Create Account

S69 PT #5: Everyone's a Critic February 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

philippe eko eel leans into the criticism and doubles down going in on his own self for poor performance and questionable decisions and mediocre results. he's quick to agree with any reporter criticizing him, and often said reporters find it disarming. "Hey philippe eko eel it looked like you weren't really playing your best out there tonight, care to comment on the line of donuts tonight?" "aw man i really played like dog shit out there today didn't' i? i'm a good player in general i thikn but man oh man i sucked the shit tonight buddy you sure are right! not much to do but move past this one as fast as possible and get right for Toronto on Tuesday." If, however, a reporter criticizes philippe eko eel's teammates, that's when they've crossed a line. hey man you can say WHATEVER you want about me, i don't care, i can take it, but the minute you come after one of my BOYS, that's when we've got a fuckin problem buddy.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 12:18 PM by 3lewsers. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dealing with negative articles from journalists can be a challenging task for me, but I try not to make it gloomy. There are many funny ways to approach the situation and come out on top. Here are some ideas I have:
  1. I may respond with a humorous tweet or post: Humor is a great way to diffuse my tension, and social media is a perfect platform for it. I may share a funny meme or a witty comeback that will make my followers laugh.
  2. I might create a parody video: If the article is particularly negative or untrue, why not create a parody video that pokes fun at it? I always make sure to keep it lighthearted and in good humor.
  3. Organize a charity event: I like to turn the negative publicity into a positive opportunity by organizing a charity event. Not only does this help to improve my image, but it also shows that I am are taking action to make a difference in the world.
  4. Send the journalist who wrote the negative article a humorous gift: This could be something related to the article or something completely random, but it should be something that will make them smile.
  5. Respond with a funny press release: If the article is particularly harsh, I like to sometimes respond with a humorous press release. I like to reiterate that I do not take myself too seriously and can help to change the narrative.
In conclusion, dealing with negative articles from journalists doesn't have to be a depressing experience. By using humor and creativity, I can turn the situation around and come out on top.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Tell me how your player deals with negative attention from fans or journalists! Do you get in fights on Twitter? Ignore it all? Prove them wrong with your play? Do you say or do anything when you have to face a reporter that said something bad about you in a media scrum? Does this kind of thing get to your player, or is it just part of the job? (150+ words)

Well Dusty mostly ignores It and If he does seem some hate on a part of his game he tries to work On It. I mean he's focused on just trying to be the best player he can be. Hell there was even a journalists who came up to him after their series with the Scarecrows. "Hey Dusty are you just a 1 game wonder?" -this was referring to Dusty as being only able to put up much stats in 1 game- "Maybe I Am, but the team won the series as It's a team game here and If you don't know that about hockey then I would say keep your questions to yourself." -The journalists walked away after that- Overall though Dusty keeps his composure for the most part and sticks with it. It's also part of the job as If you aren't getting your name known then you aren't a star in the league. Dusty wants to be a star Defenseman!

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 01:36 PM by damienj10.)

Hirano likes to take part in the Twitter Tom foolery that is the big W and Reddit. Hirano has an alternative account where he just trolls the shit out of everyone and their mom that talks mad smack about him. He is his own personal internet security guard and he loves possibly people right off. In between the Twitter scraps and Reddit rages he has received people have seem to stop talking in a negative way about Hirano because every single post Hirano comes in and trolls the shit out of every person that says anything on those posts. So you don’t see any of them anymore because why bother if the dude is just going to wreak havoc and follow you for 3 weeks on Twitter and roast everything you post. So at the end of the day don’t even try to say anything bad about my boy Hirano! You might end up having a bad couple weeks on social media 164 words

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

I think this is something that I spoke about in an earlier PT but I think is so important about why hockey players don't have as percieved star power. I think there are a few key factors that aren't just social media. I don't think kids are introduced to not just hockey but also individual players young enough. When you have heroes growing up, they don't really change and differentiate. Once you have a few athletes you like, you usually stick with them. So if you introduce hockey late and their hero is already Mike Trout, there is no more room in their heart/ head for the player. Then when they get old enough to have social media, they are going to look for their team/ their hero's. So their local player that they want to market as a hero to a kid or to a young adult won't likely work out. I think that hockey's social media as a whole has gotten better, but its going to take time. Its how sports grow in the world and what grows in popularity. With social media, it quite literally is word of mouth.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

To say Kelowna has been underperforming during this season's playoff run would be an understatement. They lost two of six games to the tank-commanding St. Louis Scarecrows and now find themselves down 3-0 to a Newfoundland team that we should be competitive with. Therefore, negative media attention is a nightly occurrence for the Knights as of late. This new medium of social communication called Chirper has given fans and journalists even more access directly to the players, and many of the young players from Kelowna find themselves defending their team on a nightly basis through this platform. The veterans, like captain Jacques Hammer, know better than to engage and rile up the masses and have attempted to keep their less-experienced teammates away from chirping during this difficult time. As for Vrana, he is rather confrontational of journalists in particular who are so clearly two-faced, one night blasting the team on social media and the next day asking nonsensical questions during the media scrums.

Code:
hockey prompt
[Image: RKS6CGU.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

When Big John Hopoate wakes up in the morning to see an absolute shit fight from no name journos on the tv talking shit about his play in a game these unathletic nobodies never managed to play, he would definitely take to the twitterverse and start blasting these people. It would probably make everything worse but that would never bother him. He would just be like Jon Snow in that episode of Game of Thrones standing there with his sword as everyone comes charging at him and he would take on everyone. You @ him and you would be getting tweets back in your face. He would definitely be looking to take this anger out on the opposition in the following game also. Whoever is the first person to get the puck near him is just getting laid out. Again not a healthy responce and probably put his team in a worse spot cause of a penalty or whatever happens in hockey.

[Image: hopoate.png]

Hockey prompt

Honestly I think the NHL is horrible when it comes to social media and outreach to fans in that respect. You see so little personality out of players all the time, which really hurts the ability to bring in new fans and viewers who are intrigued in seeing the person behind the faces and skills. Connor McDavid is undeniably the best player in the league by a ridiculous margin, but as a face of the league he is just so robotic and uninteresting. There isn't really a fix for that, like you can't magically make McDavid a social media star, but I think the more marketable players need to be focused on more, and going "off script" shouldn't be frowned upon. One of my favourite recent examples is Brad Marchand recently going on a tear on social media and trolling as many posts as he can with low quality insults. A lot of people are furious with him, but I personally find it hilarious to see an NHL star just take the mask off and be a jerk to people for the sake of it. And this is coming from a Habs fan. (194 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Player prompt

At this stage in his career Sven no longer takes much note of what any journalist or other social media noisemaker says. He's heard it all. Especially being on a rebuilding team for a very long time, with little success. Early on it did use to bother him. After all, who likes to be put down after finally joining the best league in the world. After one or two bad games it feels like the entire world turns against you. But after a while Sven realized that the best, and really only thing you should do is ignore it. Anything you say just fuels the media fire. Even if you somehow come up with a sick burn, they can twist and turn your words and make you look any way they want when it's shared to the public. It's also one of the reasons Sven has a unique "veteran" clause in his contract which limits the amount of press conferences he has to take part in.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

[Image: E0NkZFf.png]

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 09:46 PM by Tesla. Edited 1 time in total.)

Affiliate PBE PT

Hockey prompt

Before I speak too much to this, something that maybe a lot of hockey fans don't want to admit, but I think that hockey as a sport will simply never be as popular in North America as basketball, or the other big sports. I think the barrier to entry for youth trying to get into hockey is simply too high in many places. Registration fees are high, equipment is absurdly expensive, and it's simply not deeply routed enough in many communities to overcome such hurdles.

That said, I think the NHL tragically undersells its stars compared to other leagues. While I can't claim to know how the NBA exactly operates, I do know the NHL makes it very difficult for its stars to actually speak their mind and let their personality out. I also think there's a lot of old school hockey fans that get way too grumpy anytime a team tries to do something even remotely fun.

I don't know the solutions exactly but I do think the NHL has a much lower "ceiling", so to speak, than a league like the NBA.

186 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights