Create Account

S66 Championship Week

GM Pass - SHL Calgary Dragons

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.

Did I hear "unlimited budget"?

First thing first, we have to find the right music since it plays such an important role when watching something. I immediately hire Hans Zimmer to compose a custom song for the advert.

So as the ad begins, we hear a full symphony swelling as we see a person skating and shooting a puck. We can't quite make the person out but the song builds as it shows Danny DeVito wearing a custom SHL jersey. He slides to a stop, turns to the camera, and just winks. Suddenly a crash of cymbals and the camera pans away from DeVito to show a goalie at the other end of the ice. We can't make out who it is but suddenly they lift their mask. Taylor Swift. She puts the mask back down and faces off against Danny DeVito 1v1. Just as DeVito is about to shoot, it cuts to a black screen with the words. "Learn what happens, join the SHL!"

The ad is aired at the Super Bowl and ends up costing the league $5 million and we are forced to shut down. My bad, sorry.

[ 191 words ] +3 TPE

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

I feel like if it is a secret weapon/training then it shouldn't be discussed in the open like this. So we will be discussing this in hypotheticals.

Let's say, hypothetically or course, that we (the Winnipeg Aurora) aren't leading our division next season. Ben Jammin and stinky Chicago are ahead of us again. Then hypothetically, maybe some evidence finds its way into Jammin's account. Maybe, hypothetically, that said evidence suggests that Mr. Jammin has been doing some illegal testing. It would be a shame if they were disqualified. Hypothetically. Maybe it isn't Chicago but New Orleans who is in the way. Either way, someone is going down!

I also hear that SWAT'ing is pretty popular with the kids these days. Might be a good, hypothetical, backup plan should the first hypothetical plan not work.

Let's just say that I would be shocked if Winnipeg wasn't 1st our division next season. All above board of course.

[ 164 words ] +3 TPE

Quote:20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!

OK, don't blame me for the results because I followed the instructions and the anagrams were rather limiting for the Winnipeg Aurora. Most weren't even words I recognized and the only one that I did wasn't exactly something you'd name a team after but screw it. Let's create the team:

"Norwegian Rupia"

Now I was thinking "rupia" was like a derivative of Rupee or something when I looked it up. Boy oh boy was I wrong.

Dictionary description: "an eruption occurring especially in tertiary syphilis consisting of vesicles having an inflamed base and filled with serous purulent or bloody fluid which dries up and forms large blackish conical crusts".

Again, this is your fault for making me do this! So the team would obviously be located in a city in Norway, most likely Oslo being the most populated. However I'm not sure the city would welcome this team with open arms with that name. The logo would need to be like a volcano or something since medical gore wouldn't exactly be proper. Norway does have 2 active volcano's so that kind of works.

So there you have it. Just be thankful you didn't google it like I did.

[ 207 words ] +3 TPE

Quote:22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.

Spack Jarrow isn't really known as being a lover of animals. At least people's pets. Although he wouldn't abuse or treat one poorly, he was never brought up with the idea that a pet was a good idea. On top of that, he has had issues with peoples pet monkeys over the years stealing things from him. When he was younger, a shipmate had a pet monkey and it created havoc all the time taking his gold coins and mocking him with them while climbing to the top of the ships rmast.

With the extinction of the bengal tiger, the little hairy nuisances are running amok and have overtaken many of Jarrow's favourite watering holes in the various tropical locations he visits. So Jarrow would like to bring the bengal tigers back and re-introduce them to the jungles to help cut back on the overrunning of the monkeys.

These tigers are vital to the health of the jungle in the areas where they are from and must be brought back to re-balance the ecosystem.

[ 180 words ] +3 TPE

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

Spack Jarrow has found great success in his professional life. Chasing the dream of becoming a professional athlete to owning his own business. He has never had much time to foster personal relationships because he always had to look out for himself and didn't have downtime to fraternize beyond an occasional bump in the night.

Although Spack is still young, the haunting loneliness is drowned out by alcohol anytime it starts to flare up and that feeling has been occurring at a rapid pace the older he gets. Even though he would likely never say it, a wife and children would be a welcome addition and something that would likely fill his life.

[ 114 words ] +2 TPE

Milestones - +2 TPE

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

Cw pass goated

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

CW pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 03:06 PM by 3lewsers. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the
person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.

Milestones +3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think
wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff
run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this  
brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If
you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power
play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle
that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box?
Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

a. The Seattle Argonauts are going to keep the dream alive and continue their fairy tale ride in the playoffs. They will cap it off with a finals victory. They have plenty of talent to get the job done, and while Atlanta is a worthy opponent, Seattle should have enough momentum to punch their ticket to Disney World very soon.

b. Willie Miller has been amazing. Short of injuring him on purpose, you need to block his vision by getting offensive players near the crease and limit his effectiveness. By getting a body near the circle, you increase the chances of deflections and other bounces that could help Atlanta score more easily. By putting on the pressure, Miller could falter.

c. Atlanta is going to score. So if you are Seattle, you need to start with that premise. The goal is to contain those goals to 1 or 2 per game at most. If you do that, you can keep every game competitive. Seattle has the defense to do it, but it isn't always that easy. Gonna need to focus every second.

d. Seattle needs to learn how to score on a more consistent basis in even strength. You cannot continue to rely on power plays to get the job done. If Atlanta plays very well disciplined, Seattle could be in for a very long series. The Argonauts have their work cut out for their them if they want to improve even strength production.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

beetlejuice +3

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)

It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra
mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

To get a competitive edge next season, I plan on hacking the FHM software so that only I receive tpe changes in the file. The front end of the game will appear as normal, but the coding I build in will make it so that only Dwayne Gretzky's numbers are accurate. To do this, I have numerous programmers from Fiverr on standy to put my plan into action. I was able to get every one of them down to two dollars an hour. I have estimated that for the entire season it shouldn't cost me more than 10 dollars. I consider that a huge bargain to assure Dwayne his first award in his career. He is no longer going to rely on luck; he needs to take drastics measures to make this dream a reality. He has suffered long enough and has earned some fame through all of his hard work. So, even though I will be manufacturing that success, it feels really good.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)

We’ve heard of the “President’s Trophy Curse” in which the top team of the regular season has a very hard time closing the deal in the playoffs and often ends up losing. If you could invent a curse and attach it to
any other league event– what would it be and why? No Challenge Cup winner shall ever repeat? Anyone who wins the goal scoring title is
doomed to 4% shooting next season? Get creative and give your curse a fun name!

PBE Affiliate +3

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

coffee

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

The Atlanta Inferno have everything working for them. They got a taste of the Challenge Cup final last year so nerves will not be as big of an issue for them compared to Seattle. In addition to that, they were the best team in the league in season 66 hands down. They were running on all cylinders all season. Add in the home ice advantage aspect and it seems like a done deal already.
(74)

Code:
d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

This is a good thing for Atlanta. A good power play is great but it is going to cool down eventually. It will cool down real quick against a team like Atlanta. Atlanta is getting consistent, reliable scoring. If Atlanta stays out of the box, a good chunk of Seattle’s offensive dries up.
(53)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.

The “Because it’s the Cup” commercials are great but they only appeal to people who are already fans of hockey. The commercials work because they show the amount of work and sacrifice that go into winning the Stanley Cup. If you are a person who has no connection or knowledge it does not mean much. For that reason, the S66 playoff commercials are taking the NHL Hitz route. Nothing but highlight clips of giant ass hits and knock out drag out fights. We will throw in a few nice goals here and there but the main draw will be the bone crushing action. Promote each series as an MMA fight or Bonestorm. This approach is going to bring in all the new fans. The brutality of hockey is what most laymen know and we need to lean into it to get viewership up. Get Limp Bizkit on the horn and get this project rolling rolling rolling rolling!
(157)

