Create Account

New SHL Commissioner

Yikes all this negativity on @James Truong birthday. Instead of being so negative let's all take the time to wish the league's biggest flirt a happy birthday!

!hb

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

pls be april fools

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

02-15-2022, 08:02 PMvisceralpotamus Wrote: Yikes all this negativity on @James Truong birthday. Instead of being so negative let's all take the time to wish the league's biggest flirt a happy birthday!

!hb

@leviadan is leagues biggest flirt

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

*Clap CLAP*

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

02-15-2022, 08:02 PMvisceralpotamus Wrote: Yikes all this negativity on @James Truong birthday. Instead of being so negative let's all take the time to wish the league's biggest flirt a happy birthday!

!hb

Agreed! Happy birthday @James Truong! Let's get rid of all the negativity as a birthday gift!

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

I cannot believe @BenDover turned this job down

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

02-15-2022, 07:47 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
02-15-2022, 07:44 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Good hire imo Lee cares about the site a lot and I'm glad the owners made the tough decision to hire him

Oh shut the fuck up idiot.

I am being harrassed

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

02-15-2022, 08:09 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
02-15-2022, 07:47 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Oh shut the fuck up idiot.

I am being harrassed
Good

[Image: Jepox.gif]

congratulations let me change my name back

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Touch some grass people

[Image: gurbs.gif]

02-15-2022, 07:53 PMtrella Wrote:
02-15-2022, 07:52 PMCampinKiller Wrote: What crawled up your ass this afternoon dude?
That’s literally how he acts all the time idk why you’re surprised. He’s one of the reasons i stepped down lmao

This gave me a good laugh. We shared like one season in GM chat and barely talked to each other. You called me out for tampering which was easily disproven and then you packed a sad.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Prompt 2

The Franchise Hockey Manager system does a pretty decent job of mimicking the game of hockey in a simulation format. At the very least, I can tell that the developers have actually seen a game of hockey before, unlike the developers of other sim engines used in sim leagues across the community (Wolverine Studios, ugh). My biggest issue with how the sim treats the game of hockey is in how it looks at goalies and goalie performance. Goalies obviously have attributes, same as skaters, but those attributes seem to have little impact in their actual performance in the game, at least in terms of current attribute limits used now. Goalies with near-max attribute struggle, while those with relatively low attributes can dominate as long as the team around them is strong. This of course does happen in real life, but not to this extent. Goalies then become little more than a barometer of the overall team strength, which isn't very compelling to the user base. There is also the way the system treats goals per game, where it tries to normalize the GAA averages across the league so they aren't too high, or too low. If you're on a bad team, your goalie could have a very high SV% because it faces a tremendous amount of shots, but also a very high GAA as well, given the amount of those shots. There has to be a better way to balance this and make it more true-to-life.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

02-15-2022, 08:07 PMmarco999 Wrote:

!hb

Agreed! Happy birthday @James Truong! Let's get rid of all the negativity as a birthday gift!
Lol who the fuck are you? Apart from the guy who is addicted to olympic curling that is

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

02-15-2022, 08:19 PMArkz Wrote: Prompt 2

The Franchise Hockey Manager system does a pretty decent job of mimicking the game of hockey in a simulation format. At the very least, I can tell that the developers have actually seen a game of hockey before, unlike the developers of other sim engines used in sim leagues across the community (Wolverine Studios, ugh). My biggest issue with how the sim treats the game of hockey is in how it looks at goalies and goalie performance. Goalies obviously have attributes, same as skaters, but those attributes seem to have little impact in their actual performance in the game, at least in terms of current attribute limits used now. Goalies with near-max attribute struggle, while those with relatively low attributes can dominate as long as the team around them is strong. This of course does happen in real life, but not to this extent. Goalies then become little more than a barometer of the overall team strength, which isn't very compelling to the user base. There is also the way the system treats goals per game, where it tries to normalize the GAA averages across the league so they aren't too high, or too low. If you're on a bad team, your goalie could have a very high SV% because it faces a tremendous amount of shots, but also a very high GAA as well, given the amount of those shots. There has to be a better way to balance this and make it more true-to-life.
Thank you for your suggestion, we will do nothing. Please suck eggs.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Well congrats to finn! I hope you do a great job and help lead the league forward onto green pastures

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]