evil Lyle will never experience.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

This dude on the other side steps through what I thought was a mirror and I was sure I was hallucinating. In hindsight - taking those mushrooms before doing this probably wasn't the best idea but hey - all's well that may or may not end well. I guess we'll find out.

After sorting out the circumstances, I found out that this was Me2 from an alternate universe and our only real difference was that they played defense. This sent my head for a spin as there were few things I'd say were worse than playing defense. I abhorred it. To see someone who looked and sounded just like me appearing to willingly play defense was sickening. I threw up everywhere.

I was able to find some Gravol and after knocking that back and getting the juices flowing again, I came up with a plan. I would go to the alternate universe and figure out who was making Me2 play defense. There was no way someone named Westbroek would voluntarily play defense and I was getting to the bottom of it no matter what.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

okay alright here we go im gonna start this prompt (prompt number two) to talk aobut how my player aleksander kozlov of hte simulation hockey league team known as the tamapa bay barracuda who play in one of hte simulation hocke league conferences and simulation ockey elague diviosns would have been affected if instead of being picked first overall at his simulation hockey league draft by simulation hcokey league team tampa bay barracuda he was picked 2nd overall by toronto. so far playing for hte tampa bay barracuda of hte simulation hocke yelague we win lots of games okay but on the toronto team maybe not who knows so maybe i leagve in free agency if not happy like i am in tampa bay barracuda whole career could be different it would be rcazy idk anyting couldn've been happening to my player alkesander kozlov very exciting. Also if i went 2ns overall instead whoever went first probably would have sucekd compared to me and maybe tampa would be worse off than they are now

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

For me, it's probably pretty easy to say there's a lot of things that could have easily been different. I went 34th overall in the SMJHL draft despite at the time being #1 in TPE and a veteran recreate. Many different teams could have selected me. But what is most interesting "what if" is if I had been picked by a team that didn't have a chance to pick me. At 35th overall the Nevada Battleborn would make their first pick of the S61 SMJHL draft. 1 selection after I was taken. Prior to my being picked I had got messages from jess, the GM, that they were interested in drafting me. Instead, I went to Kelowna at 34th and Nevada ended up with Lonley Stagan, who is inactive and under 300 TPE. Despite that Nevada still topped their division this season, but imagine if Kelowna had passed on me at 34 (they had several picks before that as well and didn't pick me), it would certainly be a big boost to Nevada had they been able to select me. Capped at 425 TPE, 36+ points from the blueline each season, strong advanced stats. Would certainly be a big boost to a team that is already guaranteed a spot in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]