Code:
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

The Philadelphia Forge have a whole bag full of ideas about how to gain the competitive edge next season. First, we want to ensure that we will always have home ice advantage. To make sure that this happens, there is a two pronged approach. Each visiting locker room is going to be completely chock full with cheese steaks. When I say chock full, I mean it. There will barely be any room for visitors to move around. That intoxicating aroma will eventually be impossible to ignore and they will cave. They will be slow as hell once they are weighed down by all that cheese and bread. Once they leave the room, they will have to make it through a barrage of drunk as hell Philadelphians. The visiting team will have to dodge batteries and insults all the way to the ice. This will take both a physical and mental toll.
(151)

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)
We’ve heard of the “President’s Trophy Curse” in which the top team of the regular season has a very hard time closing the deal in the playoffs and often ends up losing. If you could invent a curse and attach it to any other league event– what would it be and why? No Challenge Cup winner shall ever repeat? Anyone who wins the goal scoring title is doomed to 4% shooting next season? Get creative and give your curse a fun name!

We are going to be calling this curse the “Take a Penny, Leave a Penny Curse”. This is a floating curse. It will affect the current leading goal scorer and their team. Whenever there is a change in goal scoring leader, the curse will jump to them. The way the curse works is that for every goal scored by the current goal scoring leader, the opposing team will score a goal within one minute. In reality the TaPLaP Curse works for everyone. It will serve as a counterbalance against a team that is running away with a game but only if the hot hand is scoring. It does not actively hurt the players who is dealing with curse either. The team is still totally capable of winning games. Back and forth hockey is always exciting to see as well. The curse could end up affecting how teams run their tactics as well. Maybe a more balanced attack will work better with the curse in action.
(165)

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones - +2 TPE

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 06:25 PM by gordieboom. Edited 11 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: Alvin

Code:

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

a. Atlanta Inferno will win it and they fully deserve it. They have had the best regular season with 50 wins in 66 games. Seattle have beaten the former winner Los Angeles Panthers and the San Francisco Pride, but i think there luck will end in the finals. Willie Miller has an incredible playoffs run. If you compare his stats with the regular season it is actually redicilous. I wish the goalie performances are more balanced.

b. I already talked about Willie Miller. Yes he has an incredible record in the playoffs, but he surely can’t continue that lucky streak. If i was Atlanta Inferno i wouldn’t worry too much. They are the hottest team in the league right now playing against a goalie that used all his luck. If i was Seattle i would cross my fingers for a miracle.

Code:

Well this is actually not a science. To gain a competitive edge on other teams GMs try to balance their bank balance. They are spending little to none to their prospects, which helps them to sign players from the free agent market. It is an understandable strategy but it doesn’t take into consideration that their prospect pool is vital for the long term aswell. Players need money to train, that is not different for prospects. Prospects need to feel welcome, otherwise you risk losing them for nothing. So i would say, don’t spend too much money on your current roster. If that doesn’t help you could still do some ‘tricks’ like food-poisoning the opponent goalies, decrease your net, increase the opponents net, bribe the referees, etc. Finally i think my team should think more defensively instead of offensive first. It is nice to have players with 100+ points, but that does not win you cups. Defense is the key to victory.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - S66 Milestones

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IICAN See the Future (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Last season we had a lot of surprise finishes that shook up the groups quite a bit this time around. Do you think last year’s top teams will stay there? Was that an anomaly? Why or why not?

Thanks for this task, IIHF/WJC can use some attention. Normally my predictions aren’t far off the reality, but i think this time it is really hard to predict. We are using a different sim, so results will be quite different. Despite that i am going to make a very bold prediction: USA will both win the IIHF and WJC tournament. Last season, USA lost in the quarterfinals against Switzerland. This season they will meet again in the quarterfinals/semi finals, but this time USA will settle the score 7-1. Their opponent in the finals will be Canada, but it won’t be an exciting matchup: 8-3. In the WJC, USA will win all games and beat DACH in the finals. As with teams underperforming, i think Finland will struggle and not make it into the playoffs. There will not be any major upsets besides that though. Whatever happens it sure are going to be entertaining tournaments.

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.

That is a simple question. If i could rescue one animal than it would be the squirrel. I myself am part of the sciuridae family, so if i can help my family i will. My family is the most important thing in my life. We do have a big family and most are fortunate to live in wealth, lots of nuts. Others are less fortunate and live in poverty. They are forced into bad habits, like stealing nuts from other squirrels. That is not nice. Hopefully i can help out every squirrel by playing good hockey and earn a lot of money. I could invest into a nuts company and feed all my brothers and sisters. That would be awesome. Now you would think aren’t there other animals that should be rescued first? Sure, but you don’t know what is like to be a squirrel. I am famous, one of the few squirrels to have make it in the human world. They are proud of me, as a return of gratitude i had like to give something back.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

GM PT Pass

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 03:57 PM by Ronniewalker. Edited 12 times in total.)

Code:

Verification word: Burp!

Code:

A. It is indeed great to see the two expansion teams from the same year make the finals together. And while Atlanta making it this far this season was admittedly no surprise, Seattle had looked like their best few seasons with their existing core were already a few behind them… but lo and behold - here they are! As much as I’d like to root for the perceived underdog Seattle though, I have had a liking for the Inferno ever since they joined the league way back when and I’d love to see them make good on their potential and being the Challenge Cup to Atlanta for the first time in their franchise history! (113 words)

B. The answers to this one are simple from both ends - ‘shots, shots and more shots on net’ and ‘blocks, blocks and more blocks to help lighten the workload at least somewhat’. Not at all surprisingly, that’s exactly what both these teams have been banking on, respectfully.  In addition to those, both teams also play a pretty physical style of play, but Atlanta seems to show better discipline and ability to hurt the other team without getting sent to the sin bin. This should come in handy for them in this series as well. (94 words)

C. This ties in well with the previous paragraph, as again it could be Atlanta’s ability to stay out of the box while still playing hard-nosed hockey that helps them keep up the pressure and roll all three lines over the boards one after another. Seattle will have to goad them into taking more bad penalties if they want to be able to apply their own greatest asset which we will discuss in the next paragraph. (75 words)

D. I think Atlanta will have the upper hand here, since they have the better discipline to keep themselves out of the box and in turn keep the fearsome Seattle powerplay unit on the bench or at least playing against even strength. And as much as an anemic powerplay might be a detriment to a lot of teams, when your even strength play is on such an infernal level as Atlanta’s, they have little need to toe the line too much in trying to provoke penalties from the opposition and ending up getting called for something themselves. (96 words)

Code:

+2 TPE - Lemo Pihl S66 milestones

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Home Town (150 words min.)
In seasons past I’ve asked about your favourite foods or favourite things about your home country, now let’s get even more specific! Where specifically are you from in your country, and what do you like about it? Tell me some fun facts about your players home town and the kinds of places that you liked to go growing up!

Although I am not in fact finnish, but estonian by birth and comes from the Estonian capitol of Tallinn, I will still tell you about a finnish city that I consider my hockey hometown. That city is Rauma. Rauma became my hockey home town about ten years ago when I was playing an online hockey manager game called WebSim Hockey and I happened upon an invite to fill in a manager vacancy in what was thus far the only finnish speaking league in the game, Liiga. So I ended up taking the helm of the virtual representation of the storied Rauma Lukko somewhat by chance. But as real franchise names were not obligatory in the league and I had no real feelings for the Lukko (basically Lock in english, probably inspired by the local shipwrights and metalworking industry) brand, I thought of a brand that sounded far more fierce and competitive to me and for which I also happened to find what I thought was a perfect logo from the depths of the internet. The team became the Rauma Raju! Which, admittedly, the Storm in english is also a pretty widely used name, but I really liked the sound of it in finnish. That very first season as the Raju we literally took the league by storm and went from missing the playoffs the previous season as Lukko to winning their first league championship right off the bat, instantly cementing their place in league history! I became so enamored of the brand that once a retro league was started up by a lot of the core group of managers from the original Liiga, Rauma Raju began to write itself an illustrious history before the fact as well, winning the first SM-Liiga championship and then again every other season over the first seven seasons of the league. With such history already behind the brand, it also became my team name in the now defunct Hockey Dynasty manager game and perhaps will make their return once more in some future form. (339 words)

