Create Account

S66 PT #2: Freaky Friday

Hockey Prompt

It would be the best for the team to shoot an another puck to my head so I go back as a player. I really don't know much about X and O when it comes to the game. I played hockey when I was younger but as a goalie. So most of the time I was just standing in the crease while the skaters would listen to the coaches for the drills at center ice. I would also be an awful leader for the squad, there's really not many things I feel I could bring as a head coach. I agree with your idea of 5 forwards on the PP could work and we rarely see it. The best shooters are usually forwards, put the two best at the blueline and I feel there would be a lot more offense generated. And on the PK, Id say why not use 4 d-men and just clog the front of the net. I feel an offensive gifted d-man like Quinn Hugues should play some shifts as a winger/d-man in a same match. I don't get why someone can't play 2 positions.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

If Sophie Bordeleau was suddenly transported into a different universe, she'd probably be a farmer in the country somewhere. She lives in the big city with the team now in Quebec City, but sometimes she dreams of moving to a farm near a village and growing her own food. She'd live a good, simple life, being able to provide for herself and get back to nature by embracing the world around her. It wouldn't be lonely either; she'd move there with her girlfriend and they would be so close to each other, with no one else's opinion that matters. Sophie and her girlfriend would have the chance to truly be part of a tight-knit community where the residents and community members look out for each other and provide for the common goods of the village. Lastly, Sophie would be able to start a family in a safe place where her and her girlfriend could raise kids as growing members of a close community.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Back in the day, the strategy was largely to push everything on one player and really ride that singular player. It seems nowadays, in the new engine, that is a viable option again. It may not make you that great of a team, but it is able to really drive up your individual value. Think of it like the old McZehrl-driven teams, where he put up like 70 points on a team that won maybe 20 games.

So the thing is, that means there's going to be a very distinct opportunity. You may be able to get away with some cap space if maybe you only need to have one and half truly great players that you can stack all the minutes on, maybe. Considering the way the cap works, it kind of forces you that way as is, and you could be successful doing so.

Now we have to judge, what can actually be successful in that kind of world. Realistically, with fewer shifts and those few shifts going extremely long, you want to focus more on specialties. Get more defensive players for those third lines and pairs, aim to have only a couple of offensive minded defensemen and have a solid four defensively minded forwards.

With that team building philosophy in play, you have the ability to push those minutes on the offensive minded players at 5v5 and 5v4, and with that be able to really pump up their statistics and driving play your way when it matters. You're already going to lose those PK minutes, don't waste time losing 2 minutes for your best players when those minutes can be had later where they can actually make something happen for you positively.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Code:
Written Task:  Now that you're a big time hockey tactician, tell me about your plans! If you got to coach a pro team, what kind of things would you want to explore? Do you feel like there's a facet of the game that isn't being exploited by current coaches? Weird plays you'd like to try? Something like running five forwards on the power play? Sky's the limit! I want to hear what interesting or fun ideas you'd have if you got to be the bench boss. (150+ words)

Aksel skates headfirst into the Rage coach and awakens from the collision in the coach's aged body. He shakes off the body aches and the weirdness and immediately gets to work - coach seems to feel the same because he dusts himself off, does a few crossovers in Aksel's body, whoops loudly and gets on with the drill. Aksel finishes practice and immediately mixes up all the lines, mostly throwing Jesper onto the first line to try and break his 30% shots made out of spite. It completely backfires, and somehow Jesper finishes the next 2 games with 35%. Coach, meanwhile, hasn't made a single shot and spends most of the games in the penalty box, spending every minute on the ice bashing into the other team with absolutely no tact and even slew-footing a few unsuspecting opponents. He quickly becomes the most hated player in the league. Aksel crashes into him first thing next practice, sets things to rights, and tells media he had a head injury. Everyone just kind of accepts that.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 12:06 AM by JMacNCheese. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:PLAYER PROMPT - A stray puck takes a weird bounce in practice and-- oops! You got bonked on the noggin! To your surprise, you wake up as yourself, but with a different life!

Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

160 Words

If waking up after getting hit in the head with a puck and Bnana NWaffles was not a hockey player anymore, they would be a Food Network chef specializing in desserts and making Flavor Town money! Would appear weekly three times on the Food Network Channel. One show would be able making dessert, and the signature dishes would always include bananas of some sort, waffles, bananas in waffles, bananas on waffles, waffles with banana flavored syrup, if its got bananas and/or waffles in it, it will be in the show! The second show will be Bnana driving around to all the best dessert places that many may not know about and recommended by locals to check out. Finally, the third show will be called Sweet's Kitchen, where contestants will need to make desserts while they are getting complemented by Bnana and the judging cast.

Bnana NWaffles restaurants will be all over Vegas and all the large cities and cruise lines!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Affiliate PBE PT

Code:
HOCKEY PROMPT- On a line change gone haywire, you find yourself careening towards your coach and-- oops! You both bonked your noggins! Upon waking up, you find that you're living the life of a professional hockey coach!

Written Task:  Now that you're a big time hockey tactician, tell me about your plans! If you got to coach a pro team, what kind of things would you want to explore? Do you feel like there's a facet of the game that isn't being exploited by current coaches? Weird plays you'd like to try? Something like running five forwards on the power play? Sky's the limit! I want to hear what interesting or fun ideas you'd have if you got to be the bench boss. (150+ words)

Now that I am the head coach, there are so many things that I would love to try. First thing would be to have every time we get a lead, we play 5 defensemen at a time. Can’t lose if the other team doesn’t score!! I feel like this is something that needs to be at least tried. Would be like an over aggressive version of the trap that made those New Jersey Devils teams so good, but so boring to watch. Who cares though, a win is a win. The other thing I want to do is petition the league to try and get two goalies in net at the same time. I mean especially in Seattle; we have two great goalies. I want to play down five on four the entire game but have two goalies backing us up. Good luck scoring on the Argos! Never going to happen with these two strategies in place!

157 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Hockey Prompt

Now that I have finally taking over behind the bench, I get to employ what I believe to be some of the best potential tactics in the hockey world. First things first, there is no rule in the SHL rulebook saying that players need to remain on the ice at all times. Since the precedent of allowing animals to play in the SHL has already been set, we will not face any problems going forward. We install hundreds of ropes hanging from the rafters of the stadium. Next, we assemble a team of incredible strong climbers and swingers. Every practice will revolve around launching pucks into the ropes for our simian forwards to collect them and carry them through the air at high speeds. Obviously, this will give us an unbelievable home ice advantage that few will be able to rival. If we can win just half of our road games, we will be a lock for the playoffs and will swing out way to the cup.
(167)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Shylo would become a music producer/ singer songwriter. Shylo has always loved music on the side. Along side making the official greatest music playlist in hockey locker room history. He also has a soft side for making theme songs and team songs to get hyped to in the locker room. It all started with the piano then moved to the guitar then to vocal and then from there he can play a little bit of everything. Being very tech savvy FL studio is something he has used very well in the recent times. Perfect harmony of using tech sounds and mixing it with fluid sounds of many different authentic instruments and unorthodox sounds of beats like birds and rain. Shylo can never get enough of music whether it be Hip Hop, Country, Rock, Metal, Alternative, and R&B. Everything comes together especially with Montreal and Quebec City collectively asking for Shylo’s input on all music.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Code:
Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway?

If Ketil was not a renowned hockey defenseman, he'd likely be a lawyer. Miroslav Ketil, attorney at law! It sounds great, it works, and most of all, he'd be the best. He leads the Juniors in hits for a defenseman, and this would be true as a defense lawyer as well. He'd board the competition (legal in a courtroom, just don't check the laws.), and he'd come out of every trial with the puck... I mean verdict! Miroslav has donated some of his earnings to scholarships for the practice of law for foreign students in North America, as he knows how difficult it can be to adapt to a new lifestyle in a faraway country.

His passion began when he was a younger child, around eleven, when he learned that the USA had an extremely high rate of false incarcerations as compared to other civilized countries and they also had a higher rate of successful executions via the death penalty. Putting this all together, a young Miroslav, speaking to his aunt, a paralegal from Czechia, decided he'd do whatever he could to help combat it. Ever since that day, Ketil has tried his best to assist those in legal trouble he believed were being unfairly prosecuted.

Code:
206 words

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Player prompt- Makrus wakes up still feeling the bump from the stray puck he took to the head. The strange thing is he is awoken by an alarm. Makrus doesn’t set alarms. To top it off the clock say 6am. Makrus didn’t even know there was a 6am in the morning. He only knows of the 6am at night on those late nights partying like a hockey player. Makrus grabs his phone to see that he has calendar reminders. Again Makrus doesn’t set reminders. These reminders appear to be dates Makrus has. All day he is scheduled to meet with different girls. Britney, Sasha, Trixie, Mrs. Fluffer. The last one sounded weird to Makrus. A married women on his date list. Makrus doesn’t date married women. Or anyone really. He is far to busy being a hockey player. But if the dates are scheduled, he sure can’t let these women down. Makrus gets up to get ready for his hot dates and realizes his house is different. Much cleaner than he remembered and the pictures on his walls are drunk hockey players or a turtle. Makrus tries to push that out of his head while he gets ready and heads out. All his dates are scheduled for the same address so now he is worried they might run into one and other. When he arrives he finds it’s a veterinarians office. What a weird place for a date. Once inside Makrus learns he is the Veterinarian, and his appointments are all animals waiting to be treated. After a day of treating animals Makrus returns exhausted. All his customers were so mad. He didn’t know you couldn’t put the cats and dogs together in a room. And surely he didn’t know how to do surgery on animals. Makrus goes to bed hoping tomorrow would be a better day. Some of his clients weren’t too mad. They even mad plans to see him again in court. When Makrus awoke the next morning, he was relieved to be back in his own bed. What a nightmare.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Player

Viktor Krunk is a smart, calculating and competitive guy, and if he hadn't have followed the path of a professional hockey player, he would have probably pursued a career in professional esports.
He played all the competitive games you would expect as a child - immediately drawn to first person shooters, his only semi- English phrase for a while was "cyka blyat rush B" before flaming his teammates loudly in Russian on CS:GO. He enjoyed rocket league, too, but he probably didn't have the mechanics to be competitive at either game on the highest level.
For that reason, like all good Russian gamers, he would have devoted his time to becoming a DOTA 2 professional. He's naturally a team player and a communicator, so the intangibles required for the game are already there. Could he have made it to The International? I guess we will never know. He would have made a pretty entertaining streamer if he chose to - he still might once his hockey days are up.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Player prompt

My first priority would be to get the team playing a more up-tempo, aggressive style of hockey. I think there is a lot of room for improvement in the way teams transition from defense to offense, and I would want to explore ways to make that happen. I would also want to try out some new ideas on the power play, perhaps running five forwards instead of the traditional four. And finally, I would want to work on developing team chemistry and creating a winning culture within the locker room. Atlanta is definitely one of the best teams at the moment, or at least Anton is leading by points and goalies lmao. There is always some space for improvements and we all are excited to do it and look what happen at future. This season Atlanta will definitely chase the cup, mark my word. I also heard that Nash come home yesterday and it was definitely cute.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]