Create Account

S69 PT #3: Dive February 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Honestly Mr Zopf probably would brush it off. These things happen in the midst of a game, if I don't get hurt then I have no reason to go down and draw a penalty. Odds are that my team did not even notice it happen to me... Besides, if I play for a team that would get upset that I did not take a dive, well then I guess I would be looking for a new team in the near future. You have to be able to win fair and square and honestly if we were meant to win, we would have put in a performance worthy of winning the game rather than requiring us to go down to draw penalties. I would not appreciate it against my team, so I would not want to do it to any other competitors. If i had actively known that a teammate of mine would do something like this, then a few words would be exchanged and I would feel guilty about the win, because it wouldn't feel genuine then.

179 words

PT PASS - simmer

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Player Prompt

First of all, it should be known that Sir Devoir is not always the best actor. In most situations, he would not try to embellish barely there penalties because of both his morals and stance on rule breaking and the fact that he didn't trust his acting abilities. However, in a situation where everything is on the line and a bit of embellishing is the difference between playoff seedings, he suddenly decides to become a Hollywood actor by falling to the ground and grabbing the side of his chin when he feels the stick just barely hit his chin. When the refs blow the whistle, he does his absolute best to keep a very mischievous smile off of his face.

The resulting powerplay would result in the Baltimore Platoon winning the game with a goal that would have been defended by the player who was in the penalty box. After the game, Sir Devoir kept it cool and just talked about how much the stick "hurt" him and how happy he is that they won.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Written Task – Player Prompt – 159 words
Oh yes, when that stick touches my chin, I throw myself down to the ground and I convulse like I was experiencing a Grand mal seizure. I would ENSURE that the officials noticed the high stick that struck my perfectly chiseled jaw. Once everyone is super concerned with my well-being and the crowd draws quiet, I will slow my convulsions down. Eventually, they will stop, and I will climb back up onto my feet under my own power, and sprint down the tunnel. These theatrics should be more than enough to get at least two minutes assessed to the player that swung their stick with reckless abandon, if not more! Most people think that there has to be blood drawn in order to be assessed a double minor, but it’s simply injury! If I fake it up and stay down the tunnel a few extra moments, we may be able to squeeze four minutes of man-advantage time out there.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:
Do you do it? Would your player embellish the high stick? Take the dive? Try to get a call where there isn't one? Keep in mind a powerplay could win you the game here! These are important points in a playoff race! Would you take the opportunity, or is your player too hard-nosed for that? Are you a stick to the rules kind of player, or a take any chance you can get to win kind of player? (150+ words)

Would I?  WOULD I!!?  Having been around the league long enough now Strom has been able to take keen mental notes on who some of the best divers are in the SHL.  We're in and drawing a penalty here could absolutely win the game and push us forward.  As soon as that stick comes up and under my chin guard and into my mask you better believe I'm grabbing that sucker.  I'm grabbing that stick and falling to the ground so fast with a shriek, and albeit some pretty wild acting, to make even a Kardashian look like an oscar winning actor.  I will flail about like the beached whale that I am while stuck inside my pads, groaning and screeching harder that someone who was duped for buying a screeching cheeto NFT.  If I had a packet of ketchup handy, I would tear that sucker open and smear it as quickly as I could to make it look like he busted my chin right open.  As good ole JR would say, "Bah gawd, he's broken in half."

Then after the penalty was drawn, I'd re-compose myself, dust off and continue as if nothing would happen.  It would be such a performance that even futbol players would have to take notes on how to properly dive.

Hockey Prompt

I believe that embellishment is not called enough and I also don't believe that every embellishment penalty should result in both teams getting a penalty. I also believe that we are seeing more and more players diving as a natural response to the game management of the referees. Tim Peel lost his job for doing what every other referee is instructed to do and I think it makes for a much worse hockey product. Forced parity by way of keep penalties even allows for less talented teams to beat the piss out of a good team and get away with it because they already took 3 penalties and they know they aren't getting a 4th until the other team gets at least 2. The amount of abuse that star players take for simply being better at the game is a joke and the NHL openly sabotages its own product by rewarding cement-boot defenders whose only skill seems to be being taller than 6 feet.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

It's a really tough situation to be in, where a crucial powerplay could lead to victory with so much on the line. However, it's against the rules, and in bad faith and poor sportsmanship. No matter the cost, it would be unseemly and out of the question for Patrice to take a dive to get a soft call. I think the whole team would back Patrice up because they do not want to win the game on a controversial call like a dive. Patrice and his teammates want to show that they can win games by playing fair. Looking at the standings a loss to a divisional rival would not really hurt Maine because of the 14-point lead that we have built up over the season. I can say for sure that Maine will definitely be a top 5 team yet again this season. That is all for this PT.

Code:
150 Words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PT Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Player Prompt:

Cale would take the high road. It is only natural to throw your head back a bit when you feel that stick hit the chin but that would be the end of it. If the ref wants to make the call he can but Cale would not embellish any more than that. In the end by making it a bug embellishment you take yourself out of the play which can cost you. Fight through that crap on the ice and you will be more likely to get calls go your way in the future. Also in this case it would all work out for the best anyways as Cale was able to win the battle and make the streaking breakaway pass to Pweter who ended the game for the Timber anyways! Not only did everything work out in the end up they can hold their heads high and the refs didn’t feel cheated when they go back and review the game that night. Keep that game integrity!

WC:167

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Player Prompt.
If there's a chance I can draw a penalty out of playing it like soccer players do but way less exaggerated then I'd take my shot and dive.
It's not the noblest thing to do, it's not the most productive thing to do and yes there is no guarantee a goal will be scored on my side as a result of the ensuing two minutes but with points on the line and a Four Star Cup to try to defend I think Bastien would drop to the ice. He wouldn't do it often, only if it's at its most critical because he'd rather score a goal or push a pass to a mate that will put it behind the goalie rather than dive but hockey is like war and you know what they say: All is fair in love and war. Besides, it's not like other players wouldn't try to do the same thing. Not everyone would, which is fine, but still.

Hockey prompt

I don't know if I really think there's too much diving in the NHL. As compared to what? There are certainly a few divas who do try and embellish things to get a call but I think the referees are quite good at seeing through these embellishments. I mean seriously hockey is known as a tough guy sport. it's not like in soccer where if you step on a guys foot he goes down like he was shot. Grabbing his foot and screaming in agony when he was barely touched at all. I think that's why soccer is not bigger in America, we don't take kindly to wusses. Hockey players get stitched up and come back out and play. They're tough as iron and that's why the fans are so passionate and love the sport. So I think most of the players are aware of that and don't want to appear soccerish and risk angering their fans by doing the whole dive thing.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

As a goalie, I can't really dive as nobody is hitting me in front of my net. With the shape I have, and if we had the equipment I have, I'm not really easy to hit.
If there's a scrum in the front of the net, I'm way to focus on the puck that if somebody enter in contact with me, I can't lose my focus on the puck. I need to do my best to stop the puck because well, that's my job. The league always reviews the play if there is a controversial goal, but I can't show that I didn't try my best to stop the puck.
In Texas, we try to bring a positive culture in the management and in the locker room so we try to tell them to play a game that they want the other team to play against them. Playing fair play is important because it's how you earn respect and in professional sports, it's really important.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Code:
Player Prompt: 170 words

-----

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Pyotr Gallen is fucking furious.

"Drew blood, Gallen, that's a double."

"How is that not offsetting? Are you stupid?"

"You want more?"

"Fuck's sake."

Julien Villeneuve, the man in the stripes, skates to center ice and turns on his mic. "Hamilton, number fifty-one, four minutes for high sticking. Seattle, number nine, two minutes for embellishment."

Gallen skates into the box and Fiorentini, a towel wrapped around his nose, skates into the box opposite from him.

"You are so fucking lucky."

"Whatsamatter, Petey?" Fiorentini smiles. "You drew blood, didn't ya?"

"You're such a fucking loser, Benny." Gallen shakes his head. "Cracking your nose off the ice on your dive so you can draw blood isn't ME drawing blood, you dumb fuck."

"Man, they taught you how to talk like a real Canadian boy out there in Hamilton, eh?" Fiorentini laughs. "You got beat by one of the best in the business at getting a call. No need to be upset about it."

"Shut the fuck up."

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

are you kidding me? if you think that i am not trying to draw a penalty in that situation, you are very, very, VERY stupid. this is a close playoff race, and i'm not trying to let my team down in a close game by possibly playing a lawful good game and taking that grossly awful high stick to the chin lightly. i am one hundred percent flopping in this situation. my team is going to get a power play, and we have a lot of talented players on our team that could score on a power play easy peasy. in fact, not only will i flop, i will flop as theatrically as possible. watch me pull a fucking neymar on the ice, dawg. my team needs to win this game, and a division rival pulling that shit on me won't fly. i punish that by diving, we get a power play, and we win the game. suck on that

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs