Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

Prompt Two:

Gabriel Johnson and Ricky Koivu got together to host a special youth training event for some up and coming kids, as they both share an agent who looks to use them to get a paycheck whenever possible. At the event, Johnson was sharing his knowledge of the sport, which shockingly was very incorrect for the most part, and for a lot of the event Koivu had to correct things Johnson would advise to the kids. For starters, Johnson downplayed the importance of defense in the sport, saying that there's nothing wrong with overcommitting to offense because it boosts the amount of goals your team can score. After arguing a bit in private, the pair came back out and Koivu said that defense is a core part of on ice success for any player in the shl. Johnson also claimed that he should objectively be a hall of fame player several times and made his case to the uninterested children, but Koivu and the producers got things back on track eventually to stop Johnson from dragging down the quality advice participants could gain

(185 words)

CREATIVE PROMPT

so bunko koivu of the colorado raptors and the atlanta inferno from the sim hockey league and the sim major junior hockey league hatched an ingenious plan for how to teach kids to fall in love with hockey in the same way that he did way back when he was a kid as well. now what is included in the plan you might ask? well of course it is renting out a movie theatre and showing the kids nathan @micool132 explosion and simon @Briedaqueduc leblanc and dom @bilbo montgomery highlights from their time with the atlanta inferno also of the sim hockey league back in the S50s. wow what a blast from the past and what a dynamic trio! there were a few guy zheng highlights sprinkled in there too just as a small treat, a bit of an extra cherry on top. he really hopes seeing these old highlights will get the kids very excited about playing hockey and following in the footsteps of those atlanta inferno players! plus he plans to give them all free popcorn (any flavour!)

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Faker decided to take up hockey because he had already conquered League of Legends.  With multiple MVPs and Worlds Championships he's the undisputed GOAT.  It's hard to imagine another player ever coming close to topping the career he's had.  With his legacy cemented he started looking for a new challenge.  He tried basketball but is too short to compete on the world stage.  He tried baseball but years of gaming has left his arms weak.  So Faker turned his eyes to hockey a sport that already has a player's number retired league wide.  It has the challenge he's looking for and it has a extremely high skill ceiling.  Faker's reaction time and fine motor control will transfer very well to hockey.  After doing a Anime training arc for 3 weeks his fitness is up to snuff.  So he takes off to North America for his next challenge the SHL.  A Premier hockey league world wide, competing with the NHL for talent.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Leviadan. Wow. Honestly, with every PT prompt you write, you inspire me to write a great PT. Thank you for this, this is great. who inspired me? It would have to be Ben Waters. Wow, his goaltending was crazy and awesome. Sometimes, he would play goalie for me. and I would learn how to beat other goalies by trying to beat him. I really developed my snipers edge. So, in a way, you could say that it was a parent, and a hall of fame hero! haha. But really, hockey is so special to ben waters jr because he is really good at it and he likes playing it. Every time he skates on the ice? he feels natural, he feels happy, he feels like he's in the right place at the right time. Wow. wasn't that beautiful? So, next time you watch ben waters jr, hopefully he will inspire you to play better hockey like him.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gill.png]

Prompt 1

Makrus “The Tater” Jager has wanted to be a hockey player since he was in college. Growing up in Kessel Germany Makrus was always told to follow his dreams. His father was an artist and his mother a writer. Makrus knew if he followed his dreams, he too could do anything. The problem was he didn’t know what he wanted to do. Being a writer like his mom was too hard. Grammar is the worst. Being an artist took levels of creativity that Makrus just didn’t possess. Makrus spent most his teens trying and failing to find his passion. In some cases with disastrous results. I won’t even tell you about the baking incident. When Makrus finished school he went to university. While there he continued to try new things until he found hockey. Hockey was his rush. Everything about it was what Makrus wanted. The skating, the puck play, getting to talk shit to people way better than you while on the bench where they can’t hit you. However once the incident happened (see Makrus most wanted backstory) Makrus was able to escape Germany by playing hockey. Now Makrus plays hockey both because he loves it and to fuel his life on the run.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Written player task:

What makes hockey so special to Manon is the feeling. Since she was younger, she could remember going to the rink and seeing how effortlessly it looked to glide around on the ice. Her parents took her to her first hockey game when she was just a little girl, maybe 4. It was then, even as a little girl that she felt the need to do what the players were doing. Something had just clicked, and it certainly could not have gone any better than how it did. Manon was drawn to the game, and soon enough she was put into skating classes, buying her first set of skates. It wasn’t too long after that she was buying her first sets of gear. It would be these beginning days that would shape her into the player she is now. Without that spark, or those initials visits to the rink or small town games, she would have never fallen in love with the game like she had.

