Create Account

Be Safe

02-24-2022, 08:39 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Well said Darian.

Additionally, I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF. I know it doesnt mean much, but a nation that displays this much carelessness for peace and the general well being of the world at large, as well as the interests of its own people, should not be represented in this league. Russia, and what the nation represents, has no place in this league.

If we set this precedence we should delete the us too

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

This is terrible. We in Latvia are also very scared of this situation and stand up for justice in the world. Innocent people do not have to suffer. If there is a Ukrainian here, I would like to wish you endurance in these gloomy times and stay safe. #prayforukraineandstopthewar

In the SHL IIHF Russia's 8 year history, they've never tried to senselessly appropriate another IIHF team's history unto themselves while eliminating innocent players on that team as an act of war. Until that statement is false, there's no need to even discuss that.

More importantly, I wish peace and safety to all in Ukraine.

02-24-2022, 11:06 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:

Additionally, I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF. I know it doesnt mean much, but a nation that displays this much carelessness for peace and the general well being of the world at large, as well as the interests of its own people, should not be represented in this league. Russia, and what the nation represents, has no place in this league.

this but unironically

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

02-24-2022, 10:48 AMtrella Wrote:

disagree by this logic pretty much every country should be removed since theyve all committed and still commit atrocities

I'm not aware of anything bad that Great Britain has ever done?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

02-24-2022, 11:38 AMslothfacekilla Wrote:
02-24-2022, 10:48 AMtrella Wrote: disagree by this logic pretty much every country should be removed since theyve all committed and still commit atrocities

I'm not aware of anything bad that Great Britain has ever done?

Beans on toast

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

02-24-2022, 11:37 AMsköldpaddor Wrote:
02-24-2022, 11:06 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: If we set this precedence we should delete the us too

this but unironically

@Geekusoid I'm sorry, little one

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

02-24-2022, 11:49 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
02-24-2022, 11:37 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: this but unironically

@Geekusoid  I'm sorry, little one

I don't actually think we should delete anyone tbh but if the actual real world Olympics can figure out a way to sanction a nation while still allowing innocent athletes to participate surely we could figure something out for fake hockey.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

02-24-2022, 11:52 AMsköldpaddor Wrote:
02-24-2022, 11:49 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: @Geekusoid  I'm sorry, little one

I don't actually think we should delete anyone tbh but if the actual real world Olympics can figure out a way to sanction a nation while still allowing innocent athletes to participate surely we could figure something out for fake hockey.

who are we punishing though? and why?
If anything it should be up to Team Russia how to move forward in light of recent events.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

Some pretty terrible takes in this thread. Honestly, I am pretty disappointed.

Plenty of countries have done terrible things, and still do. That doesn't justify Putins actions. Thats a weak ass excuse. Most of the world has agreed to move past what Russia is and has been doing to the Ukraine since 2014. The Russian state has showed that it wants to descend back into some absurd neo-barbarian frame of mind where national conquest is still the most lofty achievement a nation can aspire to.

You wouldn't allow Germany to use a swastika on their IIHF teams logo, even though no Germans or German players on this site have ever taken part in the atrocities of that regime. It is not the general populous that we abhor, its the symbol and what it stands for that we take issue with. The Russian federation has showed over and over again that it does not respect the sovereignty of other nations nor international law. The Russian flag is not a symbol of its people, its a symbol of a vile, corrupt and tyrannical dictator and his close knit group of oligarch friends. That is what the flag represents. It stopped representing the people of that nation as soon as what little democracy they had in Russia died. It stopped representing the people of Russia when Putin became head of state for life.

For Gods sake, Putin has literally just ordered the deaths of thousands of people for nothing more than strengthening his personal image and his legacy AND he is currently holding the world hostage with threats of nuclear war and there are people that take issue with distancing our league from this? Some of you took so much offence to what Talls recently did that you pushed him off the site, but having fictional hockey players represent a country that has a 21st century Hitler as its head of state is okay? I think its time to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Maybe its because the majority of users on this site are North American, but to the majority of Europeans right now, that flag represents nothing but fear and death. It represents the illusions of grandeur of one of the most deranged leaders in recent history who has shown that he is willing to set the world ablaze to satisfy his personal pride. If we are so concerned with making people feel comfortable and welcome in this league I don't think we need that represented here. Let Russia play as the OAR.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Russians in the Olympics are literally playing for the Russian Olympic Committee and not for Russia itself and can't use the flag, name or hymn, how are some people reacting so stiffly to the idea that we could do the same

[Image: lespoils.gif]

02-24-2022, 11:06 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:

Only if we delete you too

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

02-24-2022, 12:02 PMThatguy91 Wrote: Some pretty terrible takes in this thread. Honestly, I am pretty disappointed.

Plenty of countries have done terrible things, and still do. That doesn't justify Putins actions. Thats a weak ass excuse. Most of the world has agreed to move past what Russia is and has been doing to the Ukraine since 2014. The Russian state has showed that it wants to descend back into some absurd neo-barbarian frame of mind where national conquest is still the most lofty achievement a nation can aspire to.

You wouldn't allow Germany to use a swastika on their IIHF teams logo, even though no Germans or German players on this site have ever taken part in the atrocities of that regime. It is not the general populous that we abhor, its the symbol and what it stands for that we take issue with. The Russian federation has showed over and over again that it does not respect the sovereignty of other nations nor international law. The Russian flag is not a symbol of its people, its a symbol of a vile, corrupt and tyrannical dictator and his close knit group of oligarch friends. That is what the flag represents. It stopped representing the people of that nation as soon as what little democracy they had in Russia died. It stopped representing the people of Russia when Putin became head of state for life.

For Gods sake, Putin has literally just ordered the deaths of thousands of people for nothing more than strengthening his personal image and his legacy AND he is currently holding the world hostage with threats of nuclear war and there are people that take issue with distancing our league from this? Some of you took so much offence to what Talls recently did that you pushed him off the site, but having fictional hockey players represent a country that has a 21st century Hitler as its head of state is okay? I think its time to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Maybe its because the majority of users on this site are North American, but to the majority of Europeans right now, that flag represents nothing but fear and death. It represents the illusions of grandeur of one of the most deranged leaders in recent history who has shown that he is willing to set the world ablaze to satisfy his personal pride. If we are so concerned with making people feel comfortable and welcome in this league I don't think we need that represented here. Let Russia play as the OAR.
Nobody here is disagreeing with you. But to punish the users on Team Russia for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them is silly and unfair.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I fail to see how making them change the name of their fictional IIHF team is punishing them, unless they actively support what Russia is doing.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

@Thatguy91 you literally said we should ban the team from taking part in IIHF lmfao

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM