Create Account

S67 PT #0: Advice

PBE Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Player Prompt

Recently GK was a new player added to the Winnipeg locker room last season, and knows what it is like to be the new guy in a locker room. However you would think this would mean that he would be perfect to provide advice to a new member, since he has been new a few times before. GK tends to be a player that keeps to himself most of the time, and really will occasionally jump in with banter with his teammates.

As for advice, GK wouldnt tell the new player to avoid anyone, as GK feels like it is important to get to know everyone on the team, and really has no issues with any one player. Additionally GK would tell the new player to honestly just be themselves, be respectful to the other players on the team and work hard so that those around them know they are giving it their all. With these few words of advice, I believe the new player would be on the path to success.
(172 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PLAYER PROMPT
The most important advice, something that I have learned the hard way myself, would be "if you're Nordic or for some other reason you are used to eating ketchup that actually consists of tomatoes and spices and not just high-fructose corn syrup, random chemicals, a splash of vinegar and red food coloring, don't tell the Americans all the foods you use ketchup with." That tends to lead into a big cultural war, no matter what the team is. It is a universal thing. I have experienced it many times in many locker rooms, including the one we have in San Francisco. Another advice would be a more general one: enjoy the everyday life. If you only feel happy or satisfied after big successes, you might get bored with what you do or even burn out. Try to also have short-term goals and checkpoints where you can feel success, in hockey and in life outside of hockey. It's easier said than done, but try to steer yourself in that direction. It will help you stay motivated and also probably makes you a more positive person to be around with.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Code:
CREATIVE PROMPT- Hockey don't pay like it used to! You find yourself picking up part-time work at your local newspaper, and somehow you've landed the advice column! This week the letter you have to respond to is... strange.

Graphic Task: Show your player dealing with the crab problem.

[Image: 5SAb57m.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Player Prompt

Theo Kondos now on the back half of his career has changed his out look on the league, he not longer the young player looking to break out of the shadows, but he is now an older player that younger players look up. Spending his career in Texas and currently Chicago he is trying to give back to the prospects and young players of the league. Kondos recently held a development camp, and here is what he had to say.

Entering the league can be intimidating, coming out of junior the game is completely different. Players are faster, stronger, smarter they have the advantage. But you are new, and you have to use that to your advantage, bring your game to the rink everyday, work hard and show the coaching staff the player you are. You were drafted for a reason, and you need to show them and ultimately believe in yourself. You have control of your career, and if you are dedicated you will make it work.

+160 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 05:26 PM by jdinino. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

After a long hard fought season Nino Di Giuseppe has learned one thing about the Great Fall Grizzlies locker room. That is do not mess with Bobby McGinnis. Any advice for incoming players, including freshly drafted center Loosh O’Sullivan revolves around making sure not to step on McGinnis’s toes. A vague threat was thrown out by Bobby that if anyone messed with during his pre-game routine he would come after you after the game wearing his skin tight spider-man suit and hang you upside down from the ceiling of the locker room, wrapped up in the dirty towels that were just used by the rest of the team for their showers. Another piece of advice from Nino Di Giuseppe had for the S67 Draft class was to make sure that they didn’t take playing in the SMJHL for granted. There a lot of hockey players in the world and you have to realize how amazing of an opportunity it is that they get paid to play at the second highest level of hockey.

[Image: ADOQcvG.png]
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: wu5MVvy.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

[Image: pt0.png]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

As Seamus finds himself looking at the fresh new rooks that adorned the recent championship winning team. They were all disgustingly bright eyes and full of bravado. Seamus inhaled, "Here's my advice you little lambs. Take heed or you might find yourself falling behind the team during our trainings. 1. Don't take yourself too seriously. The team is serious when it needs to be, the last thing we need is you getting in your head. Improvement under the team will come. 2. Everyone plays defense. Everyone holds the line. Play defense and you will have your chance to stand out. 3. Take each opportunity to go against a team as a way to refine your skills indefinitely. Learn how they ay, learn their weaknesses, and learn the strengths. When they least expect it, you cutout their strength. 4. Drink lots of beer so that you always remember to do #1.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Creative Written Prompt

Dear reader,

this is indeed a problem in need of a snappy solution, I can imagine you are very crabby about the whole situation. First of all, I find it incredible that your 09' Chevy Camaro has the space to fit 60 or more, adult horseshoe crabs, I wonder what trim level you have as it sounds very spacious. Anyway, my advice would be to tow the mid-size sport sedan to the nearest saltwater adjacent beach (which appears to be in Portsmouth, NH) and let nature do its thing. These crabs are clearly very perturbed, and while your car may be nice, it has nothing on the natural habitat of the horseshoe crab, mother nature herself. While your crabs clear out, we've rented you a lightly used 05' Nissan Murano (we couldn't do much better as a local newspaper, unfortunately) to act as your daily driver. Concerning your nose, I suggest you take an Advil. 

Hopefully, this helps, IDK I'm not a marine biologist lol good luck. 

Editors Note: You are liable for any damages to the Nissan Murano.

Player Prompt - Well basically like everyone retired now. I have no clue if Scoochie is even in net anymore. And if he is...well we might as well have 6 players on the ice instead. Enough about bashing teammates. This reminds me of when I was working as a bagger in high school in Asda (when I wasn't playing hockey all the way in Cardiff). So I signed on like April and then all the other baggers buggered off and went to Uni. Well then I was the top bagger at 17. Basically the situ in Philly. I'm a 3 year going on 4th year player and like everyone retired or is retiring or is playing in a coffin. Then there's me and Hans. We're now the old men and I'm not old okay?? I'm like 1, 2, 3, 4. I'm like 26. Oh know am I really? 26. Anyway my advice to all the youngin's is to uh work as a team cause I want to win a cup. Cool!

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

As technically a veteran player (regression, ewwww), Daryl would be one to try and dispense a bit of wisdom, advice, experience even. 

Mostly, no matter how much you feel like you may have dropped the ball (well, puck I guess in this case) early in your career, if you show a willingness to work hard, earn your place on the roster, you can get there. This is from personal experience. As a young player in the J, Daryl was a late joiner, being an early UDFA pick up for St Louis, he was already behind his draft classmates. He worked hard,  both on the ice and in the locker room, to show that he had what it takes, and was drafted surprisingly high by Seattle. My own IRL issues caused an IA spell. When I returned, Daryl had been overtaken by players from the following draft class and didn’t have an SHL contract. He showed his willingness to work hard and try and recover some of the ground he lost, earning a new contract with Seattle, graduating to the SHL, being a decent enough defenseman (until last season anyway), and even being named an alternate captain for the Argonauts! If you put your mind to it, you can do anything!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

This task is relevant for me because I have recently joined a new team and I wish that someone had given me some advice before I was thrown to the wolves in terms of meeting all of these new team mates! But seriously, there are some universal things that I think every player has to respect coming into any locker room environment and those are what I would advise players to respect no matter what team they're a part of. My first point would be to respect the hierarchy; don't come into the locker room and think that you're going to be the top dog on day one, no matter how good a player you are there are natural rules that have to respect and you need time to take your place at the top of the pile. Further, I think that you have to consistently be the kind of person you want to be rather than who anyone else wants you to be; these are your teammates, you're going to spend a lot of time with them and I think it's important to establish on day one who you are and the type of person you want to be. These are general things, but they are the advice a vet like Kaarlo Kekkonen would give to any young player joining a new locker room in the league and hopefully they'll be of some use.

Code:
235 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]