Create Account

S68 PT #0: RollerCoaster Tycoon Due: November 20th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Man, the career of Sconnie McHIts has been filled with ups and downs, team changes, heartbreak and triumph...it would be perfect for a movie or TV show! McHits began his career being picked 3rd overall my his J draft by the now defunct Anaheim Outlaws. His task was to work through a total overhaul and rebuild with the team, but after two seasons and with the team on the upswing, he moved to the Detroit Falcons organization to be a player-coach. Some scoffed at the move, as Detroit was the worst team in the league the season before, but with a team approach and patience, McHits was able to become (at that time) the highest scoring player in J history and help lead Detroit to a Four Star Cup, completing a worst-to-first story with the historic franchise. During his J career, he was drafted by Seattle at 3oa, and while he posted decent numbers in his first two seasons, McHits longed for something more. After agreeing to a sign-and-trade and heading to Montreal, McHits put in an all-star performance in his 2nd season with the team, and is seen as MTL through and through now.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Creative Prompt

Minnesota, home to the Minnesota Monarchs, much wildlife, and the world-famous roller coast known as THE MON-ARCH. The ride will be very straight forward in its branding, with team logos surrounding the line to get on, and much of it colored in our signature green, gold, and purple. Generally speaking the ride will be 'monarch' themed, aka lots of crowns, fancy lights, fancy decor and so on so on. You kind of get the feel right? well the ride itself will have a massive, like huge-massive, like 50 foot tall massive, Monarch logo head. I don't think he has gotten named, but I think it should be "The King", might get a fast-food lawsuit for that though. The ride will start on the ground, so the line has no stairs, and you will be met with a slow climb immediately to get that height and potential velocity up, from there you will rise above and over The Kings head, and then get sharply dropped down as quickly as we can legally do it, to represent our rebuild, and then you will do a couple loops to show how hard it is to find out how to get good, and then the ride will go back to the start and you will be happy to get off. Short but extreme, always the best.

While I respect the prompt honestly, I would consider this player to be kind of the average SHL player. Their highs came in Junior where they won a Four Star Cup and some individual glory but in the pros their just an average joe. Obviously I'd love to win a Challenge Cup in Edmonton; I think that would be a great capper on a great career to go from worst to first with the same franchise. There's really been no history to shape my player. Edmonton, for all its flaws, was never as bad as Tampa Bay. We never went an entire season without a win. There was never a 'career defining moment' for my player, not even the trade from Seattle to Edmonton. That was truly a hockey decision rather than some divine plan for either Edmonton or Seattle, maybe you could argue it led to Seattle winning it all last season.

Creative Prompt
Agent Tesla: Roller Coaster! The roller coaster requires a massive climb up stairs to start with as the start of the roller coaster proper is just a very small rise before a massive drop that leads back behind the starting point in fact. From near the ground the coaster begins another massive slightly curved climb to sky high heights before plummeting to the ground once again. This is a repeated another time before a change of pace with a one and a half loop de loop that leaves you high up before a sheer drop to lead into the next ramp. After a tight twist the coaster goes on for the second lost straight to build up speed before a good drop into a ridiculous climb that ends in an upside down section before reaching the longest straight that curves under rapidly before coming to a sheer drop. It is round about here that I expect no one will have any stomach contents left and so is when the coaster deploys the second optional barf bag.

Agent Tesla: This next part makes use of my magical connections to rocket the coaster up so fast that it goes slightly skyward to connect with a small bit of track hung in the air before another deep drop. That deep drop is followed by a quick climb into a downward loop de loop that leads to what you would expect to be a loop de loop, but is in fact a sharp stop in the middle of the sky before coming back at high speed. Traveling at speed the coaster then proceeds into a full loop de loop, a partial loop de loop, and then a short straight. Now we are coming into the finale which is a drop, rise, loop de loop, loop de loop, drop, loop de loop, loop de loop, drop, and finally a fast climb to the end of the coaster.

Agent Tesla: Normally a roller coaster loops around so that you get back to the start, but for reasons that will become clear when I reveal the scale model we will have to make use of teleportation technology to return the ride portion to the start. Something that I will provide at no cost as long as you properly credit me for this idea.

After this Agent Tesla pulls away a large white sheet from a strangely shaped table to reveal the odd coaster design in miniature fully functional form.

Owner: So it spells out Martinscorsese in cursive?

Agent Tesla: You wanted it to fit the theme of the team so why not name it after the greatest maker of mafia movies? What do you think?

Owner: I think I would like to be untied from this chair and to be returned to my home unharmed.

Agent Tesla: Okay allow me to clarify. What do you think of the roller coaster?

Owner: I am willing to sign off on anything if it means I make it home to my family unharmed.

Agent Tesla: That works for me!

Code:
Word Count: 509

Creative Prompt:

As a member of the Vancouver Whalers, the ride has to be water based. Getting splashed in the face with freezing gold water in a hockey rink is definitely what the people want. You obviously ride in seats on a vehicle shaped like a whale, that much is clear. But the twist, and there is a twist, is that there is a second rollercoaster following this one shaped like a ship. Captained by the great Captain Ahab, spear in hand as he chases the first, whale shaped, rollercoaster to the ends of the earth (or rink) as he attempts to bring it down and get his vengeance. This ship will feature real life, actual members of the Vancouver Whalers on off-days during stretches of home games, as well as during the offseason. Season ticket holders get to be on the hunting vessel with animatronic Ahab and real life depth players sitting at the front. The rest of the rabble may purchase tickets to be on the whale-coaster. If the Whaler ride wins the race (it won't) then everyone on board gets some free merch (again, won't happen) after they depart.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2022, 05:12 PM by LordBirdman. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sven Svenson has had an above average to solid career. His career would be a great documentary subject because it would show the lifecycle from depths of a rebuild to the (somewhat muted) highs of a playoff contender that never makes a deep run, only to then return to a rebuild. Sven started off slow in his SHL career but then steadily rose to a valuable goal scorer. The highlight for his career has to be the season Sven had 34 goals and 46 assists for 90 points. That season he won the Ron Mexico Award for Most Valuable Player over, Danil Nikiforov. Nikiforov actually had 92 points that season but played on a dominant Baltimore Platoon team alongside 40 goal scorer Ethan Duncan and 82 point player Ryu Jones. Sven scored 21 more points than the team’s second leading scorer, Walton Stromberg (69 points). So far, Sven’s career stats are 12 seasons, 776 games, 305 goals, 386 assists, and 691 points. If he can keep up his scoring pace, he should be a hall of fame caliber scorer.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Ben Waters has the greatest career of all time. Some would disagree, but i disagree with them, so i guess we can mutually agree to disagree. First, Waters was the best midget and bantam player of all time, murdering those levels to the tune of 3 points a game. IN HIS WORST SEASONS. yeah. hes that good. After that, he went to the junior levels, and yeah. Not too good, you would think? WRONG! check the analytics. His goofazi/60 is best of all time if you account for only players with the initials BWJ. What's next? He's switching to defense, where he will be the star defenseman of the edmonton blizzard and he will be the best to ever do it and everyone knows it. His career would make a great story because he is just that incredibly talented. Watch out, kids. The REAL kid is back, and he's ready to attack.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Simmer pass

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Creative Prompt

Such a crazy franchise, always coming up with cool shit and so on. This time the ownership decided to build a rollercoaster in front of the arena to get some more money out of it. At least I suppose so. It's important to create some bond between the team and the fans, so I understand it to an extent. And having such an attraction right in front of the arena, you for sure are making steps in the right direction. 
The rollercoaster should be themed after the franchise that is the Atlanta Inferno. So you can envision a firebird of a wagon for the rollercoaster. It has a birds head as a front figure and is all fire branded on the side. There will be rings of fire the rollercoaster goes through, and at the end you land in ashes, just to rise up again in the air and feel like a reborn phoenix. Crazy what sells nowadays, but this is the exact thing people are longing for.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Brick's career has definitely been a roller coaster career. Brick's rookie season was a rather forgettable one, posting a 14-25-4 record, with an unimpressive 3.63 GAA. Although Wall did manage to amass a 0.914 S%, that was pretty much the extent of positive things that could be said about his season. Meanwhile, fellow S62 classmate Rebecca Montagne went on to be nominated for the McBride Award and took home Rookie of the Year honors. Yet the very next season, everything flipped upside down. Montagne regressed big time, posting a sub .900 S%, while Wall had a total glow-up. Wall posted a 31-15-4 record, a 0.908 S%, and a 3.09 GAA, broke multiple franchise records for goaltending, and took home the first individual hardware in Patriote history, winning the John McBride Award. Montagne and Wall have had a friendly rivalry dating back to their time in the J, and continue to try and one-up each other. With both having taken home some individual hardware, as well as making the conference finals, it's now a race between the two to bring home a Cup for their team. This roller coast still has a ways to go.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

Creative Prompt - Written task

Being from a team based on the Argonauts, a group from ancient greece mythology, the theme for the roller coaster was pretty easy to pick. The guest will embark on a trireme (an ancient greek boat) to enjoy a once in a lifetime adventure around the beautiful city of Seattle and the Argonauts arena. Of course, the roller coaster will include high speed descents and loops, but it will also include underwater parts where the visitor will be able to watch the ocean trought clear porthole.

All along the path of the track, visitors will be able to witness the most important parts of the franchise. From the creation of the team as an expansion franchise to our most recent accomplishment as the cup winners all while going 100 miles per hour. At the end of the roller coaster, the visitors will disembark at the entrance of the team’s arena where they will be able to take a look at the challenge star cups and take pictures with it before going to watch the game.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

When the Nevada Battleborn wanted a notable alum to help them open their newest Rollercoaster in Las Vegas, it was definitely Melvin that was first on their list. While, maybe not because he was who they wanted, but he was the first one who answered the phone call that came through. Now, as a moose, Antlers are very important to Melvin. So while Battleborn rams don't have antlers, persay, they do at least have horns. Beautiful ones. Sitting on the top of the arena (because honestly, rams like to climb things), the Great Horn Ride would make it's riders turn upside down as they rode through a replica of a Bighorn Sheep's horns. Launched from the ground, the rider would climb up the side of the arena, ending on the top where they get another boost of speed before flipping upside down on one horn, and then flipping upside down on another horn before easing back into the station. With part of the coaster going next to the arena, then it would be important to make sure there are changes to make it glass. Imagine seeing the SMJHL finals games and your favorite player scoring, while flipped upside down on top of the stadium. Anyway, that's all.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The city of Chicago gets cold, especially during hockey season. And on game nights, every person filing into the rink is looking for a way to get a bit of warmth as they have walked from their cars parked blocks away from the front doors of the arena. In an effort to attract fans on cold winter gamedays, Chicago has erected the Hockey Heat Wave. A first of its kind rollercoaster that blasts its cars through a heated tunnel that runs all the way around Chicago’s arena. Of course, keeping the heat in means that the coaster’s tracks are encompassed on all sides by walls. And those walls contribute to quite a dark experience. Ot at least, it did until the Chicago visuals team put together a virtual pre-game show piece that is projected from a electronic piece that is mounted on the front of every coaster car. So now as the fans take their ride on the Hockey Heat Wave as they head in to their seats, they have also enjoyed a pre-game pump up montage.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]