Create Account

IceLevel Collection - Personal Top 10

Hi, first of all i’d like to give a big praise to everybody who is involved in the SHL Trading Cards site. You have done an amazing job so far and i am looking forward seeing more of it in the future!

So far i have opened 33 packs and thought it would be fun to mention my personal top 10 cards that i have collected so far. Can’t deny it is for money reason aswell Wink . We all need money to keep collecting those cool cards!

Though my collection is lacking any HoF or even Diamond card, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any specials ones for me. Ruby’s, Golds, Silvers and Bronze can be special too. With that said let’s start off with:

10…

[Image: 3459.png]

Reason: In general i like alliterative player names. I picked an alliterative for my second player (Adrian Ayers). Unfortunately i don't have a copy of him in my collection, but Anthony Archer is a cool name that reminds me about my own player. It probably won't stay long in my top 10, but for now he is.

[Image: 3551.png]

Reason: Seeing that render instantly makes you laughing. Sadly the guy pictured, Juan Joya Borja, passed away a year ago. I like the card, brings up good memories.

[Image: 3582.png]

Reason: So far i have collected 6 logos. Unfortunately no Wolfpack ones yet. From my collection i like this logo the most, it's beautiful.

[Image: 3321.png]

Reason: It should be no surprise seeing some Wolfpack cards in my personal top 10. My goal is to gather as much Wolfpack cards as possible. @krazko player has been drafted in the same season as Adrian Ayers, S56, 4th overall. He has been a great teammate and just a great player in general. I think he deserves a Ruby, but 84 is not bad at all.

[Image: 3418.png]

Reason: @DrunkenTeddy player. Actually he was the first user that contacted me on this site, although i am pretty sure it was an auto-generated welcome message.  Apart from that, i know Robert Phelps was a famous name during Gordie Boomhover's career, always in the top of the player stats tables. Gold status definately is too low in my books.

[Image: 3201.png]

Reason: @CanadianDuck player. A player i remember well from Gordie's rookie season. Together we won the Four Star Cup with St.Louis Scarecrows in S45. That was a fun time.

[Image: 3221.png]

Reason: @Hoovuh player. Another teammate of Gordie back in the days in St.Louis. Ranked just above Steven Moyer because together we won the Four Star Cup back to back (S45+S46). Great render too. I am a big Detroit Red Wings fan in real life.

[Image: 2094.png]

Reason: One of the first cards i collected. Another Wolfpack player. Season 46 was a special draft for New England. Not only did they draft @Flareon 's player, 7th OVR. They also picked Guy Zheng (15th OVR) and Dick Clapper (37th OVR). I had a lot of fun back in those days, S46-S50.

[Image: 2880.png] 

Reason: Patrikov Bure is a name every Wolfpack should know. There is actually a trophy named after him. It goes to the Wolfpack player with the biggest offensive contribution of the season as voted on by their peers. He is a legend and was the former franchise leader in goals and points. It feels pretty special having this card in my collection.

[Image: 3232.png]

Reason: What can i say. I am stoked to pulled your card @Katth. You joined the site in the same season as me. I don't have many friends on the site, but i am happy to have you. Thanks bud!

Thanks for reading!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Morning Gordie Smile I hope all has been well, I love the insight.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2022, 08:34 AM by takethehorizon.)

I didn't know the kekw guy passed away - sad. Great read though!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]