Create Account

S67 PT #0: Advice

PLAYER PROMPT

My advice to new players is cliché but true. First, don't get comfortable. The early parts of your career should be full of growth and progression. If you constantly playing in comfortable conditions or not pushing yourself to new boundaries during workouts, training, and practice than your development is going to be stagnant. The rest of the pack is going to surpass you quickly. Secondly, put your ego aside. You could be coming into the league as a top prospect that everyone is hyped about. Your whole youth career you have been that guy. The moment you get into the pros you are likely going to experience reality check. There are people who have been doing this for 10-20 years longer than you. They will have knowledge to pass along to you. Take it and benefit from it. Thirdly, have fun. We are blessed to be able to play professional hockey for a living. While it can be a lot of work and high pressure, we have to remember to have fun or else we will get burnt out.

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 12:58 PM by efischermann. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - As the new season comes up fast, team rosters are starting to get set in stone. There might be some new faces around that you've never seen before! Whether it's a veteran joining a new team, or a rookie fresh from the SMJHL, everyone could use a word of advice from time to time!

Written Task: Tell me what advice your player would give to someone new to your locker room! Do they need to know what players to steer clear of? Maybe a secret way to get the best snacks in your break room? What knowledge would your player have that could help out the people around you? Whether you're a grizzled vet or a brand new call up, you've definitely got something you can help people out with. Even if it isn't hockey related! (150+ words)

First of all, I would say that we have the best locker room in the league. From the top down, Seattle has fostered a culture of fun AND of winning. We obviously added a few new bodies over the offseason and they have blended in seamlessly, just like they should with the strong core with have in Seattle. The music is always on point, the jokes are always great and the parties are legendary. We have a great group of guys in the room. Well, everyone except Seb, but who really counts goalies when you are talking about the culture of the locker room. We just stick him in the corner anyways and let him stare at the wall, talk to his pads, you know, all that strange crap that a goalie does. Either way, we have a great room, I promise. Just don’t talk to Seb and you will be just fine.

153 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

For any new players coming to Los Angeles this season, there is just a couple of things you need to know to make sure you'll fit in just fine with the rest of us.

You have to be a foodie. No, that doesn't mean eating fancy/expensive dishes every day. It means you have to love talking food. Sharing pics of what you're eating, talking about recipes or dishes you've tried around the world. Get us hungry and you've done your job.

You also have to keep our GM on their toes. Act up in the locker room, complain about ice time or your role on the team. Request a trade every week or so, demand you be moved up a line, you know, things that will make them sweat and get nervous. If they don't feel this, they'll get too comfortable in the role and coast. Fear drives success, so create a LR of uneasiness and you'll do great.

Most of all, be ready to play. Don't take practices off and train, train, train. We get better if you get better. Don't slip.

(184 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Believe it or not, I've had this problem before. It seems that crabs really like Camaros for whatever reason, and the solution I came up with ultimately fixed the problem for both myself and the crabs. The first thing you have to do is establish a rapport. Crabs also love rave music, so playing crab rave for a minimum of 24 hours should help with their hostile nature and allow for there to be negotiations on both sides. Once you are on speaking terms with them, you can start by establishing common ground: obviously, you both love Camaros but there's no way you can use it 24 hours a day. What you can do is create a rotating schedule for both you and the crabs to enjoy the Camaro, however what I did was allow for the crabs to become my personal chauffeur! It was the perfect outcome, I get a driver that I don't have to pay, and they get to drive the Camaro around all day!

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT

New blood huh? Well, stick with me kid and you'll go places. Hey can you speak Czech? No? Start learning. Everything's gonna be Czech sooner or later. It's the language of the future, not to mention a superior culture we'll soon see replacing our own. Might as well get on top of it now, you know? By the way, here's some Buchty. Also there's some ground rules: nothing Japanese or Swiss. Don't ask why, it is beyond your comprehension. That means no High German, no Japanese, no anime, no sushi, no yodeling, and no swiss chocolate. Avoid such things, and you will be safe... for now, as long as you do well in other... more Czech things. Hockey related advice? Uhhh sure, I guess it's important if we play together that you know I won't respond to any call out on the ice if it's not in Czech, so yeah all the more reason to learn the language!

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

[Image: uDcfHwC.png]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: vj4u3El.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 11:09 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

Creative Prompt

Hello there Crab Camaro in Concord, NH. Sounds like you’ve found yourself in quite the “crabby” situation. I’m no expert when it comes to horseshoe crabs but I have to ask, how the heck did 60 of them manage to get inside your car in the first place? Sounds like you were pretty irresponsible leaving your car unlocked. Also how big is your nose for them to pinch it? They don’t exactly have very big or long “claws” to get you with.

To me it sounds like you asked for this situation and I’m a big proponent of “Finders Keepers” so in my mind your ‘09 Camaro now belongs to them and not you. Let it be a lesson to look after your things better.

But you are writing for help so here are two options that I can recommend. Set the car on fire. Just burn it and buy a ’23 Camaro with the insurance money. The other option is simply waiting a couple more days, horseshoe crabs can only live out of water for roughly 4 days and that’s if their gills are kept moist. Just wait them out and they will have to either vacate the car or they will suffocate. Good luck!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Code:
Written Task: Tell me what advice your player would give to someone new to your locker room! Do they need to know what players to steer clear of? Maybe a secret way to get the best snacks in your break room? What knowledge would your player have that could help out the people around you? Whether you're a grizzled vet or a brand new call up, you've definitely got something you can help people out with. Even if it isn't hockey related! (150+ words)

Kawashima always enjoys welcoming the new players into the locker room. He always offers them to head out into the city and show off the best places around. The tastiest, most delicious food. The sweatiest, dirtiest clubs. The littest, most interesting museums. Kawashima knows them all, his nickname in the locker room is 'the guide'. One of the big ones is that Kawashima and the gang will always take the rookies out for a nice team dinner. An eat as much as you want buffet, gives them the chance to swap seats and just get to talk to everyone. This creates a nice enviorment where nothing is too forced, everyone can jsut chip in whenever, join which ever conversation they want.

Finally to round things off, the gang will hit up an arcade and just play games for the rest of the night. Kawashima will always be there for the rookies and that is an impression he wants to leave behind.

[161 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

PT pass because I easily got the crabs out of my car.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

PLAYER PROMPT

Ah yes, the beginning of a new season. Quebec City is coming off of a heart-breaking loss in the S66 Four-Star Cup finals against the Nevada Battleborn. But that won’t stop them. They had a very good draft here in the SMJHL, and are ready to get back into the finals. With the loss of star players such as Shylo Moxii, Louise St. Martin, Justin Time, etc. They will need a ton of players to fill those shoes. We are very much aiming to get back into the playoffs, and maybe even make a deep run, and hoist the cup this time around. A word of advice I can say for all these owl rookies, keep your head in the game. Never get distracted. Always work to be the best you. We are going to need 100% out of you in every game. I cannot wait for this season to start, and what this season holds.

Code:
158 words

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

I guess she does not like Crabs or Cameros, eh?

[Image: VidelBurnsAnCar.jpg]

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Creative Prompt:

Hey Crab Camaro, Bobby McGinnis, or Bobby Mac if you prefer, you’re looking at this all wrong. The crabs may be in your car, but that’s the thing, it’s YOUR car. You gotta show leadership, these crabs are looking for a captain to help lead them to glory, and by glory I mean whatever destination you’re heading to. Think about it, if you get the crabs on your side, you will have personal car security for whatever you leave in your car, and no one is going to car jack a crab filled Camaro. I would suggest building camaraderie with the crabs, either by feeding them some shrimp or serenading them with Crab Rave, you’ll not only get your car back, but you’ll have a crab army to support you. Also for the big and red nose, go get that checked out by a doctor that’s no laughing matter, why are you telling me about it?
[Image: GTceFQ3.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

pt pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

ISFL Affiliate

Written Task Player Prompt: Some advice I would give the rookies of the Chicago Syndicate to be successful in the big leagues is to be a student of game. The first thing I would say to anyone who wants to play hockey at a high level is to be a student of the game. Putting in relentless effort is the key to getting good results. Next it is important to be obsessed with the game. It completely okay to be a rink rat. Play hockey, watch hockey, consume it. Most of the great players I've played with or against, if you listen to them, they watch hockey all the time. The more you watch and study the game, the better you'll be at it and the more you'll learn from it. Having that passion and that drive will help elongate your hockey career. The next thing to remember is that the game is bigger than you. Even though you have made it to the big leagues and may think you are a hot shot, you have to realize the game is bigger than you; that means being open to advice from everyone and open to listening to what coaches tell you. No matter how good a player you are, there's always something you can improve upon. I would also advise making connections with people not just with coaches, general managers, and trainers, but also with zamboni drivers and staff workers at the rinks you skate at. It never hurts to know people, and you never know what kind of opportunity it might lead to in the future.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars