Create Account

Be Safe

Honestly pretty shameful to turn a general well wishing post for real happenings into a fictional IIHF league debate. It's not even offseason yet, save the shitposting for a week.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

02-24-2022, 01:06 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: OK Russia and the US is out of the IIHF, who's next?

Um.  No.

02-24-2022, 01:15 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: Honestly pretty shameful to turn a general well wishing post for real happenings into a fictional IIHF league debate. It's not even offseason yet, save the shitposting for a week.

This. How about someone with powers move these to a seperate thread.

02-24-2022, 01:15 PMThatguy91 Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:42 PMtrella Wrote: “ I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF”

You said this with no allusion to you wanting to simply rename the team. I’m not gonna argue with you because I think that renaming the team would be fine. But don’t get mad at people and go on a rant about how horrible we are because your words weren’t clear.

My words were plenty clear, you just interpreted them wrong. That doesn't make me wrong. Russia is banned from the olympics but the Russian Athletes can still participate. Even though Russia is banned. Because Russia is the state. Not the people.

@luke - if you truely think this is about patting yourself on the back then I dont know what to tell you. We accept this arguement when its aimed at removing, for example, distasteful names in the league but making the same argument about a symbol is somehow pandering for likes?

@RainDelay - Why make Cal Covid change his name? Why get up in arms about Lesgo Brandon and call for his name to be changed? Its the same arguement but because it doesn't apply to American politics I guess it just isn't a valid concern.

It may not matter to either of you but it matters to some people, myself included. Just because it doesn't matter to you personally doesn't mean its a worthless change.

Like Lespoils already said, Russia is already banned in the olympics, I dont see how this is so offensive to so many users.

To be fair, I had no idea about cal Covid or Letsgo Brandon. Changing the name of Russia isn’t offensive at all, from what point in my post did you gather I was saying it’s offensive? I’d be in favor of a change if it happened. I personally just don’t think it is *necessary*.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

02-24-2022, 01:42 PMRainDelay Wrote:
02-24-2022, 01:15 PMThatguy91 Wrote: My words were plenty clear, you just interpreted them wrong. That doesn't make me wrong. Russia is banned from the olympics but the Russian Athletes can still participate. Even though Russia is banned. Because Russia is the state. Not the people.

@luke - if you truely think this is about patting yourself on the back then I dont know what to tell you. We accept this arguement when its aimed at removing, for example, distasteful names in the league but making the same argument about a symbol is somehow pandering for likes?

@RainDelay - Why make Cal Covid change his name? Why get up in arms about Lesgo Brandon and call for his name to be changed? Its the same arguement but because it doesn't apply to American politics I guess it just isn't a valid concern.

It may not matter to either of you but it matters to some people, myself included. Just because it doesn't matter to you personally doesn't mean its a worthless change.

Like Lespoils already said, Russia is already banned in the olympics, I dont see how this is so offensive to so many users.

To be fair, I had no idea about cal Covid or Letsgo Brandon. Changing the name of Russia isn’t offensive at all, from what point in my post did you gather I was saying it’s offensive? I’d be in favor of a change if it happened. I personally just don’t think it is *necessary*.

for reference, Cal is Name Redacted and Lesgo Brandon hasnt changed his name.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

The people of Russia did not choose to invade Ukraine. Slants on them or their country is not fair. Such mode of thought would align with “ban Americans because the United States bailed on the Afghani peoples”. We need to be smarter than this.

Btw, hi. Im new here.

02-24-2022, 02:10 PMNOLA Wrote: The people of Russia did not choose to invade Ukraine. Slants on them or their country is not fair. Such mode of thought would align with “ban Americans because the United States bailed on the Afghani peoples”.  We need to be smarter than this.

Btw, hi. Im new here.

welcome, you'll fit right in

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Holy shit this thread.

Everyone in affected areas please be safe. Hoping for a quick end with no more loss of life. This is so terrible and senseless.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 02:41 PM by luke.)

02-24-2022, 01:15 PMThatguy91 Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:42 PMtrella Wrote: “ I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF”

You said this with no allusion to you wanting to simply rename the team. I’m not gonna argue with you because I think that renaming the team would be fine. But don’t get mad at people and go on a rant about how horrible we are because your words weren’t clear.

My words were plenty clear, you just interpreted them wrong. That doesn't make me wrong. Russia is banned from the olympics but the Russian Athletes can still participate. Even though Russia is banned. Because Russia is the state. Not the people.

It’s just performative if we change the name. I don’t agree with making Cal change his name or Letsgobrandon from changing his. What I did care about was something like cumharvester because it’s just a name that shouldn’t be here. If we change the name to Russia to ROC or whatever, it still says Russian Olympic Committee. It’s just a name. No one on team Russia is cheering for the destruction of the Ukraine. It’s just a fake sim league.

Idk why this thread is on why Russia should be banned or changed the name. It’s about sympathy for the Ukrainian people.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-24-2022, 02:39 PMluke Wrote: Idk why this thread is on why Russia should be banned or changed the name. It’s about sympathy for the Ukrainian people.

This 100%

02-24-2022, 02:39 PMluke Wrote: Idk why this thread is on why Russia should be banned or changed the name. It’s about sympathy for the Ukrainian people.

Maybe because banning it would have been an easy way to show support and sympathy but some of y'all got all up in here saying it's not going to matter so I guess we'll just... do nothing but keep saying "thoughts and prayers"?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Czechia for gold

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

02-24-2022, 02:54 PMlespoils Wrote:

Maybe because banning it would have been an easy way to show support and sympathy but some of y'all got all up in here saying it's not going to matter so I guess we'll just... do nothing but keep saying "thoughts and prayers"?

...because banning a fake iteration of the country with fake and real people who are not remotely involved shows more support than "thoughts and prayers"?

I think we should ban @"luketd"

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

I’m Estonian, so the whole conflict and how it has played out hits very close to home, us also being neighbors of Russia. I am very worried that if Putin succeeds in his plans with Ukraine, the Baltic states may well be next on his plate, even if we are NATO states and EU members. 

I wish cool heads to everyone involved. I hope that you and your loved ones and everyone around you manages to come out of it unscathed, as much as it is even possible under these circumstances. And while my mind has a hard time believing so, I hope that somehow this thing will not evolve into an even bigger catastrophe than it already is.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31