Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

PLAYER PROMPT

Yes, playoff match-up against Seattle was coming up and is going on as we speak. Getting ready has been what it always is. Practicing hard. What was before getting better is now trying to fight regression and staying as close to my personal peak as I can. It will be getting harder and harder every year, so I have to enjoy it as I'm still able to recover adequately. I was anticipating a tight series, and looks like it will be that. Both teams have won their respective home games, so it is now a best of three series, but we have two games at home, which gives us the slight edge. Now we just have to fight hard and hope that the hockey gods will be on our side, at least enough that we can overcome the first round curse. Contract stuff has been taken care of for the next few seasons, so no distractions on that front either. Full steam ahead!

[Image: sulov.gif]

Hockey Prompt

So, Czechia has conquered most of Europe and Asia at this point, right? The World War is a stalemate that cannot be broken by traditional military means and as such the world enters a new equilibrium. Where Japan formerly lay: nothing but open ocean. Switzerland will not be habitable for decades to come. The entirety of the behemoth's resources have been turned to hockey and warfare, with hockey being the priority. Human experimentation is now undertaken in an extreme industrial-sized operation to create the greatest hockey players ever known. The State Security Service has infiltrated every nation on Earth and watches over the Czech people like a hawk, looking for dissenters. The IIHF is a shadow of what it once was, and competitions are run mostly ceremonially every year with what few hockey nations remain: Czechia, Canada, and the United States. Czechia wins gold every year. Most of the SHL's franchises have been moved to the Greater Czech region and most of its players are Czech. After decades of struggle, the Czech people are finally content.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

This season went really well, right up until the playoffs started. 39 wins is pretty solid and the team was pretty happy going into the playoffs. I think we all felt like we had a solid shot at beating Atlanta, we've beat them before and it just felt like more of the same, but here we are, out of the playoffs and licking our wounds. I'm not sure what went wrong but our team feels like they have all the physical attributes of a champion, yet this playoffs we got destroyed in round 1 through a sweep! We may need to sit down and discuss or change our defensive and physical strategies, it feels like we are getting outworked and no matter how quick our team is, we cant make up for the work the other squads are putting in against us. I know it's the cheesiest line but we really need to work harder out there.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PT Pass

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

PBE Affiliate - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Player Prompt:

It is no secret that Ty Murphy was traded to the Toronto North Stars at the trade deadline this season.  The North Stars finished the season strong enough to secure a playoff spot.  Who did they draw in the first round?  You guessed it.  The Baltimore Platoon.  The Platoon were coming off yet another stellar regular season, and would prove to be a tough opponent.  The North Stars lost the series in five games, narrowly avoiding the sweep.  As for the future of the team, it looks bright.  With numerous talented prospects and a growing young core, the North Stars should be set to be a contending team in the near future.  It will be exciting to spend my career with a growing team and be part of the foundation in a newfound winning culture.  The Locker room has been nothing but welcoming, and I am very excited to be a part of it.  Go North Stars!  Lets win the fucking thing.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I do not know what is next for myself as I do not have a contract and at this point do not know what the future holds. My team is out of the playoffs again and my career is only going downhill from here. I am not sure how much longer I will be able to play in the league at a high level. I always wanted to be a high level player and thus far I have not really been a high level player. This point in my career I would like to be able to win a cup to be apart of the triple gold club. Iwill have to way my options to see what works out best for me as I really would like to win a cup while I am just outside my peak. The future is surely muddy right now but I will look at my options for the next bit.

156 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Magnus hung his head in the locker stall and tried to block out the camera people running around the locker room. Four playoff games, four losses in a row. Being swept wasn't new to him but it was still a really crap feeling to come across, especially after a better second half of the season. After this, he knew that he was going to have to make some tough decisions - last season he already told the Tampa Bay Barracuda front office that he was likely to move on from the team to try and find new pastures. New chances to go further in the post season. The ignominy of being the only other player other than Luc Blouin, his defensive partner to have a positive +/- on the ice during the four games that had just passed...

Tampa Bay had shown hope in the past couple of seasons but it hadn't really panned out in the end. And he was sad that it didn't pan out. The Barracudas were a good group. But they just couldn't get it together after the regular season ended. It was time for him to move on, and find a new team.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

WSBL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Prompt 2:

Well, it's kind of depressing that I write this after we dropped the playoff series against San Francisco today, 4-3. Sad. However, we'll continue and look onto towards the future. There are still tons of positives within this Argonaut team. We have our current stars, headlined by Captain Podcalzone, Slate, Salming, JURT, Teddy and Kermit Murphy, Hobbes, etc. Those guys contribute day in and day out when it comes game time and show up everyday. Further down the line, we still have our very solid vets, some older guys like Pritchard, Cleary, and even farther down, we have guys like Urquhart and Ramza, soon to be hitting their primes. Finally, the rookies and prospects consist of Miller, Fischermann, myself, McHits and Ramsbottom. I think we will be able to provide good depth until we make our way up to higher TPE levels. Overall, it was a good season, but we will come back stronger the next.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 12:01 AM by Kyamprac. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Los Angeles Panthers finished the regular season fifth overall in the league and are making another exciting run into the playoffs. Recently coming off a 4-2 series win against the Edmonton Blizzard, I think we are all cautiously optimistic heading into our next series against San Francisco and, hopefully, beyond. It has been really fun to see the Season 56 gang grow together, and it would be even more fun to see them win big together after all of their hard work.  Speaking for Burke specifically, she's taking playoffs one day at a time and doing everything she can to help her team out. So far she's got a goal and 2 assists in the post-season, and seems to be making a positive impact on the ice with a 6 +/-. She's throwing some hits, blocking some pucks, and hopefully has much more to offer yet. If she can't get some more points herself, I'm hoping to see her give some effort to prop her teammates as we chase the cup.

(171 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Ivan Lacksamus is heading into the playoffs again this year with Detroit. Last season the team was extremely pumped to win a single playoff series, but now we have our eyes on the cup. We have a great core that has been putting in a lot of work and we all have our eyes on the prize. For the past 3 seasons we have gone from last place in the league to a team that actually could have a chance at the cup. There is a lot of competition though. While Detroit has had what can only be called a great season, there are quite a few other teams that intend on taking the cup home as well. Newfoundland has had a strong group for a while now and continue their dominance in the J, but we have confidence that we can overcome that challenge if needed. We are continuing the grind and hope to cap off this season with a W.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Prompt 2 - Duncan Mackenzie is nervous about the future in Calgary. Missing the playoffs with an over-the-hill team and a pipeline that hasn't been producing a ton is a tough way to go. Mackenzie represents one of the next generation of players, along with Zhen Roza, Grogu Mandosson, and Alexis Saint-Michel. Behind them are some potential up and comers and a lot of question marks. It will be vital for Calgary to hit on some picks here shortly. Esa Parmborg is close to retirement. Barry Batsbak Jr. has played his last game.

Firstly, though, is the realization that missing the playoffs sucks. Mackenzie is pissed that he is sitting on the sidelines. He had a good Rookie year, putting up more points that he had expected and leading the entire team in hits, but it is hollow missing out on Playoff Hockey. He craves it and wants to win that championship. He knows the GM is working the phones and has a plan, but he just prays for a chance going forward.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 10:56 AM by Flowseidon. Edited 1 time in total.)

We came into the season with slightly lower expectations than the last season but still managed to have a good season and get ourselves into a good spot for playoffs. While it's only my second year in the J, I'm going back for a second time with some lessons learned from last time. During playoffs last year, I still tried to train hard and up my skill, but this year I will be focusing more on recovery before and after games. The playoffs are a total grind, and you're banged up and beat up from game one onwards, it really makes how you recover so much more important. With this, I'll be developing a strong diet plan going in, rich in proteins to help me recover between games, and some carbs to get me ready to go. Some light weight and cardio work between games to keep my body loose, and some yoga for injury prevention.

Outside of playoff prep, there isn't a ton on the horizon until next season. I expect that I will still be in the J next year, so offseason is looking to be about training and bettering myself and getting a good training camp in with the Rage before heading back to Nevada. I'm going to take that opportunity to try and learn as much as I can from the SHL players and bring that back to the J to try to have a dominant 3rd season.

I'm hoping that my switchup in preperation and strategy for my body during the playoffs will help me be fresher, in better condition, and help me play better and lead my team to some Ws

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Player Prompt:

I'm a bit late to answering this prompt, meaning the Atlanta Inferno have already swept their Round 1 opponent (the Tampa Bay Barracuda) 4-0. The matchup was a success for Sink personally as well as the team, with Jay scoring his first playoff goal in Game 3 and adding an assist in the 9-3 demolition that was Game 1. Jay Sink isn't expected to enter into any contract negotiations in the near future, having signed an extension through to Season 66 with an option he has expressed no interest in exercising, with the former WJC Gold Medal winner reportedly very happy in Atlanta. Sink is one of the younger members of an Atlanta team entering its championship window, which is a very exciting time for Jay and the team. His partner on the team's second line, Angus McFife XVIII, entered the league at the same time as Jay and they will be hoping to dominate the opposition wingers together as they enter their prime. Expect big things from Jay and Atlanta. (178 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]