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

I didn’t really expect the Argonauts to make it this far, but Atlanta was obviously one of the prime contenders again and personally I am very glad that they pulled it off and finally realized their immense potential. With the prospective salary cap changes promising to reshape the landscape somewhat as well, it would have been sad to see them miss out on their chances like for instance the erstwhile juggernaut Baltimore Platoon team. Where it comes to the new sim engine, I think the visual presentation is hot garbage at best and OOTP should be ashamed to publish that kind of 2D engine in the 2020’s. It looks worse now than for instance Eastside Hockey Manager did in the ‘00s, not to mention the plethora of nonsensical visual and other bugs. I may sound like a Luddite, but if there’s a chance of using the new sim engine with the old FHM6 style presentation, then by god, let’s use it! (161 words)

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

Let’s start with SHL things and move outward from here: I hope I can help bring my new team the Philadelphia Forge to the next level in the time I will be with them; I hope the live sim presentation gets sorted out for next season; I hope the league as a whole will also find its way through this somewhat of a crisis period of late and will continue to thrive; I hipe for the best for everyone here and their loved ones; I hope that Putin’s senseless war on Ukraine is put a definitive end to sooner rather than later; I also hope we’re all still alive to see it; I hope we somehow pull ourselves and our societies together and at least try to salvage whatever sustainability this lonely planet of ours still has left so that our children and their children will still have an Earth to live on… (153 words)

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 04:57 PM by the5urreal. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

moist

Code:

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

b. When a goalie flips that playoff switch, stands on his head, and carries his team during a playoff run, it’s hard to figure out both why they’re playing so well and how to beat him. In the case of Willie Miller, I could tell he was destined for stardom in the SHL the moment I met him, and I can say with certainty that this isn’t just a playoff hot streak. He’s just that good. Long story short, I don’t have an answer and I don’t know that Atlanta will either.

[91 words]

d. On the flip side, a skater on a hot streak is a ticking time bomb while a skater on a cold streak is a sleeping giant. They could fall flat or break out at any moment. The same thing goes for special teams. While Seattle might have a red hot power play, it’s only a matter of time before it cools off. Even though Atlanta’s power play is cold as ice right now, they could put it all together and go on a hot streak.

[85 words]

+2 TPE

Code:

I know this is meant to be a fun or joke prompt, but I’m going to put a more serious spin on it. Having been a member of the New Orleans Specters for three seasons now, I think this coming season (S67) is going to be the start of a changing of the guard. The first line of Vlastislav Malik, Xavier Doom, and Valtterri Kauppinen are entering yet another season of regression. Friedensreich Hundertwasser is at the peak of his prime while Patya Perevalov and Atticus Hale are on the verge of stardom. Giannis Kroustis and Tomas Zadina aren’t far behind. JR Frankenstero and Mikael Jakobsen will be making their SHL debuts with high expectations.

Arsene Leclerc will leave a big hole that needs to be filled on the blue line. With a plethora of forwards and a big need on the defensive side, NOLA will need to have a plan if they intend to build on their S66 successes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some wheeling and dealing this offseason!

[172 words]

+3 TPE

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:

My dream would be to live in a world where everyone works together and respects each other’s differences. As a dad of three now, I worry about the current state of things in this country and what it all might mean for them when they get older and have to start navigating the complexities of life on their own. I also worry about them being sucked into some of the same things I’ve seen friends and family fall for over the past several years. I can only hope that I will be able to prepare them to think logically, think for themselves, and to avoid being manipulated.

[107 words]

+2 TPE

PBE Affiliate - +3 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

CW Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

CW Pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Verification word: applepie

a. Well we all know the President's Trophy is a curse heading into the playoffs, so Atlanta has that working against them. Seattle is a strong team in their own right, but they just don't have the firepower to compete with someone like the Inferno. Superstition aside, I think Atlanta walks home with the cup.

b. He has been on an absolute tear, and if Seattle ends up stealing this from Atlanta then I don't think there's any discussion about who the Playoff MVP should be. How do they solve him? Pepper him with shots, that's the only hope. Percentage works in your advantage here, and the more shots he sees then the more that will go in.

c. With the depth they have, Atlanta just needs to stay-the-course and let Seattle try to figure out how to counter the offensive attack. On the other hand, it seems like Seattle has relied pretty heavily on their goaltending to get them this far. The best chance to slow down the Inferno is to play the trap; neutralize the attack before it begins and force them to play a hard-nosed physical game, in hopes that it wears them down.

d. I simply don't see how this could be a good thing for Seattle; relying on special teams for success, especially in the playoffs, is simply a disaster. All it takes is for Atlanta to finally click on the powerplay and it seems like that would put the nail in the coffin. They are already capitalizing so much at even strength; even just a little bit of discipline by Inferno players, and you've neutralized 30% of all Seattle's goals.

Code:
Words: 50+ each for 200+ total

S66 Milestones - Claiming +3

8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Highlight Reel
[Image: 4ak2moJ.png]

15. Written, 3 TPE, IICAN See the Future (150 words min.)
While I do think some of the results from last season were an anomaly, we're also at sort of a transition time for a lot of the teams in the IIHF. I think Great Britain is sort of on a downfall, with the majority of their players growing older and not a whole lot of younger talent being brought into the system. Canada falling in the first round to Czechia was an absolute shocker, they're almost always guaranteed a spot on the podium so to see that was a massive an upset; although Czechia does have a solid team to build around. I would also keep an eye on Ireland; there's a lot of young high-end talent moving through, and although they're still young and have a way to go to their peak, they've already established themselves as a force in the IIHF community. Switzerland, in my opinion, will remain a pretty heavy force to be reckoned with for seasons to come.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Code:

norway

Code:

Code:
a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

I think Atlanta will win it all. Seattle’s performance has been really impressive, but the more upset you pull, the more difficult it is to pull another one. Atlanta was significantly the best team this year with 102 points, and they were barely beatable at home which will be a major factor since they have home advantage.

57 words

Code:
c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

From Seattle point of view, there are only a couple of games left this season, so they should simply play their best players as much as they can without worrying about exhaustion. On Atlanta side, they should try to match their different forward line against the defense pairings they think they would match better against and keep rolling their line.

60 words

Code:

S66 Milestones +3 TPE

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Home Town (150 words min.)
In seasons past I’ve asked about your favourite foods or favourite things about your home country, now let’s get even more specific! Where specifically are you from in your country, and what do you like about it? Tell me some fun facts about your players home town and the kinds of places that you liked to go growing up!

Salzberger Lillehammersson is from the town of Trondheim in Norway. While the city is big enough to find all the services you need, the best part about it is that it is surrounded by nature that enables you to take part in a bunch of different outside activities. One of the best features of the city is the Trondheim fjord. When I was a kid, I liked to walk alongside it as much as I could, and I would throw rock in it and see how far they would land. As I grew up, I used the fjord as a place to go kayaking and canoeing when I had some friend, they could join me. The city is also surrounded by a place to go hiking and to do some cross-country skiing during the winter, which is one of the most popular sports here in the town and across Norway. I also liked to go spend some time with my family in the surrounding national park.

166 words

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!

I put my team’s name, Atlanta Inferno, into the suggested website to generate an anagram. The best team’s name I found from what was generated is the Nonfatal Retina, which is a fantastic name for a hockey team. The main part of the team logo would be the inside of the eye view from the side that clearly shows the retina. The two primary colors of the team would be white and red, because this color would be used to draw the inside of the eye with the white being used for the retina and the red being used for the blood vessels that are inside the retina. The color blue and black would also be used. Blue would be used for the color of the iris, also known as the eye color, and black would be used to draw the pupil. Finally, the nonfatal part of the team name would be seen is the logo by some small blue bubbles coming out of the eye.

166 words

Code:

After his hockey player’s career, Salzberger Lillehammersson would try to focus on some of his dream. His first one is to raise a family with at least two kids, which is what he wants to focus most of his time after he retires. He also wants to complete a university degree, but he doesn’t know yet in which subject he wants to obtain his diploma. Finally, plan to travel a lot both with his future family and by himself. His wants to see the best nature has to offer on every continent. He would also like to climb some well-known mountain like the Kilimanjaro.

104 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]