Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

The Zerks continued their regular season success and ran the league like they did all year. Something interesting that happened is the guys started getting bored of winning so we all picked up hobbies to keep us entertained. Recently my players and his line mates have been playing competitive bowling. It started for fun but then we realized that we are actually pretty good so now every Sunday when games are not scheduled. The three of us play in tournaments against old angry alcoholic men. We have not won a tournament yet as these dudes are pretty cold at bowling, experience over anything, but we will keep competing.  The vets on the team have taken up book club and love their wine Wednesdays. The old ladies love the boys and always make them food to enjoy their time. We usually get free bottles of wine in exchange for tickets from the ladies. The rookies have been having fun as per usual. They spend most of their time on the water either fishing or just boating around. With the Atlantic ocean right beside Newfoundland, it is pretty easy to keep entertained on a big body of water.

player prompt-

It was an exciting time for Gonzo Gobbledygook to make his first SHL playoffs appearance. Unfortunately, the Winnipeg Aurora's were unable to find a way to break down the Chicago Syndicate's defense. In four games, Gonzo Gobbledygook only managed five shots on goal, none of those found the back of the net. The sweep definitely provided perspective on how far Gonzo and his teammates need to go to compete at the next level. Fortunately, it is still early in the rebuild and the Aurora has many youngsters coming up to the squad next season. A total of eight rookies are eager to contribute to getting the club back on track. Leading the pack of youngsters, Goalie Rebecca Montagne is stepping in and taking over the starting spot immediately and should prove a huge upgrade in net. Fans also better get ready to see the large flock of S62 wingers contributing loads up and down the line-up. Next season is going to be a lot of fun.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Player Prompt

The season is over. It was one of the longest ones since Leclerc entered the league many seasons ago. The team struggled heavily having regressed and being clearly in a transition. As one of the few prime players on the roster this season, Leclerc put a lot of heavy nights of work into the game this season. Leading the team in blocked shots, putting in a ton of hits, and just trying to be as solid in our own zone as possible, lord knows we spent a lot of time in it. But, the pain is over. Leclerc is starting to think about how long he can continue at this point. He is about to hit his prime, but the workload has been rough to this point and he isn't sure his career will last as long as he once hoped. This offseason will be focused on recovery and rest, there were many injuries over the season that got played through, so it's looking like some minor surgery is needed too. Next season will be another rough one, so Leclerc needs to get all the time off he can this summer to get back into health and then focus on getting back into shape once everything works again.

The Texas Renegades season saw the team cope even surprisingly well with all the changes to the team and league in general. The new management team grabbed the bull right by the horns and led us to a 2nd place finish in the regular season. The newcomers all gelled really well with the team. Ryosuke Sato, the veteran defenseman we traded for enjoyed a career-best season along with many others on the team. Kentaro Kikuchi, the team’s lowest TPE player, who might have even remained in the juniors this season if it weren’t for the fact that he took over the general manager job, he actually ended up winning the rookie scoring race with a whopping 50 points! The final chapter of the show is still to be written with the second round playoff series against our divisional nemesis Chicago just about to begin, but already this season can be looked back on as a prominently positive one for the Renegades.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Well, as it turns out, Chimkin Wing was the real deal. He finished first on his team and second in the league in points. Truly an incredible time to be alive. An interesting storyline that no body saw coming (except maybe the Buffalo team mates themselves) was the budding romance between Chimkin Wing and Jaska Seppala (@Zombiewolf). Every few minutes of every episode, you would see them sneaking out of a broom closet in the background while we were filming other players doing various things. One thing can be said, there are a LOT of broom closets in Buffalo's stadium. It's actually staggering. When asked about it, they both say that they are just really good friends, but it is pretty apparent that they're madly, madly in love and plan on going on a holiday to Italy in the off season. Also a lot of bodily fluid has been exchanged. A lot.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

The regular season is over and the New Orleans Specters are coming off of their best finish in the 66 game era. There is a lot of excitement building around the team. Not just for the upcoming playoff matchup against division foe Texas, but also for the future. Now isn’t the time to focus on the future though. The only thing that matters is the present. It’s going to take a lot of hard work and preparation if NOLA expects to beat Texas.

Heading into game one, the Specters were laser focused on the task at hand. During the regular season, New Orleans was only 1-5 against Texas with the only win coming in a shootout. Being able to adapt and counter the Renegades tactics were going to be key. There was a lot of film review and on-ice drills.

Personally, Atticus Hale worked on some aspects of his game that were inconsistent throughout the season. Creating chances, with or without the puck, was an area of focus as well as getting the puck to the net more often. He’s of the belief that, if he could at least improve on those fronts, it would improve the team’s chances.

