Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

SSL Affiliate

Big Big Big Sweg

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

PT Affiliation

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Roddy gravitated to hockey for the same reasons anyone is drawn to the sport: it's fast, exciting, and full of hot boys with big, toight badonks. Coming from a successful beach volleyball career, Roddy was supported by his mothers, as well as his mentor: Slovakian Beach Volleyball legend Gengershilin Bobnokov Gergenlishin. The transition was difficult, but as a Canadian kid he had already been skating since he could walk. The conditioning was there, and after a few months of dedicated work, he got his skills up to the point where he felt confident stepping out. From there, he had the opportunity to practice with the UBC hockey team, and got some valuable experience there. When he signed up for the SMJHL 
Entry Draft in Season 59, the rest is history.

From a beach volleyball stud to the captain of the Carolina Kraken, and then one-time rookie Captain and co-gm of the Montreal Patriotes. Roddy B truly has no ceiling on his potential. within the next 3 seasons he is on track to become one of the top power forwards in the league.

[Image: banes.png]

What drew Lemo to the game of hockey can be said to be twp generations of video games. The first generation was his dad accidentally discovering hockey through the magic of EA Sports NHL 2000 once upon a time. While Lemo's dad also tried on the skates and donned the armor and flashed the hockey stick occasionally, he never had any plans of doing it professionally.  But when little Lemo then discovered the same NHL series a few years later, he was equally if not even more enthralled by the fast paced action and the whole aesthetic of the hockey world and demanded that he be given a chance to play ice hockey for real! And so, since little Lemo was not an easy kid to dissuade from his wants and wishes, his father decided to do everything he could to provide his son that chance. And the rest, as they say, is history!

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

PLAYER PROMPT

There was stories told with in the family that Truck was born with skates on his feet, He apparently knew how to skate forward before he could run! These are only stories though! He was fascinated by his father who taught him how to skate. As he grew older and got access to the internet he would watch NHL game highlights. There were few players who inspired him. Matthew and his brother Brady Tkachuk, Henrik Lundqvist and Uwe Krupp. He became a forward due to his fandom of the Tkachuk brothers, both sharing a similar playstyle which is usually not the case. He wanted to become like them, only he wasn't blessed with a brother, or any siblings for that matter. His goal in life is to find that "brother" he never had, who shares similar playstyle so they can compete whose better at their position, which keeping it real and friendly

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

I think what makes hockey so important to me is that it's just so different from all of the other sports that you typically see in Europe. Soccer was such a prevalent sport in Ireland when I was a child, and even played myself, but something about the pure speed and physicality of hockey drew me to it immediately. I grew up watching Irish legends like Bags O'Bigbers and wanted to follow in their footsteps, instead of taking the traditional path of footballing. There's also so few ice rinks in Ireland, especially when I was younger, the fact it was so rare to watch a live game also added to the mystery behind it. Since then, it's gained such a huge boost of popularity a it's almost on par with soccer. That awe behind the game continues to inspire me, and hoping that one day I can go back home to inspire others to join the sport as well.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

My player played hockey because of how much respect I have for people that play the sport in real life. I think that it takes a lot of courage,strength,and determination to play a sport like this. This sport of hockey is very demanding on your body as well as your mind. I think that it is fun though to see knowing the plays you can see that you wouldn't see in any other sport. I believe that this is the hardest sport to accomplish doing because there are injuries involved as well as families as well that you have to consider when going to another team potentially. It's a good sport and I don't want to stop playing it at all and I want to have a good long career here or other places as I go from place to place to win a championship.

150 words

Prompt 1

Growing up, Tomas was always exposed to games of the old Detroit Red Wings and the home town hero of Tomas Holmström. Posters on the wall of him standing in front of the net and giving up his body for a chance at a rebound or screening the goalie. Both of Lind's parents were avid hockey fans and encouraged Tomas (Lind not Holmström) to start skating at a young age, and fortunately for their hopes and ambitions, he loved it. Hours upon hours was spent watching the play of the physical Holmström, trying to perfect the skill of obstructing the view of the goaltender and strengthening his build to be able to fight off the opponent's defenders. The physical exertion was something that became a rush for him basically became what Tomas hoped to focus most of his playing career continuing to do in a professional league.

Code:
Words: 152

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Growing up in Sweden, hockey culture is huge, it's the second biggest sport in the country behind soccer, and Simonsson wasn't a fan of the pure amount of running involved over a span of 90 minutes in a football match. So, he turned to the many ice rinks in town and would oft put on SHL games on his TV at home late at night or early in the morning (as Sweden was obviously off time to the North American schedule). He grew up watching fellow countryman Kristian Eriksson play 1200 games for Toronto, and would often try and wake up early to watch Toronto games just to catch him. Eriksson was his hero, and made him give his all to hockey to one day play in the same league as he did. Without Eriksson, Simonsson probably wouldn't have dedicated all his time to hockey and gone onto work and take over his fathers small convenience store back home

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Player Prompt

Tommy Thompson hasn't made it to the SHL yet, but he could have never guessed when he first laced up his skates that he would have ended up hearing his name called by the Buffalo Stampede on draft night. Originally, Thompson picked up hockey mostly to keep his parents happy: it wasn't his first choice of a sport, but it was a sport that he was well-suited to, and they insisted he had to have some kind of extra-curriculars. It eventually developed into a passion by the time of his early teens, and he took to watching the SHL live on television every night. He was drawn not to Buffalo, but rather to the Colorado Raptors of the SMJHL that operated out of his home town -- and he would later become a fan of the Baltimore Platoon, even as they struggled to reach their old heights.

By the time Thompson started attending higher level hockey camps as his status as a future potential SMJHL player became more of a possibility, he fell under the mentorship of Rintauro Okabe, ironically of Buffalo pedigree. Okabe taught him a lot about the game and encouraged him to try to make the SHL, and perhaps one of the most important lessons he taught him was this: it's alright that Thompson, like Okabe, might not have the raw skill to set the league on fire. At the end of the day, what really matters is that you do the best you can with what you're given.

That has been Thompson's guiding principle ever since, and he still longs for the day that he can finally play his game at the SHL level.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

player prompt

My biggest motivation to play hockey stems from patriotism against my country, as well as the fact that my parents have directed me into this kind of sport. Without them, I wouldn't be the one I am at the moment and trying to prove with every game that everything invested in development is capable of producing a result. If I wasn't a patriot of my country, I certainly wouldn't be so special in this game, but every time I can put on a Team Latvia uniform I feel much better and its emotions are indescribable. Maybe many think I'm willing to accept being a backup goalie, but it's not. I like competition because it brings real benefits to development, I am delighted to be able to play in my club with the same goalkeeper as Team Latvia. But in total, hockey has been put into my heart by parents and state achievements in general, because without them I would not be able to give heart and soul to develop even more and become the best gatekeeper for Latvia has been.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Pt pass

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

PT pass

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]