Create Account

S64 PT #1: All or Nothing

prompt two

mitchell van der heijden of the simulation hockey league's reigning champions hamilton steelhawks (located in hamilton ontario canada where canada is) has never really been known as a simulation hockey league player who openly seeks out the tele vision (or television or tv) camera. sure he'll do pre and post and league mandated press and such but mitchell van der heijden of the simulation hockey league's reigning champion hamilton steelhawls dislikes to be filmed. he is a big fan of formula one drive to survive which is a netflix television show that is very popular and he was a big fan of kimi raikkonen who was barely in the show so he decided to pull the kimi approach and not say anything or wear sunglasses so as to not be filmed as much since he wasn't giving juicy tidbits or whatever. he hates cameras anyway

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Montreal Patriotes making huge deals selling the team to emphasize rebuilding. Built upon the prospect pool of Mads McBride, Johnny Patey, Shylo Moxii, Brick Wall, Alexander MacKenzie, Gordie Goodenough, Vadim Askerov, Connor O'Byrne, Marek Skoda, Malach Skoda, Bilbo Baggins, Robert Helvetica, Dan King, Ike Broflovsky, and James James. The future, it is very bright for this organization. As much as it pains us to see how the team is now. We will not run for a cup for a good 3-4 more seasons. That gap in S67 and beyond is the key for win we pride for cup runs. Losing Stan Din'desque is a huge essential loss, but gaining back a stud defenseman in Johnny Patey was key, and banging out a couple of forward picks in Mads McBride and Shylo Moxii this year essentially set a tone of being the prospect pool to beat for the future with steal pick in Dan King. We are set in stone as a full on rebuild. Hoping to bring in some more successful stars in the S65 draft as well.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

PP graphic https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...erview.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Hockey Prompt:

This year’s Blizzard team has something for everyone to enjoy! Our forward department has a brand new member on the team this season, the lovely Videl Valor! She has been a blessing to the team so far and will make a huge impact to Edmonton this season. Do not forget about our other players, such as our captain Kyle Sutton, and younger members such as Markus Jaeger! Our defense also has a new member, the striking Vincent Fox! We also have some sweet veterans at our defense too, such as Kaampo Kaapenen, and RESO! We also have a big storyline at goalie too, with Tyler Ward continuing to age, will he continue to be the reliable starting goalie he always has been, or will he falter? Like I said earlier, Edmonton has something for everyone in the family to enjoy, so why not we make this agreement happen and make a documentary on this team?
(156 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Code:
Written Task: Tell the executive everything about your team going in to S64 and why the world should care. What are the story lines developing on your roster this season? Is this a season where your team is all in on the cup? Has there been a big trade or free agent signing? Maybe this is a season full of new fresh young guns? What stories would a TV show covering your team this season need to capture? (150+ words)

This is the year the Argo’s make themselves known. We have three very promising rookies in Landon Fischermann, Max Manning and Willie Miller. One at each position. It is quite an amazing position to be in. There is a lot remaining in Seattle to build off of. After a disappointing finish we are ready to take the entire thing. Los Angeles may have taken it almost to the end last season, but this year Seattle won’t only dominate the regular season, we are going to take the entire thing. It is time for a new King to reign, and this is the Argonauts time. With the mix of veterans who are primed to pounce, and the rookies who are hungry and ready to prove themselves, I can promise you there is no holding this team back. It is Challenge Cup or bust for us this year, and we are about to make entire league start hating the Seattle Argonauts.

159 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

WSBL Affiliate
(please note my username over there is Dogmatist; this difference is also noted in my signature on both sites)

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

I'm not sure this fits into the theme of the task completely but does it have to be a documentary-style series as you describe it or couldn't it actually be something fictional that is done in cooperation with the SHL or a specific franchise? I dunno, like a TV show about hockey and the various struggles that players in the people and the sport in general can have, but centered about fictional characters so that you have some freedom in telling the stories and to create some suspense so that nobody actually knows what's gonna happen? If it had to be something more realistic however, then for the Dragons I'd say it would have to be about meeting some really towering expectations. As maybe the most historic franchise in the league with countless hardware in the trophy case and some of the best players and GM playing for or coaching them, there is so much glory in the past that it can be tough for every current players who comes to the team to live up to that, especially now that the team has hit a bit of a rebuild and now both the fans and the front office personnel have to live with and learn how it is to not be a contender anymore for the first while in a long time. That combined with the still huge expectations that come with a past like the Dragons can put some enormous pressure on everyone, from rookies to veteran team leaders and I think that could be an exciting story to follow for a TV Crew.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Written Task: Tell the executive everything about your team going in to S64 and why the world should care. What are the story lines developing on your roster this season? Is this a season where your team is all in on the cup? Has there been a big trade or free agent signing? Maybe this is a season full of new fresh young guns? What stories would a TV show covering your team this season need to capture? (150+ words)

"I'm thrilled to be trapped in this elevator with you Mr. Spielberg! I've got a great idea for a show where you follow my team, the Anchorage Armada, throughout the up coming season. Relax and I'll tell you all about us. We've got an amazing bunch of rookie coconuts that joined our team this season. A half dozen cool ranch lunatics if you will. First to join us was right winger Leon Lokitonov at 2nd overall. Shortly after another right winger, Ricky Koivu at 12th overall who comes from the infamous Koivu hockey family joined the team. The 3rd round Armada loaded up on wingers with Chase Yardley Jr. Finally defense was addressed with Sam McMuffin in the 4th round. While center got a lot deeper with Luka Magic. This of course doesn't even cover the sophomores and vets who will be playing their final season for the boats. You should definitely call my agent, I've didn't even get into our goaltending!"

