Create Account

I think we have too many PTs
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 03:22 PM by Evok. Edited 1 time in total.)

We especially need a combined claim, but concidering how hard it was to even get the PT team not post on the weekend, and the delay in grading claim, im not sure its going to be possible for SHL. PBE has a A+ grading team which allow it. (not saying the team here is horrible, but it would need a lot of effort to change it.

08-08-2022, 10:56 AMleviadan Wrote: I will say that we have had discussions about doing combined claims-- it was posted in the PT suggestion thread a while back. The idea being every Wednesday or something I'd post a combined claim for whatever we have graded. So one claim a week with 4-15 TPE depending on what's been graded.

I really like the idea, but to be honest the main barrier is my technical knowledge. I don't know the first thing about spreadsheets, and finding a simple and fast way to aggregate all the grades is just completely beyond me. If people have ideas or solutions that are easy to understand I'm more than happy to hear them. It's something I'd love to implement but I just don't even know where to start.

If you think the team would be up to par to do it and want to discuss the technical part, hit me up, im sure we can come up with something, excel isnt so hard to do

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 03:18 PM by Evok.)

gliched double post so i'd say happy birthday @James Truong

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-08-2022, 10:56 AMleviadan Wrote: I will say that we have had discussions about doing combined claims-- it was posted in the PT suggestion thread a while back. The idea being every Wednesday or something I'd post a combined claim for whatever we have graded. So one claim a week with 4-15 TPE depending on what's been graded.

I really like the idea, but to be honest the main barrier is my technical knowledge. I don't know the first thing about spreadsheets, and finding a simple and fast way to aggregate all the grades is just completely beyond me. If people have ideas or solutions that are easy to understand I'm more than happy to hear them. It's something I'd love to implement but I just don't even know where to start.

I'm not 100% sure how all the separate grading systems work for PTs vs primetimes vs predictions etc. but I can provide an initial idea based on a max earners article I assembled a while ago. Aggregating TPE by name shouldn't be too difficult as long as there's a bit of consistency with how the data is pasted in.

This spreadsheet shows proof of concept: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

As soon as something has been graded, the list of users and TPE earned can be pasted into sheet2 instead of immediately as a claim on the site. Then once per week the results can be copied from sheet1 as one big claim. Once the claim has been posted on the site, the data from sheet2 can be cleared and/or archived in case it needs to change and a new week can begin. This would work great assuming two conditions are met:
1. Names are always spelt correctly.
2. The delimiter between names and TPE claimable is consistent and the number of TPE earned is listed beside every name with no additional text.

Neither of these conditions were met when I worked with the S61 data and the majority of the work I had to do came from cleaning the data and fixing those issues. I imagine this could be a very quick and viable system as long as everyone posting a claim is aware of those things. Once again, I don't know what the process looks like so if this isn't viable then that's fine too.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 03:45 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

08-08-2022, 03:38 PMKeven Wrote:

I'm not 100% sure how all the separate grading systems work for PTs vs primetimes vs predictions etc. but I can provide an initial idea based on a max earners article I assembled a while ago. Aggregating TPE by name shouldn't be too difficult as long as there's a bit of consistency with how the data is pasted in.

This spreadsheet shows proof of concept: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

As soon as something has been graded, the list of users and TPE earned can be pasted into sheet2 instead of immediately as a claim on the site. Then once per week the results can be copied from sheet1 as one big claim. Once the claim has been posted on the site, the data from sheet2 can be cleared and/or archived in case it needs to change and a new week can begin. This would work great assuming two conditions are met:
1. Names are always spelt correctly.
2. The delimiter between names and TPE claimable is consistent and the number of TPE earned is listed beside every name with no additional text.

Neither of these conditions were met when I worked with the S61 data and the majority of the work I had to do came from cleaning the data and fixing those issues. I imagine this could be a very quick and viable system as long as everyone posting a claim is aware of those things. Once again, I don't know what the process looks like so if this isn't viable then that's fine too.

I actually had someone DM me as soon as I posted this and they essentially got it built over lunch. It works pretty much exactly the way you say it does, and our names are always right because we scrape them via a bot. This is all to say that thanks to people much smarter than me, and pending some further working out of the details, a combined weekly claim is certainly likely in the near future.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

08-08-2022, 03:42 PMleviadan Wrote: I actually had someone DM me as soon as I posted this and they essentially got it built over lunch. It works pretty much exactly the way you say it does, and our names are always right because we scrape them via a bot. This is all to say that thanks to people much smarter than me, and pending some further working out of the details, a combined weekly claim is certainly likely in the near future.

Good to know that the people who are smarter than me are also faster than me lol.

Thanks mystery smart DMer and leviadan for getting all this figured out

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 04:07 PM by leviadan.)

08-08-2022, 03:57 PMKeven Wrote:
08-08-2022, 03:42 PMleviadan Wrote: I actually had someone DM me as soon as I posted this and they essentially got it built over lunch. It works pretty much exactly the way you say it does, and our names are always right because we scrape them via a bot. This is all to say that thanks to people much smarter than me, and pending some further working out of the details, a combined weekly claim is certainly likely in the near future.

Good to know that the people who are smarter than me are also faster than me lol.

Thanks mystery smart DMer and leviadan for getting all this figured out

Praise @marco999  Bowdown

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

Happy to help!

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

08-08-2022, 12:05 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: add 8 lines together challenge (impossible edition)
Guess what this date is: "01-15-2022, 04:33 AM"

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-08-2022, 09:52 AMMerica Wrote: I agree with you
I rescind my take

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

08-08-2022, 04:09 PMmarco999 Wrote: Happy to help!
PAY MARCO SO HE CAN BE MARCO1000

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]

08-08-2022, 04:22 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-08-2022, 12:05 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: add 8 lines together challenge (impossible edition)
Guess what this date is: "01-15-2022, 04:33 AM"

Quinciñember first

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

08-08-2022, 07:26 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
08-08-2022, 04:22 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Guess what this date is: "01-15-2022, 04:33 AM"

Quinciñember first
the last time you updated

08-08-2022, 04:22 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-08-2022, 09:52 AMMerica Wrote: I agree with you
I rescind my take

Wow ya know even a blind squirrel can get it right sometimes

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

08-08-2022, 04:09 PMmarco999 Wrote: Happy to help!

Thanks for stepping up Marco!

You see a need and you fill it. Real team player stuff! Cheers

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

The idea we need a combined claim is a great one.

The idea we have too many PTs/TPE things is not. It takes me longer to do the PBE J-PT than it does to do the mPT, Hat Trick, and Primetime combined.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]