Create Account

S64 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 06:50 PM by AL GRINGO. Edited 1 time in total.)

WSBL PT

Trivia Word: GOAL

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 08:21 AM by 3lewsers. Edited 3 times in total.)

WSBL Affiliate PT +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

beetlejuice

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57.
If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?

b. Chicago's lineup much more active with their sticks than Atlanta's, racking up 97 takeaways to Atlanta's 79. This late in the playoffs, how do you adjust to a team that's so adept at picking your pocket?

c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series? 

d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?

a. I think experienced veterans are always the best bet. They have been through this before and are usually more hungry than younger players. Sometimes it just comes down to the sim, but I believe the smart money is on Chicago. This theory has been proven wrong before, but it is safer to choose Chicago than trying to take a flyer on Atlanta.

b. To help negate takeaways you must know what you are going to do with the puck before you actually get it. As a pass is making its way to you, you must think ahead about where you are going with it. If you wait, a smart opponent can react and cut it off, taking the puck the other way.

c. There is not a huge discrepancy in penalty minutes, but Chicago needs to be more disciplined. If there is something that can hurt an older team, its being shorthanded against a bunch of young, fast skaters. Atlanta should be able to take advantage on the power play, so Chicago should be careful not to give up too many opportunities.

d. I think a balanced attack is the better way to play, especially in the playoffs. It allows players to get plenty of breathers, and be fresh out on the ice on every shift. Sure, the other approach may work in short bursts, but as with anything, this is a marathon not a sprint. The well rested will prevail in a long series.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cup Check (150 words min.)

Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally
think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

The Challenge Cup is way cooler to have in your trophy case. While the Four Star Cup is a reminder of your humble beginnings, the Challenge Cup is the holy grail. While I have not won either, I crave the Challenge Cup. I was disappointed missing out on a Four Star Cup with the Newfoundland Berserkers early in my career, but that was only a stepping stone to get me where I wanted to be. While my playing was much more exciting in Newfoundland, the SHL is where I wanted to be a star. That hasn't worked out the way I planeed, but I would trade it all for a Challenge Cup. IT has not been easy waiting and waiting as we build a winner, but it made our success last season very exciting. While I may never get close to a cup before my career comes to an end, I would want a Challenge Cup. At this point, thinking the Four Star Cup would mean anything is just ludicrous.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. Just link your Milestone claim below this task for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 08:46 PM by Crunk. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Affiliate +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

trivia +3

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. Just link your Milestone claim below this task for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Team 150 words min
You have to create the perfect SHL or SMJHL line for your player to be on. Who do you put on your line and why? Is it something about their style of play that compliments yours? Does it only include players from the present, or do you dip into the past to find an incredible D pair? Or are you just choosing your friends ‘cause they’d be fun to win the cup with?

There's only one possible line to answer this question.

Shoyo Hinata - Jay Cue - Viktor Krunk

This is the absolute cream of the S61 and S62 draft classes on the offensive end. Sure, it will take a few seasons before @Gordon Bombay , @Opera_Phantom and I own the league like we inevitably will, but the most important thing is that we are on the same team, the absolutely lovely Atlanta Inferno.

Of course, I am mainly going on SMJHL pedigree. Hinata just scored the most points in the J this year, and Krunk leaves the Timber as the leading single season goal scorer, while being on the leader boards for other stats. Cue has a year on both, but is unquestionably the best prospect of his draft class. Goals, assists and grit - this line has it all, and will absolutely terrorise the SHL in a few seasons time.

The future just landed in Atlanta, and it looks absolutely unstoppable.

+3

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

I think that the surprise of the playoffs is obvious to everyone outside of the inner sim circle of my SHL team.

The Atlanta Inferno making the finals was called by approximately nobody in advance. And yet, the little expansion team that could knocked off the perennial powerhouse Steelhawks on the way to compete for glory.

The Inferno put up a good fight in the finals - hell, it was probably too early for this team to lift the cup - but damn, people should be paying attention to us now.

Wait for the next playoffs. And the one after that. I won't be able to write about Atlanta being a surprise any more.

+2

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Be Nice (100 words min.)
I’ve seen this prompt used from time to time and I think the end of my first full season as PT director is as good of a time as any. Use this 100 words to give a compliment to someone in the community that you appreciate! Whether it’s a friend, a GM, a PT director, or one of those amazing folks that designed the card website– try to make someone smile with some kind words!

I write this in the full knowledge that he will hate it, but I have to show my appreciation for @Opera_Phantom, or as I will forever call him, Cue.

Cue is a teammate of mine from a season into my sim league career and someone that I looked up to as a stalwart of the team, even as I was made GM (as he continually refused the role). I still GM that team - but Cue is just lending me the stewardship.

Cue recruited me to the SHL. I said no the first 10 time, but eventually he got me here. And it has been fun.

We just became teammates in the SHL, and I am especially thankful for this.

+2

(16 TPE)

[Image: crunksig2.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 12:08 AM by Lime. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

lime

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?

a. Very easy, you go with the Chicago Syndicate. They have been one of the best teams in the league for a long while, and its very surprising they only came up with the one cup in season 57. Atlanta is very hot but they were destined to get whats coming to them by one of the elite teams in the SHL. Always a tough team to beat.

Code:

claim 3

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

I chose Germany as my IIHF country because I have German heritage. Steve Harrington is technically from Hawkins, Indiana, but playing for the United States is kind of boring so I had to choose something else. In this way Harrington is somewhat a mashup of the actual character and a self-insert. I am proud to play for Germany even though we haven't been so successful... Just one bronze since I joined. It was nice to have tomen as the GM for Germany and also co-gm of my SHL team in Buffalo. Then jeffie came along and we didn't win a medal ever again. Unlucky I suppose.

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

I don't know what I expected this year to be honest, but I guess in hind sight we all should have expected Chicago to win. They did win the Presidents Trophy after all. I thought we would finally beat Hamilton again this season, but of course they always figure it out. Atlanta had a real Cinderella run this year beating Baltimore which is who I had in my predictions to win it all. I really thought we would have a decent chance this year but Atlanta was hot and we weren't. Oh well, what can you do. Better luck in S65 I suppose.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Epic Loot (150 words min.)
A hockey gear manufacturer has developed a substance called “Materia” that allows them to imbue hockey gear with incredibly powerful abilities. They’ve come to you to ask for your endorsement, and to help you design your own piece of magical hockey gear. What piece of gear do you design? What do you make it look like? Is it an unassuming piece of equipment that can fly under the radar, or do you go for some wild steampunk thing? What insane magical bonuses and benefits does it give you? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player wearing the piece of gear you designed! Show how its power is benefiting them.

I would have them make two hockey sticks. They would look absolutely ordinary, but they will be quite special. The Materia within both of them has a pseudo-magnetic bond. That means that anything that touches the stick becomes attracted to the other. Now I take one stick, and give the other to Chimkin Wing. You thought our line was the tops last season? Now our passes are always on target. Wing can be anywhere on the ice and I can whip the puck towards him and its good every time. This doesn't just work with pucks though, ANYTHING that rubs against the stick is attracted to the other. Bump into another player and hit your stick on their skate. Now when they try to skate past the other one, their foot will get dragged away and they'll trip with no contact necessary. There is plenty of fun things to do and it won't attract much attention.

Code:
I’ve seen this prompt used from time to time and I think the end of my first full season as PT director is as good of a time as any. Use this 100 words to give a compliment to someone in the community that you appreciate! Whether it’s a friend, a GM, a PT director, or one of those amazing folks that designed the card website– try to make someone smile with some kind words!

I would like to thank @Patty for selecting me for the co-gm position in Newfoundland. Patty has had a wild ride in the SHL since the beginning, from getting drafted and then going IA for like 2 months to GM of the berserkers and co-commissioner at the same time. It was very inspiring seeing him rise from advisor to GM, and head office to co-commissioner. All of this while being better than me at rocket league. I am very excited to see where things go with patty at the helm he has been a very dedicated creature and is a great asset to this community.

Total: 16

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 11:56 PM by Nerio. Edited 7 times in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

taco

Code:

+2 TPE - Milestones

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Hype (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Do you think the same teams will be on top this year, or are we due for some turnover? How are you feeling about your country’s chances this time? Any players that you think will light up the tournament?
So last IIHF was an interesting one for team USA. We made quite possibly the worst run of it in the round robin games that I've experienced in over a decade of participating in IIHF tournaments (not 100% sure on this just a feeling I have that I'm pretty confident about). Then we proceeded to really kick it into gear in the playoffs and made some miracles happen. I think this season, we will bounce back a bit from our round robin and have similar playoff success. Hard to say if it'll be a repeat based on the fact that it's just 1 game series there, but there is a chance. Then again, they still have me on the team and I'm old as dirt, so maybe it won't be as magical as I think. It may be my last season there though so I want to make it count in a big way.

Code:
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!
I chose team USA initially because it was where sort of the backstory of my player put him. He is a Swedish American with his mom's side being Swedish and his Dad being American, also born in American. But I think in part I went with that backstory because I am also American. I grew up playing hockey in America and have a lot of knowledge of sort of the paths people take to the NHL so I had this sort of mental history of my player already locked in from that experience (sadly I was a touch not good enough to make it myself).

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Ruthless Capitalist (150 words min.)
Someone that looks like the Monopoly guy just gave you two million dollars and a two year deadline to make the SHL a growing and profitable business. What do you do with that seed money to make this an online platform that facilitates you milking as much money as possible from the users? ALTERNATIVELY, if you don’t want to be malicious, what would you do with 2 million dollars to improve the site and make it the best sim league in the world?

So this is unfortunately kind of easy (the first part). This is a game, and as much as talks about donator status not having any sort of influence whatsoever (I've heard even the little badge beneath your name pushed it for some people), the league as a whole would make money from having in-game benefits to donations. Yes people would leave, but the league would live on much like any of your favorite games did after you left when they went full on pay to win. But it's perfect too, because we have recently implemented a full on loot box system that could be leveraged in ways that don't necessarily have to cost a ton of money to implement. We would repurpose the lootbox system to fulfill the role of PTs, training, all that fun stuff. Free players certainly would get their shots at doing it as they have, but paid players could spend money, like real money, to roll the dice and maybe get a PT pass, some extra cash, Twitter passes, AC passes, additive salary bonuses (that don't count against the cap). You know, the standard EA approach to a game. I of course would invest approximately $45k of that $2mil into paying people to repurpose the card loot boxes into it, and pocket the rest as I know I wouldn't see a dime of the future profits if someone else was funding it all.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Epic Loot (150 words min.)
A hockey gear manufacturer has developed a substance called “Materia” that allows them to imbue hockey gear with incredibly powerful abilities. They’ve come to you to ask for your endorsement, and to help you design your own piece of magical hockey gear. What piece of gear do you design? What do you make it look like? Is it an unassuming piece of equipment that can fly under the radar, or do you go for some wild steampunk thing? What insane magical bonuses and benefits does it give you? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player wearing the piece of gear you designed! Show how its power is benefiting them.

I create the most over-powered piece of equipment there exists - the Mystile. Unassuming in appearance, the Mystile provides unmatched potency in the heat of the battle. The Mystile supports 6 available slots for Materia, and more importantly, 3 of them can be paired together. That means if you combine a Slap Shot Materia that boosts the power of your slap shot, and an Accuracy Materia that can be used alone for a general boost or paired with something to boost it, you can clap absolutely bombs from beyond the blue line that will smoke any goalie. You could combine a Checking Materia with a Balance Materia to consistently deliver clean, calculated hits and knock your opponent to the next golf course, and give reverse hits that make you barely lose a stride. The best part is, the Materia grow while you have them equipped. That means that the more you use it, the stronger you get.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 03:17 PM by leafs1997. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. 1+ TPE
hello

2. 4 TPE
a) I'd go for Atlanta. There's just something about rooting for the underdog, or at least, the seemingly inexperienced team. Especially considering we have had this recent (or not so recent?) wave of hating on teams that regularly do well. Most of that is focused on HAM, but BUF, TEX, and CHI probably fall in that same category. So, Atlanta all the way. Might lose some money, but worth it.
b) I think Atlanta will play safer with the puck against the more experienced CHI anyways. They should focus on playing well defensively, not giving away dumb chances, and then take full advantage of when CHI messes up. Look for those openings and make sure there aren't any on your side. Also, to be fair, 79 takeaways is solid as well. CHI needs to be on their toes as well.
c) Oh, for sure! Emotions play a huge role in any game, especially playoff series. Turn that into a Finals series, dial everything up. At the end of the day, your team could have the lead, but then throw it all away with some badly timed penalties. Whichever team can use those emotions to translate into scoring opportunities as opposed to taking penalties will definitely have the upper hand in this series.
d) I think the balanced attack will win out ultimately. Not sure if this really says that the balanced attack itself is better than the top-heavy attack though. Same goes for defense. If you think about it, the reason CHI is able to run a balanced attack is because they can trust their entire lineup, top to bottom. They're stacked, basically. So, they have 4 lines that are as good as ATL's top lines. Same goes for defense likely. So, that's the reason the balanced attack will win. You have a complete team. If CHI ran a lineup like ATL, they'd just be wasting their lower lines' potentials.

3. 4 TPE
a) As Quebec's coach, you need to pay attention to your wingers' defense during practice. Make sure they're fully committed to coming back for defense and putting their body on the line for blocking shots. It might be worth it to give more icetime to your more experienced wingers. Is this a winger that will shut it down on defense (covering the point) while contributing on offense as well? That's your guy. If they don't buy in, sit down. This is playoffs.
b) Force those shots to the outside and trust your goalie. You simply can't let any of those 3 walk in and take a shot from within a few feet of the net. Force them to have to make a great play to get to the middle or be forced to take a shot from a long ways off or a weird angle shot. Your goalie better step up beyond that.
c) This is a fool's errand. There's no way of knowing if the hot streak will continue or if the other team will heat up right on time. We'll just have to see! Depending on whose side you're on, you can change your answer here and be correct. As for me, I'll say Quebec stays hot and gets it done. They seem to have their forwards riding hot scoring streaks as well, count on that to make things happen.
d) As Newfoundland, you need to continue believing in yourself. If you could get it done the past 3-4 seasons, there's no reason you can't do it now. As for Quebec, you need to focus on the fact that Newfoundland may have had recent success, but it wasn't against you. You ARE the David to their Goliath, it just took you some time to get this battle.

6. 3 TPE
This one is mainly based on being able to play with friends and what COULD have been. All 3 of us were actually on NOLA (or at least, drafted to it) at one point in time. But, one of us decided to up and leave the SHL before actually graduating the SMJHL and playing their first game in the SHL. So, you'd have me on the LW of course. Malik has been a force to be reckoned with, improving each season. Those fantasy points been racking up! On the other wing, we'll put Pythonic's Valterri Kauppinen. We're great frenemies and make up two thirds of NOLA's top line right now. We can keep that chemistry going. Now, in the middle, let's have Titan's Cian McFelter. Who? That's right. You don't know him, cause he was drafted to NOLA in the top 10, the same year as me. But, he decided to finish his career in the SMJHL on KEL and then retire. Guess he didn't love me enough. But yeah, if he was still here, this line would actually be running on NOLA right now.

7. 3 TPE
+3 TPE - S64 Milestones

22. 2 TPE
This one's fairly easy. @trashae has been there for me and other HD guys since the beginning. That's been consistent as he's gone from KEL Coach/Captain to AGM to GM. Dude's a legend. Even now, with me having graduated to NOLA awhile ago, we still talk every now and then and it's like I never left. It's been great to see him flourish after I stole his SMJHL HO Intern job. Remember that bro? I like to think that lit a fire under him and motivated him to achieve all he's accomplished from then on. Agreed? Jokes aside, trashae is a great guy, always been there for me, helped me get started in the SHL, always gave me opportunities to contribute to the team. Forever grateful. We need to play together in the SHL at some point!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 09:17 AM by Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Trivia

+ 3 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Hype (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Do you think the same teams will be on top this year, or are we due for some turnover? How are you feeling about your country’s chances this time? Any players that you think will light up the tournament?

All I really know about the IIHF is that Japan is going to absolutely ball it up in the tournament again. Canada is having a pretty good tournament so far going 8-0-1-1, which is a solid record, we are just behind them with a 7-0-4-0 record. Think it would be nice to see some of those wins go into OT, as we either win or lose, no in between. America struggling this tournament always is suprising, they always have so much talent. Japan is going to finish first in their conference and then make their way up to the finals. I think it is about time we have some good games in the playoffs and start working towards getting some medals. Been on the team for a while now and we always fall short of going all the way. I am liking our odds this season. Got some solid depth going on in the team which only helps us. [159 words]

+ 3 TPE

Code:

I have always just been a big enjoyer of Japan and its culture. So much that I even visited Japan, specifically Tokyo back in 2017 and had the time of my life there. It was so much fun, so I knew I wanted to at one point dedicate a player to have come from Japan. Besides that I really did not know much about the team, who was on it or what the team really needed in terms of players. At the end of the day it was just what seemed interesting and fun to me, so that is what I went with. I do not regret it at all. [110 words]

+ 2 TPE

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

Sadly not really, it was great fun to see Atlanta in the finals and I was really hoping to see them give Chicago a run for their money. Sadly it was all over in 5 games and the Syndicate were the winners at the end of it all. Personally I can take solis in the fact we got swept by the eventual winners of it all, so for Winnipeg it wasnt the worst. Also bless Atlanta for beating Hamilton and preventing them from doing their shenanigans. I do not think the league could have handled anther Hamilton final especially with the state of their team.

[105 words]

+ 2 TPE

Code:

+ 3 TPE

ISFL PT

+ 3 TPE

16/16

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

Heya

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
b. Chicago's lineup much more active with their sticks than Atlanta's, racking up 97 takeaways to Atlanta's 79. This late in the playoffs, how do you adjust to a team that's so adept at picking your pocket?
c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series?
d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?

a. Atlanta should win by a landslide, except that coaching in heavily in favor of Chicago. Honestly this can go either way. Both teams have a strong offensive group and defensive core, as well as solid goaltending. Picking one is going to be difficult. I guess Chicago considering that birds made of fire would melt the ice...?

b. Stop passing the puck. Ever. Just completely skate down the ice and shoot, over and over. Eventually some will go in, or you'll just defeat them by hammering them with so many shots that they get bruises everywhere and slow down a ton. Seriously though, just play smart hockey. Easier said than done though.

c. More powerplays is good, more penalty kills is bad. As long as Atlanta keeps a good head on their shoulders, they should get more special teams chances in theory. However, it doesn't take a lot to get under the skin of a player, or team, and one simple little thing can swing momentum completely.

d. I think the balanced attack is the smarter play in this series. I know you want to lean on your veterans more, but if they are unable to convert, then you run into a situation where your best players are tired and demoralized in the end. Being able to stretch the minutes out will keep you fresher, longer, like Febreeze.

Quote:3. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Four Star Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Newfoundland has gotten 25 points in 11 games from two of their top D, Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford. If you're Quebec's coach, how do you adjust to Newfoundland having guys on the blue line that are just as offensively dangerous as the wingers?
b. Quebec has three players shooting 20% or better in Bertrand, Utah, and Kidd. If you're the Newfoundland defense, how do you find a way to bottle up three forwards that can't seem to miss the back of the net?
c. Looking at each teams' PDO, we see that Quebec is riding a bit of a hot streak while Newfoundland has actually been a bit unlucky. Do you think this a is a good thing for either team? Is Newfoundland bound to find some luck, or are they going to get stuck in a rut? Is Quebec going to come back down to Earth, or did they get hot at the right time?
d. Newfoundland has appeared in all 4 of the last SMJHL finals and won 3 of them. Quebec, a consistently strong presence in the SMJHL, has a lot of playoff success behind them as well, having won several series since their last 4 Star in S58. How do you approach this series mentally on either side? If you're Newfoundland, are you worried your streak can't last forever? If you're Quebec, do you fear that you can't take down a goliath?

a. Obviously you have to spike their drinks with performance enhancing drugs than complain to the league. Once they fail a drug test, things will be a lot different. Otherwise, hit them, hard, and a lot. The more you get in their heads, then the more mistakes they make, the more inaccurate they are.

b. You likely can't, you can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them. The best option you have is to stifle them from getting any passes, and force them to take more bad angle shots on goal, and limit the rebound attempts that are open to be takes by anyone.

c. Being unlucky can really hit your mental state in a bad way, while luck can also turn on a dime. I would rather get to the dance on a streak of good luck with a high mental feel than go into it knowing things haven't been going my way at all up until now.

d. If your Newfoundland, you stop taking the tactics from Chicago and Hamilton and do something yourself for once. If you're Quebec, you pray to the hockey gods, and those developers that made FHM6, that things fall the way you *really* need them to. I think Newfoundland has the advantage coming into the series however, but the Owls are not to be trifled with.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Cup Check (150 words min.)
Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

I think winning the Four Star Cup is a much harder task than the Challenge Cup. I know, you have more teams and contracts and things in the majors, but the quick (4 season max soon) turnover in the juniors really puts a much faster timeframe on getting to the dance before the inevitable rebuild ends up having to occur. I don't feel like there is any perfect way to approach a roster that keeps you relevant for much longer, unless you cheat or bribe someone of course. That being said, turnover is a huge factor and making any trades that involve improving your overall outcome usually comes at the expense of that inevitable rebuild coming way sooner than you wanted, or expected. And even then, there is absolutely no assurance that you win a cup, because so many rookie heavy teams are hitting their prime TPE levels for that season going into is, so they are an absolute threat.

Quote:22. Written, 2 TPE, Be Nice (100 words min.)

@ImShiny You are literally one of the best dudes on the planet. A big reason I enjoy my time on this site so much is interacting with you in multiple different servers, and playing other shit like Apex together. You're such a beautiful, loving soul and I know you'll go far in life.

@Off You are also a god damn delight, and you're knowledge of boardgames is the reason I keep showing up Friday after Friday to play games with you and the guys. You're also solid as shit at Apex, just wish you played it more

@JR95 You're a fucking rockstar, keep up the amazing music and come back to Apex, we miss you

@Ace It's a shame you like Boston teams, but not everyone can be perfect. You're close tho

That monopoly man looking mother fucker gave me 2 mil to make the site profitable. You're damn right I'll be squeezing every last many out of every single one of you.
First things first, premium AC tier, for an extra dollar a week you can double your AC outputs from 2 - 4 TPE. For 20 dollars a season you can get 100% correct predictions for the hat trick PT.
Don't want to waste your time earning league money to buy training? Don't worry there's now an option to spen 5 dollars a week on weekly training to unlock a new 7tpe tier.
I will introduce a battle pass mechanic into the card site to drive profits there. I will make it extremely difficult to get to the end of the battle pass (where you unlock a 1/1 card of your own player) and introduce a price of 2 dollars per battle pass tier - with a total of 40 bucks to complete it.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Code:

Verification word: yahoo
Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3212775

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 06:10 AM by Asked Madden. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. 3rd hand answers 
3TPE

"We've done it"
"But have we gone too far?"

When season 1 of the SHL was announced, trophy makers from across the land were asked to enter a tournament to create the Championship Cup and the juniors 4 star Cup. People came from far and wide to try their hand at making a trophy prestigious enough for the SHL it needed to be classy but not too showy. Expensive but not tacky.
There was a huge variety of trophies, cups, belts, sheild made and presented to the competition Commitee. Some with skulls and guns, others with tits and dicks but at the end of the day the committee came down to a choice between two a monstrosity made out of good with hockey pucks engrained around the rim of this 4 foot behemoth and the tasteful number we have today. As you can probably see the one we have today won out in the end.
3TPE 

7. Milestones
2TPE

That monopoly man looking mother fucker gave me 2 mil to make the site profitable. You're damn right I'll be squeezing every last many out of every single one of you.
First things first, premium AC tier, for an extra dollar a week you can double your AC outputs from 2 - 4 TPE. For 20 dollars a season you can get 100% correct predictions for the hat trick PT.
Don't want to waste your time earning league money to buy training? Don't worry there's now an option to spen 5 dollars a week on weekly training to unlock a new 7tpe tier.
I will introduce a battle pass mechanic into the card site to drive profits there. I will make it extremely difficult to get to the end of the battle pass (where you unlock a 1/1 card of your own player) and introduce a price of 2 dollars per battle pass tier - with a total of 40 bucks to complete it.
3TPE

The Materia company came straight to Friedensreich Hundertwasser when they decided to pick a player to endorse their product. Why? You ask. Because Friedensreich Hundertwasser is the definition of average player, if their product can turn him into a freaking superstar then they should be able to sell more. Rather than giving it to an already top of the range player.
Friedensreich Hundertwasser had one request when he met with the Materia rep... Make me hit hard as fuck please. Hundertwasser opted to embue his shoulder pads with Materia magic, his shoulder pads don't look any different to anyone else however, when he mullets someone the pads now have a fairly strong repulsive field meaning even a light tap can send the opposition launch across the ice.
Hundertwasser is now the most feared hitter in the league which is certainly strange for a center. But the NOLA fans love it. Especially when they get launched into the glass.
3TPE

This task is always one of my favourites. It's great to have a lot of positivity, especially in a league like the SHL where any minor transgression gets punded into the ground and people can get a reputation from a misjudged comment.

Anyway the person I am going to big up is our previous PT director Slash. I used to dread doing PT every week in this league, talking about hockey stats as though I knew anything grew tedious around 3 tasks into my rookie season. Getting some of these more over the top PT prompts has breathed some life into it again. Add to that, rather than just giving up when he got backlash, he instead added a second (boring) task for the squares of the league - I owe a big thanks to the lad! Cheers @SlashACM

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

CW Pass

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

1. done and verfication word: Kopitar

7. + 3 TPE for 6 Milestones because 3 is max

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Done

Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

When you think of prestige, it has to be the SHL challenge cup without a doubt. When you come into the league as a rookie, there is so much turnover and so much luck to where you end up. At the end of the day, you always dream of what it would be like to win it with the SHL team you are drafted by since you spend so much more time with those teammates and you get to really enjoy it over many seasons with some friends. It is also harder to win because of the turnover, there is so much that can happen when it comes to free agency, trading, retiring and many more that can change the outcome of your team for seasons to come. People at the top level have also spent so much time into the sim and figuring out what it takes to win and what line combos work and how the team gels, it is a process that could be much longer than the SMJHL.

Words - 172

Milestones TPE+3

The only reason why I choose my home country for my player is because I thought it would be the country he would get the best chance on as fast as possible. Many of the big name common countries usually have a lot of well known, higher TPE players on it, so being able to play defense for a team like Latvia in my second season has already been worth it for me. I may not win as many tournaments, or I may not get as many points, but at least I will be able to join the time in the locker room as fast as possible and not have to wait my turn going into possibly my fourth or fifth season, or even later.

Words - 125

20. Written, 3 TPE, Ruthless Capitalist (150 words min.)
Someone that looks like the Monopoly guy just gave you two million dollars and a two year deadline to make the SHL a growing and profitable business. What do you do with that seed money to make this an online platform that facilitates you milking as much money as possible from the users? ALTERNATIVELY, if you don’t want to be malicious, what would you do with 2 million dollars to improve the site and make it the best sim league in the world?

If I had 2 million dollars to make this the best sim league in the world, I would advertise in the biggest spots available, whether that be the stanley cup playoffs, paying one of the biggest instagram/tiktok influencers. With this advertisement, this sim would start to get the player base available at no cost to them. With the amount of player base that we would get, we could start to run ads on the site which would give us ad revenue which could turn into more than the original 2 million. After we start racking in all of that money, we could then eventually create our own sim with our own developers and sell it at a cheaper cost to the fan base and players. At the end of the day it all comes down to exactly the timing of the ads, so it has to be during a big game 7 during the playoffs or on wayne greztkys instagram.

Words - 161

G2019 from the Falcons always gets my vote for any prompt like this since he has pretty much been through it with me at every team I have ever been on and puts the faith in me that I will help the team that he manages. Whether it was our team in ISFL or when I came to the SMJHL, he wanted to draft me as long as I earned and to help the locker room presence. I may not have helped out with the LR presence as much as I wanted too with my busy life, but I was at least able to earn and hopefully send the Falcons into a much better state of affairs in the standings the past season. G always makes sure the LR is a positive atmosphere which is the reason we have so many returning players talking in their daily as well.

Words - 149

16 TPE tasks complete
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 02:59 PM by bluesfan55. Edited 1 time in total.)

task 1 code: nicefuckingtyrrells +3 TPE

a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
before the series began i was going to go for atlanta because i like atlanta and their logo is cool and they had a very good run and i do not like chicago because chicago is very stinky and has actually won the cup before while atlanta is cool and has not won a cup and is young but stupid chicago won so i guess that does not matter now does it
the difference in takeaways is literally 18 which is honestly not a lot so i would say that that the inferno should adjust to the chicago crime team who are supposed to steal because it is in their name by bullying them. make them cry. make them feel pain. make them sad and lonely and they will no longer want to steal your pucks so go do that
c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series?
yes because the chicago syndicate are a very emotional team who like taking stupid penalties like the maple leafs did in game two whenever they can while the almighty atlanta inferno led by the cool and composed hotdog follow by their gms example and stay out of the box like tampa did in game two because they hate playing a man doon. discipline is important and teams will capitalize on it
d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?
i think we will see the balanced attack win out (and we did because the stinky syndicate won) because they are just balanced. running lines that are balanced out in terms of tpe and talent will almost always beat a team that overloads a top line because the rest of the team is going to be weaker. hell, i think the panthers doing that in the first place last year is why we smoked em so it makes sense that a more balanced team will smoke worse lines on the opposing team

Code:

the smjhl cup is less harder to win because of the fucking dickhead newfoundland beserkers who i hate so much. they win all the fucking time and it's hard to pick a team who can beat them over a seven game series. so the shl challenge cup is certifiably 100 percent harder to win. the smjhl has teams that suck make the playoffs. the shl has teams that suck make the playoffs too but they are also not as bad and happen to have more tpe. hell, if you're in the eastern conference there's a good chance you have to go through teams like hamilton, buffalo, atlanta, philadelphia, and baltimore just to get to the finals. those are top top top teams. the west has texas and chicago playing in THE SECOND ROUND, and those are the two best teams in the conference. it's 100% tougher to manage in the shl because you have to go through the gauntlet in order to win the cup in the first place.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Team 150 words min
You have to create the perfect SHL or SMJHL line for your player to be on. Who do you put on your line and why? Is it something about their style of play that compliments yours? Does it only include players from the present, or do you dip into the past to find an incredible D pair? Or are you just choosing your friends ‘cause they’d be fun to win the cup with?

i would play with my good friends who i enjoy being around very much and who are also very good at this thing we call simulation hockey league ice hockey which is all fine and dandy. i would be center because i am the center man and i win faceoffs and won mvp once and have 3 cups in the bag! my wingers would be eko van otter who is very good and old but also very good and makes the playoffs a lot and scores bare points and also another man who is my friend who scores bare points (not) and that is ricky koivu who may suck but is also kind of cool so he gets on my time. my goalie would be scoochie stratton who may have coochies but his render is andrew mccutchen and i love andrew mccutchen so go scoochie. my defensemen would be rex kirkby who was good for many teams for a long time and played until he was an old ass man and igor victory who scares me but would also scare the other team. no one would beat us.

+3 TPE - Milestones (Task 7)

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs