Create Account

S66 Championship Week

Pt lass
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 11:02 PM by Toivo. Edited 7 times in total.)

ISFL PT +3 tpe

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification word: toiv

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A. This is a great story to sell to the people about two expansion teams coming in at the same time and making it to the Challenge Cup Final. It will be a tightly contested affair and I will give my nod to Atlanta as a former big time supporter of that franchise. Both teams are playing good, but Atlanta is motivated after failing in the finals. (67 words)
B. Atlanta will have to get close in front of the net and really annoy Willie Miller. Seattle will rely on him as long as they can, and it may be enough for them to win the championship, but do not think Atlanta does not have answers. Whether it’s parking someone right in front of Miller or sending a little frosting into his mask to get him agitated, the Inferno will likely use all the tricks they can to annoy Miller. (81 words)
C. Depth is so important once the playoffs come around. It’s amazing to have several lines that can score so the other team can’t just shut down one line and all the scoring goes out the window. Seattle will have to play physical against every line. Matchups will be important and this is where the coaching staff’s skill will come into play. (62 words)
D. I think it’s better if you scoring is coming during evens strength because you can not be sure you will have the powerplay opportunities. Relying on the powerplay may backfire when the other team comes prepared and disciplined. It is an interesting situation Seattle finds themselves in. It’s by no means bad to have a great powerplay, that would be a silly take, but it doesn’t guarantee you the win. (72 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
We are going to shoot a masterpiece of a commercial today for the SHL Challenge Cup playoffs. We are going to follow a player around all day and see what he does as he gears up to do battle in the SHL s66 playoffs. When thinking of a player to follow around, who better than Atlanta Inferno Forward Pablo Salvatici. Here, we have an all around great hockey player that makes a big difference on the ice. What else does he bring to the team? The intangibles. He is a locker room leader, so we have seen in our previous times documenting the forward. He and Atlanta are gearing up for a deep playoff push and will try to win the Challenge Cup. You will see Pablo hitting the gym, signing autographs and just day to day life of an SHL player gearing up for the playoffs. We feel strongly that this commercial will get the people excited to tune into the games. (163 words)

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
SMJHL Milestone +3 tpe

16/16 tpe

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

GM Pass

GM Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 08:42 AM by JSS331. Edited 2 times in total.)

S66 Milestones +3 TPE (3/16 TPE)
Task 4 - Like any good marketing campaign, you must have a great soundtrack that keeps it in the memory of everyone.  The other aspect is some kind of hard hitting highlights.  While most people think that you should have all hockey highlights, I would pair those with some of the x rays of injuries that various players sustain and play through during the grueling playoffs.  We all hear about the various broken bones and soft tissue injuries that they need surgery on after the playoffs end and this would be a chance to showcase just how tough the players are in the league and how difficult it is to win a cup.  As for the song, you could use a classic like Let the Bodies Hit the Floor if you want.  That should set the tone nicely.  The campaign would play relentlessly until every person who watches has it etched into their brains for ever.  That would be a classic.
158 words (6/16) TPE

PBE CW Claim - 3 TPE (9/16 TPE)

Triva - verification word - doneso
12/16 TPE

2. a.  I honestly have not seen who won this years cup so I will answer this as if it has not happened yet.  Considering I was a member of Seattle's team for about 10 minutes and consider myself one of their most celebrated alumni, I will pick them to triumph over Atlanta in the cup series this year.
b.  I am a big believer in blocking shots as a way to keep the puck out of the net so for Seattle to continue to be dominate in this area, they will need to continue to help their goalie by not letting the shots ever reach him.  Even so, you still need your keeper to be on their game for those shots that get through so hopefully he still has his form.
c. Most great playoff teams feature incredible depth and can hurt you with all four of their lines.  This allows the truly skilled players in the top six to be rested and able to perform when the game is on the line.  If you are Atlanta, you do not change a thing and keep rolling with a balanced attack and distribute the minutes more evenly than most teams can.  In a long series that will be a huge advantage.
d. Special teams can sway a series one way or another, however teams that rely so heavily on goal production from their power play can find themselves in trouble if the other team doesn't oblige and take penalties.  It is similar to a great three point shooting team in basketball.  When they are dropping it is great, but if you go cold, you can feel the pressure to score in even strength.

16/16 TPE

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

CW pass

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2022, 12:43 PM by TacocaT 2. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Link - (Username is TacocaT)
Milestones - 3 TPE

cw pass

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 10:12 PM by jackkmart. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE

Verification Word - weenur

Code:
7. Milestones, 3 TPE

Milestones

Code:
PBE Affiliate, 3 TPE

PBE CW Post

do more later I'm lazy
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2022, 05:58 PM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 4 times in total.)

3 TPE - ISFL Affiliate

2 TPE - Milestones

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Verification Word - OP

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

The Atlanta Inferno were good last season. They have been for a while, everyone knows that. So it was only a matter of time that the team would finally get their ring. And this season there was not a really a doubt that the Inferno were getting there. Best team during the regular season, best team in the playoffs, best players, best coaching staff, best simmers (oh wait!)... So looking at all this, at the way the team has been building through the seasons, the sim change did not make a really big difference to be honest. A good team is a good team, anywhere.

(105 words)

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.)
If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.

Looking at the fact that the current SHL Champions are called "Atlanta Inferno", i think it is fitting that the object is something similar to the Olympic Torch, with some obvious differences.
The "Inferno Torch" is black and red, like the team colors, and weighs about 30 kg. One of its caveats is that only the Atlanta players can hold it. If you decide to try and trick it, by using a team jersey, painting your face to try and disguise yourself or using some kind current player photo on your face, you will be in a lot of trouble, trust me. A single finger on the torch will bring you a world of pain, as it will shock and burn you at the same time. Not only that, but a single lightning will strike you swiftly just to add a few more laughs to those who are watching you scream in pain. Simple stuff really.

(156 words)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

The plan in the Atlanta Inferno locker room is to, go figure, keep doing the exact same thing - win. It is a lot of hard work though, having a bunch of users updating steadily and improving their players. But obviously that this is boring, so ATL has a few different ideas to help on winning games. One of those is pretty much bug every locker room in every arena in the league. State of the art cameras that not even security forces around the world have access to. So everything the players talk, the head coach game strategy, their practices, everything is getting recorded and processed for the Inferno players. That is why every ATL game you see it seems like they know exactly what is going to happen before it happens! So this is the big secret. And you cannot destroy this, as no team will find out where the cameras are located in their facilities. Maybe they are invisible...

(161 words)

3+2+3+2+3+3 = 16 TPE

cq pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

1. Tater
3/16
2.D. I think this could be good for either team depending on how they choose to play it. I think Atlanta really should try to keep their heads in the game and avoid unnecessary penalties. While no team wants to take a penalty, it hurts even more when your opponent has show they will capitalize on it.
4/16
6. The new SHL curse is call the swiss cheese curse. This curse comes with a new team based award for having the most goalies saves and shots blocked for a season. this doesn’t mean the team has the best defense but while getting shot at they stopped the most pucks. However once in playoffs they can’t seem to block any shots. Players can’t seem to stand in the right spot to block a shot. The goalie misses saves so poorly it looks like he is matrix diving away from the puck. The team with the swiss cheese curse will need to rethink their hopes for a deep playoff run unless they can just never give the other team the puck. otherwise, they will be on the receiving end of some double digit games in the playoffs. But then again that could be really fun to watch unless you are the teams offense and have to try and keep up.
7/16
7. 3 TPE from Milestones
10/16
15. This season in IIHF has some promise to be an exciting one. While last season had some upsets this season has a few strong teams and some potential underdogs. First we have to talk about Latvia. I think everyone is looking at this team to be a front runner. They have some big players on the roster and are likely the top of their division by the end of the round robin. That being said Russia is hot on their heels. Also sporting a respectable roster, Russia and Latvia are the clear 1 and 2 but in what order is undetermined. Czechia could have a quietly good run with a decent roster and less pressure if they can take a game against either of the big teams in this division they might make some noise. Jumping divisions we have to look at Austria. Again pretty buff roster and another favorite to take the gold this year. There only competition for first in this division is Switzerland and while Switzerland looks ok I don’t think its as close as the Russia/Latvia contest. A dark horse in this division though is Great Britain. While over looked they had a big season pickup and are sporting a top 4 scorer in Lev Lebedev.
13/16
17. Makrus was born in Kessel Germany. Kessel is a cultural hot spot in Germany. Being the largest city in the north federated state of Hesse there is much to see and do there. Makrus loves the art museums. His father was an artist and originally moved to Kessel to get an art degree from the University of Kessel. Documenta is an internal exhibition of modern art that takes place in Kessel usually annually. If not checking out the art you could check out the Hockey. Makrus first discovered hockey as a boy seeing the Kessel Huskies play. While the Huskies aren’t around anymore the Young Huskies junior league is still active and draws a reasonable crowd. And for food in Kessel you have to try a traditional Nordhessische Ahle Wurscht. Makrus loved to get his hands on these sausages. You have to try them from different locations because each grinder uses their own specific blend of spices and various storage conditions when crafting this aged sausage. No two are ever quite the same.
16/16

[Image: qm0v49d.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 06:48 PM by Crunk. Edited 9 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

ace

+3 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

+3 TPE

ISFL Affiliate Link

+3 TPE

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can run this one again!. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
LINK: https://www.craiyon.com/

Is that Inferno defenseman Puddles O Duck with the trophy? Maybe!

[Image: shltask2.jpg]

+1 TPE

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

The best thing about this season's playoffs was my player waking up. 13 goals led all players in the playoffs, and he was first star in the final two games of the finals series. Atlanta winning was an awesome experience, and to make such a large contribution to the team - given that my player is probably the worst on the Inferno all season, and is basically a grinder - was absolutely magic. The team LR was even more alive than usual after we won the cup, and it was great to be a part of. If this years playoffs have taught me anything, it is that it is more fun when you win.

+2 TPE

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

I hope that the world will change in my lifetime. I sincerely hope that people will realise that our current economic system undermines democracy, with the planet being microwaved for the sake of the dollar as the rest of us see our living standards slip. Technology has made massive strides in the past 50 years, but how much better is your life? We work too hard, spend too little time doing the things we enjoy, and for what? Here's a better idea - bring in heavy regulation on capitalism, scrap the 5 day working week that is a sad hangover from the industrial revolution, make sure nobody has to worry about food or shelter. How hard is that?

+2 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

The thing about Willie Miller (@Sebster) is that he has great reflexes but a weak mental state. The other thing about him is that he has weird knees. It's the only reason he played goalie - to make sure there's a maximum amount of padding between his knees and the outside world. A few of the more vocal Atlanta players just had to remind him of this, and all of a sudden he was useless.

+1TPE

Code:

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

For Atlanta, the key is to keep doing what you have been doing all season - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Make sure everyone gets their shifts and plays their game, and the class of the Inferno squad will show through. How could Seattle withstand this? I really don't think they could have done anything to turn back the tide.

+1TPE

[Image: crunksig2.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 05:37 PM by mer. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate different username: myrrh
+3 TPE

Code:

froggie
+3 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2 TPE - Milestones TPE

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!

An anagram for Manhattan Rage that I would like us to rebrand to is Gnat Math Arena. The team shall be called Gnat Math and we shall play hockey in an Arena. Everyone always thinks about kids learning math, but no one thinks about the gnats. We want to fill the gaping void in society. Everyone loves a bug mascot, and we can always ease people into the transition by making the gnat hang out with our current bull mascot, which makes sense and they're symbiotic and all that. We'll have community events where we give money to math teachers who can incorporate gnats into their lessons, and especially if they can pop some hockey in there too. This rebrand is really a no-brainer, and fans will LOVE our new goal horn, which is the distant sound of over 500 gnats buzzing around a rotting mango that we commissioned from the best gnat collector in Manhattan.

+3 TPE, 156 words

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.

When Aksel was asked to sponsor and fund an animal rescue, he worked with Norwegian authorities to identify critically endangered species of fish, and after some time settled on two species of Skates. For those unfamiliar with Skates (me, prior to this CW prompt), they are related to the Ray family, but have long pointy noses and tails with thorns that are thick and fleshy rather than the Ray's whip-like and sometimes poisonous tail. The Storskate (BIG skate, and boy these guys are big) and Nebbskate (beak skate) are critically endangered species according to Artsdatabanken's 2021 list. Both animals live about 200 meters deep in salt water environments, and Aksel is working with experts to develop population growth plans that involve natural environments. Since not a lot is known about these Skates, there's a lot of opportunity for research also, so some Universities would like to be involved as well. The effort is being dubbed Fisker med Fiske, and Aksel is very optimistic about the project, and happy to have something to work on during the offseason.

+3 TPE, 177 words

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

When I was a kid I wanted a job that would take me all over the world. I've been working the same job for 3 years now and I really want to leave the area and move somewhere new. It would be lovely if I could get a job overseas, but I really don't know where to start. Sometimes when I'm really sad I'll open up the WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities for Organic Farming) site and see what the options are. My favorite right now is this horse farm in the Icelandic country. https://wwoofindependents.org/user/430115 I think it would be lovely to just have a farm with a lot of animals and you spend most of the day outside and best of all, it's not here. I worked on an organic farm in Japan a while back as a study abroad and loved it, even though the pigs were terrifying.
It's not exactly practical, with my loan debt and the fact that WWOOF jobs aren't paid, but I think it would be nice.

+2 TPE, 175 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog