Create Account

S65 PT #3: The Pest Around

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

When your team is down my 3 goals late in the third and you need to get something going, there is a few options you can do to make this happen. You see, it is all about getting in the other players heads and throwing them off when they get on the ice. When you line up in the face off, all you need to do is start yapping at them and drooling and make threatening faces. Much like you would see if a squirrel has rabies, or a feral cat. The unfortunate part is, they've seen you all game and know who you are already. So this is where you must do something surprising to get their attention and really throw them off. So, you do what any sane person would do and take a deuce in your pants and start asking them if they want to smell your fingers. Of course, it's not actually poop, it's just your line mates snickers bar they forgot about. But that's okay, because you put on some Sex Panther cologne in between the periods and the smell alone throws them off, combined with the little bits of melted chocolate on the outside of your gloves and near the top of your pants. So you make every attempt to get them on the ground and sit as close to their face as possible. It really really really makes them uncomfortable and throws them off their game. Coach keeps you out there to mess with their D and then puts the top line out and they get the glory, but it's all spanks to you.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

mitchell van der heijden has never denied being a pest. yes, he is a skill player first and foremost, and yes, for the most part he does a fantastic job of staying out of the penalty box, but van der heijden has his ways of getting under the skin of the opponents he plays against. it depends on the team. he normally plays as a pest against certain teams that he dislikes, simply because he wants to get under their skin. if it's new orleans, he quite simply chirps them with references to their past transgressions. if that doesn't do the trick, he'll go through with a hit a biiiiiit late or make net-front battles a bit too uncomfortable. he normally does everything bar the chirps against any team he wants to be a pest against, but the chirps do change per team; however, van der heijden tries not to be a pest unless it is absolutely necessary.

player option

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Written Task: Does your player have it in them to be a pest? Do they enjoy finding ways to irritate their opponents even if they can't find a way to actually win the game? Or is this kind of thing beneath you? Are you a good ol' hockey player through and through? Maybe a mix of both? If you are a bit of a pest, tell me some of the tricks your player likes to get up to. If you aren't, tell me what your player thinks of other players that DO like to do these things.

Sven has had a lot of experience being a goon in the past. He's notorious for getting misconducts in games that are going well, so it's not difficult for him to turn on the aggression in games where his opponents are showboating. He's got a rocket of a shot, but even on the best of days his accuracy is piss poor...so there may be some shots that travel a bit high and off, towards some smug faces. Or he may get a little creative with his stick, using it to slash or check an annoying opponent to the ground. It's a great way to let off some steam AND get off the ice. The only thing more annoying than being in a doomed game is having to continue go through the motions until the end, so venting some aggression and making an early night is the best case scenario for all involved. (152 words)

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Being on the Monarchs, I'm used to not winning this season.  However, I HATE losing to this particular team, and to see them laughing and enjoying themselves in my barn is just adding insult to injury.  As a deer, I have a lot of fur, and during games, any loose fur can come off.  Well, I have decided that every time I get near their bench, I'll shake a little and hopefully any loose fur gets unstuck and flies over into their bench area.  The hope would be that the fur would annoy them, whether it sticks onto their clothes, or if it tickles their noses, as long as it gets them uncomfortable in some way.  I also need some sort of way to vent my anger out, so any hits I do, I would hit them just a smidge harder. I'm already holding back some because of my strength, as I don't want to injure anyone, but some bruising wouldn't be too bad.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

Player prompt:

Beck is absolutely a pest defenseman. Have you seen his PIMS over the past few seasons? I think he's taken one too many bites of peoples' ears. Throughout his later junior career and his early SHL career, Beck is not afraid to use his strength and aggression to get into the dirty areas and take some cheap shots. A good facewash and headlock is always a good go-to as a defenseman. If it's around your own net, a lot of the times it gets overlooked as protecting your goalie. While he's not afraid to get dirty, he isn't as fast to drop the gloves. I think he has only been in 3 fights in his career, maybe winning 2? He's just that defenseman that you hate playing against but would love to have on your team. Good job Winnipeg for realizing that! Trash talk skill is a 20 for sure. Just keep your head up out there, people, Beck's coming!

(WC: 160)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Hockey Prompt

There is a pretty clear line when it comes to annoying pest-like behaviours and pranks. There is no place for such nonsense during actual games against real opponents. If the spirit of sportsmanship is broken by trying to throw opponents off their game, then clearly the line was crossed. These sorts of harmless things are absolutely fine if the prank victim is a close teammate or friend during practice, but that's pretty much the only scenario where it's okay. If pest tactics are still something you really want to use, there are other ways to pester your opponents during a game while still playing well within the rules and without just being petty or annoying. At the end of the day the main focus of all players should be to defeat their opponents with style and skill rather than with mental games and annoyances. The victims of a prank always need to be in a position or mindset where you can guarantee they'll also be laughing about it in the end.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Prompt 1

Evgeni Petrov absolutely has what it takes to be the pest on the rink. His first trick of the trade is to reach into his trademarked “bag of dead rodents” and proceed to start throwing them at the opposing teams bench to shock them into retiring on the spot. If they resist the rodents, he takes out his boombox from the bench and starts blaring “Friday” by Rebecca Black at maximum volume. This doesn’t bother Evgeni as he doesn’t understand the word Friday but he knows everyone else can hear it so he uses it to torture. If that still doesn’t work, he breaks out the piece de resistance. He grabs his phone and makes a call, suddenly out of nowhere that old youtuber Fred or whatever his name was comes sprinting towards the bench. He leaps onto the bench while screaming and shouting like he did in the one video Evgeni has seen, and the entire team quits in protest, leaving Atlanta the default winners.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

ISFL affiliate PT

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Hockey prompt.

As a general rule, I am against annoying things in day to day life; this is true for hockey as well. I am not into people trying to toe the line or skirt the rules in order to get a small advantage. On a personal level it seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of gain, which is simply not a particularly efficient use of one's time. Further, don't you want to win based on your merits, your skills as a player, and not with the help of some goofy prank or being weird? It just seems very juvenile and amateurish to me. Like this is stuff you'd do playing hockey as a kid to make your friends laugh. It's not something that you'd expect out of professionals who take the game seriously and have been working hard at perfecting their craft as long as they have. Then again, I've never been into all those prank shows like Jackass that everyone seems to love either, so perhaps I'm in the minority on this one.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Player Prompt

Pablo Salvatici of the Simulation Hockey League franchise named the Inferno that is based out of Atlanta, Georgia in the United States of America definitely has what it takes to be a pest towards other players in the Simulation Hockey League. He especially likes pulling off shenanigans against former junior teammates or people that he trains with during the offseason. One of his favourite moves to pull off that irritates and annoys the opposing players to no end is taking a page from the book of Lance Stephenson of the National Basketball Association, also known as the NBA, which is blowing in his opponent's ear while lining up for the faceoff. This definitely irritates them and gives them a weird sensation in their ear that might throw them off once play resumes. He has even managed to untie someone's skate before the puck is dropped. He is not above snowing the goalie or trying to fling someone's stick into the air after stick lifting them. Pablo loves to annoy other players and takes great care in coming up with new techniques to fuck with people for his own amusement.

189 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Oh, this is easy. Malik has plenty of experience being a pest, having made it his life's mission to annoy Kauppinen and McFelter to hell and back. Firstly, start laughing back. It doesn't matter that we don't have a reason to laugh. That's the point. Get in their heads. They'll stop laughing and we'll keep laughing to a comeback win. Next, little shots after the whistle. Small enough to not have the ref notice, but big enough to work them over right to the edge of lashing out. Once they do, everyone hold it in. We want the powerplay, hold your ego in a bit. We'll get the last laugh. Lastly, keep trash talking. Just cause you're losing don't mean you go quiet. Keep it going. Ramp it up if anything. Your mentality shouldn't change if you REALLY want to be a pest. If you can't get trash talk about the score, pick up something else. They look weird. They missed the net. Talk about how you're gonna pull off the comeback. Get in their head any way you can. Don't forget to laugh in their face once you do pull it off.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

I have to say that's quite the interesting scenario to present for a PT, so good job on that! My player has been a two-way player for most of his career so far, but one who relies on positioning and a quick stick and not necessarily on hits and physicality to win pucks. However, you do need a certain mean streak in order to be successful as a hockey player unless you want to be a purely one-dimensional offensive dynamo who keeps out of most aspects of the game except for the goalscoring. So Evan can definitely hold his own when things get rough although he prefers to not be the one to instigate things. So the desfiption of pest doesn't really fit him too well but if someone else starts shit, be it from the opposing squad or his own team, he is usually one of the first guys to get in the mix - and then his exact reaction depends on the type of situation the team is in at the moment. He will try to calm things down when he things a quiet and unemotional game is better for his team at this point, or in order to score some points with the referees, but can be just as happy to agonize the opposition even further with some dirty hidden tricks or throw some pushes or punches if he things an escalation is appropriate, either to boost his team, the arena or just to send a message because some things just aren't acceptable.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]