(167 words)

ISFL Affiliate

WSBL PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Growing up JR Frankenstero was always about Baseball, following in the footsteps of his Father, JR Frankenstero Sr.  But after being born in Iceland he spent most of his time growing up in Michigan, while even going to the University of Michigan himself, and becoming a four sport star there.  While growing up in Michigan, he was able to watch how the amazing (not defunct NHL Detroit Red Wings), have amazing players and wonderful Stanley Cup wins.  Seeing Henrik Zetterberg skate down the ice, thread passes through players legs, and then after getting the pass back fire lasers into the goal was something to behold.  He knew if he ever wanted to try another professional sport after school, Hockey would be the next one after Baseball.  And his love of Hockey was born then, thanks to all of those amazing Red Wings.  Henrik is his true hero, but if somehow JR Frankenstero could become the next Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe,,, just think of how his name will be said by generations in the future!

Code:
176 Words
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 10:15 PM by Thunfish. Edited 1 time in total.)

Interviewer: So, what led you to the sport of ice hockey?
Harrier: I like it. I mean, it's one of the things I like to do the most in my life, you see? And since I ain't all that bad in it, I get to play professionally. Nice, isn't it?
Interviewer: And what would you do for a living if you couldn't play it?
Harrier: Hmmm... I wanna say skateboarding but I guess I'd just join my folks' line of work. It's a bit dangerous and all but I can roll with it, y'know. Got the experience and all that jazz.
Interviewer: When did you find out you liked the sport?
Harrier: Ah, when I was pretty young, like... seven years old or so. My folks threw me to try a bunch of sports and this was one of the few I enjoyed. Skateboarding's great too. So, y'know, stick with something you like and happen to be decent at, everything will be alright in the end.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Viktor Krunk wanted to be a hockey player mainly because his father took him to hockey games when he was young. He had a natural level of balance which was always going to give him an advantage on the ice, but he was also dedicated to his dream. The relative poverty he grew up in meant that Krunk wanted something more than the life he was offered, and he saw hockey as a way out of a place that didn't appeal to him. Even at a young age, he knew that athlete money and the opportunity to travel the world would give him more than he would be able to earn in life otherwise, so he learned to love the game. He put many hours into his skating and puckhandling as a young child, and it couldn't have paid off any more now that he's living in the USA and competing with the best.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Written Task: 1

A young Esa Parmborg grew up watching his uncle, SHL legend Esa Anrikkanen and idolized him, wanting to be exactly like him and become an SHL superstar one day. Uncle Esa used to bring little Parmborg to Dragons games and it was an amazing experience. He got to go into the locker room and see all the Dragons jerseys hangings in the lockers before the games, there was something majestic about it. Then was allowed in to celebrate a few of his uncle's 5 challenge cups after the games as well which was an amazing experience. He knew from a young age that becoming an SHL player was what he wanted to do, he wanted those same experiences. There's was something special about it to him and his uncle Esa Anrikknanen blazing a trail and setting SHL records had a lot to do with it. Growing up around the game and in the same family as an SHL legend set young Parmborg on a path to greatness. He loves the game, he loves the history of the game and the league. He's happy to be a part of it now and have fulfilled his dream.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Ronlain's inspiration for playing hockey was simply a love of the game growing up. Watching all the stars skate on the ice 3-4 times a week during the winters on the TV with his dad. It's a love of the game that grew winter after winter spending time with his family and cheering on the team he loved. Then, when he got old enough it became a sport that he not only loved to watch but loved to play. Something about being out there on the ice, practically walking on water, that really feels special. Something about the comradery that builds with your teammates over the course of a season. Something about just being part of a special group all working towards the same goal that really makes it all worth it at the end of the day. Every time he laces up the skates he knows it's going to be a special and memorable game one way or the other.

Code:
161 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 10:26 AM by lukamagic.)

Ice hockey is pretty popular in Luka's country, but nobody in his family either played hockey or even like it. One random day, when he was young, he came across a video of the Slovenian Ice Hockey Team playing online. It was actually like soccer on ice with skates and sticks, which his father was a professional player of. He was super interested and found a game online. He used to play it everyday, every minute, then he found a real ice hockey academy in his hometown. While on a walk with his family, he asked his family to let him attend the academy. The parents were initially apprehensive about his consistency and thought he would leave after a couple of months and waste their money. But once they saw the persistence with which he was asking them, they went with him to the academy and he started his first day there. In just a month, he was one of the best players at the academy. His journey started at age 11, and it's been going ever since.