Unfortunately, the hard work didn’t lead to victory in the series as New Orleans was downed by Texas 4 games to 2. At one point, the series was tied at 2 games a piece. The final two games of the series were extremely close with game 6 ending in a heartbreaking overtime victory for Texas.

PLAYER PROMPT
[254 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

ISFL affiliate
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid585216

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The regular season has ended and we in Los Angeles are returning the to the playoffs. After last season, we're ready to take the final step. Last season, we made a great run all the way to the Challenge Cup Finals, but ultimately fell short. We were outplayed and that feeling has stuck with us all through this season. We're ready to avenge that loss.

We had a really good regular season. We finished top of our division, placed top 5 in both goals for and against, and had 3 70+ point players. We've been together for a couple of seasons now and really feel strong chemistry throughout the lineup. We want to keep our momentum going from the regular season and keep the pace up. We're a young, fast team and want to out skate every team we face. It's going to be a tough path to get back to the Finals, but we're more than ready. Our players have developed as much as they can and now is the time to strike. The first step starts against Edmonton and we have one goal in mind. Finish the job!

(190 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Player prompt.

At this point, Alex has been around this league for a very long time, having been a part of the San Francisco Pride since the lowest of lows that came with the beginning of the rebuild to where we are now. The drafts have been good, the young talent is now peaking in the league. Alex has been the veteran stalwart doing whatever has been asked of him. The Pride's time is now and he's preparing to help in the playoffs any way he can. 2nd line? 3rd line? It doesn't matter. He believes in this team and wants to see them go far. As of this writing, the team has advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the first time that's happened in his entire career. So he is pumped, he is ready, and is excited to see where this all goes. He's had the personal awards and glory and all he wants is to see it through, for this team to see all the success it deserves. That would be the perfect end to a career. We'll see how it goes.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

SMJHL Simmer PT PASS

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

The season actually went very well for the Los Angeles Panthers and for Jonas Kahnwald.Teamwise, this is probably the first season in a long while where we lived up to our expectations in the regular season and had a good showing. I still think some of our players could have been a bit more dominant offensively but the most important thing is that as a team we played very well. As for Jonas individually, he played extremely well this season and was able to tie for the league lead in points among defencemen, which is pretty awesome and I was really hoping he would have a good offensive season because this is gonna be his peak tpe season, so it could quite possibly be downhill from here, although I think he has a chance to do very well next season as well. Now it's time to go to the playoffs and I am hoping we can go all the way this season as we came up just short last season.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Agent Tesla: Alright Dave we focused on the past the other day and so now we are to focus on the future. How are you preparing for it?

Dave Heinrich: Mostly more of what I have already done just to maintain my general condition as I am in solid shape for the J. I was pretty up there in assists this season and I would like to just carry that helpful energy going forward.

Agent Tesla: Fair enough Dave! I do like the fact that you had so many assists. Now this asked about contract situations and so apparently we have that to look forward to as your last contract was a single season. What are your thoughts going into it Dave?

Dave Heinrich: I think my agent is going to try to take them for all they can get while caring not one iota about what I get out of it given they have legal and divine right to everything that I earn during my time in the league.

Agent Tesla: Fun fact I will actually be asking for a minimum contract as I can make my own money, but we will be requesting a special allowance if we remember to do so before contracts get posted. How do you like the team Dave?

Dave Heinrich: I love Nevada and could not even begin to say enough nice things about them. If I were to shout out one person in particular I would say I think Lias and I have become a good combo and I really like working with them.

Agent Tesla: Are you looking forward to one more season with the team?

Dave Heinrich: In all honesty it is going to be hard knowing I have to say goodbye. While I have enjoyed the time I have spent in Chicago in preparation to be called up there is just no comparing that to what I have in Nevada right now. When all is said and done I am sure I will be happy with my time in the big leagues, but I think the transition is going to tax me.

Agent Tesla: Well said! Thank you for joining us for this impromptu interview and we hope you have a fabulous day!

Code:
Word Count: 374

We're very hyped for the playoffs! We've got an actual shot at this! I would love to spend more of my TPE tho. Being capped at 350 while having enough for the next cap hit is kinda boring. But i guess that's the life in the SMJHL. I'm very excited for not only these playoffs but also the next 1-2 seasons. Our defense is gonna be insane. Us 3 defenders from the same draft class are insane. We're all earning so well that we're in the top 10 of our draft class. Top of it is Patey. He's insane. Its gonna be a great future for DET on the defensive side. Can't wait to see what our GMs will do about our Offense. We're defo in a great position to succeed! I also love my team and I'm also very excited about playing at my SHL Team at some point! Exciting future ahead for Moritz Seider!

[Image: IMG_4351.jpg?width=507&height=676]

Hockey prompt - graphic task:

[Image: OGBIMQ6.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!