S67 PT #0: Advice

Graphic option horseshoe crabs:

[Image: v0LbbGX.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Whenever there is a newcomer coming in to the locker room to bolster our squad who has probably never been to Seattle at all, we like to chat about the food here in Seattle. Murphy knows the best pizza parlors, I'd like to think to myself that I know my way around italian food and then there is Mihailov who just eats every crumb of every plate palletable. This form of welcoming not only shows them the food around Seattle, but also shows them the city simultaneously so they are not feeling scared at all exploring this beautiful city surrounded by water. I could have used some of that sort of help myself when I first started playing professional hockey in Calgary, it was super scary to explore a new city as well as a new country being a foreigner. It took me a solid 3 or 4 months to get used to living in Canada, but we're making sure new guys get comfortable as fast as possible.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I, Neal Newland would tell a new player to focus their mind and set goals. It’s always important to set goals for the things you want to accomplish. From my personal experience, that works best for the players. Set a few specific things you would like to achieve and set a good, reasonable deadline. Make sure you do your best to achieve those goals, and never give up on them. If you miss the deadline, it’s okay. Follow through with your goals and complete them in the end. It’s a really good feeling.

I would also tell them to have fun and enjoy themselves. If you’re always stressed about completing all the challenges you have to do, you won’t enjoy the process. Have fun as you complete everything that’s needed, plus more. Most of all, make sure you’re active in the locker room and enjoy that to the fullest. The people in the locker rooms have really helped form me as a person and have done so much to improve me as a person and a player.

Have fun, and reach those goals!

-Neal

(191 words)

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Dirty Boots has been with the team for a few seasons now, long enough to earn himself the A and to see lots of faces come and go. This season there are a few callups from the SMJHL coming in and Boots has decided to take them under his wing. First off, Boots brings up the ghost of Fantobens, team trickster. The locker room is still "haunted" with mini pranks that seemingly know one is in on. The only thing we can determine is that Fantobens still haunts the locker room and stadium with Tom Foolery! Keep an eye open on your lockers!
Next bit of knowledge to pass off to the rookies is to let them know the best hot dogs come from the vendor on the visitor side, directly behind the net, up in the vendor section. The staff there get hype when we score and they feed of that energy and make the best hot dogs. Seriously. Don't miss out on it.
Finally, the last bit of helpful information Boots has for the rookies is about the gym. Kvalheim hits the gym and blasts tunes and uses pretty much every piece of equipment available all at once. He's in there bright and early in the morning. Two things about that, number one, don't mess with his routine, he's serious about it and it's been keeping him successful for years. Second thing, learn from it. Kvalheim is a monster of a hockey player and if you can absorb and knowledge and know how about that guy and his career and effort in the league, you'll stick around for ages and have a wonderful career just like him.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Written Task: Tell me what advice your player would give to someone new to your locker room! Do they need to know what players to steer clear of? Maybe a secret way to get the best snacks in your break room? What knowledge would your player have that could help out the people around you? Whether you're a grizzled vet or a brand new call up, you've definitely got something you can help people out with. Even if it isn't hockey related! (150+ words)

There can be quite a bit of movement in any team's locker room at any point during the season, particularly if the GM is active on the trade front.  Most of the veterans who move don't really need any advice, other than what type of coffee to get the Training Staff.  Pampering the Training Staff may seem like just a nice thing to do, but it also comes with a few perks, like an endless supply of dry gloves, extra sharp skates etc.  Guys who come into your locker room who are new to the league may require a bit more direction in addition to the foregoing.  The best advice for these young players is to remind them that they have the talent to play in the SHL and to enjoy the ride, wherever that might take them.  My final bit of advice would be not to focus on one's own achievement, but rather on the success of the team overall.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

[Image: y1Fl2Dh.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

New players to the Buffalo LR would get a lot of advice. We have such a diverse and playful group in the locker room. First off everyone should know that Bean Beanman doesn't actually have a Belle Delphine thing. In his locker he actually has a picture of Amouranth. He doesnt take well to the jokes about her either. My advice is don't cross that line with him or he goes all spider monkey on you. Also keep your snack hidden from Konstantin Selich. He is big on snacks and maintaining his caloric intake and that means he eats everything even if its your. Also if you ever need any prune juice (gross) Aron Hernadivic has you covered. Being an old bag of bones that he is has earned him sponsors from all the best prune juice companies. He swears it is what keeps him playing still. There is a such a variety of personalities I could give advice for another 3000 words, but I dont get paid more for that.

Code:
171 Words

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Player Prompt

At some point this season, Dionne will have a new backup. There is some chance that he will be a rookie, so he will need some advice about everything.
Where to buy a car, how do we dress and where do we buy our clothes, how to we bring our equipement to the rink, etc.

Some basics stuff to know to be able to concentrate on improving as a player and not only focus on how to stay alive to not live on the street.

As the captain of the team, it's my duty to help the new rookies and to make sure that they are confortable around their teammates. It will only be my third season in the SMJHL, but we had some great presence in the locker room in the last twos seasons so I had some role models to learn from. I'm easy to reach and with only two new players, my job will be pretty easy this season.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 10:32 AM by adamantium. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Creative Prompt

Hi Crab Camaro,

First question, what the hell are you doing in New Hampshire? I mean, Concord's a pretty town but for god's sake, there's a million better places to live in New England than the state we all collectively forgot existed.

As for your crab problem, there's certainly a few solutions. This actually happened to my buddy Eric, once, but instead of 60 or so horseshoe crabs it was 20 live lobsters that we bought from a local fishmonger and tossed in his jeep. I don't think they were holding the door closed though, that's pretty crazy. Kinda like Wonderful 101 but with horseshoe crabs. You ever play Wonderful 101? Honestly maybe the most underrated Platinum game. Kinda because it came out on the Wii U, I guess, but Bayonetta 2 was also a Wii U exclusive, and like everyone loved that game. Where was I going with this?

Horseshoe crabs. Yeah, so, honestly, my suggestion is just to get a new car. I don't think you've got a shot in hell at defeating 60+ horseshoe crabs who can bundle together into like a big fist. You could follow in the footsteps of the 30-50 feral hogs guy from twitter and start firing off high caliber rounds into your car to help thin their ranks, but at that point, you're just putting bullet holes in your car and you might as well just get a new one to begin with at that point. The '09 Camaro sucks anyway, that's such a generic box car. Get a better car and leave New Hampshire. That's my advice.

Thanks, Crab Camaro, I hope that your feral crabs don't piss all over your leather or whatever.

Code:
WC: 283

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Code:
Tell me what advice your player would give to someone new to your locker room! Do they need to know what players to steer clear of? Maybe a secret way to get the best snacks in your break room? What knowledge would your player have that could help out the people around you? Whether you're a grizzled vet or a brand new call up, you've definitely got something you can help people out with. Even if it isn't hockey related! (150+ words)

Its kind of unusual for Strom this season as, due to free agency marbles, he himself is the new person on a completely different team.  While he himself is out finding out all of the tips and tricks to navigate the new team as well as all of their accommodations (and new staffing to get familiar with), in the sense of the overall SHL he still has some decent knowledge to impart.  For new members that were getting called up to the Dragons for the first time, he would impose upon them some knowledge in particular regarding travel flights between cities.  Each terminal has their own little niche.  Whether it is the starbucks that is in the terminal, or VIP only access areas or even the quick ways to get through the TSA scanning, Strom would make it a point to help them make sure that when the team is traveling abroad they can have the smoothest experience possible.  Point of note:  stay away from the quick airport sushi. Second point of note:  No, you really don't need that souvenir snow globe.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 10:48 AM by sköldpaddor.)

Prompt 1: Lias is only just coming out of his highly unremarkable rookie year, but his main advice to people who are following in the same path would be to find the people you can count on early. Don't waste time trying to impress people whose opinions don't matter - find the people you respect, and go from there. Those are the people whose advice you're going to want to ask for, the people who are going to be there for you when stuff is tough, the people you're going to want close to you when you have good things to celebrate. Don't try to please everybody - it's impossible and you'll just stretch yourself too thin. You can be in the gym constantly every day all day and things are still not going to feel right unless the stuff outside of that is right too - if your head is a mess, your body is going to know it. Also, the protein bars in the vending machine are better than the ones you have at home, the arena air makes them taste better.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

PBE affiliate

Player Prompt

I am currently a member of the Toronto North Stars. I just recently joined them, after a short stint in San Francisco and Edmonton. My advice to my new management is to be patient with me. There is a future 2k+ player in me, i will just need the trust and confidence from the team. This will also be my third season in the SMJHL, playing for the Great Falls Grizzlies. I’ve noticed the S68 class consisted of a lot of new first-gens. My advice to them is to enjoy your first few seasons as much as possible. It will never be better again. If you are working to become a future hall of famer, you should focus on doing the tasks at the start of the week. Then chances of missing TPE is a lot less. If you somehow do lose out on TPE, don’t panic, a bit less TPE isn’t the end of the world. Having fun is the most important thing what counts.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies