Create Account

S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony

With a new season on the Horizon, its hard for Slavakov to not be excited. San Francisco was one of the best teams in the league last season and they made some big offseason moves, specifically in adding JUST to the forward group. This is also Slavakov’s first season as a defenseman, and that’s where a lot of his anxiety lies. Since he was a young kid in Russia he’s always played as a power forward type of player, but now he will need to be more defensively responsible and focus less on scoring goals and focus more on keeping goals out. However, his coach has said he will still be involved offensively, passing and facilitating offensive play. He also will be on a defensive pair with Rikard Bjerg, the reigning defensive defenseman of the year, so Slavakov is excited about his new defensive opportunity. When the puck drops, Slavakov will be ready for another great season.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

WSBL Affiliate Task

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

Player Prompt

WIth respect for the upcoming season, GK feels that they have a lot more riding on living up to the hype that they generated this past season. Winning a few league awards this past season, and leading the league in points GK does feel the pressure of having to perform to that standard again, as to not be written off as a one hit wonder. I would say GK would be feeling a mixture of stress, and excitement as he gets to play in front of a new crowd in Winnipeg, however with that comes expectation as he signed during his career year season, and expectations are there that he reach the same heights.

GK is really just trying to get accustomed to his new teammates, and the coaching system, and meditating alot to really clear his mind and give it his all on the ice, so that even if he does end up not reaching his past success he will know he did what he could to get as close as possible, and hopefully help Winnipeg get far in the playoffs.

(182 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

There are a lot of potential things that the Chicago Syndicate could do to kick off the season with a bang. Definitely, one of the obvious possibilities is having a fireworks ceremony. This would be a great way to involve the fans as well, since they would all be able to see it throughout the city of Chicago. If the Syndicate were simply to just hold a huge party for all the players and staff on the team, the fans would not exactly be getting anything to celebrate the start of the new season (other than, you know, the actual hockey games that they will get to see). Of course, you can always do both, still having a big party for the team yet also a celebration later on for the fans to have. So it would be great to hold a fireworks celebration, maybe after the first regular season game outside of the Chicago Syndicate's arena.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

Seamus knows that its another year down in the junior league while he gets used to the pace of the big times. 3 seasons down with Nevada and each one has been an improvement on the year before. In the offseason, a lot of our top forwards were called up to the big leagues so it's going to be rough. Thankfully, Seamus is ready to step up so he can be the anchor the teams needs. There's a lot of fresh blood that needs the reminded that beer is a motivator, and that good hockey comes from the heart. So while he is nervous for the season to start, there is nothing stopping him from revving up the good old fashion way. This season will be telling, but if the team doesn't perform to expectations then next season is really going to be what it's all about. A lot of our new players have panache and I know there's going to be a good ol fashion Nevada buttchecking in the seasons to come.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

The moments before the first game of every season are of course special, the cheering crowds and the teams on the ice both loaded with the promise of what could be achieved and on the other hand the slight fear of falling short of expectations in the end. By now, Lemo has gained enough experience of both kinds not to let himself be swayed too much by the initial emotion of the first kickoff and instead concentrates on keeping a cool head and just being the best he can be from the first shift to the last, taking from every preceeding shift the small lessons to be taken from successes and failures alike and leaving the grief over those failures for other people to wallow in. 

Of course he has felt those opening night jitters too in his career. The first time suiting up for a new team, those are the ones he remembers most. That moment when his name is first called by the announcer to the fans of his new team. Is the cheer one of hype and hope or rather one of only cautious optimism. It was that once upon a time first suiting up as a complete unknown undrafted free agent for the Anchorage Armada (although he missed the actual opening night there, joining the team already a few games into the season), then later as a rookie for Texas Renegades. But then only last season, his first with the Toronto North Stars, Lemo was indeed greeted with a fabulous cheer of that hype and hope as the centerpiece of the team’s blockbuster trade that summer.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Some have said that Danny C really hasn't been all there for the past few seasons. He's been quiet and hasn't done much of anything to improve his game. That said, a new season means new opportunities and Danny is going to put in a little work and see how it goes. He seems to still have something left in the tank to give and so give it he shall. Hopefully this new found drive and sudden interest can help propel the Steel Hawks to a championship, although admitibly I have no idea if the team is projected to be any good or not. Once alls said and done a few goals and assists and a nice relaxing season is all im really hoping for this season. A fight or two would be fun as well, altho I don't think I have any skill for it. You never know though! A lucky punch to the chin is all it takes and stranger things have happened.

Code:
169 words

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

Player prompt-

Here we fucking go again. I have not high hopes for the season. But definitely higher than last season. Starting the season with a back to back then a string of games I should be starting in a row.

So let do it let’s go.

Not the best start but I will take it. Numbers aren’t bad seeing the puck well. This should continue through the first week right?

Right?

Nope. I am a shitter. I can not stop a puck to save my dogs life. This is worse case scenario. Code red. We are fucked. I have gone this far and it is wasted. What a waste of space. What am I doing. Why am I even here?! What the fuck is happening.

It all started so decent. But now my true colors are shining through. I am a waste of roster space. My father was right. He said I would never amount to anything, that I was destined to fail. Well here you go dad, you were right.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT

Karl is now very used to the jitters. Calm the nerves and play the game that you know how to play. Don't try to over extend, that leads to mistakes. It is an absolute wonderful feeling getting back on the ice for regular season games. The feeling of the cool air rising off the surface hitting your face, the slight scent of ammonia at the start of the season from the fresh ice going in, it wakes up the systems. All the offseason thoughts of should I retire? Should I move? Am I washed up? Are all gone.

The excitement is overwhelming. The stadium is packed, crowd buzzing. They might be on paper a little worse off, but anything can happen in the playoffs, it's just a matter of making it to the dance. He still has some gas left in the tank, he can still put in good work, and continue his path towards milestones. His time isn't quite up yet, and until it is he's going to be giving his all.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Prompt 1

Come one, come all to the opening night for your very own Chicago Syndicate! We will be offering all fans in attendance all you can eat fried chicken!! Yes this is fried chicken of call kinds, classic fried chicken, korean fried chicken, chicken wings, bonesless chicken wings! Now if that isnt enough we will also have over 25 sauce flavors available for you to choose from! Do you like it hot? Saucy? Dry rub? Cheesy? We got you covered for all your fried chicken needs!! To go with this offering, we will also have free milkshakes for everyone! Chocolate? Strawberry? Cookie Dough? Maybe you are feeling fancy and want to blend a shot of espresso into your milkshake, we got you covered across the board! Now it would not be Chicago without offering some deep dish pizza! There will be syndicate specials available all night, as well as our very own syndicate mascot that you can take photos with to remember the special night!

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Code:
creative prompt - 184 words

Opening night in Winnepeg is going to be nuts. Before even entering Northern Lights Arena, fans are invited to attend the Opening Night Party, presented by Jack Box Games, starting at 5 p.m. This free event outside the arena is open to the public and includes live music and dance performances, interactive games, drinks and snacks, photo opportunities by the brand-new 3D WPG letters and more. Live performances on the outdoor stage by Toro y Moi and The Blue Man Group (but painted WPG green).

Once inside the arena, ticketed fans can pick up their LED bracelets, presented by Dunkin, from their seats to be part of the exciting Opening Night Pregame Show, and fans can receive autographs on the concourse from Winnipeg legends like Ron Mexico, Jason Visser, Luke Fleming and more.

Also on the Northern Lights Arena concourse, fans will be greeted with several new features to enhance the gameday experience. The biggest updates from the last time thousands of fans entered are the restaurants on the southeast side of the building, including Rainforest Cafe and Guy Fieri's Dive and Taco Joint.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2022, 06:05 PM by hhh81.)

Prompt 1

When the Regina Elk approached M’Baku Olubori and his agent, Johnny Hamilton, for ideas for a huge opening night celebration, it was clear things were about to get wild…. Literally. No one has ever mistaken Regina for a diverse place, but Olubori planned to bring some African flavor to the sleepy province. It was like a full circus came into town. Elephants! Well-trained exotic birds! Dancers in traditional Wakandan dress! And, of course, M’Baku Olubori at the center of it all in a loincloth riding a giant elk. Like a gladiator in ancient Rome, Baku looked like a champion, king of kings. All eyes were on him and this unadulterated celebration of Black excellence. One (overly intoxicated) woman decided shouting inappropriate and offensive things was a good call during this display. Nevertheless, one of the hornbills got the last laugh (or should I say, the crowd got a laugh) as that woman was sprayed with bird feces.

Days later, the local news coverage in Abuja of the game resulted in cheers and pride seeing Olubori lead such a display of their culture to the wider world.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

The opening night for the Seattle Argonauts off the Simulation Hockey League happens in the city of Seattle, Washington of the United States of America. This opening night for the Seattle Argonauts in the Simulation Hockey League is always a big one especially since the team has a lot of buzz around it after a good season last season. The Seattle Argonauts off the Simulation Hockey League are doing a fan festival including concerts as well as rides and family friendly activity. The theme for the festival is obviously Argonaut theme with many things relating to what most call Argonauts being brought in. Some examples include fake swords, helmets, and rides like the boat swing ride. This open day for the Simulation Hockey League in Seattle is for all fans alike. Overall the Seattle Argonauts off the Simulation Hockey League put on a good show for their fans. It ends off with a nice fireworks show after the game as well as more entertainment like concerts, beer gardens, etc. Opening night is a fun time across the Simulation Hockey League but especially in Seattle.

(184 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

157 words

Atlanta opening day requires fire, and a lot of it. Now the sensible thing to do here would be to would be hire professionals who are trained to do it. That’s not fun. What’s fun is giving your mentally unstable goalie a flamethrower and an unlimited budget of things to light on fire. First things first, we’re getting a giant wooden effigy of Atlanta’s worst enemy, the Puritans. We’ll get a giant puritan statue at center ice after which Evgeni will swing in on a rope, flamethrower in hand, and light it ablaze while screaming “FREEDOM” at the top of his lungs. Up next we’re bringing an actual phoenix to the arena to showcase how powerful the being is. The downside of this is the phoenix isn’t a real animal so it’s a chicken we’ve spray painted red and set on fire. Not quite as impressive but still completely off the wall insane and fitting for Atlanta.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Before the start of the hockey season, Melvin was definitely nervous. He had just moved, found himself in a new place and with new teammates, but there was at least one constant that was with him, Adelie de Pengu. As Melvin awaited getting onto the ice for the very first game with Chicago, he felt his stomach churn a little bit. To say he was nervous was an understatement, to be fair. He wanted to vomit. But he knew that he couldn't stain the brand new ice of his team, that wouldn't go over well. Melvin was really hoping that he was going to be able to go back into the locker room instead of onto the ice. Staring out down the tunnel into the arena, Melvin took a deep breathe and chewed a little bit on his hockey stick. Being a twig lover, he was really into chewing on his wood to try and calm himself, but it wasn't always a good idea. With a few gnaw marks in the end of his stick, he hobbled out on his skates and onto the ice for a warmup with his very first game with Chicago.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]