Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

San-sam Emerson was born with the game of ice hockey running through his veins. His father was Baltimore Platoon legend Nat Emerson, so as soon as he could walk he basically learned how to skate. Emerson traveled city to city with his father whenever possible and surrounded himself in the culture. From as far back as he can remember, making the SHL had been Emerson’s dream in life. He took to the basics of the game quick enough. He had some natural speed and skill but it was quite raw and unrefined, much like his father’s. There was a team of people that helped young San-sam develop some of the finer points of the game. Other Platoon legends like Karl Krashwagen and Lord Raiden helped Emerson develop a better eye for the offensive side of the game and Lucca del Vecchio taught the young defender how to not get on the goalie’s bad side. All of this combined with the defensive know how of his father, led to the emergence of the well-rounded defender we know today.

(177)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ISFL Affiliate
Different Forum Username: footballiscool

As a young kid I never went to hockey school. There was no hockey school where I lived. Which is kind of weird, because in the Netherlands we are good at field hockey and speed skating, but ice hockey not so much. In the Netherlands we severely lack the facilities to properly teach kids hockey at a young age. Even if you have the possibility it probably means you have to travel far. Hockey schools in a more local or regional setting would greatly benefit the amount of kids that would try out this sport and in the end it will eventually increase the overall skill level of hockey as a nation. So we could possibly finally play at a higher level internationally and see more Dutch players across the bigger leagues in the world such as the NHL. But for now that's not the case and many kids will simply stick to football as that's the biggest sport here and will always be.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Tiberius Kane learned about hockey in the steppes of Mongolia where he first arrived. Mongolians are, as everyone knows, the inventors of hockey and hold the longest traditions in organized hockey. Being a fairly dry region, Mongolia has huge swings in temperature from January to July. Outdoor rinks are common from October to about April. Of course, this is all common knowledge and it doesnt necessitate retreading the history we all grew up with. They play a bit differently in Mongolia, starting with the equipment. Helmets are traditional and typically are lined with fur and wool, but protection extends to the shins and forearms as well in the same fashion. On occasion a horse will play goalie. The Mongolian style is a lot more physical than the dainty european style, and this derives from their traditionally meaty meals. Lots of protein on these players. With no boards in the steppes, it is often a challenge to remain in the rink and having good balance makes a good player.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Player prompt-

Every day growing up was hockey school. Every. Day. Coming from a family of simulation hockey league veterans, i was not given much of a choice growing up. Either become a hockey player, or become a hockey players wife. No one said the second pet to me but my mother made it pretty understood. She is pretty old school. When I would get up in the morning, it was straight to the ice. My brother Joe would just strap pads on me and just fire away. That was my hockey school. Then I went to an actual hockey school in America. And it was so much easier. When your parents and siblings are not yelling at you, you can really absorb instruction and learn. At the church of Zoltan hockey school in New Jersey, I felt like my voice was finally heard. I could not understand most of what he was saying, but at least he smiles once in a while

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

[Image: PEcU25Z.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

at philippe eko eel's hockey school there will be a lot of important lessons learned about both life and hockey together making it a incredible opportunity for children all around the atlanta area. the hockey school emphasizes scholarships and opportunities for minorities traditionally underrepresented in the sport of hockey, known for having a very high bar of entry due to facilities and equipment requirements. philippe eko eel will also be emphasizing playing the eel style of hockey build around being really slippery and slimy all around the ice. they will also learn more about how to make the most of physical constraints like philippe eko eel not having any arms this will show that nothing can get in your way as long as you believe in yourself (not true an eel would never make the actual nhl all that matters is if you're in a simulated fake world where constraints like that can't matter when it's fake) so the kids will leave full of inspiration!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 11:47 AM by tweedledunn. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
player prompt
As a youngster, I was obsessed with hockey. I would spend hours glued to the TV set, watching games and dreaming of one day being out on the ice myself. But there was one problem: I couldn't skate to save my life.

One day, my father decided to take matters into his own hands and teach me how to skate on a nearby pond. I stumbled and repeatedly fell, much to my father's amusement. "You look like a newborn calf trying to walk," he laughed. But despite the bruises and embarrassment, I was determined to learn. I practiced daily, even setting up a makeshift rink in our backyard using a hose and a few sticks. Slowly but surely, I started to improve. Before long, my talent became evident, and I was invited to join a local team. My father was thrilled and even started bragging to his friends about his "hockey prodigy" son.

Looking back, I can laugh at those early days on the ice. I may have started out as a clumsy calf, but I became a star player with hard work and determination. And every time I take to the ice now, I can't help but smile at the memory of those early falls and my father's teasing.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Creative Prompt – Written Task – 180 words

Ah, yes, Lord Farquaads Hockey School. Interestingly, I’ve been given this opportunity, as I am not yet really famous or anything, I’m just a depth defender on the Winnipeg Aurora. However – there will be important lessons taught at my hockey school. These lessons include how to properly clear the crease in front of your goaltender, cross-check without being caught, and where an opponent’s center of balance is so you can knock them down. These are all necessary skills to master if you want to play Lord Farquaads’ style of game. The camp starts with a skate with no pucks. After a grueling 10 minute skate, players are allowed to rehydrate and have their heart rate return to a resting state. It is then when the ogre dummies come out on the ice, and Lord Farquaads himself demonstrates how to subdue a screening opponent while nimbly avoiding your own goaltender. Once ample demonstrations have been had, each participant of camp goes with their own dummy and attempts these maneuvers. Before long, we will have a whole new generation of crease-clearing defensemen!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Creative Prompt:

Brick Wall is currently one of the top goalies in the league, known for his lightning-fast reflexes and his ability to read the game like no other. Brick owes a lot of his skill to the numerous coaches and instructors he learned from growing up, and as he has begun to hit his prime, has decided he wants to give back. With that in mind, this coming off-season, Wall has decided to start a goalie school for kids. Logistically, it wasn't an easy task. Wall had to work hard to find a location for his school, as well as the equipment and funding needed to get it up and running. There was plenty of land out in Great Falls, but not too many kids. Montreal had plenty of talented young goalies, but finding land was tough. In the end, Brick partnered with the Montreal Patriotes to use their practice ice facility to host his goalie school. Brick is excited for the opportunity to help guide the next generation of talented goalies, and hopefully see them make it to the SHL some day.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

If Jolmi Koivu had to try and capture the magic of hockey to a younger audience the main strategy he would take revolves around explaining hockey in fortnite terms. As we have established the younger generation is obsessed with fornite and fidget spinners, so explaining the sport in terms that they are familiar with is crucial in making them like the sport. For example, we would calling scoring a goal cranking a 90, deking up a defender cracking or downing someone, and lastly we would call winning a victory royale. There is a lot of room for creativity in this, another example calling going to the bench popping a shield pot. As a way of reaching this new younger audience in order to utilize this technique we would obviously deploy the campaign on the most gen z platform that exists right now: tiktok. He is very plugged in with what the kids are into so he believes this would be an effective strategy.
(163 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Player Prompt

[Image: AGdYCJS.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Trevor Warner first watched hockey when he was 4 and never looked back the fights the moves the saves the goals the hits he loved it all and he knew this was the sport that was right for him and his parents saw that he got his first stick on his 5th birthday and never looked back playing from pewee on he never went to a hockey school because his family could never afford to go to one however this didn't stop him from playing the sport he loved so much even if he didn't go to a hockey school he knew in his heart that he could be a great hockey player if he kept his motivation his drive and his focus so through out the training he pushed and pushed until he got his first opportunity to play at a high school level where he was a primary d-man 

PLAYER PROMPT - Backstory prompt! Since we're talking about hockey schools, did your player every go to one? How did your player learn the game?   

[154 words]

Code:
Written Task: What kind of fun and exciting activities do you plan for your hockey school? What skills and lessons do you want the kids to take home with them? How do you structure the whole experience? What does it cost, if anything? Is this a hardcore hockey skills experience, or something that's just meant to be a fun opportunity to meet an SHL player? (150+ words)

As part of the Rage Children's Hokey Program (Make Children Rage had been shot down), Aksel has been asked to teach one clinic. He is teaching the kids how to shoot, having been the shot leader for the season. He's got absolutely no idea what to tell these kids, and he's way in his head about it. He's a faster guy so he's just been kind of on his own every time the puck was fed his way, so it made sense to shoot. He doesn't wanna tell kids to shoot when they get the puck, and get hundreds of angry parents and coaches on him. He also can't really do trickshots or slapshots - there's a reason why he's the shot leader and not the goals leader, although he's up there in the top 10 - but he spends the whole week practicing. He lines the kids up and scoots a puck slowly up the ice to them, and they take shots on a plastic goalie and have a bit of fun. He's pretty sure they have more fun doing slapshots with Lev or checks with Scaradog Jr. but it's a good time.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

I understand the challenges of getting kids interested in playing this exciting sport. To create a program that will engage, excite and improve kids' hockey skills, I have a couple of ideas:

First, we should focus on making the program fun and interactive. Kids are more likely to engage in activities that they enjoy, so incorporating games and activities that teach hockey skills would be a great way to keep kids interested. It has to be engaging to take them away from Fortnite.

Second, we should consider incorporating technology into our program. Kids love playing video games, so lets make part of this related back to video games, and see if that will work.

Third, kids love friends, and more friends means more teamwork. As we all know hockey is a team work game, so this goes hand in hand.

Finally, we should make sure the program is accessible and inclusive. This means creating a welcoming environment for kids of all skill levels and backgrounds, and providing opportunities for kids to try the sport without any barriers to entry.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]