Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

PLAYER PROMPT

Archangelo's dad is a hockey player. The motivation is simple as that, when the dad is doing it, the young Archie has to join in on the fun. It doesn't matter that the first few outings onto the ice end up with faceplants and a lot of crying, soon little kiddo zipps around the ice and dad cannot be more proud. He takes the chance, signs him up for the young player program in the town, and soon little Archie holds a stick, and waves at his dad from the ice surface on his first ever actual game, in which he somehow managed to get absolutely nothing done outside of running into his teammate. Twice. But, dad is a hockey player, and little Archie can't shake that vision from his head, and obviously, dad cannot be happier that his son wants to follow in his footsteps. Junior obviously got further than his dad ever did, getting drafted to the SHL instead of just playing in European leagues, and yet, all Archangelo ever wanted to do is to be like his dad, and he can't be happier to see his proud dad cheer him on during his games.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

In Canada, hockey is just one of those sports that appeals to a lot of athletic-minded kids. Sarah Burke was no exception to this rule and grew up a die hard hockey fan who wanted to get more involved in the sport at the first opportunity that she could. Initially her parents encouraged her to play ringette like a lot of the other girls in her community, but it just didn't appeal as much to her and she wanted to play the "real thing", the sport that so many young Canadians aspire towards. Thanks to the support of her family she was able to get all of the equipment she needed at a young age, and she was lucky to have the opportunity to play in a mixed/co-ed youth league that gave her the opportunity to compete with a wider demographic in the sport and prove she could be a true competitor in a league among men, mooses, and all other dynamic characters.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Prompt 2

The big mistake is letting Evgeni Petrov host an event with a group of kids. The first few activities will start out relatively normal while the parents are still watching. Basic stuff like stretching while playing tag or something, Evgeni isn’t quite sure what kids like. Once the parents all leave for work or Jupiter, Evgeni leads them to the Atlanta stadium where he unveils his secret goalie lair filled with all sorts of cool activities. Stuff like pinball, video games, hot dog carts, the heads of all who wronged him, and Eko Van Otter with a guitar playing Wonderwall of repeat! The kids will love the goalie lair because normally no one outside Evgeni (or Eko) are allowed in, so this will leave a lasting impact on their lives as they can say they got to experience the inner machinations of Evgeni Petrov’s mind, and still live to tell the tale afterwards.

[Image: Us6kFH7.png]
[Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

Hockey has always been in the Jakobsen name and the blood line... For Mikael it was a way of life from the moment he was born.. When he was less than 6 months old, his mother brought him to his fathers SHL game for the Hamilton Steelhawks. His father, Magnus Jakobsen, was an elite future hall of fame sniper that played for multiple teams throughout his career. By the age of 10, he had already attended probably 50+ games, had skated on SHL surfaces and met tons of players throughout the league. The moment he could put a pair of skates on his feet he was out skating - pretending to be his hero, his father. It was always his dream to make the SHL and now just last season he was drafted by New Orleans. Specters

It's crazy how these things work. For Mikael it started with him in the stands, firing out of his seat every time he dad scored a goal or did something crazy on the ice. Fast forward and now it's his dad in the stands, firing out of his seat every time his son does something that reminds him of him on the ice..

Creative
In order to prepare the new young generation of kids the tenants of Zoltan (the hockey player, not to be confusing with the values and tenants of my lord and savior zoltan the cult leader) we start with a power point presentation. Hard work, don't give up, be friendly to all of your team mates. More of a mentality than anything else. Another big portion of the values has to do with loyalty. Do what you say you are going to do and be true to yourself. This makes Zoltan  tear up a little bit and then start yelling at the kids like a drill sergeant. Its the only way he can get the point across and drilled into their heads. Yelling so loudly that they will never forget these lessons and words. The kids walk out of the room a little bit surprised and exhausted. This is not what they would have expected from Mr. Zoltan.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

There were a few reasons that Buck got into hockey and has gone as far as he has. The first is that when living in Saskatchewan, there's not a whole lot to do during the winter months when you aren't farming so hockey seemed like the natural thing. It began with high school hockey being able to travel Sask a bitter better than if he was on a junior team. The second reason Buck plays hockey is because of his parents. They were his biggest fans, coaches and critics. If Buck made a mistake his parents would talk him through what to do better next time and how he could improve to not make that same mistake again. Buck plays hockey to make his parents proud and to prove that their time, effort, energy and all the coaching they've done was worth it. The best way Buck can pay them back is by doing his best and winning the big one.

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT

Well it's always really nice to give back to the community and so at our next Seattle community event we're going to be showing the kids that even they can run with the pros. So what we're gonna do is get a bunch of athletes from the area and put them into sports they know nothing about. I'm being put into baseball, which I'll admit, I know nothing about. I assume that means the programme's working well. I'm really hoping it'll be just like cricket and I'll be able to get a whole bunch of sixes and more importantly, I hope the kids don't really show off how bad my hand eye co-ordination can be at times. Moreover, I just can't wait to help inspire the next generation of athletes from Seattle and let them know that they can do anything they set their minds to.

