Create Account

[VSN] A Fresh Start And A Message to the SHL

Dear League,

I have decided to break my silence once again and tell the full story of what happened between myself and Mike Izzy, due to drama previously clogging my previous thread (I'm looking at you SabresFan), as I want the league to know the truth, and how we as a league can learn and improve during situations like these and make sure they never happen again.

February 6th, 2022. A day that will forever live in infamy in my mind. I woke up to the news that Mike Izzy, former GM of Calgary, was going to be punished for harassment to head office members. That alone would be enough to poison a river but was not even close to what would happen moments later, Izzy would blame me for his punishment, despite me not knowing at this time it was his undoing. I also was an applicant at the time for the GM position at CGY, we had a tradition of preferring in-house hires, and I was one of two who were up for the position. DC had to take down his application due to out-of-league reasons, which meant that I was a seemingly obvious pick for GM, right? I jumped the gun on announcing that I was going to take over GMing Calgary, 3 days before the deadline for applications, and not realizing that my days in Calgary, and possibly the league, were numbered.

When I revealed about when Izzy harassed me in discord dm's, he told me that I "needed" to stand up to him, but what he did to me was something that I would never forgive so easily, and it caused me to cry for a good chunk of the day due to the mental and emotional damage I have received due to Izzy's comments. There was also another part of the story I did not release over fears of retaliation, there was a secret war room in CGY where all stuff was "ran" until a new GM got named, it consisted of Myself, Katth, Esa, Muerto, and DC. Just before I could tell the "war room" about my impending announcement of resignation from applying from GMing Calgary, I told Jess that it was time to revoke the application, and then I broke the news to the war room, they were all disgusted and filled with anger after what I revealed, and once again, told me to stand up for the man that mentally harassed me for several months. I was not even comfortable telling Muerto that I wanted out, so I just told Head Office about the situation. What I need was a fresh start.

What happened was a turbulent few hours for me, of waiting and responding due to the outpouring of support after I let the cat out of the bag on what happened with me. Then Nour contacted me and told me what was going to happen and that I was going to be on CGY's roster for the rest of the season, and that several teams were going to talk to me about a potential trade. I've spoken to BadWolf of Toronto, and Joe K of New Orleans, and both seemed like good destinations, and then, I was told that someone managed to outbid them for my rights. After taking a quick nap to ease the mental pain of what I went through earlier, my phone rang: It was Boom, GM of the Edmonton Blizzard, and she sent me the message that would change my day, and possibly my entire time in SHL around: "Hey hey. I presume you’ve been informed of the circumstances. Just waiting on the trade to be approved and then we’ll be able to get you in the LR, welcome to Edmonton".

I was welcomed into Edmonton with open arms, something I have not felt in an online setting in a while, knowing how hard it is living with mental health issues and autism. I'm glad that I was able to get a new start in Edmonton, and I hope that this clears the waters a bit about what happened over in Calgary, they still have solid people on that team and that with the right leadership can turn around the organization and labels they had since Izzy joined the team. I do not hate Calgary at all, I just needed a new start after what happened with Izzy, and I hope and pray that this works out for the better.

I would also like to thank you to those who reached out to me in my times of need. You all have shown that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel and that support can go a long way in leagues like this. I hope we can all learn something from what happened so we can not let this moment in league history repeat itself, we need to learn how to better in this league and learn how to be more comfortable about telling stories like this. This is how we improve not only as a league but as a community.

I leave on this note:

Don't be afraid to speak the truth.

Have a great rest of your day/night, and god bless.

-ValorX77
(885 Words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I don't mean to be rude but it seems like you keep bringing it up when it's past and I might be missing something but there's no new information here or anything? If you're just going for the media money though, power to you.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

02-22-2022, 04:33 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: I don't mean to be rude but it seems like you keep bringing it up when it's past and I might be missing something but there's no new information here or anything? If you're just going for the media money though, power to you.
For clarification:
I wanted to get this out there as a reminder to make sure we improve not only as a league but also as individuals. We still have a lot to do, and I have faith in this league to make the necessary changes.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Glad to have you with us and feeling good!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

Power to you Valor, happy to have you as a teammate in Edmonton!

I hope you can stop accusing Calgary Dragons of not welcoming you. You were treated as an equal member of the team and your contributions in the LR and with things like scouting were always appreciated. We were fully prepared to support you if you were indeed named GM. Giving you full discord permissions was the first thing we did when Izzy stepped down, because all members deserve to be included. When you asked to be traded AFTER the TDL, your wishes were accommodated.

Nobody has ever said Izzy was right to say what he did, or that he did not deserve his suspension. Hate on Izzy all you want if that's what makes you feel better but it's getting old that you act like you were never welcomed in Calgary.

Best of luck in Edmonton, I hope you have the experience you are seeking.

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Thanks for the slander and good luck in Edmonton.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Oh hey I saw this one

This act is getting old

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

02-23-2022, 03:47 AMKatth Wrote: Thanks for the slander and good luck in Edmonton.

actually its libel if its written

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate