Create Account

New asron bot commands, and some of the lesser-known features

It's been more than a year since the last major Asron bot update and there were a lot of things on my list that I wanted to implement (A big thank you to @James Truong for valuable feedback and suggestions, appreciate it)
I had some free time recently so I was able to add most of the changes I wanted.
(in case you're wondering, bot being offline for 2 weeks was not one of the intended features :kekw:, it shouldn't happen again. Probably)

!f and !p are by far the most used bot commands, but there are 20+ commands in the bot and I feel like it gets to the point that there are so many commands and variations of each command, that it's kinda unintuitive and difficult to use at first. I updated the !help command with the up-to-date list of available options, but it's more like a quick reference. Some commands take up to 6 optional arguments, and I'm not sure if it's clear how to use them, so in this post I wanted to highlight the new features, and also show examples of how some commands can be used

I'll omit the smjhl equivalents of these commands, but as a rule of thumb, just add j to the command name. E.g. !standings for shl, and !standingsj for smjhl.

1. Bot now has STHS stats. Shoutout to @luke for providing the data.
This was probably one of the most requested additions, and it's also the one which was the most time-consuming. But it was worth the effort, because now career totals, league records, etc are correct.

You can look up stats going back to the first seasons of shl, e.g. here's Joe McKeil
[Image: unknown.png]

Note: When I was working on these changes, I wanted to move from one task to the next quickly, and tbh I realized that I forgot about goalie stats only when someone mentioned it today. So still only fhm stats for goalies, but I'll try to add sths data soonish.

2. Most index commands accept an optional season argument, so you can view stats from the previous seasons.
Examples: !p 56, !standings 60, !playoffs 61.

3. !records/!since/!alltime/!leaders. I grouped these commands together, since they take the same optional arguments.
• By default only top 3 or 4 are shown in each category, but you can view a single category, like !records -points will show the top 30 in points. -assists, -shots, etc also work.
• Add -po if you want postseason data.
• You can filter by position by adding -f for forwards, -d for dmen and -g for goalies.

So if you want to find who got most points in a single postseason in shl history, it's !records -po -points

!leaders -g if you need goalie leaders.

4. Rookie leaders. !leaders also accepts an additional filter: -r, which will only show rookies.
So it's !leaders -r for current season, or e.g. !leaders s58 -r for rookie leaders from season 58.

It's not possible to filter rookies by position (forward/d) or to query top rookie goalies, this will be fixed in the next version

5. !since/!alltime can filter by draft class, so it can output point leaders from a specific draft class, for example.It was a bit tricky to figure out what draft class each player is from, but in most cases it should be correct. Only potential issue is if you changed your player name.
Also, if you're wondering what the difference between !since and !alltime is, !since s20 will show leaders since s20, and !alltime is just an alias for !since s1. You can also hit !since without specifying the season, then it's s1 by default.

Example for draft class 53:

6. !fp can now filter by position as well (-f or -d or -g), and it also outputs more players than before

Example: !fp -d will output top fantasy defensemen

!fp -g will output goalies.

!fp accepts a season parameter as well, so you can view top players from the previous seasons.

7. The updated !show command (or its alias !me)
There were 2 main issues with this command before:
- The amount of data it displayed was limited and it wasn't that useful
- You had to remember the exact username and their team for it to work, which made it really difficult to use

Now the output has more data and looks like this. My intention was to create something that could be used for quick scouting by gms, and also for the aforementioned fantasy research.

And you can search by username OR player name without specifying the team, and you don't have to type the exact name, because the bot will attempt to find the closest match. The search algorithm isn't perfect, but in most cases it will find what you need.
E.g. query with typos

8. Ranking teams by average tpe
!rosterank

9. Draft class tpe ranking, similar to the Player Analyze spreadsheet
!dcrank [season], e.g. !dcrank 60

10. !s now has a boxscore link for each game

==================

I think that's about it, I hope you'll find the new features useful.
Asron bot would probably be much easier to use with slash commands which is a relatively recent discord feature, but it probably requires a significant refactoring of the codebase, so Idk when I'll be able to look into that
Until then you can refer to !help if you forget the name of some command

Also if you have any questions about the bot, fire away

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

We don't deserve this

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

we have the api wrapper, now we need to make the api even more insane and we can just run the league from discord

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Pay this man

Seriously though, the vast majority of the league uses this bot in some capacity. Thank you for all you do with this bot.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Truly amazing!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

You are amazing, this is some great new features.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Everyone that worked on this, you have my appreciation. Cheers.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

This I like.

Great work, this is awesome!

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

This is so great! I hope you recognize how much we appreciate all the hard work that goes into this!!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

I love you asron

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 06:20 PM by Lime. Edited 1 time in total.)

I enjoy !since points -dc53

Also is filtering by team planned to be added? Like !since points -atl

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

can we have a copy of this in shl announcements too? great work

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Unreal. Amazing work

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

09-27-2022, 06:14 PMLime Wrote: I enjoy !since points -dc53

good suggestion and this was easy to implement, so it's already live. I'll just need to double check later that relocated teams are handled correctly, but looks ok at first glance

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

09-27-2022, 07:26 PMaaronwilson Wrote:
09-27-2022, 06:14 PMLime Wrote: I enjoy !since points -dc53

good suggestion and this was easy to implement, so it's already live. I'll just need to double check later that relocated teams are handled correctly, but looks ok at first glance

Awesome thanks!

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate