Create Account

S67 PT #5: A Nice Big Bonus Cheque Due: October 23rd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

pt pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Creative Prompt:
This money is going straight into the Jay O'Neil in home ice skating ring fund, not technically a charity but it is going to the cause of making it so Jay can train even more. Look, I have no idea how much a hockey rink costs, is 750k way too much? way too little? Honestly no idea but I'm going to make the best rink in my home that I possible can. (If there is any left over I will donate it to an actual charity that actually helps people) All these celebs with basketball courts or bowling alleys in their house have nothing on me with my hockey rink. I'm gonna be able to wake up everyday and be training in minutes, jump on the rink and work on my skating or shooting, whatever I want. I'm just hoping that these aren't to expensive to mantain, need to be able to keep it cold and definitely need to buy a zamboni to do donuts with at least.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Creative Prompt: Written

A free $750k? Well I know exactly where I'm taking it. Straight to the sports memorabilia store to buy 300k worth of SHL trading cards, then waiting a week (There's a weekly limit) to open 300k more packs of SHL trading cards. I am going to get so many rare hall of fame cards it'll blow everyone's minds. I'm gonna be showing them off to all the children and old man collectors alike. Imagine seeing an actual player walk into the store and do this? They aren't gonna know what to think. All the while, I'm waiting for them to go up in value. After my career, I'll be able to make a fortune in the profits from those things! Oh I guess I would have $50k left over in this instance. With that I would probably invest it wisely... Nah, I'd buy some vintage guitar that would sit in the corner of my house until I die, and it would get lost in storage somewhere, dug up years later when my descendants are legally fighting over my old property.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

After the seasonn I just had, it certainly feels good to be rewarded for it with a performance bonus on top of the fact that I received an actual NHL-salary this season and not just the significantly adjusted two-way contract amount for send downs. Since I'm young and don't have a lot of running expenses, I would probably invest the money and try to let it work for me while I continue my career in the SHL. There are a lot of way to do that but at the same time you have to be cautious - scamming gullible athletes who want to get into investing but have no idea what they are doing is a favorite pasttime of shady businessmen all around the world. So I would look to gather some people around me first who I can absolutely trust and who can advise me and help educating me while I start working out my first investment decisions.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Creative Prompt:

A seven hundred and fifty thousand dollar bonus sounds like a very nice problem to have. While there are a number of worthwhile charities that are much in need and most deserving of support, in this case, (being my first such bonus), I would have to say charity begins at home. The plan would be to take the entire bonus check and combine it with as much of my regular salary as necessary to purchase my parents a brand new home! They've been living in an old broken down place for a great many years and it would be my extreme pleasure to gift them a beautiful modern domicile to call home!  Heart

I can already imagine the look on their faces as I drive them up (blindfolded) to the new place and present them with their very own set of keys. What a wonderful way to pay back all the early morning practices and sacrifices they made for me while I was growing up as a kid!

Quote:175 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Money, money, money! Everyone likes some end of season money. To be fair, Seamus did not feel like he earned this bonus this season as his productivity dropped a ton from the season before. In his ultimate season with the J's he was lucky to stay positive in those +/- stat lines. So now that Seamus has all this money, his plan is to invest it in franchising his bar. Back home in Ireland it has been kitted out with all of his hockey titles and gear, and now its time to open up a new location. This kind of bonus is enough to buy the building and start figuring out a new plan to outfit and organize the bar life. He think that this one will end up being a mead hall with over 30 kinds of mead on tap that is brewed in house. To make this work, he is going to need some expert employees and this takes money. See you next season and we figure out how this will work!

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

creative prompt: Lias is very excited when he finds out he is getting a bonus, and he immediately takes it and does two things with it. The first things he does is he puts about 250K of it into an account that will accrue interest. Maybe like a stock thing, I don't know, he has financial advisors for that. The other 500K he takes and he helps his parents open a third location of their sandwich shop, this one in Gothenburg, to expand their little sandwich empire a little further (previous paychecks have allowed him to help them open a new location in Stockholm, in addition to their original spot in Visby). He hopes that someday maybe they will even be able to expand to locations outside of Sweden, but for now, he's pretty proud of their three locations and especially proud of his parents for continuing to work so hard on their little dream business even though he can mostly afford to support them now.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
CREATIVE PROMPT - As the regular season comes to a close, you're called into the office for a quick chat with management. They let you know you hit your performance bonuses this year, and a cool $750 000 cheque will be hitting your account tomorrow! Nice!

Graphic Task: Show me what your player gets up to with their $750k.

[Image: c1A14C6.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Creative Prompt

Manny sauntered down the hall to the managerial office in high spirits: he knew he was about to get paid. Despite the underwhelming season for the franchise as a whole, Manny managed to achieve some of his personal goals, some of which were reflected in his contract. Chevy Cheese reluctantly ripped out a cheque from his checkbook and handed it to Manny: a roughly 750,000 USD bonus. 

Manny drove as quickly as possible north from the arena in Great Falls to Flathead lake where he had lined up a meeting with a real estate agent to help him buy a piece of land he had been eyeing for some time up on the eastern range. This 750k put him perfectly over the proverbial edge to be able to afford the property. 

Here he stood on a cool March afternoon, on a ridge overlooking Flathead lake, the sun slowly retreating due west behind Blacktail mountain on the property he now owned - thanks to his goalscoring bonus. Now, Manny knew that after these playoffs he only had a year left here in Montana, or in Great Falls at least, but he had fallen so in love with the beauty of the state that he decided he wanted to build a house here over the next few years that he could come back intermittently throughout his career with the eventual intention of potentially retiring here. 

For now, though, the land was still barren, just a relatively flat dirt ridge jutting out just about halfway up the mountain. Eventually though, here would stand a modest cabin with room for friends and family to enjoy some of the best scenery in the world.

Magnus Liljestrom, upon getting his performance bonus from his General Manager, has decided to donate the full amount to his foundation Magnus' Kitchen which works with food banks all around the area and also with schools to ensure that families and children do not go hungry. Food scarcity in inner city neighbourhoods is something that is often over looked and should garner more attention, as with increasing inflation and the general decrease in wages many are struggling with meeting their day to day nutrition needs. You can also help work to solve this problem by volunteering, donating, or partnering with your local food bank to help struggling families fulfill their grocery lists. Donate any excess food or whatever you can spare to the local food bank, as they will be very grateful and are able to get the resources to the families that need them the most. This is true especially close to the holidays, where families who are struggling will be unable to afford holiday meals as they do not have the funds to spend on things like turkey or luxuries like dessert.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Sven has never really been hurting for money, largely due to how busy he stays between being a top pair defenseman for the Rage as well as the Fed Head for the Great Britain IIHF team. No one can really complain about an extra 750 big ones though, and as Sven has started to get older he has started looking forward to the future a bit more. He's noticed that it's starting to get a little bit harder to wake up each morning, and while he's at the top of his game right now he has seen how fast that slips away from the generations before him in the SHL. So he's starting to look into an experimental robotic preservation facility, geared towards giving people a second life of sorts. Not much is known about it, and it's definitely illegal in most countries, but....if there's a way to live forever, Sven will find it and become the best Sven forever.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Player Prompt

After two disappointing seasons from a statistical standpoint with Regina, M’Baku Olubori feels he’s poised for a huge jump heading into his rookie SHL season. The last two seasons, Olubori has played near exclusively center for the Elk, which didn’t let his natural talents a physical player shine. Moving back to the wing next season, he feels he can get back to the truculent shoot-first game that made scouts salivate in S65. Being represented by one of the top minds through the Hamilton Sports Agency, Olubori plans to bet on himself. If he scores 20 goals and gets over 130 hits as a rookie, Olubori feels he should get his performance bonuses. While bouncing around the lineup with Regina, he only eclipsed 20 goals twice (and both times just barely!) In the SHL, while the competition grows fiercer, he feels he’s ready to unleash the aggressive wing scorer that we’ve all been waiting to see for years. Negating the downsides will be easy—his agent is also his new GM. Ignore the conflict of interest for a moment. He can argue he played center the last two years, which, while helped him round out and polish his overall game, didn’t allow him the full range to show what makes him great. Also that he hasn’t gotten to play his natural position since a DFA stint with Nevada can also help.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Creative Prompt

Rumors are circling around Yukon that Shea O'Connall somehow got a big bonus cheque this year, despite doing nothing helpful for the Malamutes. Not everyone was believing it though, until this flyer started making it's way around on Social Media.

[Image: C2KGCuZ.png?2]

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

CREATIVE PROMPT -

Angus McFife the Eighteenth of the Atlanta Inferno, an ice hockey team in the Simulation Hockey league, has big plans for that bonus. First of all he would buy some hockey cards pack. For some reason the shop doesn't want to sell you more than 3 per day however so Angus is gonna need help from his good friend, the best koivu @goldenglutes to buy more packs under his name then give them to him. That should net me at least twice as much packs per day. Then I'm gonna call my friend @Leppish and buy him a good beer that we can socially enjoy in the Finnish sauna. It's ok to be naked in saunas by the way, nothing wrong with that. And then I would hit the charity. I know my good friend @cameltoe and @formuleun and @hotdog e are animal owners and as such I would give 500k of the bonus to a local Atalanta animal shelter, to provide healthcare, food and humane treatments to the best friends of humanity. I would maybe pet a dog or two but not cats, unless they look like Monsieur Pouffe, the bullied cat. This cat deserves much more love than the other bully cats.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]