Create Account

What's next for the Wild

Completely misplayed by Coaching. Talbot should've gotten the nod to start the series or got a nod a game earlier. Team got complacent, Talbot was cold because he didn't start in over 2 weeks. You've got 12 Million in cap being added by Parise and Suter buyouts. What's completely next for the team, because this core isn't gonna be here for next season.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Misery. We'll keep Kaprizov, but we've probably got 3 seasons of only being the 5th or 6th best team in the conference.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Get trotz

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-13-2022, 11:10 AMluke Wrote: Get trotz

>prolific russian goalscoring talent
>way younger than you'd think 1C
>league-wide fan favorite top-6 winger
>beloved goalie + goalie who had a couple really good years in his 20s tandem
>100+ pim second line winger with name recognition
>2-3 mid-tier ogwacs
>an extensive cast of nobodies you can force to play boring hockey defense
>imminent cap crisis

i think you cracked the code buddy

Another off-season of moves… and another early playoff exit.

[Image: Wally.png]

I'm especially curious to see what they do with Fiala. Dude had a unreal year, I wonder if they'll even be able to keep him with his contract ending this season and with this cap space issue, or if they move someone else to open some space.

05-13-2022, 03:52 PMnarb111 Wrote: I'm especially curious to see what they do with Fiala. Dude had a unreal year, I wonder if they'll even be able to keep him with his contract ending this season and with this cap space issue, or if they move someone else to open some space.
with 12.7M in dead cap you'd have to get rid of some of the already extended contracts so Ima gonna say Fiala goes regardless.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

stealing a rant that i've posted before:

the wild are a team in one of the most rabid hockey hotbeds in the world. They have an unlimited budget, the potential for a fanbase rivalling any canadian team, and an astounding number of players who are local and would come home. They have one of the best logos in professional sports, an honestly great color scheme when they use creme, a great arena, and as far as I can tell their arena is close enough to both their fanbase and a downtown entertainment core that they should have no problems filling that bitch up with the rowdiest, craziest, most passionate fans in the NHL. They have, quite simply, fucking everything going for them.

And yet?

They're fucking boring. They maybe crawl into the playoffs, do nothing, and fizzle out. Nobody ever says "oh the wild will be dirt nasty in a few years." Nobody ever thinks its their year. The one year they made noise, they did so playing shutdown hockey and weren't even the most remarkable run of that playstyle in their own fucking conference

They are uninspired. Tepid. Forgettable. Their existence and continued, perpetual, inescapable, unchallenged mediocrity is an insult to the state of Minnesota. They are never good enough to matter, and never bad enough to rebuild.

They are milquetoast.

They are the mediocre, middle-menu, "nobody orders this but we are contractually obligated to serve it because if we don't people will ask questions" fare of the NHL, and its a goddamn infuriating disgrace.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

05-13-2022, 03:52 PMnarb111 Wrote: I'm especially curious to see what they do with Fiala. Dude had a unreal year, I wonder if they'll even be able to keep him with his contract ending this season and with this cap space issue, or if they move someone else to open some space.

They aren't keeping him, the negotiations went sour some months ago. He'll be traded sometime this offseason.

05-13-2022, 05:38 PMValpix Wrote: stealing a rant that i've posted before:

the wild are a team in one of the most rabid hockey hotbeds in the world. They have an unlimited budget, the potential for a fanbase rivalling any canadian team, and an astounding number of players who are local and would come home. They have one of the best logos in professional sports, an honestly great color scheme when they use creme, a great arena, and as far as I can tell their arena is close enough to both their fanbase and a downtown entertainment core that they should have no problems filling that bitch up with the rowdiest, craziest, most passionate fans in the NHL. They have, quite simply, fucking everything going for them.

And yet?

They're fucking boring. They maybe crawl into the playoffs, do nothing, and fizzle out. Nobody ever says "oh the wild will be dirt nasty in a few years." Nobody ever thinks its their year. The one year they made noise, they did so playing shutdown hockey and weren't even the most remarkable run of that playstyle in their own fucking conference

They are uninspired. Tepid. Forgettable. Their existence and continued, perpetual, inescapable, unchallenged mediocrity is an insult to the state of Minnesota. They are never good enough to matter, and never bad enough to rebuild.

They are milquetoast.

They are the mediocre, middle-menu, "nobody orders this but we are contractually obligated to serve it because if we don't people will ask questions" fare of the NHL, and its a goddamn infuriating disgrace.
The annoying thing is this is actually not true. They don't play boring defensive hockey at all. 5th in the league for goals this season (310)- for comparison, the Avalanche had 312. Kaprizov is amazing, but it's also been very fun this season to watch Greenway, Boldy, Fiala, Gaudreau, Zuccarello, Hartman, Eriksson Ek, etc. I'm completely at a loss for how they failed so badly to score in games 4/5/6 against a Blues team that didn't have 3 of their 6 starting defensemen beyond "the Blues wanted it more".

I wonder what the return for Fiala will be and what the main piece will be it will be centered around? Will it be a high pick in this draft or will it be some prospect that already has shown their NHL upside? Surely Fiala won't get that crazy of a contract considering he is a RFA that is arbitration eligible but should still command enough that most contenders can't really afford him. Maybe a team like the Kings who think they are towards the end of their rebuild will make a splash.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

05-14-2022, 12:39 AMAvakael Wrote:
05-13-2022, 05:38 PMValpix Wrote: stealing a rant that i've posted before:

And yet?

They are milquetoast.

The annoying thing is this is actually not true. They don't play boring defensive hockey at all. 5th in the league for goals this season (310)- for comparison, the Avalanche had 312. Kaprizov is amazing, but it's also been very fun this season to watch Greenway, Boldy, Fiala, Gaudreau, Zuccarello, Hartman, Eriksson Ek, etc. I'm completely at a loss for how they failed so badly to score in games 4/5/6 against a Blues team that didn't have 3 of their 6 starting defensemen beyond "the Blues wanted it more".
The point wasn't "they're boring as in playstyle," it was "they're boring as in they're just junk filler." And the one year they did make noise was their lone trip out of the second round in 2003, when they were trappy as hell but got out-trapped by the Ducks in a WCF so dull it set the sport back a full decade.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]