Create Account

Jimmy Slothface retires

Well I originally wanted to play 1000 games with Jimmy, but it has been a real struggle to find any motivation to do anything SHL related lately.  I can't even bring myself to complete CW so it is just best to call it here I think.  With LAP reaching the finals and losing to Hamilton in a close-ish series, that feels like as good as it is going to get as far as success so I guess I am going out "on top" with how the SHL is now.

I wanted Jimmy to be a sniper when I signed up but largely he's just been a mediocre complimentary piece.  He had a long career at least:
912 SHL regular season games played
809 points (330 goals and 479 assists)
+139
1032 hits
2877 shots taken
514 shots blocked
0 fights after adding fighting this season

Who knows how he was in the playoffs, though it would be cool to be able to look these up quickly without me maintaining my own Google sheet. He was nominated twice for the Adam Richan most improved award.  Won the President's Trophy with NOLA in S51.  Won a cup with NOLA in 54.  Won the Ron Mexico award as league MVP in S57 (and was also a second team all star that season).  All star in S60.  Jimmy set the FHM 66 game power play goal record for a single season in S57. So I guess he left his mark a little bit.  If anything Jimmy did well internationally: 1 WJC Bronze; 4 time gold medal winner, 7 time silver medal winner, 1 time bronze medal winner.

I really did not know what to expect when I signed up for this over three years ago.  I've met some great people and have some memories that I will cherish forever.  I won't name anyone individually since I know I would forget deserving people, but I appreciate anyone I met and hung out with in my time in Halifax, Vancouver, New Orleans, Los Angeles, and Great Britain.  The people are the best thing about sim leagues so I am very grateful I met so many great people.  I can't say I ever expected to go to a SHLer's wedding but I am glad it worked out this way.  I feel like I've given a decent amount to the league in my various jobs but overall I'll always think back to the people I've met.

Oddly enough this is making me way more sad than I thought it would.  A little embarrassing to say but I cried writing this up.  As I type this I'm second guessing whether this is a good idea or not, but deep down I know it is. Jimmy and the SHL have been a big part of my life these past years and it feels weird that it is ending.  But I also am feeling sad because part of the reason I'm retiring is because the fun is just gone.  I really loved the SHL for a bit but I don't feel anything near that these days.  I have no idea if I'll recreate or not but hopefully I'll see you all around on discord if I don't.  At the very least a little break seems smart for me.

Thanks for the great memories SHL, I really did feel like the community accepted me and Jimmy for the most part. Please treat each other well, I think sometimes we forget that we're all just people trying to have some dumb fun (I know I'm guilty of it too). Don't be a stranger if you see me on discord Heart

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Congrats on the good career sloth, hope to see you back in the league sometime

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Great career. Jimmy will be missed in LA Panthers

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

helluva career, glad i could get you that first cup Wink

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Halifax Raiders legend.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Legend. Hope we get to play together again someday

Oh slothman my slothman o7

This makes me so sad. Much love sloth, have so enjoyed playing on a team with you and hope we continue to cross paths going forward<3 Panthers Panthers

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Yo what a shit couple of days. I'm glad you in PBE still man <3

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Sloth, you are one of a kind.  I'm lucky to have been able to spend time a whole lot of my time in sim leagues sharing a locker room with you.  Thank you for being the best teammate a guy could have.  

Don't be a stranger and hopefully, one day, we'll be reunited on another team...

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

It's been an honor, sloth. Thanks for everything <3

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Stick taps on the HOF career, I think you’re feeling how a majority of the league is feeling. Wish you well in the future

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Love you, man.

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

stick taps my good friend.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

not allowed  Sad