Create Account

Remove or Adjust the Juniors Cap

04-07-2022, 08:11 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
04-06-2022, 01:52 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Can you DM me the numbers you’ve got on TPE inflation?

I don't have numbers other than anecdotally. Once people started earning 15+ TPE a week things got out of whack.
Okay, no data. Got it.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

04-07-2022, 09:17 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-07-2022, 08:11 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote: I don't have numbers other than anecdotally. Once people started earning 15+ TPE a week things got out of whack.
Okay, no data. Got it.

Well i mean, didn't it use to be super rare to hit 2k and now people has hit 2300 in the same timespan?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-07-2022, 09:37 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
04-07-2022, 09:17 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Okay, no data. Got it.

Well i mean, didn't it use to be super rare to hit 2k and now people has hit 2300 in the same timespan?
Yes. And previous HO groups have made adjustments to address that and we will continue to monitor and adjust TPE payouts. But we don’t make those decisions on feelings or anecdotal evidence.

04-07-2022, 09:42 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-07-2022, 09:37 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Well i mean, didn't it use to be super rare to hit 2k and now people has hit 2300 in the same timespan?
Yes. And previous HO groups have made adjustments to address that and we will continue to monitor and adjust TPE payouts. But we don’t make those decisions on feelings or anecdotal evidence.

OK so then you already have the data and know there has been an increase, so no need for him to send any more data. Smile

04-07-2022, 09:45 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
04-07-2022, 09:42 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Yes. And previous HO groups have made adjustments to address that and we will continue to monitor and adjust TPE payouts. But we don’t make those decisions on feelings or anecdotal evidence.

OK so then you already have the data and know there has been an increase, so no need for him to send any more data. Smile

Word.

2k TPE was absolutely unheard of. When I started, even 1k was unheard of. You don't need hard SPSS-level data to know that having 1100 TPE made a superstar player in the past and barely being a serviceable player at 1300 TPE now is a significant difference.

04-07-2022, 09:53 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
04-07-2022, 09:45 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: OK so then you already have the data and know there has been an increase, so no need for him to send any more data. Smile

Word.

2k TPE was absolutely unheard of. When I started, even 1k was unheard of. You don't need hard SPSS-level data to know that having 1100 TPE made a superstar player in the past and barely being a serviceable player at 1300 TPE now is a significant difference.
Sorry you actually have to do research and carry out studies to even comment in an SHL thread. Next time you do so without ample research will result in a ban.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

My card being 86 overall actually proves that TPE deflation is real so @WannabeFinn is correct and you all are meanies 

Maybe if you tried harder like the players on Buffalo and Hamilton..

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 10:23 AM by Samsung virtual assistant. Edited 2 times in total.)

OK i just Tried to write another reply and was like 4 paragraphs deep but lost connection on my phone so it was all deleted. Sadge.

Anyways i think my reply might have come off a little snarky but i didn't mean it like that, just that if You already monitor it and have the data then why ask for it and not just say that you're aware of it.

Oh well, i think that if we're not lowering the tpe roof of what is earnable, which im not against, any number is fine really, but if we keep it like this i definitely think it would be a much better way to go if we increase the Starting TPE of J players as opposed to harsher updatescales for the top earners. Having to wait multiple weeks to update one attribute is boring as hell.

I dont have any data or anything, just an observation from being a semi active user since 25. People suggesting an even harsher scale for the last couple of points in attributes makes me want to throw up and Never think of re-creating again.

04-07-2022, 10:14 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: OK i just Tried to write another reply and was like 4 paragraphs deep but lost connection on my phone so it was all deleted. Sadge.

Anyways i think my reply might have come off a little snarky but i didn't mean it like that, just that if You already monitor it and have the data then why ask for it and not just say that you're aware of it.
More data is always welcome, especially from those outside the Head Office. If you went to the effort to collect quality info, why wouldn’t we take it into consideration?

It’s very clear that on an absolute numbers basis, we have seen TPE creep as evidenced by the TPE record being beaten more than a few times over the past 35-40 seasons. However, the value of 1 TPE has constantly changed throughout our various update scales and engine changes.

Personally? 2200 TPE on STHS was more problematic than 2400 TPE on FHM. At least, that’s what I think when you look at what that TPE actually amounts to when applied to a player build.

I think we’ve made steps towards fighting the inflation of the absolute max TPE total for a player and we have more changes on the way. To suggest it’s out of control is incorrect, though. It’s in control and on its way down, not up.

Tpe inflation is real:

I used to hold the record for highest tpe goalie but now I got passed and their accomplishment should be regarded less because it was easier for them to topple my highest tpe total :madge:

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

wait…you guys are earning tpe?

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

I mean, new regression and shorter seasons are definitely gonna kill the 2400 peak of whatever. I haven't done the math or anything but it could very well kill 2k TPE as well, anyone who starts their careers once the shortened seasons takes place probably won't get there no?

04-07-2022, 10:10 AMoverdoo Wrote: My card being 86 overall actually proves that TPE deflation is real so @WannabeFinn is correct and you all are meanies 

Maybe if you tried harder like the players on Buffalo and Hamilton..
Just want to say if anyone actually thinks this is the reason your card is lower overall it's because STHS capped how much TPE you could spend around 1600. FHM you'll never be able to use all of your TPE. So no, that's wrong and entirely unrelated to TPE inflation.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-07-2022, 10:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-07-2022, 10:14 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: OK i just Tried to write another reply and was like 4 paragraphs deep but lost connection on my phone so it was all deleted. Sadge.

Personally? 2200 TPE on STHS was more problematic than 2400 TPE on FHM. At least, that’s what I think when you look at what that TPE actually amounts to when applied to a player build.

do you have any data on this

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-07-2022, 10:52 AMSlashACM Wrote: Tpe inflation is real:

I used to hold the record for highest tpe goalie but now I got passed and their accomplishment should be regarded less because it was easier for them to topple my highest tpe total :madge:

As the current highest peak tpe goalie... huehuehuehue

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]