[ 169 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT

So, at long last, one of the big streaming services has decided to pay some attention to the Minnesota Monarchs.  There are a number of players on the Monarchs who deserve to be profiled for all their diligent work and contributions to the SHL over the years.  However I (Rinky McDangle) am not one of them.  It's not that I haven't had some success, both in the SHL and the SMJHL.  I just don't like being a centerpiece or have much public attention paid to me.  I can't miss practice, and I have to participate in most team activities as I am contractually obliged to do so.  So what can I do to deflect some of this unwanted attention ?  Having consulted with my Zen mentor, it was suggested that I "do a Tortorella".  That means I answer everything in monosyllables and am generally grouchy to all journalist types.  Never leak a word about the team or yourself personally.  That might work.....or will it backfire and promote more attention by being a "colorful" personality ?

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Holden Steady is notorious for avoiding any form of notoriety, he much prefers to keep quiet and avoid attention. Leading up to and after the draft, he was, of course, involved in a lot of interviews on and off camera, which were not his strong suit at all. Under normal circumstances, Steady likes to allow other teammates to take the intermission interviews and things like that. His main method is to hype up the work of his teammates - make them look good, give them the credit, and then they're the ones who have to deal with a camera and microphone in their face. It's sort of self-serving, but the other guys (mostly) appreciate it.
When he's out on the street, Holden keeps a low profile with the Hollywood classic - large, dark sunglasses. They're helpful to hide the near-constant black eyes that Steady has from blocking shots, anyway. Couple that with a change into street clothes, and nobody suspects that there is a professional athlete walking among them at Target buying extra strength antiperspirant.

Code:
Does your player like being filmed? Are you a limelight seeker, or a player that prefers to be left alone? If it's the former, what kind of shenanigans are you pulling to ensure you get a ton of screen time in the final edit? If you're the latter, what clever maneuvers do you pull to keep yourself off of camera? A disguise? A convenient excuse? (150+ words).

Strom isn't a huge spotlight seeker.  Most would think goalies are prima donnas, but not Strom.  Aside from sports network filming during games, which obviously he can't duck, dodge, dip, dive, or duck...one of Strom's favorite ways of dodging camera crews is to seek out the personal trainer for a dip in the cryo chamber.  Not only is it good for anti-inflammatory purposes, but its also a good 10 to 15 minutes of peace away from prying eyes of the media.  When that isn't available, there's always the tried and true method of "I need to use the restroom", excuse.  I have yet to see a set of media willing to follow someone into the bathroom to invade privacy.  So far, over thirteen seasons that has worked out pretty well.  So much in fact, its become sort of a running joke in the Barracuda locker room.  Almost like a "where's Waldo"...except its "Where's the goalie".  As all good things though, eventually it probably won't work as there will be some reporter brazen enough to follow him to places they shouldn't be.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

PROMPT 1
Being a big fan of Netflix's Drive to Survive (which I think is the inspiration for this PT prompt, but I may be mistaken), Kaapo Kampainen immediately starts pitching an idea to the executive. The Edmonton Blizzard are in a prime spot right now for a television show covering their season. Their last two seasons have been tough after a cinderella run to the Western Conference Finals, but with a rebuild underway, the team is bound to get better and better for a while. With lots of exciting new players to watch, the show could follow their career and give them legions of fans. The locker room also has some interesting veterans in the twilight of their careers who could give an interesting perspective to the show. Last but not least, the Blizzard is also home to a number of animal species who play hockey. While this is really interesting, it could also raise some awareness about animal rights and the like, perfect for this type of show.

168 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

This season we do not need to go very far to find a few good story lines that would make "must watch tv" anywhere in the world. Coming out of another championship win, the Hamilton Steelhawks have a few roster changes to try and run the table again. And the word on the street is that the portuguese phenom Jay Cue is more than used to the spotlights, so why not follow him around during the next season to check the ups and downs, the wins, the losses, the locker room problems that may arise... who does not love to be able to look inside the franchises in an all access show? Remember the Road to Glory show that was a part of the story in an old Madden game? Something similar would be fantastic, but for hockey. And being Cue a part of perhaps the most successful team ever to grace the SHL, the ratings would go through the roof for sure. Money!

(164 words)