[Image: blasoon.gif]

Written Task: Why did your player want to play hockey to begin with? What drew them to the game? Was it a supportive parent? A Hall of Fame hero? Maybe it's just the sound a skate makes when it cuts into the ice? What is it about hockey that's so special to your player? (150+ words)

Grogu was drawn to play hockey because of his mentor Sekai Wollker. After the destruction of the second Death Star, it seemed like the good guys had won and the Empire had been destroyed, although the price of victory was not cheap, seeing the collapse of the Jedi Order. However, remnants of the Old Empire regrouped and were insidiously infiltrating many otherwise innocent organizations throughout the galaxy. Sekai Wollker went to investigate one such rumor that the Simulation Hockey League was now under control of an evil Syndicate. So after Sekai had to rescue Grogu from Grand Moff Gideon, they traveled together to a remote mountain town on a distant planet, traded in their light sabers for hockey sticks, and begain training to become the greatest hockey jedis that ever existed! Their mission to eradicate the Evil Syndicate has just begun!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

I'm from Swansea. The closes ice rink is an hour away in Cardiff. My older sister played football. I didn't want to follow her. I went to some 3rd grade birthday party at the Cardiff rink and got hooked on skating. Forced my parents to sign me up and drive me to Cardiff for practice and games. I guess being that far from a rink you better make the most of the time you spend there. I started playing a level better than most kids. In high school I was playing the adult "beer leagues" and playing well. My school didn't have a team. I kind of figured I could go pro. Signed an agent who took all my money and scammed me. I missed the draft and thought I was done for. I was lucky Nevada took a chance on me. I made sure they didn't regret it. Now I'm probably the best player from Wales.

[Image: 35broks.gif]

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]

[Image: aRCIyeu.png]

When he was young, Jean-Uhtred Söderberg-Tremblay spent his summers at summer camp learning all kinds of stuff and the best values in life like friendship, honesty, sportsmanship, helping the other kids and so on. He eventually became a camp counselor, to help pay for all the hockey related stuff, because from power-skating intensive sessions with a professional coach to top-of-the-line equipment for maximum efficiency, that shit gets very expensive very quickly. So when he had a chance to be a part of an event with youngsters, his counselor persona (he chose "Electron" as his camp name) quickly took over. He had the kids play all his favorite games bringing back all the best memories, even those who are now deemed not politicaly correct (apparently playing Cowboy leads to mass shootings but JUST don't care). The kids all had a blast and learnt that the really important thing is to have fun and make friends even if you don't win!

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Player prompt:

Growing up in Germany, young Jonas Kahnwald always liked fast sports where speed was a big faster. he was often amongst the smaller side of his peers during his childhood but always made up for it with his quickness and his speed, which allowed him to excel in many of the sports that he played. When it came to hockey, it was no different. Many scouts worried and were hesitant about his size. How would he fare against the much larger players he would be facing in the SMJHL and eventually the SHL? But the Nefoundland Berserkers scouts saw something special in him and drafted him in the 2nd round with their first pick, and he proved them right, going on to win the defenceman of the year award in his 3rd and final seaosn in the J. And he's gone on to be nominated for both best overall defenceman and best defensive dman in his time in the SHL. So Jonas was inspired to prove people wrong about his abiltiies and show that he can keep up with and even dominate the big boys in a fast and physical sport.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

player prompt

Hockey has been my sports number one from the beginning. I always remember watching the Latvian team games together in my family and supporting our own. Certainly, at least under Latvian conditions, hockey is actually on the shoulders of parents, because the costs are quite expensive compared to other countries around them. So I would say yes my parents were the ones who dragged me into this game and I'm grateful to them. Of course, many associate this business solely with making money, but I think it's just a hobby for many others, and it creates positive feelings for me and the others, so I adore the game. All the sounds of the game are fabulous, open some video with the Latvian team game, then you will also see why I adore hockey. It's emotion. So, even at this moment, when there is a tense situation around the world, it is nice to know that there is a place where you can go out of the outside world and only connect to the game you love.

There's quite a few reasons why Lord Zomp decided to play hockey verse doing anything else in life that he had the opportunity to pursue. The number one reason was because of the money that he could get from playing. There's no question that professional athletes make an absolute fortune. He figured with that in mind, there's no easier way to make millions than skate around and pretend that you have the slightest idea of how to actually play. After first getting started, it didn't take long before realizing that he was actually good at playing hockey and had a legitimate chance of making a career out of it. Of course, he also enjoyed the fame that came along with being such a well known player in one of the most exciting cities in the United States. It won't be long until he has to pack his bags and make the journey to the polar opposite of Anchorage in the Tampa Bay Barracuda.

PLAYER PROMPT

For me, Walton Stromberg, it was mostly the audiovisual side in the first place, that drew me into hockey. Just the way the players move around the ice, gliding so smoothly with their skate blades satisfyingly biting the ice. And that is paired with everything being rounded - the rink, the puck, the crease, the faceoff circles. It creates the feeling of constant, fluid movement that is fascinating to watch.

Then there was also the way players are equipped, they are like armored knights with their sticks as swords. And with the logos in their chests, different kinds of colorful outfits. There is something majestic in that. And for a kid the logos are also so cool, with all the different kinds of interesting characters. It was later on when I learned to value the timeless, more abstract logos that could just have a letter or other symbols. But here was for example the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, one of the greatest logos of all time. And a lot of other cool animals - sharks, bears, leaping panthers, lions and so on.

[Image: sulov.gif]